Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At least neither him nor Agatha have been killed off yet, so their return is pretty much guaranteed :laugh:

• Agatha is likely going to return in Doctor Strange 2 or whenever the prophecy of Wanda going apocalyptic happens. I also feel she can be replicated already so a figure of her is not really needed.
  • Zemo is likely going to return in some variation of 'Masters Of Evil' or 'Thunderbolts'. I can see us likely getting a figure of him now though because of the characters main series popularity and lack of inclusion in the Civil War sets.
  • John Walker is likely going to return in something else after the set-up in Episode 5, likely TF&TWS Season 2. I don't think we'll get a version of him anytime soon though.

I think Karli is the only character I don't expect to return in a large capacity, but I doubt they will killing her off either. I don't think she really warrants a figure but it would admittedly make sense to include her if they have no intent to bring the character back - which seems likely.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s definitely more than can be said for the one-and-done villains we still need in minifig form (Kaecilius, Malekith, Whiplash, Red Skull, Zola, Pierce, and Ego) :tongue:

I don't think we'll wind up getting Pierce. Malekith (Hopefully Kurse as a Big Fig), Whiplash, Red Skull and Zola all seem like something they could revisit eventually in Thor 2, Iron Man 2 and Captain America: The First Avenger Legacy sets that we'll hopefully get next year to mark the 10th anniversary of MCU Lego sets.

Ego seems like he'd be relegated to some sort of CMF series, similar to Kaecilius - they are something that makes sense to be given a figure, but neither is from a movie where we are missing a bunch of characters (or variants) like Thor 2, Iron Man 2 or Captain America: The First Avenger.

Edited by Scarilian

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:
  • Loki
  • Loki series supporting character OR What If figure (Party Thor?)

Omg you're a genious, this is a brilliant idea

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Regarding no way home sets. It’s like 2 cheap sets to start. No way we would get everything at once. Especially with how it was supposed to be a big secret. Plus you really think lego would give some of the most wanted figures in only a $30 set. Amazing sets for this might not come till after the movie is released

Can't wait to see Electro's helicopter and Spider-Man's truck

43 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:
  1. Bucky
  2. Zemo
  3. Wanda
  4. Vision
  5. Tommy 
  6. BIlly
  7. Agatha
  8. Loki
  9. Owen Wilson's character
  10. What if? character
  11. What if? character

Excellent list :wub: I hope the real one is similar to that

Do you really think they would waste 2 spots on characters like Billy and Tommy?

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh I hate it so much. He better stay redeemed otherwise it ruins his whole arc from that movie.

It doesn't ruin anything.

He's dead in Raimi-Verse, his character arc is complete. This is multiverse.

52 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It doesn't ruin anything.

He's dead in Raimi-Verse, his character arc is complete. This is multiverse.

I mean, he said they pick up his character from the river scene.

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you really think they would waste 2 spots on characters like Billy and Tommy?

Maaan they better save a slot for the girl who has a date with Bucky on the first episode /s

51 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, he said they pick up his character from the river scene.

Maaan they better save a slot for the girl who has a date with Bucky on the first episode /s

Yeah, but I don't see how that ruins his character arc. That's not the Palpatine case where they decided to bring him back to life like 30 years (in universe) after he died, which greatly undermined Vader's sacrifice.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, but I don't see how that ruins his character arc. That's not the Palpatine case where they decided to bring him back to life like 30 years (in universe) after he died, which greatly undermined Vader's sacrifice.

He literally sacrifices himself saying "I will not die a monster"

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

it would ruin his arc if he is a straight up villain again, the whole point of his sacrifice was for him to not die a monster. He redeemed himself by taking his own life to suppress the blast of the mini sun thing. If they make him a villain I feel that is a slap in the face 

33 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

He literally sacrifices himself saying "I will not die a monster"

And then he dies. It's too early to draw any real conclusions, Marvel has been known for using actors to spread fake news so more confusion rises up. 

Is it Doc Ock coming back to life after he died? Possibly. Is it a multiverse version of Doc Ock? Possibly. Is it Raimi Doc Ock but before his sacrifice? Possible.

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

Do we know if there will be more sets than just the two for No Way Home? 

Before the movie releases, nope.

Considering how secretive Marvel is with it, it wouldn't surprise me if we get 2 sets in October with none or very little multiverse elements, and after the movie is released we'll get some really spoilery and multiversy sets down the line.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The real question is whether or not they have big enough roles/screentime in MOM to grant their appearance in whatever set/s they make.

Granted, they'll most definitely show up whenever we get Young Avengers, but that's also another question - if people want figs of WV/MOM Billy & Tommy or whatever new designs they'll get by YA.

You guys are so ahead of time, talking about future for those characters that will appear and granting a minifigure. 

This is because we have not seen the sets yet, now please just show us the Infinity Saga sets/wave atleast a leak or official pictures so we can focus on the real thing rather than fighting over the future of the movies and characters. :ugh:

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

You guys are so ahead of time, talking about future for those characters that will appear and granting a minifigure. 

This is because we have not seen the sets yet, now please just show us the Infinity Saga sets/wave atleast a leak or official pictures so we can focus on the real thing rather than fighting over the future of the movies and characters. :ugh:

That's because a lot of us have a vested interest in the story that is the MCU (or the comics), and wanting that story expressed in Lego. It is about what Lego is doing for their Marvel interest, not what Marvel is doing for their Lego interest. I'm in the latter category. I enjoy Marvel, and would certainly enjoy figs based on certain characters in specific instances (I really want Major Victory, and the original Yondu), but I'm more interested in what the Marvel themes can do for my overall Lego hobby.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

That's because a lot of us have a vested interest in the story that is the MCU (or the comics), and wanting that story expressed in Lego. It is about what Lego is doing for their Marvel interest, not what Marvel is doing for their Lego interest. I'm in the latter category. I enjoy Marvel, and would certainly enjoy figs based on certain characters in specific instances (I really want Major Victory, and the original Yondu), but I'm more interested in what the Marvel themes can do for my overall Lego hobby.

There's a separate thread for movie discussions than the set information itself. While it's nice that you want to tackle the story, I think it's getting out of track. Some of you guys, talking about character arcs for returning villains, how it'll ruin their previous stories. Like, we haven't even seen a trailer yet. 

Lol, and you're not even included in those people who talks about it above. ^^

Anyways, main point is if we have something that we know is coming, legit coming. I think it's better to talk about those. Rather than speculating on something that isn't even announced yet. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And then he dies.

Ah, yes. "I said I would not die being evil, but since I'm already dead I can be a villain again 😎"

7 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

With the news/rumours on No Way Home, I am so so hoping we get more accurate versions of Raimi Doc Ock and Goblin

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I'd kill for an updated Tobey SM

If FalconFan turns out right with what he is thinking, we could get more sets after the movie. Those contains spoilery part of the film.

But do you think they're going to have their OG costumes? Or updated version to fit the MCU setting/timeline.

Other toyline will capitalize this event for sure, I hope LEGO would do the same giving all out characters specially the most iconic ones.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

But do you think they're going to have their OG costumes? Or updated version to fit the MCU setting/timeline.

Alfred Molina said in an interview that it picks up Ock’s story right from the end of Spider-Man 2, so I think, out of the villains, at least he will have his OG costume. Andrew and Tobey if they are in the film will 100% have their OG costumes. It’d be so exciting to get updated figs of these characters after so many years 

4 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Alfred Molina said in an interview that it picks up Ock’s story right from the end of Spider-Man 2, so I think, out of the villains, at least he will have his OG costume. Andrew and Tobey if they are in the film will 100% have their OG costumes. It’d be so exciting to get updated figs of these characters after so many years 

There are various rumours about their suits.

Daniel RPK (I think?) claims that Tobey will have multiple costumes in the movie. Doc Ock, according to Molina, will have his older appearance. Electro, according to Foxx, won't be blue in this movie. Some scooters claim that some villains will have new costumes, while other will have their old ones.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are various rumours about their suits.

Daniel RPK (I think?) claims that Tobey will have multiple costumes in the movie. Doc Ock, according to Molina, will have his older appearance. Electro, according to Foxx, won't be blue in this movie. Some scooters claim that some villains will have new costumes, while other will have their old ones.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Daniel RPK doesn't know anything. I wouldn't trust a word he says 

17 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Daniel RPK doesn't know anything. I wouldn't trust a word he says 

He has proved various times that he has sources.

He's a hit or miss type of person, but he's one of the most reliable scoopers actually.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

There's a separate thread for movie discussions than the set information itself. While it's nice that you want to tackle the story, I think it's getting out of track. Some of you guys, talking about character arcs for returning villains, how it'll ruin their previous stories. Like, we haven't even seen a trailer yet. 

Exactly. The MCU page is out there and yet no one decides to use it. Its was especially annoying before we knew what the Disney+ set was going to be and everyone was discussing their ideas for it and dropping spoilers left and right the day the episodes would come out! Can this be the one place on the internet without spoilers?

6 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Exactly. The MCU page is out there and yet no one decides to use it. Its was especially annoying before we knew what the Disney+ set was going to be and everyone was discussing their ideas for it and dropping spoilers left and right the day the episodes would come out! Can this be the one place on the internet without spoilers?

Can't wait to comment in a thread that hasnt been used in a year so no one can see it!

Regarding DanielRPK

Spoiler

He's not reliable, has been known to steal other sources info and claim it as his own and has stated he lies about sources in the past.

Regarding Doc Ock's character arc:

Spoiler

If he is a 'villain' taken from after the events of Spider-man 2 the only option is if he's being controlled by another entity and/or his mechanical tentacles have taken over again, otherwise it does ruin his character arc. He proceeded to effectively use his mind to overpower the tentacles and sacrificed himself determine to ensure his legacy not be one of villainy. He died a hero saving the city. They can bring him back, but he can't be the one in control of his actions is he's going around killing people as Alfred Molina describes in the article - otherwise that destroys the ending to Spider-man 2. A case can even be made that Alfred Molina's Doctor Octopus did not actually kill anyone outside the hospital scene as we never saw a death occur directly due to him - which is also why he was a character that could be redeemed more easily.

Regarding new information, Falcon1414 stated he expects that the same 'big brick built figures' "could show up in a very expected way soon". To me this leans mostly to Marvel or perhaps Ninjago.

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Omg you're a genious, this is a brilliant idea

Sarcasm? I meant along the lines of a figure that otherlaps both Loki and 'What If' in nature. After all, we have at the very least three different Thor storylines they are doing a 'What If' take on: One focused around Loki, One focused around Thor, one focused around Iron Man in the Sakaar setting.

A Thor variant (Party Thor), Loki variant or perhaps the Collector would all make sense as such - and could take the place of a Loki series supporting character. We may even have some form of overlap as the Collector is still out there, we're going to be running into Loki variants in the series and we have hints towards the involvement of alternate Thor's.