Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I've just seen a pic of Captain America Stealth Suit with a little bit of Panda's watermark cropped on the top..
I'm pretty sure it's fake but I also see a little bit of the new Shuri minifig.. so I have a little faith

It's from a guy called the_revengxrs on IG, if you guys could give me your "expert opinions" on this

6 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I've just seen a pic of Captain America Stealth Suit with a little bit of Panda's watermark cropped on the top..
I'm pretty sure it's fake but I also see a little bit of the new Shuri minifig.. so I have a little faith

Looks fake to me :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

It's from a guy called the_revengxrs on IG, if you guys could give me your "expert opinions" on this

They posted some other already leaked figures at the same time, so it kinda seems like they're trying to look legit.

That only makes it look more suspicious to me, tho.

Edited by PGBQW

Just now, PGBQW said:

They posted some other already leaked figures at the same time, so it kinda seems like they're trying to look legit.

That only makes it look more suspicious to me, tho.

Yeah that's what I think too

Look how the star is placed on the torso, dead give away. Doesn't even lines up well. That is enough reason to say it's fake. Lmao. 

22 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

If someone posts a picture with Panda's watermark that Panda hasn't posted on his own account it's safe to assume it's fake.

More heroes that aren't Defenders is interesting (a bit of a shame though).

Would be cool if it ended up being like a comic Dr Strange, Wolverine or Human Torch (or any other X-Men/FF characters Spidey's hung around with) but realistically I think the aforementioned Spider-Men and Women are a good bet. Maybe even an Iron Man :grin:

Edited by SEmrys

Do you think we'll get official visuals for the Daily Buggle next week or the one after since it's supposed to be released in may?

Do we know for certain there's going to be a VIP release for the Daily Bugle? If it's releasing 1 June, then we might not see a leak for another month -- R2-D2 just leaked this week and it's coming out 1 May. Diagon Alley was only revealed a day before it's release last year and without early VIP access...

Edited by PhoenixBuilder

13 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Do we know for certain there's going to be a VIP release for the Daily Bugle? If it's releasing 1 June, then we might not see a leak for another month -- R2-D2 just leaked this week and it's coming out 1 May. Diagon Alley was only revealed a day before it's release last year and without early VIP access...

The mid May VIP release and June 1 wide release is still just a rumour.

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

More heroes that aren't Defenders is interesting (a bit of a shame though).

Would be cool if it ended up being like a comic Dr Strange, Wolverine or Human Torch (or any other X-Men/FF characters Spidey's hung around with) but realistically I think the aforementioned Spider-Men and Women are a good bet. Maybe even an Iron Man :grin:

This is Lego Marvel so I can totally see them putting Ironman here. Maybe even a classic version.

And maybe he even has that new helmet I'm apparently so obsessed with :pir-love:

I've asked Panda Minifigs about the Stealth Suit "leak"
He told me it could be real but it has his watermark so he's confused lol

When people say the Stealth suit are they talking about his winter soldier get up 

Also there’s rumours of a Disney+ wolverine series in development. 
maybe a Disney+ CMF series 2

Spoiler

So when are we getting our "Sam and Bucky fix a boat" set? :laugh::excited:

11 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

When people say the Stealth suit are they talking about his winter soldier get up 

Yep, that's the name of the suit.

3 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Yep the dark blue suit without the white and red on his stomach

11 hours ago, ood0 said:

The equally as desirable UCS printed arms variant Boba Fett and Dark Knight Joker are currently going for about £50 on bricklink, so take that as you will. The lowest Punisher and Daredevil will go for, assuming they're never re-released in a cheaper set, is probably in the £20-30 range.

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

In my experience, aftermarket value comes from a combination of desirability (real or perceived), access and ease of availability (i.e. cost of the set the minifigs are found in and how easy the set is to find), and time (how long the set has been out or been retired). Minifigure aftermarket prices pretty much only increase with time, and the sweet spot is when the set has become very widely availability and anyone can easily acquire it.

However, like was said, the perceived (and to be honest, real) desirability of these figures is already going to be through the roof, and they're going to be on the "more difficult" side of being able to access given the price of the set, so they're going to start off pretty high and stay high.

If someone wanted just a couple of these characters and really didn't want the rest and the bricks, paying $20-$30 each for a couple might still be worthwhile rather than paying the price of the full set (presuming they go for even that low) However, unless by some fluke the minifigure pieces become available on B&P or you're rich and willing to spend, farming a lot of Punisher torsos for instance is never going to be much of a possibility.

Thank you both for the insight. It’s something that always interests me, how these markets work. I mainly deal with comic books, and a lot of that market right now is built on speculation, novices with lots of money and no interest in the content, and greed. This market appears to be driven by the value of the set, the perceived scarcity of the set, the popularity of the character, and whether it’s a variant or first appearance of the character. One can only assume that the initial perceived value is set by the first person who sells that particular minifigure, and the ball rolls. There’s the long standing statement that something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, but if they really want it but can’t afford it or won’t pay X, and the vendor won’t sell for less, then that theory falls apart. 
When I said harvest I worded that wrong, I meant I possibly want one of each torso, as there’s a couple of characters outside of Marvel that I would like to make, and current torsos don’t match what I want to do. 

4 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Would be cool if it ended up being like a comic Dr Strange

Finally getting a comic Strange is something I've been wanting for years so I'd kill for that honestly. 

Although I think I'd also like him to be saved for a D2C Sanctum Sanctorum now that it's somewhat of a possibility.

12 hours ago, ood0 said:

I'm assuming by market you mean those street market looking things which you sometimes see figure leaks from? I have no idea where to find those. They probably don't even exist in the UK.

I live in the UK and ordered the punisher and black cat today so definitely possible for people around the world. What I paid today for the Punisher is the cheapest price I have ever paid for a Lego figure.

2 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I live in the UK and ordered the punisher and black cat today so definitely possible for people around the world. What I paid today for the Punisher is the cheapest price I have ever paid for a Lego figure.

It's the price I'm willing to pay... :iamded_lol:

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's the price I'm willing to pay... :iamded_lol:

I genuinely was so surprised when I converted the price to £ that the punisher figure came to £7 and black cat came to £14

Edited by JediJosh

1 hour ago, Childish Goblino said:

Finally getting a comic Strange is something I've been wanting for years so I'd kill for that honestly. 

Although I think I'd also like him to be saved for a D2C Sanctum Sanctorum now that it's somewhat of a possibility.

A D2C Sanctum filled with comic easter eggs and maybe even some special play/display features (floating figures, hidden or upside down rooms) sounds an amazing idea! Unless the comic and film versions are identical, I feel like lego would choose to do the MCU building since it's the most recognizable one, while including callbacks to the comics.

20 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I genuinely was so surprised when I converted the price to £ that the punisher figure came to £7 and black cat came to £14

Probably the cheapest price you'll ever see them go for!

6 hours ago, TobyAis said:

That is 100% fake. The plastic colouring doesn't match Lego. The print is poorly edited and we already have confirmation that we aren't getting Cap from The Winter Soldier.

if a comic dr. strange comes in the daily bugle ill be mad, why, because I don't plan on buying the bugle (for now:wink:) I really hope it doesn't because a d2c sanctum sanctorum 

(I'm gonna drop this link here to the setlist incase anyone is confused on prices/ set names/ set numbers )

43 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

How do you find those market?.. 

Edited by TobyAis

With official reveals for the June Harry Potter wave made today, I'm wondering when we'll start to see the Marvel sets.