Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Given that these figures will end up on the secondary market, it’s their first appearance in Lego, and it’s a big old set, how much are Punisher and Daredevil likely to be worth? I’ve never understood where the aftermarket value comes from, and I’m interested in harvesting those torsos.

The equally as desirable UCS printed arms variant Boba Fett and Dark Knight Joker are currently going for about £50 on bricklink, so take that as you will. The lowest Punisher and Daredevil will go for, assuming they're never re-released in a cheaper set, is probably in the £20-30 range.

2 minutes ago, ood0 said:

The equally as desirable UCS printed arms variant Boba Fett and Dark Knight Joker are currently going for about £50 on bricklink, so take that as you will. The lowest Punisher and Daredevil will go for, assuming they're never re-released in a cheaper set, is probably in the £20-30 range.

Which right now only cost about 9-10 bucks in the market. Choose wisely. 

I won't wait til the set gets released. Secondary value always rocket up when it's fresh. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Cloak & Dagger?

Please. They're probably my favourite Marvel heroes

I've always wondered what would happen if a leaker that knew the entire roster would just tell us, out of a love for the hobby and community, instead of dragging it out for clout.

Would the world stop spinning? It's not like there would be legal repercussions, there are plenty of ways to do it anonymously.

Edited by nintendude64

50 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’ve never understood where the aftermarket value comes from, and I’m interested in harvesting those torsos.

In my experience, aftermarket value comes from a combination of desirability (real or perceived), access and ease of availability (i.e. cost of the set the minifigs are found in and how easy the set is to find), and time (how long the set has been out or been retired). Minifigure aftermarket prices pretty much only increase with time, and the sweet spot is when the set has become very widely availability and anyone can easily acquire it.

However, like was said, the perceived (and to be honest, real) desirability of these figures is already going to be through the roof, and they're going to be on the "more difficult" side of being able to access given the price of the set, so they're going to start off pretty high and stay high.

If someone wanted just a couple of these characters and really didn't want the rest and the bricks, paying $20-$30 each for a couple might still be worthwhile rather than paying the price of the full set (presuming they go for even that low) However, unless by some fluke the minifigure pieces become available on B&P or you're rich and willing to spend, farming a lot of Punisher torsos for instance is never going to be much of a possibility.

3 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I've always wondered what would happen if a leaker that knew the entire roster would just tell us, out of a love for the hobby and community, instead of dragging it out for clout.

Would the world stop spinning? It's not like there would be legal repercussions, there are plenty of ways to do it anonymously.

Trust me, you don't know how it works. It's not easy as that. But I'm in no place to educate.  

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I won't wait til the set gets released. Secondary value always rocket up when it's fresh. :facepalm:

I'm assuming by market you mean those street market looking things which you sometimes see figure leaks from? I have no idea where to find those. They probably don't even exist in the UK.

Hi all. Haven't really been following the thread as the last few years of Marvel has been terrible. But sounds like this year is looking pretty fantastic. Just wondering has it been revealed the price and/or date of the Daily Bugle DLC? Set sounds awesome, but just trying to work out if financing and timing will make it a possible buy or not. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I'm assuming by market you mean those street market looking things which you sometimes see figure leaks from? I have no idea where to find those. They probably don't even exist in the UK.

Right. Shoot you a DM.

4 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Hi all. Haven't really been following the thread as the last few years of Marvel has been terrible. But sounds like this year is looking pretty fantastic. Just wondering has it been revealed the price and/or date of the Daily Bugle DLC? Set sounds awesome, but just trying to work out if financing and timing will make it a possible buy or not. :laugh:

D2C not DLC, it's supposed to be 300 USD

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Welcome! The Daily Bugle will cost $299.99 and will release in May.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Bohner posted this image (Spoilered for size) and seems to be implying that the Green Goblin we are getting is going to be a repeat of the one in the Bridge Battle. This was kind of expected, but it's nice to get it confirmed :shrug_oh_well:

Spoiler

614o-4xA8ZL._AC_.jpg

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Trust me, you don't know how it works. It's not easy as that. But I'm in no place to educate.  

Eh, to be fair I've known times when it was like that.

Edited by Scarilian

7 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

mid-may for VIPs and June 1st for wide release 

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying up!

Could we see a an updated Ben Reilly, aka Scarlet Spider? He was the most stable of the Peter Parker clones.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

Could we see a an updated Ben Reilly, aka Scarlet Spider? He was the most stable of the Peter Parker clones.

I doubt it with it already being released. I’d love to see a Kane Scarlet Spider minifigure, though

I glanced at the last couple pages...but ignore this it’s been mentioned, but man! where was the design of the brick built Harry & Hermione when the Airport Battle set was being designed. That kind of Ant-Man would’ve been amazing. 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Bohner posted this image (Spoilered for size) and seems to be implying that the Green Goblin we are getting is going to be a repeat of the one in the Bridge Battle. This was kind of expected, but it's nice to get it confirmed :shrug_oh_well:

Hide contents

614o-4xA8ZL._AC_.jpg

Eh, to be fair I've known times when it was like that.

Are they really going to go with a 5 year old minifigure when we just got a new Green Goblin in the Spider-Lair set this year?

1 hour ago, Bricknee said:

Are they really going to go with a 5 year old minifigure when we just got a new Green Goblin in the Spider-Lair set this year?

@Scarilian By parts, probably he means that flaming pumpkin bombs and messenger bag for GG? While I think this is the best GG version that Lego has ever released, I doubt they'll give him the same exact figure, probably same color scheme but not exact copy at all. - No insiders output, just my personal thoughts.

Just watched Panda Minifigs video with the Punisher and I think he looks awesome. I love how on the torso the bottom jaw of the skull is formed from pouches on his belt.

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

where would someone find this "market" ?

39 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

where would someone find this "market" ?

I think he's talking about the secondary market so.. I'd say Bricklink has the more accurate value
And on Bricklink, UCS Boba is 58€, TDK Joker is 40€, CC Han Solo is 30€.. all minimum prices

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count on more defenders 

Any chance of them is a new character?

17 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I think he's talking about the secondary market so.. I'd say Bricklink has the more accurate value
And on Bricklink, UCS Boba is 58€, TDK Joker is 40€, CC Han Solo is 30€.. all minimum prices

ummm

Edited by Mattallica