Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Not too surprised about no more new villains, but I was hoping Bullseye would be included as he’s a regular villain of DD and Punisher, and sometimes Spidey. Just crossing my fingers for new civilians at least 🤞🏼 Not sure who they’d include if not new people though 🤷🏼‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Borex said:

I don’t know, it doesnt sound really good to me. All these years and so little new characters. 

Aren’t Black Cat, Daredevil, and Punisher enough? That‘s three of the most requested characters in the entire theme right there in one set, definitely nothing to scoff at :laugh: You‘d be hard-pressed to find something similar in a lot of other D2C sets :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

51 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I feel like if they gave us the old Spidey and Peter, isn't it them cheapen him out because he's our main guy?

Peter has to be a new figure. The only Peter's we've gotten in the Super Heroes line are the one from FFH (with the MCU suit), and the homemade suit from the lair, no way they'll use the latter. So even if its a recycled Harry Potter body, the figure is technically exclusive. Just hope they do something about that damn head.

Also now we know for sure the CMF is MCU D+, I'm almost hoping for a first appearance Spider Man figure. Seems unlikely, but I thought a comic CMF would be our best shot. If not a figure, a newspaper Easter egg would also suffice

Cool to know we can expect some more heroes? I say why not just complete that dang defenders! This is some street level fight! 

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Cool to know we can expect some more heroes? I say why not just complete that dang defenders! This is some street level fight! 

I wouldn’t count on more defenders 

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count on more defenders 

No defenders... Then I am going to guess either heroes we already have seen in sets or Firestar and Iceman.

Two more heroes would make 6 v 6. Some civilians of course like JJ will be included. That'll do it to make 14 at least.

Edited by Leggomyleggo

19 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Peter has to be a new figure. The only Peter's we've gotten in the Super Heroes line are the one from FFH (with the MCU suit), and the homemade suit from the lair, no way they'll use the latter. So even if its a recycled Harry Potter body, the figure is technically exclusive. Just hope they do something about that damn head.

Also now we know for sure the CMF is MCU D+, I'm almost hoping for a first appearance Spider Man figure. Seems unlikely, but I thought a comic CMF would be our best shot. If not a figure, a newspaper Easter egg would also suffice

This is what I think could happen.

Peter's hair, torso and maybe leg print would be new but the face from FFH and the Spider Lair would be reused. Peter himself looks generic so I don't see how he'd be unique as a LEGO minifigure unless Lego makes Peter based on his Ditko appearance where he wears huge round glasses

Plus I have no problem with the current head, I think it works for a comic book Peter or older Peter like the PS4 Game. It does look weird on the MCU fig since that character is supposed to be younger 

No new villains other than Black Cat?  Oof, I was really hoping for more than that.  I really hope the next wave of comic Spider-Man sets improves the villain selection, because I was really hoping for this set to add at least a few more characters to the rogues gallery instead of just one.

More heroes?  That could be interesting. Three more, combined with the confirmed Spider-Man, Daredevil and Punisher, would equal six heroes to balance out the Sinister Six.  Peter Parker and Jameson added to that lineup would bring the minifigure total to the 14 that was the minimum confirmed.  Stan Lee would be a fun bonus inclusion, but I'm not sure if LEGO would go that route.

Edited by spiderfan2000

21 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Seems a bit much 

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

No new villains other than Black Cat?  Oof, I was really hoping for more than that.  I really hope the next wave of comic Spider-Man sets improves the villain selection, because I was really hoping for this set to add at least a few more characters to the rogues gallery instead of just one.

More heroes?  That could be interesting.  Jessica Jones would still be my top pick.  I don't see her showing up outside of a 18+ set like this, plus I'm pretty sure she actually worked at the Daily Bugle in the comics at one point.  Then maybe throw in new variants of Luke Cage (either 1970's or modern design) and Iron Fist (maybe the white costume this time)  That lineup, combined with the confirmed Spider-Man, Daredevil and Punisher, would equal six heroes to balance out the Sinister Six.  Peter Parker and Jameson added to that lineup would bring the minifigure total to the 14 that was the minimum confirmed.  Stan Lee would be a fun bonus inclusion, but I'm not sure if LEGO would go that route.

But Falconfan literally said there's little chance of other Defenders members showing up. Maybe just future sets but in the Daily Bugle set nah

4 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

But Falconfan literally said there's little chance of other Defenders members showing up. Maybe just future sets but in the Daily Bugle set nah

Yeah, I was still typing that up when he posted, so I didn't see that until after I posted.  Rather disappointing, but hopefully whatever heroes they include will be good picks.  

Anyways I saw the new Cap and Punisher on Instagram and I really like the torso prints for both characters. Punisher's face looks cute with the bandage though I think his hair piece kinda sucks and makes him look like a 50 year old dad. Wasn't surprised about LEGO making a Punisher fig since he appeared in kids shows like SuperHero Squad and was in the first LEGO Marvel game 

Cap on the other hand looks decent with torso being a standout but I really wish there was dual molded legs for the character if TLG wasn't willing to fully print the feet. I'd take a blue and brown leg piece with no printing over the regular blue we've been getting 

I did see on the forum that someone suggested that Thor would be a reused figure just with longer hair and I don't see LEGO doing that. Endgame Thor looks messier than Regular Thor so LEGO could simply print a messy beard on the face, whilst it would be ideal to have a beard mold, LEGO printing the Viking Thor beard makes more sense 

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

So more heroes: probably some new and rehashed spidermen and women. 
If they’ll give us Bombastic Bagman that would be something. Then they  should also give us Galactus (like the HP max brick figs) vs the FF :-D

other heroes: Silver Sable? Cloak & Dagger? Iceman and Firestar? Johnny Storm? Frog Man? Rocket Racer?

Edited by Borex

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Punisher's face looks cute with the bandage though I think his hair piece kinda sucks and makes him look like a 50 year old dad.

He is a 50 year old dad......

9 minutes ago, Borex said:

Honestly how have we come this far without anyone pointing out this?

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

If they’ll give us Bombastic Bagman that would be something. Than should they also give us Galactus (like the HP max brick figs) vs the FF :-D

other heroes: Silver Sable? Cloak & Dagger? Iceman and Firestar? Johnny Storm? Frog Man? Rocket Racer?

I feel like Johnny Storm and Iceman won't be showing up in sets until their characters show up in the MCU.  Cloak and Dagger would be excellent choices.  I'd be satisfied if they used their designs from LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2.  Silver Sable would be great too.  I'd like to see how LEGO would do Frog Man.  Rocket Racer would be neat, but would feel a bit wasted without a Big Wheel to go up against.

1 minute ago, Bricknee said:

Miles Morales in the Bugle as well then?

As Spidey, as a civilian or both?

Given that these figures will end up on the secondary market, it’s their first appearance in Lego, and it’s a big old set, how much are Punisher and Daredevil likely to be worth? I’ve never understood where the aftermarket value comes from, and I’m interested in harvesting those torsos.

5 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Miles Morales in the Bugle as well then?

I'm thinking it'll be classic comics, but don't know any non-Defenders who fit the bill as a Spidey friend.

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

I'm thinking it'll be classic comics, but don't know any non-Defenders who fit the bill as a Spidey friend.

Well, it doesnt even have to be a hero Spiderman has good relations with, it could as well be a rival hero