Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Any suggestions for an alternate head I could put on Punisher?

I have used Poe Dameron in the past! His angry expression fits Frank perfectly.

Honestly, I quite like Cap. Dual molded navy/dark brown legs are easier than ever to get a hold of these days, and the torso print is perfect.

I like the Punisher and Cap minifigs. Will probably replace Punisher's head because I'm not a huge fan of the bandage, but it shouldn't be too hard to find an alternate.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of the Bugle set. Isn't it supposed to come out in May? That's only a few weeks away, I would assume there's an official reveal coming soon.

Not entirely sure what to think of Cap & Punisher yet, they're still fairly obscured by text and images.
But, the Cap torso seems okay to me and Punisher's head looks good. Lovin' the band-aid :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

I was a bit unsure of the Punisher when I first saw him. Something about the face (mainly the band aid) and hair just threw me off. I think mainly because I was expecting him to look how he does in Lego Marvel Superheroes which I always liked anyway as a classic comic Punisher. But the more I've looked at it, the more I'm really liking the figure. It's great that Lego gave us a new face print when they could have easily used an existing one so hats off to Lego there.

Also another thought since Punisher isn't based of the game version do you guys think there will be a chance that Daredevil isn't based of the game version as well?

Just a thought

Edited by JediJosh

@JediJosh report from sources says, he should be looking similar to the game. While on the other hand, there hasn't been descriptions for Punisher and we don't know what to expect which version it was, it just Panda posted it's coming and it did leak. 

27 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Not entirely sure what to think of Cap & Punisher yet, they're still fairly obscured by text and images.
But, the Cap torso seems okay to me and Punisher's head looks good. Lovin' the band-aid :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

We're in the minority, I love the band-aid inclusion it's the hair for me that looks something off.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@JediJosh report from sources says, he should be looking similar to the game. While on the other hand, there hasn't been descriptions for Punisher and we don't know what to expect which version it was, it just Panda posted it's coming and it did leak. 

Fair enough that makes sense.

I don't know about anyone else but I love the game version and would be perfectly happy if that is definitely the version. It was just a thought I had since punisher and to an extent black cat weren't based of the game designs.

Fortunately, I'm not a leg and arm press fetishist.  I think the two figures are great: Cap is the first mcu version with uniform and helmet (I'm a helmet fetishist), it's an event to celebrate!  The Punisher is also fantastic, I love the torso, I was afraid of an unrecognizable skull or even a classic lego skull.  The new face is a pleasant surprise, they could have easily recycled an edited face.  And it is easily replaceable for those who would have preferred a more anonymous face (like hair).  Also the images are not the best, I'm sure the official images will showcase all the merits of both (as always)

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I think cap looks good, couldn't catch if his legs were dual moulded. Shame they didn't make a new helmet mould

What would he need a new helmet mould for? They literally just made this mould specifically for Cap 2 years ago.

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I really like that part, looks straight out his early appearances. :wub: But at the same time I understand what you mean. It doesn't really lend itself a modern look and the fully white belt also limits it. It would look a bit weird with Superboy's dual molded flesh arms. But again, really amazing figure and I will 100% try to pick it up. Hopefully its not too expensive after a while.

Yeah, I like the idea, but if they were going for something like this he would need leg prtining for me. It's just a nitpick tho, amazing minifigure.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

If you set the proper expectation yeah, this is just decent. Now seeing the minifigure, we know that we can keep our expectation low for Thor too. 

Yeah, as I said it's just what I expected. It would be great to get it, but I knew we wouldn't, so I like it for what it is.

Where I find pictures of Punisher and Cap? Is that Punsiher going to Daily Bugle, right? 

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Where I find pictures of Punisher and Cap? Is that Punsiher going to Daily Bugle, right? 

Check Instagram. FalconFan1414 posted in his story, and Panda Minifigs was the original leaker. Yep, that's the set đŸ™‚.

10 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Check Instagram. FalconFan1414 posted in his story, and Panda Minifigs was the original leaker. Yep, that's the set đŸ™‚.

Thank you! I just saw that pic. I am amazed by them!! I’m excited about Punisher!

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you! I just saw that pic. I am amazed by them!! I’m excited about Punisher!

No problem :) Me too, he looks amazing! Saving now so I can get it with VIP release.

This cap looks good. It's different enough to the AOU/CW one. I remember seeing dual molded navy and brown minifigure legs but Idk where they're from. Anyone know what I am referring to? I'd like to obtain it to improve Captain America.

2 hours ago, Bobby Drake said:

Any suggestions for an alternate head I could put on Punisher?

Jango Fett from the Jedi Starfighter + Hyperdrive ring. 75191

001018FF-7D0C-4EFF-A408-65360A502B8A.jpeg

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not only it will look like the face is small or squashed, but it'll look inaccurate.

Now that you've mentioned Aquaman's hairpiece, I think it'll work for Bro Thor rumored to appear in New Asgard set. But for the final battle, it really needs to be new. 

Yeah, an arm printing would complete the figure even if it doesn't have leg printing. 

As for Cap's boots, you can use Newt Scamander/BAM piece - dark brown 

Woody Toy Story 4 - orange brow

Superman/Spiderman - red

Marceline - dark red 

I feel the same, Black Panther and Cap are okay. 

Thor, Ironman, Wanda and Thanos. I would rather them going all out for Thanos and Wanda than the other two. 

Here you go.

22 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

This cap looks good. It's different enough to the AOU/CW one. I remember seeing dual molded navy and brown minifigure legs but Idk where they're from. Anyone know what I am referring to? I'd like to obtain it to improve Captain America.

@Leggomyleggo

On 4/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, RedHoodPug said:

You’ll find us in the DC thread.

I mean personally. The people I was talking about are people who I know physically.

On 4/12/2021 at 12:20 PM, PGBQW said:

Dude, you seriously are asking me source on Joker being popular?

No, I'm asking for the source about Joker being popular among kids.

4 minutes ago, HRC said:

Assuming you're talking about the Joker in general and not a specific iteration, how is he not popular with kids? Batman is still one of the biggest superheroes around, heck, he's probably one of the most popular fictional characters. Joker is almost just as iconic, being placed as Batman's primary antagonist in everything from cartoons to movies to games to Fisher-Price toys. Unless things have dramatically changed since I was in elementary/middle school, Joker is still very popular with kids.

8 minutes ago, HRC said:

I mean personally. The people I was talking about are people who I know physically.

I know I really liked the Joker as a kid. He's Batman's main antagonist. Not hard to imagine he'd be popular among kids. I don't think anyone will have statistics for ya, so anecdotal evidence is as far as you'll get.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

We're in the minority, I love the band-aid inclusion it's the hair for me that looks something off.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about it... evidently there are some versions of Frank Castle where he has very similar hair, but the mainstream version usually has less of a widow's peak...
Couldn't think of another suitable hairpiece either... The Draco Malfoy piece, perhaps? :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Yeah, I'm not too sure about it... evidently there are some versions of Frank Castle where he has very similar hair, but the mainstream version usually has less of a widow's peak...
Couldn't think of another suitable hairpiece either... The Draco Malfoy piece, perhaps? :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

That does work for some iterations of the character. My issue is that Punisher wears a headband in the comics I have, red or white.

9 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

That does work for some iterations of the character. My issue is that Punisher wears a headband in the comics I have, red or white.

Batman's face is the answer. Though it won't have any stubble.

1 hour ago, HRC said:

What do you mean source, like what the hell dude :laugh_hard: