Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sadly, it looks like Mech Cap has far more detailed "star" printing on the torso this one looks bland. Scales doesn't look like scales, but it still works. Feels so incomplete without arm printing.

Arm printing does seem long overdue for one of the main Avengers...

Just now, BrickHat said:

Arm printing does seem long overdue for one of the main Avengers...

I mean specially with this version of Cap. Probably one of his most iconic suit from the MCU. I think that "A" logo on his arms would be nice addition. 

The new Cap figure looks pretty good! It’ll only be my second Captain America figure, the first being from Infinity War, so it’ll be nice to have a fully suited Cap figure in my collection. I might replace his legs with the dual molded police officer legs from TLBM though.

And even though I’m not familiar with the Punisher character, that new figure looks great as well!

Man, set images feel so close. It feels like we could be seeing leaks or a reveal any day now.

Punisher looks dope, Cap is ok-ish. So worst thing I was expecting happened- Cap has no leg print or dual molded legs! I seriously don't get Lego reasons to save on Caps legs. I mean at least unprinted dual-molded legs would work here, and they could reuse it in other themes too. It seems like Lego makes 1 step in the right direction then 2 steps back when they show how cheap they are with minifigures.:imperialguard_commander1:

I'll be honest, I never thought we'd ever get Punisher in a set.

The only thing I'm mixed on is his hair, everything else is basically perfect.

24 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Punisher looks dope, Cap is ok-ish. So worst thing I was expecting happened- Cap has no leg print or dual molded legs! I seriously don't get Lego reasons to save on Caps legs. I mean at least unprinted dual-molded legs would work here, and they could reuse it in other themes too. It seems like Lego makes 1 step in the right direction then 2 steps back when they show how cheap they are with minifigures.:imperialguard_commander1:

They cheapen out Cap, I think they're about to do the same with Thor. Our hopes for hair/beard mold combo is hanging tight. I fear the face will be just a reuse. Dang. 

I like Punisher, Cap is decent. 

9 minutes ago, scoober boo said:

I'll be honest, I never thought we'd ever get Punisher in a set.

The only thing I'm mixed on is his hair, everything else is basically perfect.

I think the slick brush up hair would be more fitting.

Punisher looks quite perfect, my only little nitpick would be that I don't like dark blue printing around this skull. I especially can't wait to see Daredevil now.

Cap looks just as I expected. I'm not mad that there's no arm or leg printing, but dual-moulding would be quite nice.

I think cap looks good, couldn't catch if his legs were dual moulded. Shame they didn't make a new helmet mould

It seems like I'm the only one disappointed in the punisher figure. I wanted the normal skull without those accents or dots. And make the logo slightly smaller. Dual moulded legs are nice

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Punisher looks quite perfect, my only little nitpick would be that I don't like dark blue printing around this skull.

I really like that part, looks straight out his early appearances. :wub: But at the same time I understand what you mean. It doesn't really lend itself a modern look and the fully white belt also limits it. It would look a bit weird with Superboy's dual molded flesh arms. But again, really amazing figure and I will 100% try to pick it up. Hopefully its not too expensive after a while.

I feel like the Venom in the Daily Bugle could feature this dark blue printing in black vibe that we saw in Punisher's torso.

Does anyone from our sources confirmed it to be a repeat? 

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Cap looks just as I expected. I'm not mad that there's no arm or leg printing, but dual-moulding would be quite nice.

If you set the proper expectation yeah, this is just decent. Now seeing the minifigure, we know that we can keep our expectation low for Thor too. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

If you set the proper expectation yeah, this is just decent. Now seeing the minifigure, we know that we can keep our expectation low for Thor too. 

I just hope we'll get a new hair/beard combo mold for him, I don't even care if they just make 1 and use it for both Viking and Bro Thor. The alternative would probably be Aquaman's hair with a printed beard, which would look bloody awful. 

Torso of Cap is definitely accurate to the Endgame movie version, but the lack of arm printing or leg dual molding is a letdown. I'd have hoped for arm printing at least. Hopefully Captain Carter provides dual molded legs that would be possible to transfer, though not sure if she has red boots as opposed to the brown. Worried about the other figures in the Final Battle now...

Punisher is an interesting situation, he's accurate enough, but to his first appearance hence the odd choice of hair style, facial expression and the dark blue segments. I'd kinda hope he has an alternative facial print where he looks sort of stoic.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't like dark blue printing around this skull.

I think he is meant to be based off this version of the character, which incorporated some dark blue into the design :shrug_oh_well:

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vol_1-129_(Feb._1

For a comic Punisher, he is quite accurate. He is slightly balding in a number of his appearances. The blue lines are about how his muscles, and body armor, under the shirt gets depicted in some comics. That is more often than not when he appears in other characters' titles, usually Spider-Man. Since the set is The Daily Bugle, this version makes sense. Lego would never make how he appears in Marvel's MAX graphic novels. The same with Nick Fury. This version goes a long way to how he looks in What If  . . . Wolverine Was Lord Of The Vampires. All he needs is a Doctor Strange cape, with the Eye of Agamotto (comic version), and one of the Batman heads with that white band for his headband.

Edited by gedren_y

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just hope we'll get a new hair/beard combo mold for him, I don't even care if they just make 1 and use it for both Viking and Bro Thor. The alternative would probably be Aquaman's hair with a printed beard, which would look bloody awful. 

Not only it will look like the face is small or squashed, but it'll look inaccurate.

Now that you've mentioned Aquaman's hairpiece, I think it'll work for Bro Thor rumored to appear in New Asgard set. But for the final battle, it really needs to be new. 

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Torso of Cap is definitely accurate to the Endgame movie version, but the lack of arm printing or leg dual molding is a letdown. I'd have hoped for arm printing at least. Hopefully Captain Carter provides dual molded legs that would be possible to transfer, though not sure if she has red boots as opposed to the brown. Worried about the other figures in the Final Battle now...

Yeah, an arm printing would complete the figure even if it doesn't have leg printing. 

As for Cap's boots, you can use Newt Scamander/BAM piece - dark brown 

Woody Toy Story 4 - orange brow

Superman/Spiderman - red

Marceline - dark red 

I feel the same, Black Panther and Cap are okay. 

Thor, Ironman, Wanda and Thanos. I would rather them going all out for Thanos and Wanda than the other two. 

Interesting figs. Cap is cool, but without those extra details y'all have already mentioned I'll probably just stick with the one from the mech. 

I like what they've gone for with the Punisher, but I might try and modernise mine a bit. Short sleeves, more militant legs, maybe a different hair piece, Idk. 

10 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope we are close to seeing these sets in their full glory 

Almost all June sets are generally revealed by the end of April so we should see them somewhere in the coming 2.5 weeks.

4 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I'm not a fan of the band-aid on Punisher's head. Hope he has another expression. No big deal either way, though, since his head is probably easily replaceable.

1 minute ago, Bobby Drake said:

Any suggestions for an alternate head I could put on Punisher?

I am using this for my Civil War Bucky but I think it will work on Punisher too.

https://images.app.goo.gl/YeSpYF9fTpfs7Q8d6

Lone Ranger Cavalry minifigure stuble head.