Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Pretty sure he is just speaking in general, but symbiote spidey is my most wanted character so here’s hoping. Also I know that one character from the Hobbit was a comic-con figure but got released a year later with no changes.

You're probably right. I don't know how they couldn't be considered no-no's if we've never seen it happen before. The only circumstance I can think of is Azog.

5 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

You're probably right. I don't know how they couldn't be considered no-no's if we've never seen it happen before. The only circumstance I can think of is Azog.

Shazam from DC was a con exclusive for a long time but a figure of him came out last year so there's another example 👍

6 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Shazam from DC was a con exclusive for a long time but a figure of him came out last year so there's another example 👍

Ooooooo good one and good point. So sounds like it's definitely possible. Gives me hope for symbiote Spidey, Spider-Woman and black suit Superman, too.

Edited by Moon_Knight

I could definitely see LEGO releasing these kinds of figures at some point in some way, but they would almost definitely be variants. The comics have enough different designs for characters that they would potentially (at least depending on the character), have a plethora of ways they could re-release these characters without making the Comic Con exclusivity obsolete. 

7 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Ooooooo good one and good point. So sounds like it's definitely possible. Gives me hope for symbiote Spidey, Spider-Woman and black suit Superman, too.

If they use the newer Venom torso and the comic con symbiote head, they have already a different figure

The SDCC minifigs will definitely stay exclusive, but the characters they're based on not necessarily. The thing is that most of them are very obscure in general or at least obscure variants, so chances for them to show up in regular sets are low anyway. Or they appear in media TLG is not likely to produce sets for (e.g. the Spidey minifigs based on the PS games or the DC ones based on the CW shows). That situation can also change, as evidenced by Shazam, who has become quite well-known years after his SDCC minifig, thanks to the movie. Another example is Bizarro, who also showed up in a Mighty Micros set :classic:

The only one I'll never forgive them for is The Collector, who appears in 3 movies and introduces the audience to the concept of the infinity stones, so quite a pivotal role for the first three phases of the MCU. It's the only superhero SDCC minifig I've ever purchased (the others are the two Unikittys and Barb from Stranger Things) and I doubt this'll change, unless they decide to do more MCU minifigs :damn: Please don't

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only one I'll never forgive them for is The Collector

He might return in future apparently, somehow the character is still alive (personally got the vibe that Thanos had killed him) :shrug_oh_well: I expect we'll get a figure of him eventually.

Symbiote spiderman isn’t a game outfit. That is a comic outfit. A pretty important one, and spider-woman is also not really an obscure superhero

25 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

One can dream. Shazams SDCC figure is different from the retail release which actually has better torso and face print and a better hair choice. Hopefully when Spiderwoman and Phoenix release in a set they have dual molded/printed legs, updated faces and potentially different but accurate and useful hair choices. I want Spiderwoman so bad but recent comments about fake sellers online has me hesitant to order an SDCC figure. So hopefully Lego hears this and releases them. I’d say Bizarro/Phoenix/Spiderwoman are all popular enough to get retail releases. Gotta say I’m a little stumped this cmf series is Disney + based bc I was hoping one or both of those figures would release in this series. 

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

One can dream. Shazams SDCC figure is different from the retail release which actually has better torso and face print and a better hair choice. Hopefully when Spiderwoman and Phoenix release in a set they have dual molded/printed legs, updated faces and potentially different but accurate and useful hair choices. I want Spiderwoman so bad but recent comments about fake sellers online has me hesitant to order an SDCC figure. So hopefully Lego hears this and releases them. I’d say Bizarro/Phoenix/Spiderwoman are all popular enough to get retail releases. Gotta say I’m a little stumped this cmf series is Disney + based bc I was hoping one or both of those figures would release in this series. 

I question if we'll get a phoenix minifigure anytime soon. The opportune time would have been around the release of Dark Phoenix, but LEGO doesn't seem quick to want to release X-men based sets. I suppose the past sets did badly enough...

13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I question if we'll get a phoenix minifigure anytime soon. The opportune time would have been around the release of Dark Phoenix, but LEGO doesn't seem quick to want to release X-men based sets. I suppose the past sets did badly enough...

I could see a MCU Phoenix minifig coming when Disney/Feige decides to do that story (IF they decide to do that story). I imagine it'd be similar to Shazam where we got the movie version in sets and the comic version from Comic Con. Same goes for Spider-Woman. There's been rumors of Daisy Ridley in the title role but that was only because she recently costarred with Tom Holland in Chaos Walking and news media outlets need to hit their daily clicks number. It's only a matter of time before we get a Spider-Woman movie, though.

34 minutes ago, Borex said:

Symbiote spiderman isn’t a game outfit. That is a comic outfit. A pretty important one, and spider-woman is also not really an obscure superhero

Which is why I said ‚most‘ :wink: And obscurity is hard to measure of course. Plus it can fluctuate quickly, one well-placed scene in a film, series or game can be enough to elevate a character significantly

Anyone thought of the possibility that maybe we’ll get a comic accurate Shocker in the Bugle? He’s been in the sinister six and is a figure we haven’t gotten before that wouldn’t really require any new moulds 

3 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Anyone thought of the possibility that maybe we’ll get a comic accurate Shocker in the Bugle? He’s been in the sinister six and is a figure we haven’t gotten before that wouldn’t really require any new moulds 

I could kinda see that happening, honestly. 

I mean, who all do have we have as confirmed present/absent members of the six in this set? 

Confirmed: Goblin, Mysterio, ? 
Confirmed Absent: Scorpion, Electro

I think Doc-Ock is a pretty obvious inclusion, but that still leaves such villains as Kraven, Shocker, Rhino, Vulture, etc. as possibilities for the set.

9 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I mean, who all do have we have as confirmed present/absent members of the six in this set? 

I think Doc-Ock is a pretty obvious inclusion, but that still leaves such villains as Kraven, Shocker, Rhino, Vulture, etc. as possibilities for the set.

I want Kraven so bad. Hope it happens. I missed the bridge...

Based on the absolutely chock-full release schedule between cinematic releases and D+ up until 2023 (and definitely beyond), I can't imagine that we'll get anything X-Men until they join the MCU just by the sheer number of tie-ins Lego will have to produce (alongside the obligatory "Spider-Man And Also Venom Is Somehow Always There, Ooooh, That Darn Venom" sets). If it performs well as a franchise, then, and I think only then, could something like more classic/maybe-Fox-movie-inspired-but-not-really/90s' cartoon/comic X-Men stuff come out outside of SDCC/promotional things.

Symbiote Spidey is a weird one though; I'd think it's because Disney would wanna keep the Sony and MCU properties separate which it can't be considering they've been pumping out Venom and Spider-Verse/alternate Spider-Man variations. Maybe just not draw attention to that particular story since it would become a logistic nightmare of rights and continuity to solve if it proves popular and fans push for it on the big screen? Is it Lego that's holding out on it? Are they worried it would muddy the line between hero and villain if Spidey suddenly shows up looking like his incredibly fun for all ages and marketabl- villanious arch-nemesis Venom? Are all these parties just waiting for the next big media to tie into where Spider-Man is seen with the symbiote on (Venom 3: Into the Venom-Verse; half live-action, half animated :laugh_hard: Unless...) for maximum profit? Who even knows why anyone do the things they do?

Thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk/secret "Venom 3" pitch meeting.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Are we sure that the Daily Bugle is only going to have 14 minifigures? Or is there still a chance for more? 

I believe the initial rumours were at least 14, so there could well be more. Wouldn't be mad if they gave us a few civilian side characters (other than the confirmed Peter and JJJ) if we had at least 10 heroes/villains

31 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Lizard is confirmed as absent, and probably Rhino too by confirmation of no big figs. Pretty sure Scorpion hasn't been confirmed as not appearing though

Can we please get more What If products? Given the number of characters we get, several CMF spots and a set are far from enough. 

1 hour ago, PavillionDweller said:

Based on the absolutely chock-full release schedule between cinematic releases and D+ up until 2023 (and definitely beyond), I can't imagine that we'll get anything X-Men until they join the MCU just by the sheer number of tie-ins Lego will have to produce (alongside the obligatory "Spider-Man And Also Venom Is Somehow Always There, Ooooh, That Darn Venom" sets). If it performs well as a franchise, then, and I think only then, could something like more classic/maybe-Fox-movie-inspired-but-not-really/90s' cartoon/comic X-Men stuff come out outside of SDCC/promotional things.

This just hurts to read. Its reasonable, we have so many MCU properties on the way that we have no time for comic sets and when we do get comic sets Spidey/Venom dominate what we get. But ever since I caught wind of this theme I had dreams of 90s X-Men figures joining my collection and its just so unfortunate to think that may never come to fruition. If Marvel gets a second CMF series I hope they 1. Includes more than 12 figures regardless if Series 1Marvel has 12 or more, and 2. We finally get some comic designs.

MCU fans are a plenty and many people are happy with our current set distribution but I would really love for Lego to do a little more for the comic fans. We usually get comic sets every year but recently lego has began a trend towards only giving Spidey comic sets but there’s so much ground to cover! Comic guardians, X-Men, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Vision remain to be made. And each (besides Vision I guess) have several costumes I’d like to see them in. Not only do I hope Lego begins a trend towards normalizing leg/arm printing in MCU sets as well as Marvel sets in general, but I’d also like to see them diversify our comic sets. MCU sets cover a lot of ground successfully, I’d like to see comic sets based on more than just Spidey. I’d say Gamora, Rocket and Wanda are household names and can all carry successful sets in their comic designs. 

lastly how is no one talking about the potential for a new Mary Jane? She’s a reporter at the Daily Bugle! I’d like to see some other generic reporters as well, for some reason I feel like Eddie Brock will show up as well. If Thor gets a new hair mould this legacy wave I’d like to see it in red for MJW. 

45 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I believe the initial rumours were at least 14, so there could well be more. Wouldn't be mad if they gave us a few civilian side characters (other than the confirmed Peter and JJJ) if we had at least 10 heroes/villains

'14+' was stated by Bohner - generally we're working off 14 figures until we get confirmation of how many more (if we are getting more).

14 seems about right given the characters we have confirmed and teased:
Yep 9 Confirmed out of '14': Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?), No Big Figs included

Generally we're expecting three/four more villains which would take us up to around 12/13 figures, then presumably we'll get another civilian figure or two to round out the set and provide some casual 'life at the Daily Bugle' scenes with.

46 minutes ago, hvader said:

Can we please get more What If products? Given the number of characters we get, several CMF spots and a set are far from enough. 

They probably don't want to take the leap fully with the first year, which is why we get a CMF series and the set is a mech build that is Iron Man inspired with presumably a Captain America style figure. Next year we'll probably wind up getting a set for She-Hulk though I am guessing late 2022/2023 when we have Iron Heart and Armor Wars is when they'll lean into sets more, at that point we can just get a bunch of mechs and probably a CMF Iron Man series to capitalise on that.

Just now, cosmic said:

lastly how is no one talking about the potential for a new Mary Jane? She’s a reporter at the Daily Bugle! I’d like to see some other generic reporters as well, for some reason I feel like Eddie Brock will show up as well. If Thor gets a new hair mould this legacy wave I’d like to see it in red for MJW. 

Mentioned it prior, we still don't really have a good comic version of her and most her figures have aged poorly. The most recent is based on a different comic series.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Next year we'll probably wind up getting a set for She-Hulk

Abomination please

Aside from "What If?" poster that recently broke out in the internet, there's bunch of merchandise including cap and shirt circling around over IG. 

Besides the well known, Zombie Cap, Star Panther, Captain Carter.. the version of Thor is "Party Thor" would it be like a Tony Stark malibu party goer situation? 

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Besides the well known, Zombie Cap, Star Panther, Captain Carter.. the version of Thor is "Party Thor" would it be like a Tony Stark malibu party goer situation? 

I heard someone suggest it could be "What If Thor landed in Las Vegas instead of New Mexico?" and I very much like that idea.

27 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

I heard someone suggest it could be "What If Thor landed in Las Vegas instead of New Mexico?" and I very much like that idea.

Hahaha that some weird a** storyline but yeah I'll take it. Nothing has been changed in his costume so it's just another Thor. Won't be bothered to not get him in the CMF. 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

14 seems about right given the characters we have confirmed and teased:
Yep 9 Confirmed out of '14': Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?), No Big Figs included

I know they aren't really Sinister 6 members but I really want a Paste Pot Pete and Stilt-Man.

In seriousness. Isn't there a new Thanos Bigfig mould without the helmet? Maybe Kingpin wouldn't be too far off like FalconFan suggested

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMkwp_xJEk0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link