Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Thril5515 said:

Any benatar leaks since the mantis minifig? Out if the upcoming wave in most excited for that

Other than Rocket and Mantis, that should be it. Nothing new so far.

Don't get me wrong I would much prefer sets over cmf series. For this year however I'm just glad they gave us the figures.

Guess we are in the calm before the storm :tongue: Once we get past the middle of the month hopefully things will pick up.

18 hours ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Ok, I'm trying to fill out my avengers contest of champions display, and what are some of the best figures to get/custom figures to make? I already have iron man, spiderman, cap, the usuals. I just need a wanda, black widow, war machine, bucky, wong, rocket, ant-man, and doctor strange, and wasp so any suggestions?

• Wanda: Wait for the CMF series, her crown is generally the most iconic part of her character and her new design is going to be used in Doctor Strange 2. Once we see how well the CMF does it, the Civil War version might provide an alternative Torso/Face print if needed. Original still works fine for casual Wanda.
  • Black Widow: Get SH637 for the arm printing and then it's your choice of which Black Widow torso, face, hair and legs you like from the other versions if you desire
  • War Machine: Mark 4 is the only one with full printing, but is expensive to get, depends which version of the figure you like :shrug_oh_well:
  • Bucky: Pick-up the Winter Soldier polybag for his lower mask face + 'Star Arm' but also wait for the CMF series
  • Wong: You might want to wait for Doctor Strange 2, currently his only figure is in the same pack as the Mark 4 War Machine...
  • Rocket: Personally I still find the Rocket Racoon polybag from GotG1 to be the best version of the character, the printed arms can also be used for other GotG1 Guardians such as Starlord or Gamora
  • Ant-Man: Movie 1 has a slightly more techy look, Movie 2 has more red. If you are not a fan of the helmet you have an alternative with the Endgame version. Generally the torso and leg prints are fine, but you'll struggle to find a good helmet.
  • Doctor Strange: Infinity War version fixes some detailing on the Eye Of Agamotto and gives a slightly more accurate face and hair for the MCU version of the character. Give him Yellow hands to replicate the gloves he had in Thor Ragnarok if you desire.
  • Wasp: This one is tricky, refer to this video for ideas. Generally Torso from the official set, Legs from Ayesha and Wings from the small Parademons.
13 hours ago, hvader said:

Jeremy Renner teased more Ronin in the Hawkeye series... Ronin for D+ CMF wave 2 please

Seems likely they would hold off on Ronin until a potential Hawkeye CMF figure or set.

4 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I think this is a one-time special case, which probably got "fast-tracked" due to COVID pushing back the shows' releases, and from next year we should probably get more D+ sets and perhaps the next marvel CMF could be general MCU or comic-based.

I'd rather not get sets for most the Disney+ shows honestly - nothing other than the characters has really been consistent enough to warrant a set - and most of the time they get a brand new outfit in the final episode so it means most sets would generally have to be based on the last episode of the series which limits what they could include.

I feel a set might happen with some of the Disney+ shows - but it does not need to be every Disney+ show. A lot would simply work better as CMF series.

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Guess we are in the calm before the storm :tongue: Once we get past the middle of the month hopefully things will pick up.

• Wanda: Wait for the CMF series, her crown is generally the most iconic part of her character and her new design is going to be used in Doctor Strange 2. Once we see how well the CMF does it, the Civil War version might provide an alternative Torso/Face print if needed. Original still works fine for casual Wanda.
  • Black Widow: Get SH637 for the arm printing and then it's your choice of which Black Widow torso, face, hair and legs you like from the other versions if you desire
  • War Machine: Mark 4 is the only one with full printing, but is expensive to get, depends which version of the figure you like :shrug_oh_well:
  • Bucky: Pick-up the Winter Soldier polybag for his lower mask face + 'Star Arm' but also wait for the CMF series
  • Wong: You might want to wait for Doctor Strange 2, currently his only figure is in the same pack as the Mark 4 War Machine...
  • Rocket: Personally I still find the Rocket Racoon polybag from GotG1 to be the best version of the character, the printed arms can also be used for other GotG1 Guardians such as Starlord or Gamora
  • Ant-Man: Movie 1 has a slightly more techy look, Movie 2 has more red. If you are not a fan of the helmet you have an alternative with the Endgame version. Generally the torso and leg prints are fine, but you'll struggle to find a good helmet.
  • Doctor Strange: Infinity War version fixes some detailing on the Eye Of Agamotto and gives a slightly more accurate face and hair for the MCU version of the character. Give him Yellow hands to replicate the gloves he had in Thor Ragnarok if you desire.
  • Wasp: This one is tricky, refer to this video for ideas. Generally Torso from the official set, Legs from Ayesha and Wings from the small Parademons.

Seems likely they would hold off on Ronin until a potential Hawkeye CMF figure or set.

I'd rather not get sets for most the Disney+ shows honestly - nothing other than the characters has really been consistent enough to warrant a set - and most of the time they get a brand new outfit in the final episode so it means most sets would generally have to be based on the last episode of the series which limits what they could include.

I feel a set might happen with some of the Disney+ shows - but it does not need to be every Disney+ show. A lot would simply work better as CMF series.

Thanks man, I'm getting cmf wanda and bucky, the benetar for rocket, waiting for DSATMOM for Doctor Strange and Wong. I'll bricklink War machine and ant-man and wasp isn't a priority. I can also cross off black widow now because I order the battle at avengers tower.

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Other than Rocket and Mantis, that should be it. Nothing new so far.

Anyone have a picture of rocket? Also should we expect more of a display model or a playset type set?

4 minutes ago, Thril5515 said:

Anyone have a picture of rocket? Also should we expect more of a display model or a playset type set?

It is apparently a playset but big enough to have a UCS styled “display”. Which hints at it being display worthy

39 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Do we know when the Daily Bugle is coming out ?

Brick Clicker just made a video saying it’s scheduled for a June 1st release with it being available for VIPs in mid May. Can anyone else confirm this?

Here's Rocket, he should also have the scarf price in dark red

Edited by Clone OPatra
Images of leaks not allowed

4 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Here's Rocket

You should probably remove this, posting leaked pictures is against the guidelines of the forum :wink:

50 minutes ago, Thril5515 said:

I don't think anyone has ever stated what it will be. All we know is that it'll have a UCS-like stand but that doesn't really tell us wether we should expect a display or playset.

Edited by Guyon2002

52 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Brick Clicker just made a video saying it’s scheduled for a June 1st release with it being available for VIPs in mid May. Can anyone else confirm this?

Like I said in the vid that's the rumour so of course may not be the case but it's looking like it will be around then :laugh:

1 hour ago, Bricknee said:

I hope it's not one of those sets that they reveal on the day of release. I like to make plans to buy stuff.

8 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

I hope it's not one of those sets that they reveal on the day of release. I like to make plans to buy stuff.

Even if they do decide to reveal it on the day of release there's a very strong chance it will leak before then. LEGO sucks at keeping things secret :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

FalconFan suggests T’challa-Starlord in the cmf?  bad choice 😔

I disagree, because that would mean we’d finally get an unmasked T’Challa :excited:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I disagree, because that would mean we’d finally get an unmasked T’Challa :excited:

I would have liked her on Black Panther, but this character just doesn't interest me.  I hope to change my mind after watching the show

16 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

If that’s the case, then my guess is that Uatu The Watcher and Captain Peggy will also be representing the What If series for the CMF.

3 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

If that’s the case, then my guess is that Uatu The Watcher and Captain Peggy will also be representing the What If series for the CMF.

Peggy is in the set.  Maybe they are the only two characters in the image we get. In this case no Uatu, which would be a shame

Edited by Legocentrico

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Peggy is in the set.  

That doesn't necessarily rule her out though. Remember black/white Mickey and Minnie?

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That doesn't necessarily rule her out though. Remember black/white Mickey and Minnie?

Yes, but in cmf we have (potentially) only 3 slots for "what if".  It would be so strange to recycle the protagonist of the one set... And it's not even Ironman 😆

Do we know that the cmf has an even distribution of characters across shows or not? What If is getting a set dedicated to it so I feel like it could have less characters and the Loki series doesn’t seem to have many prominent characters from what we have seen so far.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Your point is valid, but it still wouldn't make much sense. Theres 9 other episodes to choose from, so if Peggy is covered, that means someone else should get the spot. We'd all riot if they gave us Peggy instead of T'Challa in the CMF

1 minute ago, Thwip said:

Do we know that the cmf has an even distribution of characters across shows or not? What If is getting a set dedicated to it so I feel like it could have less characters and the Loki series doesn’t seem to have many prominent characters from what we have seen so far.

What If has 10 episodes based on very different stories, so there'd be much more to cover than the Peggy episode, I could see maybe 1 or 2 from Loki, depending on who'd be desirable

Sorry :/ I didn't know leaks weren't allowed. I thought each forum had the same rules, guess I was wrong. I'm new to this one, but I guess I should've read the rules 

22 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Sorry :/ I didn't know leaks weren't allowed. I thought each forum had the same rules, guess I was wrong. I'm new to this one, but I guess I should've read the rules 

Everyone makes mistakes. Nervous about doing that myself when I source things... Best to just avoid linking or posting images of new stuff to avoid that. Talking about them is fine though :)

3 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Do we know when the Daily Bugle is coming out ?

Sources originally said April/May... with Bohner (and I think Lego_Fulcrum) eventually saying 'May' at a slightly later date. I'm sticking with May, probably mid/late May.

That way Star Wars reveals on May 4th, Marvel D2C revealed mid/late May with a VIP release then we get the MCU Endgame/Legacy sets releasing on June 1st. Daily Bugle could be June 1st as rumored, but if so it'd make more sense to get a reveal/VIP release in late May to avoid overshadowing the other new Marvel sets.

49 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While this is true, I'd prefer them not to take up a CMF slot with Peggy Carter if we are already getting her in a seperate set.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Not the biggest fan of T'Challa as Starlord in terms of design, feels very basic. I feel Howard The Duck and The Watcher would be better more unique choices for CMF figures in 'What If' - though admittedly not seen much of what 'What If' has to offer in terms of characters.

Though I suppose it might allow for a more accurate T'Challa figure for those wanting a casual version of the character :shrug_oh_well: