Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly I think the remaining villain figures in the Bugle are just going to be some combination of the regulars. As in, Doc Ock, Carnage, Vulture and Sandman.

1 hour ago, Bricknee said:

Honestly I think the remaining villain figures in the Bugle are just going to be some combination of the regulars. As in, Doc Ock, Carnage, Vulture and Sandman.

That would mean only daredevil, punisher and Black Cat are new characters. With 14 maybe 15 or hopefully even 16 characters 3 being new and 11-13 being repeats is not fun to think about. I think they can and should have filled in more villain slots. With Daredevil here I wouldn’t mind seeing Bullseye or Kingpin. Honestly hope Elektra gets squeezed in too even if they don’t give her a new mould and just print a red cap on  piece 17346. If we get another Mary Jane why not give her a new hair piece? We need more red hair pieces imo. If Thor gets a hairpiece that accurately resembles his beautiful endgame hair we could get that in red for MJW. Aunt May has also never really gotten an exciting figure and she’s had many depictions over the years I’d like to see other than generic old woman we keep getting from Lego. I feel like Lizard has been confirmed not to show up but Shocker and Bullseye are easy to do with no new moulds so why not? It’d be so lame if this set only got 3 new characters

fingers crossed for Electro and Mysterio with leg printing

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

That would mean only daredevil, punisher and Black Cat are new characters. With 14 maybe 15 or hopefully even 16 characters 3 being new and 11-13 being repeats is not fun to think about. I think they can and should have filled in more villain slots. With Daredevil here I wouldn’t mind seeing Bullseye or Kingpin. Honestly hope Elektra gets squeezed in too even if they don’t give her a new mould and just print a red cap on  piece 17346. If we get another Mary Jane why not give her a new hair piece? We need more red hair pieces imo. If Thor gets a hairpiece that accurately resembles his beautiful endgame hair we could get that in red for MJW. Aunt May has also never really gotten an exciting figure and she’s had many depictions over the years I’d like to see other than generic old woman we keep getting from Lego. I feel like Lizard has been confirmed not to show up but Shocker and Bullseye are easy to do with no new moulds so why not? It’d be so lame if this set only got 3 new characters

- Electro has already been confirmed not to appear in the Bugle.

- Peter Parker and JJJ minifigures in the set may be new as well.

- Actual Bugle employees like Betty Brant, Robbie Robertson and Eddie Brock would make sense for the remaining figures.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I definitely agree that Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra would be missed opportunities to not include, as this is probably their only real opportunity to show up in LEGO form unless we get more sets with Daredevil in the future.  Kingpin could reuse the Hagrid body mold, Bullseye doesn't need any special parts and can use the same black and white dual molded legs that will be included with Black Cat and presumably Punisher, and Elektra could just reuse the Pirate Princess hairpiece (piece 11254pb02).

1 hour ago, Bricknee said:

- Electro has already been confirmed not to appear in the Bugle.

- Peter Parker and JJJ minifigures in the set may be new as well.

- Actual Bugle employees like Betty Brant, Robbie Robertson and Eddie Brock would make sense for the remaining figures.

Well that’s a bummer for Electro but one day we’ll see him for sure. I expect Peter to be new and JJJ’s face from 2013 to works fine for me but a new suit would be nice to get. And you’re right, how could I forget how essential reporters would be for this set! I was actually thinking about how I’d like to see more civilian figures in general in superhero sets and a setting like this is perfect for that.

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I definitely agree that Kingpin, Bullseye and Elektra would be missed opportunities to not include, as this is probably their only real opportunity to show up in LEGO form unless we get more sets with Daredevil in the future.  Kingpin could reuse the Hagrid body mold, Bullseye doesn't need any special parts and can use the same black and white dual molded legs that will be included with Black Cat and presumably Punisher, and Elektra could just reuse the Pirate Princess hairpiece (piece 11254pb02).

Well response to the Daredevil fig seems strong so maybe when Lego has a wave that isn’t during an MCU release (which I don’t expect very much of because between Disney Plus shows and new movies MCU has a lot coming up) maybe they will then take the opportunity to make a Daredevil set and include Kingpin/Elektra/Bullseye assuming they don’t come in the Bugle.

I wish Lego made a standard big fig torso mould but just the torso so the arms and legs are separate so we can get creative between brick building arms and legs vs using specialized arm/leg pieces (big fig arm pieces already exist separate legs would be the only other new thing to introduce). This could be a good base for all big figs I wish they did this over the standard big fig body which still has fixed legs. Anyways not sure Hagrids body would be able to be repurposed for Kingpin but I agree he’s between a big fig and a minifig size and getting that midsized build is a little hard for lego right now but when they master that silhouette it will work well for Bane over at DC.

Disagree Elektra has straight hair that thick curly hair piece S9 Fortune Teller piece is inaccurate to her slick and often thin hair. The piece I mentioned in my post is the closest and I’d rather they print her cap on that over giving her inaccurate curly thick hair.

Edited by cosmic

23 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Well response to the Daredevil fig seems strong so maybe when Lego has a wave that isn’t during an MCU release (which I don’t expect very much of because between Disney Plus shows and new movies MCU has a lot coming up) maybe they will then take the opportunity to make a Daredevil set and include Kingpin/Elektra/Bullseye assuming they don’t come in the Bugle.

I wish Lego maybe a standard big fig torso mould but just the torso so the arms and legs are separate so we can get creative between brick building arms and legs vs using specialized arm/leg pieces (big fig arm pieces already exist separate legs would be the only other new thing to introduce). This could be a good base for all big figs I wish they did this over the standard big fig body which still has fixed legs. Anyways not sure Hagrids body would be able to be repurposed for Kingpin but I agree he’s between a big fig and a minifig size and getting that midsized build is a little hard for lego right now but when they master that silhouette it will work well for Bane over at DC.

Disagree Elektra has straight hair that thick curly hair piece S9 Fortune Teller piece is inaccurate to her slick and often thin hair. The piece I mentioned in my post is the closest and I’d rather they print her cap on that over giving her inaccurate curly thick hair.

My main concern is that unless Daredevil starts prominently featuring in PG-13 MCU installments/shows, the mature nature of his Netflix series could make LEGO only be willing to include him (and other characters associated with him) in 18+ sets like the Daily Bugle.

I'm still disappointed that the large torso piece used by Mr. Incredible in the LEGO Incredibles video game doesn't exist as an actual part, because it would be really useful for larger characters that don't need to be bigfigs.

Ideally, Elektra should probably just get a new hairpiece similar to what she got in the video games. I'm not sure how a printed cap would look, and as you mention, part 11254pb02 wouldn't get her usual hair design quite right despite the molded cap looking very close.  I think Elektra has been drawn with thicker curly hair, but it was shortlived, and I don't believe she really wore the cap during that time either.

43 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

My main concern is that unless Daredevil starts prominently featuring in PG-13 MCU installments/shows, the mature nature of his Netflix series could make LEGO only be willing to include him (and other characters associated with him) in 18+ sets like the Daily Bugle.

We have some remarks that Matt Murdock played by Charlie Cox (but potentially not playing the Netflix version of the character) might show up in Spider-man: NWH. If so, could allow them to do more Daredevil associated figures in future. Chances are that it's a mixture of the piece count/price/building techniques and potentially the inclusion of Punisher that has pushed that set to be an 18+ :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Scarilian

20 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay this is like oddly specific and I'm sure the only one who's gonna to see it this way, but here we go: The way the abdomen part is detailed (with the two "sides" of it being painted as if they had more depth) makes me see it as if he's extremely slender? Like I know that's  not the case but I can't unsee it hahah.

Oh I was just kidding with that one, sorry m8

Lol that's more of a personal nitpick than a figure issue and that's something that could've been fixed if the figure had arm printing 

19 hours ago, Borex said:

I like my Lizard being a minifig, but i would also be happy with him being like Leatherhead. 

A good set they could make is a lab (lego loves making labs) with curt with a green hand (i like the way you think pgbqw), a changing system to become lizard, man-spider and morbius. I think everybody would love that. 

Lizard has been inconsistent in his comic and media appearances. In the early Dikto comics he basically was basically no taller than the average human, in modern media he's sorta portrayed as a beast and the only way to capture that detail well in LEGO would be to make him a mid-figure(Like Mr Incredible and Leatherhead), a minifigure Lizard can only work if it's strictly based on Ditko Lizard 

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'd be down to get War Machine MK 1 but we badly need Iron Patriot V2, I personally want that Endgame suit, colors are so freaking cool. When we don't know the info about CMF being Disney+ I was hoping we could get him in CMF because that's the only way for him to have justice, arm printing and new molds.

I'd take that rather than nothing, if you are curious on what it would look like. Here:

Iron Man (Mark 85)Captain America (Nomad)

Might as well throw my Infinity War cap in here. Those arms came from bootleg minifigures (which is relatively cheap) but makes the figures so much better. 

Legs for Captain is Newt Scamder printing removed back when PAB dual molded legs isn't a thing yet.

CW wings with different printing, most recent figures from CMF has some crazy inclusion of accesories, dolphin, surfboard even centaur so I think it's possible.

I kinda wish Armor Wars was a 2021 show. That was the only chance of getting MCU Iron Patriot but we'll have to wait 

And your arms look great, I could see LEGO doing this if they opt for no printing 

10 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm still disappointed that the large torso piece used by Mr. Incredible in the LEGO Incredibles video game doesn't exist as an actual part, because it would be really useful for larger characters that don't need to be bigfigs.

Ideally, Elektra should probably just get a new hairpiece similar to what she got in the video games. I'm not sure how a printed cap would look, and as you mention, part 11254pb02 wouldn't get her usual hair design quite right despite the molded cap looking very close.  I think Elektra has been drawn with thicker curly hair, but it was shortlived, and I don't believe she really wore the cap during that time either.

The Mr Incredible Torso piece doesn't exist??? I thought it did. Like you've said that piece works great for characters who aren't exactly big figures but aren't regular minifigures either. 

As for Elektra, I think her LMSH 1 design would work well with some torso alterations 

6 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Lizard has been inconsistent in his comic and media appearances. In the early Dikto comics he basically was basically no taller than the average human, in modern media he's sorta portrayed as a beast and the only way to capture that detail well in LEGO would be to make him a mid-figure(Like Mr Incredible and Leatherhead), a minifigure Lizard can only work if it's strictly based on Ditko Lizard 

I kinda wish Armor Wars was a 2021 show. That was the only chance of getting MCU Iron Patriot but we'll have to wait 

And your arms look great, I could see LEGO doing this if they opt for no printing 

Would love to see a Lizard figure with Gremlins legs. Lab coat design in torso and tattered pants. Either Chima styled head or new mold. But yeah, not happening anytime soon. 

I'm still holding in to my hopes that there are still Infinity Saga sets incoming to fulfill the needed characters, Ronin, Black Widow, Valkyrie, Professor Hulk and Iron Patriot V2.

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

We have some remarks that Matt Murdock played by Charlie Cox (but potentially not playing the Netflix version of the character) might show up in Spider-man: NWH. If so, could allow them to do more Daredevil associated figures in future. Chances are that it's a mixture of the piece count/price/building techniques and potentially the inclusion of Punisher that has pushed that set to be an 18+ :shrug_oh_well:

Well it's not really been confirmed. The only news that have been officially confirmed is Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx returning as Doc Ock and Electro respectively as well as Dr Strange playing a role in the plot. THR and Variety backed up those. Every other report like past movie Spider-Men, Cox Daredevil is just rumours 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Would love to see a Lizard figure with Gremlins legs. Lab coat design in torso and tattered pants. Either Chima styled head or new mold. But yeah, not happening anytime soon. 

I'm still holding in to my hopes that there are still Infinity Saga sets incoming to fulfill the needed characters, Ronin, Black Widow, Valkyrie, Professor Hulk and Iron Patriot V2.

Ronin, Banner Hulk(Can't call him Professor Hulk since he's just Banner in control) and Iron Patriot seen more likely 

Black Widow didn't really play any major role outside of the first two acts and when she died and Valkryie could appear in a Thor 4 set. As for Hulk I was disappointed that the version we got was the Quantum suit version 

There were rumours of the Hawkeye TV show having flashbacks to Clint's time as Ronin so maybe if LEGO ever decided to do a set for that show Ronin could appear 

11 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

1. Lego has made figures of Deadpool and Joker who both arguably have darker histories than Daredevil. He shouldn’t be “too dark” for the theme especially as its just a waiting game before he enters the MCU. Once a character is used in the MCU they’re safe bets for figure releases. 

2. just had to look that up and wow. His torso piece works perfect for so many characters. That would be what i was thinking for the silhouette of characters like Kingpin and Bane. Great idea they should produce that someday.

3. I’m tired of lego using pieces that are “close enough” to how someones hair is depicted also I wouldn’t be a fan of the S9 Fortune Teller Piece and they have up to this point never printed over the circumference of the head of a hairpiece such as the straight bangs I suggested before. So who knows if they can print her cap. That said Lego is way too lazy when it comes to figure accuracy for this theme and I don’t like the standard they’ve set.

Looking at the figure leaks from this year proves my point. Rocket is the wrong color, Black Panther and Shuri need leg printing, Shuri’s hairpiece is incorrect and they printed no braid, Black Cat is alright and Iron Man needs arm printing. Maybe someday.

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

1. Lego has made figures of Deadpool and Joker who both arguably have darker histories than Daredevil. He shouldn’t be “too dark” for the theme especially as its just a waiting game before he enters the MCU. Once a character is used in the MCU they’re safe bets for figure releases. 

2. just had to look that up and wow. His torso piece works perfect for so many characters. That would be what i was thinking for the silhouette of characters like Kingpin and Bane. Great idea they should produce that someday.

3. I’m tired of lego using pieces that are “close enough” to how someones hair is depicted also I wouldn’t be a fan of the S9 Fortune Teller Piece and they have up to this point never printed over the circumference of the head of a hairpiece such as the straight bangs I suggested before. So who knows if they can print her cap. That said Lego is way too lazy when it comes to figure accuracy for this theme and I don’t like the standard they’ve set.

Looking at the figure leaks from this year proves my point. Rocket is the wrong color, Black Panther and Shuri need leg printing, Shuri’s hairpiece is incorrect and they printed no braid, Black Cat is alright and Iron Man needs arm printing. Maybe someday.

You raise a good point about Deadpool and Joker.  I had assumed that Deadpool got a figure because it was released years before the Deadpool movie came out and established him as an R-rated character.  Since then, we've gotten Deadpool minifigures as SDCC exclusives but that's about it, but then again, LEGO hasn't done much of anything with X-Men related characters recently.  Joker is a weird case, because he's had a lot of different portrayals, and LEGO has done both lighter versions such as the 1966 version, and also darker portrayals such as the Dark Knight version (though that version has only been in a D2C set so far).  Joker has also had CMF figures clearly based on his outfits from The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke, which would be dark enough choices, but their included accessories are even darker with the context of the original stories.  Hopefully the rumors of Charlie Cox playing Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home turn out to be true, as that would definitely increase the chances of getting something more with the character from LEGO.

I do think there's a chance at least one new mold could be introduced in the Daily Bugle, as it wouldn't be the first time a D2C introduced a new part.  I do hope any other new characters in the Bugle will be detailed to a satisfying degree.  Punisher has been hinted to have dual molded legs (the same as on Black Cat), so that's a plus.  Hopefully Daredevil will have leg printing like the LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 version it's been compared to.

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Lol that's more of a personal nitpick than a figure issue and that's something that could've been fixed if the figure had arm printing 

Yes I already said it was oddly specific. And I don't see how arm printing has nothing to do with what I just said?

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Well, to be fair, the Joker is very pouplar (is that the word here?) amongst kids, and we've only got one actual Deadpool figure (but his main target are 14year olds anyway), not counting the SDCC ones. My point being that I don't know how popular Daredevil is amongst kids. But then again, maybe I'm wrong and he actually is.

Not that it matters since it seems we're stuck with Venomised Mechs for a while.

Charlie Cox was confirmed as Matt Murdock in NWH last year. It was a major thing on a Marvel fan FB page I follow. It's unlikely he'll be suiting up, but a courtroom scene is probably a given.

I always said the best way to weave FF, and Netflix Marvel, into the MCU was to have Reed Richards sue Stark Industries for the patent rights and profit share of the Quinjet (and it's cloaking technology). AOS had the Quinjet printed with the Stark industries logo, so it stands to reason that Reed worked for Stark for a time (probably while Obadiah Stane was still a "trusted friend"). Foggy Nelson should be the lawyer, and for an added bit of layering have Hank Pym in the scene saying how he warned Reed not to work for Stark. Winning such a suit would be how Reed funds his space exploration company (think Elon Musk). This would all be best as a post credits scene in the next Ant-Man movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Lego:

For Kingpin to be done right an oversized torso, and possibly something to increase his leg length, is a must. According to the Marvel website's character list, he is 6'7" and 450 lbs. Nowhere near bigfig size.

For The Lizard, Lego could use a head part similar to a couple of the Ninjago snake villains, with the CMF Faun legs appropriately printed.

Ok, I'm trying to fill out my avengers contest of champions display, and what are some of the best figures to get/custom figures to make? I already have iron man, spiderman, cap, the usuals. I just need a wanda, black widow, war machine, bucky, wong, rocket, ant-man, and doctor strange, and wasp so any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

Ok, I'm trying to fill out my avengers contest of champions display, and what are some of the best figures to get/custom figures to make? I already have iron man, spiderman, cap, the usuals. I just need a wanda, black widow, war machine, bucky, wong, rocket, ant-man, and doctor strange, and wasp so any suggestions?

Wanda and Bucky at the least are likely to be in the CMF, so I’d hold out for them. There’s also going to be a new Rocket soon, and I forget the exact composition of the impending Endgame Final Battle set’s minifigures but I’m pretty sure Rocket’s among them. If you can find the Ant-Man set from a couple of years ago, I’ve combined the suit from that set with the helmet from the War Machine Buster. Customs might be better for Wasp though, she was . . mediocre. War Machine’s tricky, the version in the Helicarrier is cool but I’m not sure how accurate it’ll be to Contest of Champions and that’s an expensive set.

49 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Wanda and Bucky at the least are likely to be in the CMF, so I’d hold out for them. There’s also going to be a new Rocket soon, and I forget the exact composition of the impending Endgame Final Battle set’s minifigures but I’m pretty sure Rocket’s among them. If you can find the Ant-Man set from a couple of years ago, I’ve combined the suit from that set with the helmet from the War Machine Buster. Customs might be better for Wasp though, she was . . mediocre. War Machine’s tricky, the version in the Helicarrier is cool but I’m not sure how accurate it’ll be to Contest of Champions and that’s an expensive set.

I call it contest of champions due to the different versions of the heroes it has, so I don't care what if they are 'accurate'. I have just all my marvel stuff up there so avengers assemble iron man, gladiator hulk and thor, and night monkey are all on the same contest of champions display. So I want the coolest/cheapest versions.

2 minutes ago, RaichuKing263 said:

I call it contest of champions due to the different versions of the heroes it has, so I don't care what if they are 'accurate'. I have just all my marvel stuff up there so avengers assemble iron man, gladiator hulk and thor, and night monkey are all on the same contest of champions display. So I want the coolest/cheapest versions.

I second that you should wait for the CMF for Wanda and Bucky.  For Black Widow, I'd recommend the one from last year with arm printing, the cheapest set it's found in being the Falcon and Black Widow Team Up pack for 14.99 (Though that's becoming more difficult to find, as its retiring soon).  The same figure is also in Avengers Tower and the Helicarrier.  If you're interested in the upcoming Endgame Rocket, it should be coming in the Benatar for $149.99.  Otherwise, I'd say the best one released so far is the polybag version with the dark red outfit.  The 2018 Ant-Man and Wasp from the Quantum Realm Explorers set aren't too tricky to find.  The War Machine from the Helicarrier is pretty good.  The version from the 2018 Infinity War Bricktober pack is better, but also more expensive.  However, that Bricktober pack is also the only way to get Wong, so if you're lucky enough to find a Bricktober pack for a price you are willing to pay, you can cross War Machine, Wong, and Bucky off your list at once and get an exclusive Tony Stark variant as well.  Both Doctor Strange figures that have been released are very similar, with the only differences being the hair pieces used, and the 2016 version having the collar attached to the cape, while the 2018 Infinity War version has the collar as a separate piece from the cape.

Why do I have a feeling this could be our face for Obadiah Stane?

Hahaha. God I hope we see the figure soon. I'm dying to know. 

53 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I second that you should wait for the CMF for Wanda and Bucky.  For Black Widow, I'd recommend the one from last year with arm printing, the cheapest set it's found in being the Falcon and Black Widow Team Up pack for 14.99 (Though that's becoming more difficult to find, as its retiring soon).  The same figure is also in Avengers Tower and the Helicarrier.  If you're interested in the upcoming Endgame Rocket, it should be coming in the Benatar for $149.99.  Otherwise, I'd say the best one released so far is the polybag version with the dark red outfit.  The 2018 Ant-Man and Wasp from the Quantum Realm Explorers set aren't too tricky to find.  The War Machine from the Helicarrier is pretty good.  The version from the 2018 Infinity War Bricktober pack is better, but also more expensive.  However, that Bricktober pack is also the only way to get Wong, so if you're lucky enough to find a Bricktober pack for a price you are willing to pay, you can cross War Machine, Wong, and Bucky off your list at once and get an exclusive Tony Stark variant as well.  Both Doctor Strange figures that have been released are very similar, with the only differences being the hair pieces used, and the 2016 version having the collar attached to the cape, while the 2018 Infinity War version has the collar as a separate piece from the cape.

I'm already buying both hall of armors and the avengers tower, so I can mark off black widow. I'm waiting for the cmf for the bucky and wanda. I'm buying the benetar, the final battle, and the dragon flier. I hope wong and doc strange come in a set for their movie later this year. That will leave just war machine and the bug dudes, so idk.

Edited by RaichuKing263
Mistake

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Why do I have a feeling this could be our face for Obadiah Stane?

Hahaha. God I hope we see the figure soon. I'm dying to know. 

His face can’t be double sided since he’s bald

Jeremy Renner teased more Ronin in the Hawkeye series... Ronin for D+ CMF wave 2 please

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

His face can’t be double sided since he’s bald

A long shot but they could just use one of his. Hahahaha. Damn I'm really curious to see that figure.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Jeremy Renner teased more Ronin in the Hawkeye series... Ronin for D+ CMF wave 2 please

Oof! Do we wait for CMF 2? Or the first Marvel CMF is just a test of waters? And they can go full set/s next year?

Any benatar leaks since the mantis minifig? Out if the upcoming wave in most excited for that

Unless it's a case of Disney once again paying its way to break Lego's rules/guidelines, I doubt we'll see a D+ CMF again so soon as next year - there's always been at least a 1 year break between licensed series (in the case of the disney one), and by the time we get a second one in 2023, I doubt they'll be able to cover all major characters of the upcoming 2021/2022 shows, but it also means they'll have to catch up with the 2022/2023/2024 shows if they do make a third one in 2025, and so on and on. Even worse so if they decide to make it general D+ and include characters from SW or any other shows/movies.

I think this is a one-time special case, which probably got "fast-tracked" due to COVID pushing back the shows' releases, and from next year we should probably get more D+ sets and perhaps the next marvel CMF could be general MCU or comic-based.