Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I wonder if Black Cat (if LEGO treats her as a villain), Venom and Green Goblin will be counted as members of the Sinister Six for the purposes of this set, despite not being members normally.  It's worth noting that Black Cat and Venom are a part of the Daily Bugle art piece collection that Falconfan is using in his stories. If the whole lineup is from that collection, I could see the lineup at this point being, Black Cat, Venom, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Doc Ock (as a prominent villain and most consistent member of the Six I'd be very surprised if he weren't included), and Scorpion (Haven't gotten him in a while, and has a prominent history with Jameson)          

Green Goblin confirmed. Tbh I’m a little disappointed. We got him, Doc Ock, Mysterio, and Venom this year already and the spot could have gone to new characters...

Edited by hvader

Just now, hvader said:

Green Goblin confirmed. Tbh I’m a little disappointed. We got him and Venom this year already and the spot could have gone to new characters...

But a set like this won’t have 14 new characters. Some will obviously be repeats 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

But a set like this won’t have 14 new characters. Some will obviously be repeats 

I am fine with the repeats personally because I don't have any of them yet, not even the basic 2021 variant of Spidey

2 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am fine with the repeats personally because I don't have any of them yet, not even the basic 2021 variant of Spidey

Okay, so about Spider-Man's suit in this.

I assume we either get a brand new suit, or we ge the same one we've been getting this year but with leg printing.

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Yup this is definitely one of the best LEGO Iron Man figures we've ever had with Silver Centurion still reigning. I hope we get a War Machine MK 1 from Ironman 2 and Iron Patriot from Endgame in the future 

Also it would be funny if we got the MK 85 and the only significant change is that the arms have dual colors with no prints on them:laugh:

I'd be down to get War Machine MK 1 but we badly need Iron Patriot V2, I personally want that Endgame suit, colors are so freaking cool. When we don't know the info about CMF being Disney+ I was hoping we could get him in CMF because that's the only way for him to have justice, arm printing and new molds.

I'd take that rather than nothing, if you are curious on what it would look like. Here:

Iron Man (Mark 85)Captain America (Nomad)

Might as well throw my Infinity War cap in here. Those arms came from bootleg minifigures (which is relatively cheap) but makes the figures so much better. 

Legs for Captain is Newt Scamder printing removed back when PAB dual molded legs isn't a thing yet.

24 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Man after this episode, I NEED a baron Zemo minifig is just a great character overall.

Really curious how's Lego gonna do Falcon's wings in a CMF fashion. Infinity War wings have too many pieces for a CMF bag no? And the civil war molded wings seems a bit old. What do you guys think?

CW wings with different printing, most recent figures from CMF has some crazy inclusion of accesories, dolphin, surfboard even centaur so I think it's possible.

Edited by SpiderJazz

10 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if Black Cat (if LEGO treats her as a villain), Venom and Green Goblin will be counted as members of the Sinister Six for the purposes of this set, despite not being members normally.  It's worth noting that Black Cat and Venom are a part of the Daily Bugle art piece collection that Falconfan is using in his stories. If the whole lineup is from that collection, I could see the lineup at this point being, Black Cat, Venom, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Doc Ock (as a prominent villain and most consistent member of the Six I'd be very surprised if he weren't included), and Scorpion (Haven't gotten him in a while, and has a prominent history with Jameson)          

That collection also has Bugle frontpages with Lizard, Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, Kraven and Scorpion

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

That collection also has Bugle frontpages with Lizard, Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, Kraven and Scorpion

Okay, did Falcon confirm we're not getting Lizard? Or did he just confirm we're not getting big figs? I'd rather having Lizard as a big fig, but I'd take him as a regular fig over no Lizard at all.

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, did Falcon confirm we're not getting Lizard? Or did he just confirm we're not getting big figs? I'd rather having Lizard as a big fig, but I'd take him as a regular fig over no Lizard at all.

I think he confirmed Lizard and Scorpion will not be in it

4 minutes ago, Borex said:

Falconfan already confirmed that Lizard won't be in the set, and he stated there will be no bigfig which probably rules out Rhino.  How many of the rest we get depends on if we're just getting six Spider-Man villains total, or if we're getting additional villains that won't be considered part of the Sinister Six.  Scorpion has the most relevance in a Daily Bugle set at least.

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Huh, that's weird. I mean, I wasnt actually expecting to get Lizard, but I'm surprised we're not getting Scorpion either.

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Falconfan already confirmed that Lizard won't be in the set, and he stated there will be no bigfig which probably rules out Rhino. 

Tbh, I'd rather not getting any Rhino than getting him as a brickbuilt mounstruosity.

4 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Wait, when did he say Scorpion wouldn't be in it?  I thought it was Lizard and Electro that he ruled out.

So far, for those keeping track:
Yep 9 Confirmed out of '14': Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?) 

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So far, for those keeping track:
Yep 9 Confirmed out of '14': Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?) 

Anyone has any theory on who the remaining figs could be? (Ignoring the remaining 3-4 villains to finish the SS Lineup, I mean).

7 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Anyone has any theory on who the remaining figs could be? (Ignoring the remaining 3-4 villains to finish the SS Lineup, I mean).

MJ and/or Gwen I would say, plus Aunt May. I’d be very surprised if more than one of those was missing :purrr: Maybe Eddie too, given his job, or was that part made up for Spider-man 3? :tongue:

22 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Wait, when did he say Scorpion wouldn't be in it?  I thought it was Lizard and Electro that he ruled out.

You’re right, it was Electro. My bad, don’t know why I though of Scorpion. So we might still get him

Most likely guesses regarding if they are new or recycled figures:

1. Peter Parker - New
  2. Spider-man - Re-use of the version from 76198
  3. J.J.Jameson - New
  4. Venom - Re-use of the version from 76175
  5. Daredevil - New
  6. Punisher - New
  7. Black Cat - New
  8. Mysterio - Re-use of the version from 76174
  9. Green Goblin - Re-use of the version from 76057
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?

I think the remaining Sinister Six would make the most sense to be recycled figures with maybe one of them being brand new. The mystery character/characters after the remaining three/four Sinister Six are also probably new :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

At the moment we have a lot of villains and quite a few heroes - so I'd lean towards us getting another civilian figure or two.

Robbie Robertson has some level of appeal and he's the editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle so makes sense to be include in the set. I'd be quite surprised if he does not show up, not sure how you'd have life in the Daily Bugle without supporting characters like him. Betty Brant also to a lesser extent.

Eddie Brock would fit with the Daily Bugle and we get Venom for him to transform into. Matt Murdock would also be an interesting choice and if we had a spare spot they could give us Foggy Nelson also so we could have a Nelson & Murdock side build.

Mary Jane Watson would also make sense we've never had a comic version of her and a majority of the prior versions are massively outdated with the only recent version being the Ultimate Spider-man inspired one.

At this point I'm more interested in the mystery 14th (and potentially 13th) characters as opposed to the rest of the villain/Sinister Six line-up :tongue:

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Matt Murdock would also be an interesting choice and if we had a spare spot they could give us Foggy Nelson also so we could have a Nelson & Murdock side build.

I think Foggy is only likely if the secondary building is N&M, but since this is Lego Spider-Man after all, it could very well be a bank or a jewelry store.

47 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Really, I'm hoping for a few more Daredevil/Defenders related characters to be included, in particular:

Jessica Jones (also worked at the Bugle at one point if I remember correctly)

Kingpin 

Bullseye 

Elektra 

Those would be my top wants.  While new versions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist would be great, they probably have a better chance of showing up elsewhere compared to the others I listed.

Hopefully the 14+ number we got means we get more than 14 minifigures.  Having around 16-18 minifigures would give more room for new characters to balance out all the repeat characters we seem to be getting.

It would be neat if the rooftop of the DB was dedicated to Daredevil/Punisher. 

if it’s is 14+ Figures, you could thrown in Bullseye and Elektra to round out a nice Marvel Knights tie in. 

semi-off topic, but Hasbro revealed today a ML figure of bro thor in his final battle armor, in a new unique packaging with the Infinity Saga logo. It makes me wonder if Lego making IS-branded sets was also an idea pushed by Marvel/Disney and not just them going "oh let's make up for the lackluster 2019 sets".

4 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

semi-off topic, but Hasbro revealed today a ML figure of bro thor in his final battle armor, in a new unique packaging with the Infinity Saga logo. It makes me wonder if Lego making IS-branded sets was also an idea pushed by Marvel/Disney and not just them going "oh let's make up for the lackluster 2019 sets".

Saw that too. And could be. Possible. This brings me to the question how good is Endgame Thor will be. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So long as the ratio is good. 14 figures I would hope if characters like JJJ or Aunt May reappear they have new prints or even hair pieces used. Even if the character is the same I’d hope they give new designs. And also if we only get a couple new characters that would be a bust, I was honestly hoping at least 5 characters are new but even 7 is not a crazy thing to ask for imo. But on that note I’ve been dissatisfied with the figure leaks so far.

So I don’t collect MCU sets mostly but I do pay attention to the attention to detail figures over there receive bc it signals what I may expect for comic based releases especially considering how uncommon the can be. If a MCU set has poor printing what should I expect from a comic set with no movie attached? So I will opine on figures I wouldn’t buy regardless bc it sets a standard.

• Rocket Racoon - his new mould is okay I really like the way it looks with the scarf but I had always wanted them to use the Skunk mould from Chima for his design and for the comics thats honestly probably still applicable but for the MCU I think this mould works fine. The suit however should have been a dull bluish grey or a dark blue with grey undertones but not a solid grey and certainly not this color it detracts from the figure so much I am really upset they made him grey.

Shuri - would it be ridiculous to say I’d hoped they’d give her a new hair mould? With themes like Chima and Vidiyo receiving so many new moulds in their first few waves I still can’t understand how years into one of Legos most successful lines we still lag behind on introducing new pieces specialized for characters and arm/leg print. Needs leg printing as well. 

Black Panther - was actually so excited for the new mould and kinda stumped it never came to life. Needs leg printing and leaves a lot to be desired.

Black Cat - hope those dual molded legs legit come with her. Her tussles of white hair would be hard to print so I see why they went this route. Wish she came with a more creative hair piece this mould is tired. Unsure why they printed no skin they’ve given many a female characters skin on the neck before (Gamora, Ivy etc) that way we could have also gotten her choker. Besides the unusual neck print and boring hair choice she’s ok

Iron Man - mostly good but c’mon how is arm printing a lot to ask for? I’d like to see it normalized once Lego introduced it it had me wishing they’d use it more. Solid color arms don’t work for every character and dual molded arms of many color combinations as well as printed arms are in much demand from me. He needed the arm print to perfect him. I just wish Lego went for a standard of complete accuracy with these figures considering how big the brand is. 

tl;r Rocket is the wrong color, Shuri needed leg printing and either a new hair mould or her braid printed on her back, Iron Man needs arm printing and Black Panther needs leg printing.

I hope Mysterio in the D2C finally gives us leg printing bc his suit fabric goes down to his shoes which should then be a yellow. So dual molded green/yellow legs won’t work either because he has small shoes not boots and fabric design on his legs that need detailing. But with these leaks I don’t think I should expect Mysterio to come with that detail :/

Edited by cosmic

Is it confirmed the bugle is getting 14 minifigures or is it confirmed that we’re getting at least 14 minifigures 

10 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Is it confirmed the bugle is getting 14 minifigures or is it confirmed that we’re getting at least 14 minifigure

Ralph Boener said 14+ so it’s probably 14 or 15, maybe 16 max.