Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The /s bit is something he added himself as a replacement for the actual image.

ohhhh gotcha 

also can I just say I appreciate that they added the rivets on the mk 3 fig, gives the figure so much depth and implied texture, I love it 

I'll be posting Mark 3 front and back in the usual places. 

28 minutes ago, Scarletwitch said:

When do you guys think lego will reveal the June sets🙈🙈

I'm hoping soon.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'll be posting Mark 3 front and back in the usual places. 

I'm hoping soon.

Where u posting them at👀🤚
by any chance do you have Wanda 

Edited by Scarletwitch

1 hour ago, Scarletwitch said:

When do you guys think lego will reveal the June sets🙈

I think that the sets will be shown at the end of April

Someone already reposted my picture. So I think it's all good to remove now. :wink:

6 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Mark 3 looks good

Shame lego reserves the leg printing for ironman mostly

I think it's needed to his character, I can't imagine him without leg printing it's gonna be a bummer. Not unless if it's a transforming suit. 

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s true at all that it will be revealed tomorrow 

Hasbro is having an event so I don’t think Disney would want that to be under cut

I actually think the new helmet would look better with this particular minifig

I personally don't really care what helmet they use as both look really good to me. But I do want them to just pick one and stick with it as last years MK2, Hotrod and Blue Steel do look a bit out of place next to the rest of the armors (not counting MK1 as the Invincible helmet works really well for that armor).

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Nice Mecabricks Render

I much prefer CM4Sci's use of the new Helmet mould. The old one always feels too over-sized and needs a sleeker redesign.

Plus, now it won't match with the MK2 we got last year :shrug_oh_well:

To me, it is the new helmet which feels over-sized. Yes, the old one is maybe a little big (fortunatelly not as Kylo Ren's) , but the whole shape is more accurate (I'm not saying perfect) to the MCU source. The visor print on the new helmet is smaller, but the whole piece is bulky and I can't unsee it and focus just on the print. I don't like that the new mould is too wide in the neck area and the details are just printed instead of shaped, although I think that new helmet works well for the Rescue suit from the Endgame.

I replaced all new helmets with the first War Machine helmets (or War Machine/Iron Legion combo) and I think that it looks better, but I can understand that someone prefers the new version.

170647013-268522304915458-29017766833977

171087480-2968317136779372-2604395421458

Edited by Mr. Cube

2 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

To me, it is the new helmet which feels over-sized. Yes, the old one is maybe a little big (fortunatelly not as Kylo Ren's) , but the whole shape is more accurate (I'm not saying perfect) to the MCU source. The visor print on the new helmet is smaller, but the whole piece is bulky and I can't unsee it and focus just on the print. I don't like that the new mould is too wide in the neck area and the details are just printed instead of shaped, although I think that new helmet works well for the Rescue suit from the Endgame.

I replaced all new helmets with the first War Machine helmets (or War Machine/Iron Legion combo) and I think that it looks better, but I can understand that someone prefers the new version.

There was a MK 3 render with the new helmet and it only amplifies my issues with it.

The print on the newer helmet makes his face feel too wide and droopy. Not to mention that MCU Iron Man as a figure looks immensely better when his visor detailed are molded and not just printed. 

I can understand the whole bulky complaints used for the old helmet but you can't deny that they capture the look of MCU Iron man better and it's not like the new helmet helps with the size issue either. The old helmet works and it's better than just printing his face on a helmet piece 

20210409_073723.jpg

9 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

The old helmet works and it's better than just printing his face on a helmet piece 

Yes, that was basically the point of my previous post. :thumbup:

Just saw the new pictures of the MkIII and I love it even more :wub: 
The HUD face is no surprise, but is the angry expression not new?
I thought the previous/current had a grinning and frowning expression, but not angry with open mouth...

Regards,
Mitch 

I do think that the only solution to fixing the two piece helmet is to slim down the size similar to Phoenix Customs helmet since it's smaller than the official helmet. Also I think that MK 50 and 85 should've just had a molded visor without the flip function like the custom designs since those two suits didn't have flip mechanisms in the movies(The MK 85 sorta did with the nano helmet flipping onto his face but that's it)

But that's highly unlikely since I don't see LEGO investing money to create an all new Iron Man mold 

s-l300.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

Yes, that was basically the point of my previous post. :thumbup:

Yeah ik was just saying that I can understand why people like the new helmet but don't understand when they say it's better for MCU Iron Man than the classic flip piece 

Imo the 2020 mold fits War Machine than it does for Iron Man since I liked the 2020 fig that came out

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

6 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

The HUD face is no surprise, but is the angry expression not new?

Nope, it's the same print they've been using since Infinity War.

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

I do think that the only solution to fixing the two piece helmet is to slim down the size similar to Phoenix Customs helmet since it's smaller than the official helmet. Also I think that MK 50 and 85 should've just had a molded visor without the flip function like the custom designs since those two suits didn't have flip mechanisms in the movies(The MK 85 sorta did with the nano helmet flipping onto his face but that's it)

But that's highly unlikely since I don't see LEGO investing money to create an all new Iron Man mold 

s-l300.jpg

Yeah ik was just saying that I can understand why people like the new helmet but don't understand when they say it's better for MCU Iron Man than the classic flip piece 

Imo the 2020 mold fits War Machine than it does for Iron Man since I liked the 2020 fig that came out

Wait til you see Mark 50 Phoenix Custom. It'll blow your mind. You reminded me that it is gonna be released soon! :wub_drool:

The newer helmet mold isn't even exclusive to Marvel. It gets used for one of the villains in Monkie Kid.

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Wait til you see Mark 50 Phoenix Custom. It'll blow your mind. You reminded me that it is gonna be released soon! :wub_drool:

I trust him to deliver cause his Raimi Spider-Man figs were amazing considering its hard getting the official ones nowadays 

8 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The newer helmet mold isn't even exclusive to Marvel. It gets used for one of the villains in Monkie Kid.

Yeah the Power Rangers esque villain lol

I actually don't mind the mold when it's used on characters like Vulture, Rescue and the Square Enix Iron Man but people wanting this mold to be the de facto mold for every version of Iron Man(both comics and MCU) is where i draw the line

Also if the MCU mold does get updated in the future I'd like to see a more accurate flip style helmet where only the face raises up and the chin stays put. I had customs which had this but maybe I'm getting way too ahead of myself as I also don't see LEGO abandoning this helmet anytime soon but if Batman could get different variants of his helmet then why not Tony 

sy1361_073.jpg

For me, they need to feature something similar to the old helmet otherwise it simply does not feel like a natural progression of suit designs when displayed together and it weakens the collection nature of the figures if they randomly have different helmets. Some can without interupting things, such as the Mark 1 - but for the most part they need to share collective design elements and the helmet is one of these elements.

20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not sure that's a good choice tbh. For the piece itself I'd go with Hermione (Year 3 and beyond) or Sharon Carter, color should be the same orange as the Weasleys as she's pretty much a ginger in IW. Though nougat would work too.

Ive tried this and no, its not her right hair color.

her CW hair in dark orange is perfect. Ive held up the elizabeth swann hair piece to the screen with wanda in wakanda (ha that sounds funny) and her hair is way more ginger. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGDAgVrJKDD/?igshid=qa0raoai915t

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

Ive tried this and no, its not her right hair color.

her CW hair in dark orange is perfect. Ive held up the elizabeth swann hair piece to the screen with wanda in wakanda (ha that sounds funny) and her hair is way more ginger. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGDAgVrJKDD/?igshid=qa0raoai915t

Dark orange is my first choice as well, as I stated in the post you quoted. But I'm fully expecting LEGO to cheap out on a recolored hairpiece and go with nougat.

Honestly I really wish that we get minfigs of Bullseye, Hammerhead, and Jackal. I also want a new Stilt Man minfig with brand new minifig stilt pieces (although that's wishful thinking)