Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

41 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah I feel like The Watcher is a very likely candidate minifigure, after all this episodes are all "what if" and he's the one narrating it. 

I'm not too sure, from what we've seen in trailers, he isn't actually seen, only a shadow in the cosmos. Sure that shadow looks dope, but aside from narration, don't think he'll be physically presence to represent in figure form

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm not too sure, from what we've seen in trailers, he isn't actually seen, only a shadow in the cosmos. Sure that shadow looks dope, but aside from narration, don't think he'll be physically presence to represent in figure form

I bet there won't be any significant differences from GOTG2 appearance? I mean that's the depiction of "The Watcher" 

Pretty much expected but yeah, no Lizard in Daily Bugle D2C as reported by Mr Falcon in his latest story. 

So its looking like Mysterio, Doc Ock, Sandman, Kraven, Green Goblin, Vulture

Kingpin could be looking more and more likely if they are not going to include the 2 most wanted Spiderman villains.

Just now, Bobby Drake said:

Kingpin could be looking more and more likely if they are not going to include the 2 most wanted Spiderman villains.

Which to me kinda disappointing, though either way, I don't have plans on getting this. I'm more of MCU minifigure collector. 

But we have gotten those villains in the past, In my humble opinion we already got perfect iterations for Doc Ock, Green Goblin and I would say Kraven too. 

Sandman human form? They can do more printing in the arms and legs for Mysterio and a Vulture with new face printing would be nice. 

This could be the way to introduce never been released villains. 

Kinda makes sense, Lizard can be replicated using official pieces already :shrug_oh_well:

So far, for those keeping track:
Yep: Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least four/five other villains as such?)

4 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

We could still get some surprises. Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Kraven, Green Goblin, Vulture and even Mysterio have all already had a comic variant in Lego form - so perhaps we'll get some different choices for the other Sinister Six members.

Kingpin, Shocker, Rhino, Chameleon, Hydro-Man and the previously confirmed Mysterio perhaps. That way we'd get five brand new comic inspired villains :shrug_oh_well:

20 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Kinda makes sense, Lizard can be replicated using official pieces already :shrug_oh_well:

So far, for those keeping track:
Yep: Peter Parker, Spider-man, J.J.Jameson, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat, Mysterio
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least four/five other villains as such?)

We could still get some surprises. Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Kraven, Green Goblin, Vulture and even Mysterio have all already had a comic variant in Lego form - so perhaps we'll get some different choices for the other Sinister Six members.

Kingpin, Shocker, Rhino, Chameleon, Hydro-Man and the previously confirmed Mysterio perhaps. That way we'd get five brand new comic inspired villains :shrug_oh_well:

This is a very helpful list. Thanks!

Do we know if bigfigs are off limits for the Daily Bugle sets? If that’s the case, I don’t think they’ll be able to do Kingpin and Rhino justice. I know Kraven has already been done but I would love a minifig without a face that’s been used on another minifig as he’s my favorite Spidey villain.

My birthday’s coming up this month but I told my wife I’m going to wait for the DB in May for my birthday present. Really anxious to see some photos. 😁

Edited by Moon_Knight

People wouldn’t have liked lizard as a regular figure. He should be a big fig and there looks like there are not big figs in the set

Edited by Falconfan1414

7 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Do we know if bigfigs are off limits for the Daily Bugle sets?

Big Figs seem unlikely in this style of set, could happen, but does not seem likely in my view :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

People wouldn’t have liked lizard as a regular figure. He should be a big fig and there looks like there are not big figs in the set 

If you mean just a normal minifigure, then yeah, probably not. I'd lean towards them having to use the Lizard Man stuff from CMF series 5 to make him work. In a similar respect if a character like Rhino were to happen they'd have to use a similar method to bulk him up.

Edited by Scarilian

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

RIP

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Shoot, I guess that also rules out Rhino and a bigfig Kingpin.  Hopefully Kingpin can still show up with the Hagrid body mold or something, because it would make no sense to leave him out of a set that features Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Punisher, all three of whom he is one of the most prominent foes of. 

I also really hope the set's lineup of the Sinister Six features a few villains we haven't gotten yet.  I'd be a bit disappointed if LEGO fills up the majority of the minifigure selection with characters we've already gotten.

Honestly, my only real want out of this set is a #121 Gwen Stacy (though I'd take just about any version at this point), as this is probably one of the few sets she could appear in.

My main complaint about Spider-Man sets in general since the Superheroes theme began has been a lack of supporting characters. The old movie sets were really well balanced in this regard, Spidey can't always be guarding bank vaults and jewel trucks, it makes sense for him to occasionally be saving actual people. So hopefully Lego takes this opportunity to flesh out the Spiderverse a little bit more. I'm tired of variation after variation of the same characters.

Was it ever confirmed that there will be a sinister six? Or are we just assuming that’s what they’re doing with the D2C? Considering the fact we have DD, Punisher, Black Cat, Venom and no Electro, it just doesn’t make sense. Sure they’ll have some regular Spidey Villains but I don’t think the set up is Sinister Six. This feels more like a “New York superhero set” not a Spider Man vs Sinister Six with some friends. (If that makes sense)

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

Was it ever confirmed that there will be a sinister six? Or are we just assuming that’s what they’re doing with the D2C? Considering the fact we have DD, Punisher, Black Cat, Venom and no Electro, it just doesn’t make sense. Sure they’ll have some regular Spidey Villains but I don’t think the set up is Sinister Six. This feels more like a “New York superhero set” not a Spider Man vs Sinister Six with some friends. (If that makes sense)

I think if there are at least six Spider-Man villains included in the set, people will still view it as a ‘Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six’ set regardless of if it’s marketed that way or not.

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I think you make a good point. Just because there’s a large number of minifigures included in this set doesn’t necessarily mean that the sinister six are going to appear. I think Venom can be an indicator that it may be a variety of random Spider-Man villains. I want the sinister six but maybe we’ll just get a few randos like Carnage, Hobgoblin, etc.. Although, maybe the inclusion of Venom in a DB set means we’re getting a reporter Eddie Brock minifigure, which imo still makes the sinister six a possibility. Man, I can’t wait for the unveiling of this set!

On a side note, more than anything I want a bigfig Venom and we know that’s not happening. :cry3:

Edited by Moon_Knight

2 hours ago, strangely said:

Honestly, my only real want out of this set is a #121 Gwen Stacy (though I'd take just about any version at this point), as this is probably one of the few sets she could appear in.

My main complaint about Spider-Man sets in general since the Superheroes theme began has been a lack of supporting characters. The old movie sets were really well balanced in this regard, Spidey can't always be guarding bank vaults and jewel trucks, it makes sense for him to occasionally be saving actual people. So hopefully Lego takes this opportunity to flesh out the Spiderverse a little bit more. I'm tired of variation after variation of the same characters.

A civilian Gwen Stacy would be an excellent inclusion.  I'm still hoping that Betty Brant and Robbie Robertson are included, considering that at a D2C pricepoint, the Bugle is going to look underpopulated if Peter Parker and J. Jonah Jameson are the only staff members included.

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I'm pretty sure Falconfan made a story post that said "SINISTER SIX", which was presumably meant to indicate their inclusion in the D2C.  His story posts also indicated Mysterio's inclusion, which would make sense with a Sinister Six lineup.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

No bigfig means no Kingpin. RIP

I still think Kingpin has a decent chance of appearing as either a minifigure or a Hagrid sized figure, considering he prominently counts as a Spider-Man villain, a Daredevil villain, and a Punisher villain, so his absence in a set with all three of those characters would be very odd.

27 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I really hope the only new villain isn't Black Cat

I certainly hope that's not the case either.  Falconfan's previous posts about the Bugle seem to be hyping up the set's minifigure selection, so I'm assuming that there's more surprises we haven't seen yet.  Daredevil, Punisher, and Black Cat are definitely hype-worthy inclusions, but they're only three minifigures out of a lineup of at least 14 total.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not an opinion, that's a fact actually. 

You can like or dislike the helmet or whatever, but this helmet not resembling regular Black Panther's one is an objective fact, not a matter for discussion.

I agree starlords helmet doesnt look like Panthers

Point being that he shouldnt have to be attacked for stating his hopes/observations/opinions

Edited by Mattallica

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think you make a good point. Just because there’s a large number of minifigures included in this set doesn’t necessarily mean that the sinister six are going to appear. I think Venom can be an indicator that it may be a variety of random Spider-Man villains. I want the sinister six but maybe we’ll just get a few randos like Carnage, Hobgoblin, etc.. Although, maybe the inclusion of Venom in a DB set means we’re getting a reporter Eddie Brock minifigure, which imo still makes the sinister six a possibility. Man, I can’t wait for the unveiling of this set!

On a side note, more than anything I want a bigfig Venom and we know that’s not happening. :cry3:

The way things are going, I'm starting to wonder if the 'sinister six' will be Goblin, Ock, Venom, Mysterio, Vulture and Carnage (ie. the 6 villains we get the most of every wave :iamded_lol:). 

I'll set my expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised if they give us something new. 

I'm mostly in this for the build/new heroes anyway. 

Edited by SEmrys

4 hours ago, hvader said:

No bigfig means no Kingpin. RIP

If Korg isn't a bigfig then Kingpin sure as hell wouldn't be a bigfig. He's a bug dude, but come on, he ain't as big as Thanos or Hulk.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If Korg isn't a bigfig then Kingpin sure as hell wouldn't be a bigfig. He's a bug dude, but come on, he ain't as big as Thanos or Hulk.

He should use the Hagrid torso, which doesn't count as a bigfig.

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Have we seen the Sakaar Ironman already?

Talking about Sakaar, dang how long are we gonna wait til we see Korg. That's long overdue considering the headpiece leaked waaaaaaaaaay back. 

Yeah, he was in one of those concept arts just like SpideyHawkeye a few replies above.

3 hours ago, Mattallica said:

I agree starlords helmet doesnt look like Panthers

Point being that he shouldnt have to be attacked for stating his hopes/observations/opinions

Stating a fact with actual evidence ≠ attacking someone.

I'm no psychiatrist but this weird obsession for me you've got going on can't be healthy, knock it off.