Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just a speculation on my part. Soafr we haven't gotten full look at What if? T'Challa costume, just jacket. Maybe his Star-Lord mask is Wakanda inspired and does resemble his Black Panther cowl. We need a better look at his full costume though.

The mask is in the trailer. It is the Star-Lord mask. In this what if episode T'Challa never becomes the Black panther. He is abducted by Yondu (like it is shown in the trailer) as a child and is raised just like Peter. The title could be "What if Yondu's space GPS messed up and he took the wrong kid".

You are right that they technically haven't shown a clear shot of the legs. But in this article is some official photos of T'Challa Star-Lord https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-what-if-disney-plus-black-panther-star-lord/

The What if series is an episodic retelling of each of the MCU films. So one episode is the "what if Peggy Carter was injected with the super soldier serum because Steve failed to pass Erskine's last morality test" version of the first Captain America movie and so on.

I just hope Wanda, MCU Trinity and Thanos is not lackluster figures. I'm so excited to see them specially Wanda and Thanos. 

11 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The mask is in the trailer. It is the Star-Lord mask. In this what if episode T'Challa never becomes the Black panther. He is abducted by Yondu (like it is shown in the trailer) as a child and is raised just like Peter. The title could be "What if Yondu's space GPS messed up and he took the wrong kid".

You are right that they technically haven't shown a clear shot of the legs. But in this article is some official photos of T'Challa Star-Lord https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-what-if-disney-plus-black-panther-star-lord/

The What if series is an episodic retelling of each of the MCU films. So one episode is the "what if Peggy Carter was injected with the super soldier serum because Steve failed to pass Erskine's last morality test" version of the first Captain America movie and so on.

I am aware of a concept of What if? show, and T'Challa as Star-Lord concept. Haven't seen that image though. I was kinda expecting this version to be more Wakanda inspired though. Still right now we don't even know whether this version of T'Challa will appear in D+ Cmf, so let's wait for more information about cmfs.

32 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

overly detailed

oh my god thank you

49 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I just hope Wanda, MCU Trinity and Thanos is not lackluster figures. I'm so excited to see them specially Wanda and Thanos. 

Thanos will definitely look great because he'll get at least 2 new moulds.

I expect Wanda to get a new torso print, and a new colour for her hairpiece. Also a new face print which they'd reuse in the CMF.

As for the Trinity, Thor will definitely get a new hair mould and a new torso print, and probably also a new Stormbreaker build. Captain will get a new torso, while Iron Man (I hope) will get an overall upgrade.

Why.... why can't lego marvel get some leg printing

At least black cat has dual moulded legs

Edited by thephantasm

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I expect Wanda to get a new torso print, and a new colour for her hairpiece. Also a new face print which they'd reuse in the CMF.

As for the Trinity, Thor will definitely get a new hair mould and a new torso print, and probably also a new Stormbreaker build. Captain will get a new torso, while Iron Man (I hope) will get an overall upgrade.

This is also what I'm expecting from them minus Ironman, I think they'll give us the old one or battle damaged version. I'm not expecting him to be overly detailed, but if there is in need of arm printing in the trinity, It's Ironman. Dual molding arms with printing, I'll take even just printing. I don't expect Cap will have small "A" on his arms and continued scales design also thor with armored arms, I'm keeping my expectations low. 

Black Panther fig leaked. The new printing is appreciated however I wish we got a new helmet mold like originally rumored 

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This is also what I'm expecting from them minus Ironman, I think they'll give us the old one or battle damaged version. I'm not expecting him to be overly detailed, but if there is in need of arm printing in the trinity, It's Ironman. Dual molding arms with printing, I'll take even just printing. I don't expect Cap will have small "A" on his arms and continued scales design also thor with armored arms, I'm keeping my expectations low. 

Yeah I mean we're talking about arm printing, but all of them except for Iron Man probably won't even get leg printing :laugh_hard:

Even with Chitauri getting an update there's no way in hell they'd throw that terrible Iron Man from 2 years ago.

That fig looks like some sort of robot approximation of Black Panther :head_back:

They've clearly put effort into it though, which is something. Even if it doesn't look all that accurate.

Tbh, I think the best BP suit (and by extension minifig) was the Civil War one. And it's been downhill ever since. 

(although King T'Chaka's suit was also pretty sweet, shame we never got that in Lego) 

I like the new version of BP :classic: Leg printing would have been appreciated, but as is, it at least fits in with the previous versions. And they finally fixed the colour scheme :laugh:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah I mean we're talking about arm printing, but all of them except for Iron Man probably won't even get leg printing :laugh_hard:

Even with Chitauri getting an update there's no way in hell they'd throw that terrible Iron Man from 2 years ago.

Lmao. True! If they are generous enough I think dual molded legs can be included with Cap, just dark blue and brown will do. I also see them using the face printing from recent Cap specially using that helmet. 

Do you expect new Tony Stark head? I mean accuracy wise it should have battle damaged face with scuffs. I think it can also be used in Mark 3 from Iron Monger set.

The new Black Panther minifigure is good. The minifigure has become more detailed, the color of the effect has been corrected. But there are no prints on the legs. And so the minifigure is good.

6 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Tbh, I think the best BP suit (and by extension minifig) was the Civil War one. And it's been downhill ever since. 

Agreed to you. And what's good thing about it giving him General Zod's legs (Superman set) and General Zod's arms (CMF) makes it the perfect Black Panther MCU figure.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new Black Panther fig. The purple color is great but the rest of the printing makes him look like a robot 

Also it's a shame that the cat piece has no print. Don't know why the Black Panther figs post Civil war don't have printed head piece.

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

Budget? 🤷‍♂️ however it is consistent with the previous version, we can consider it a color correction

Edited by Legocentrico

18 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lmao. True! If they are generous enough I think dual molded legs can be included with Cap, just dark blue and brown will do. I also see them using the face printing from recent Cap specially using that helmet. 

Do you expect new Tony Stark head? I mean accuracy wise it should have battle damaged face with scuffs. I think it can also be used in Mark 3 from Iron Monger set.

We're getting Iron Man in at least 3 sets, 2 based on Endgame' final battle and one on Iron Man's final fight so yeah, a battle damaged face would be something. 

I think it all depends if they want to include the hairpiece, because if they do you could recreate the Snap moment and a battle damaged face would be quite fitting.

New BP gigure is good but man, I really wish he got a new helmet mold like the original rumors. Also the lack if print on the ear piece yet again is even more apparent and egregious this time around. He also desperately needs leg printing. It's really frustrating LEGO continues to cheap out on this yet again.

10 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

New BP gigure is good but man, I really wish he got a new helmet mold like the original rumors. Also the lack if print on the ear piece yet again is even more apparent and egregious this time around. He also desperately needs leg printing. It's really frustrating LEGO continues to cheap out on this yet again.

I mean they have a certain budget and they can't suddenly give every character new moulds and leg printings.

Agreed that the ear pieces needed some printing, it's been my main problem with all the variants (excluding CW); it just stops abruptly coming up from the head. Same thing with the legs, which never really bothered me before but now that the

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Torso has more detail, but feels overly detailed

it just becomes a jarring transition continuing down without leg printing. (@Scarilian, you really nailed what I didn't even realise bothered me about it, just knew something was off)

1 hour ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new Black Panther fig. The purple color is great but the rest of the printing makes him look like a robot 

Also it's a shame that the cat piece has no print. Don't know why the Black Panther figs post Civil war don't have printed head piece.

81mBiNJB2lL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Yes the cat ear piece just looks really out of place without printing. And I'm disappointed there's no leg printing to make up for it

As for the robot like appearance he looks much less like a robot in another leaked pic. Looks much better there

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean they have a certain budget and they can't suddenly give every character new moulds and leg printings.

True, but this is Black Panther. A character who is seemingly not returning again, from a popular movie, potentially one of the last times they may get to represent the character unless we get more legacy sets in future. You'd think it would at the least have the ear printing like the first itteration of the character did?

We now have four different MCU variants of Black Panther and none of them are suited to switch between portraying the power on/off forms as they keep switching designs for the torso and mask whenever we get close :wall:

Closest we get is the opened eyed variant with 76100 & 76103 and the blue version from 76099... but the normal head variant we get from 76047 has a different mask design. We just need a normal now powered-up head and we'd have all three variants (albiet without the helmet piece). It's frustrating we get a 'fixed' version of the power on form that has a different torso design - means it won't work as a power on version of the version in set 76100 & 76103.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean, we say that now, but there's also the cance we do not like the new moulds

13 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, we say that now, but there's also the cance we do not like the new moulds

That's a small chance, and for now I'm going to stay optimistic. 

29 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

While I think you have a point, looking at the past Thanos I think what the problem is him having inaccuracy, everyone is asking him to be bald. Now they are doing it. Only thing that I'm afraid of is the lack of printing. I'm expecting for him to have his grin or smirk evil looking and full armor details as this version should be the one that the trinity is fighting. Arms printing, better printing in the body of the figure. Not like those two previous lack luster Thanos big figure.