Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm glad LEGO got involved with Marvel, because the series wasn't going through the best of times. But since they have taken over the series, we will probably get the best sets in the history of the series. This year is the best in the history of the series. So much for Marvel comes out.

Ya know, I’m starting to worry our expectations are getting too high, and I’m including myself in this. We haven’t even seen the sets yet, and this year we have had like what—a relatively strong Ninjago wave and a good creator expert (I’m probably missing something here). I mean, 2021 hasn’t been our best year so far. That being said, I’m not going to listen to my own advice and continue hyping up for this.

Edited by Brickroll

12 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Ya know, I’m starting to worry our expectations are getting too high, and I’m including myself in this. We haven’t even seen the sets yet, and this year we have had like what—a relatively strong Ninjago wave and a good creator expert (I’m probably missing something here). I mean, 2021 hasn’t been our best year so far. That being said, I’m not going to listen to my own advice and continue hyping up for this.

Yes, the sets sound cool, but I don't overestimate the expectations. I expect anything from them. But I hope the sets will be normal.

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Black Panther leaked, he looks great! 

With even more detail on the face and torso, the bare arms and legs stick out even more :(

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's debatible

12 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Really could have done with leg printing 

Dont get me wrong, the printing looks great! Just thinking how all the eternal figs got leg printing and black panther looks odd without it.

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Dont get me wrong, the printing looks great! Just thinking how all the eternal figs got leg printing and black panther looks odd without it.

Exactly there’s so much detail on the torso and head so the legs look weird without printing 

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A "lower your expectations" with the Black Panther minifigure upfront would have been more helpful, just saying

Torso and head is nice but the lack of leg printing really noticable and what's worst is this can't be fixed coz I can't think of a character with black legs and purple printing glow. 

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

A "lower your expectations" with the Black Panther minifigure upfront would have been more helpful, just saying

We already knew the legs, arms and earpiece wouldn't have any printing. For what it is the figure looks fantastic imo.

On a positive note: Captain America with shield, hair piece and printed helmet is coming in the Lego Marvel magazine issue after Thor. That is even cheaper than the small mech set

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already knew the legs, arms and earpiece wouldn't have any printing. For what it is the figure looks fantastic imo.

The torso is a slight improvement, but the head with the printing and the unprinted "ear" piece clashes to much. It would have looked better if either the ear piece was also printed (like they did once in the past) or if the printing on the head was toned down, so that it doesn't have this abrupt change between ear piece and head.

Or even better give us a mask like they did for Captain America and Cap Marvel alongside a Chadwick Boseman head print. Lego is severly lacking in good and easy to get head prints for POC

Okay, we got a clearer image. I can't possibly be the only one thinking it just look terrible, right?

24 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

On a positive note: Captain America with shield, hair piece and printed helmet is coming in the Lego Marvel magazine issue after Thor. That is even cheaper than the small mech set

Where can i found that list? and when does that cap issue is released?

New Black Panther looks really nice, but Lego once again cheapened out on leg print. Hopefully if Star-lord T'challa is in Cmf we can get good leg print for Black Panther.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New Black Panther looks really nice, but Lego once again cheapened out on leg print. Hopefully if Star-lord T'challa is in Cmf we can get good leg print for Black Panther.

Hmmmm. Isn't T'Challa is Starlord not Black Panther so he will be donning Starlord costume? The only thing we can benefit in that figure if he is included is a T'Challa face which is much better than legs if you ask me.

14 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

How would the T'Challa Star-Lord leg printing fit the normal Black Panther printing? Have you even seen his What if costume? He is wearing a purple version of the Star-Lord leather jacket in the What if trailer. It isn't a Black Panther costume in space but just a stylized recolour of Star-Lord's costume with T'Challa in it.

This is a render of a Lego version of the trailer costume. The legs are just black combat trousers with yellow highlights (no purple energy effects whatsoever). 49799850898_bc8e8cd71b_n.jpg

Edited by Metanoios91

8 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

How would the T'Challa Star-Lord leg printing fit the normal Black Panther printing? Have you even seen his What if costume? He is wearing a purple version of the Star-Lord leather jacket in the What if trailer. It isn't a Black Panther costume in space but just a stylized recolour of Star Lords costume with T'Challa in it.

This is a render of a Lego version of the trailer costume. The legs are just black combat trousers with yellow highlights (no purple energy effects whatsoever). 49799850898_bc8e8cd71b_n.jpg

Just a speculation on my part. Soafr we haven't gotten full look at What if? T'Challa costume, just jacket. Maybe his Star-Lord mask is Wakanda inspired and does resemble his Black Panther cowl. We need a better look at his full costume though.

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Maybe his Star-Lord mask is Wakanda inspired and does resemble his Black Panther cowl. 

How does this even slightly resemble a Black Panther cowl? It's literally just Star-Lords helmet with differently colored eyes and different hair sticking out.

Disney+ Unveils T'Challa as Star-Lord in Marvel's What If...?

Only thing we can butcher in this figure is T'Challa face printing, how ironic we will get one but not from Black Panther lolz. I hope this figure is included in a set as TLG sometimes go crazy with their picks. This is a fan favorite.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, we got a clearer image. I can't possibly be the only one thinking it just look terrible, right?

lego-black-panther-sets-featured.jpg

Head looks worse than the previous version (Above).

Torso has more detail, but feels overly detailed and the detail is not accurate to the design:

• Spikes on upper torso are now bigger with random 'dagger tips' and obscure the upper purple segments of the figure (Probably based on the hot toys version which featured that innacuracy)
  • They have replaced a lot of the segments that should be purple on the figure with white
  • They have added a lot of random extra details that are not on the torso of Black Panther

Feels like someone was told to go back and add more lines to what would have been a fine simplistic black and purple torso with his signature spikey necklace style piece. Despite the purple being more accurate, the blue version still has better designs and balance of black, white, gray, silver'ish and the blue/purple than the newer version

65384a90fcef1c1ccbdbe82a856bbecc.jpgHot-Toys-Black-Panther-Black-Panther-col

Edited by Scarilian