Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

It's just that the helmet looks funny somehow

Yeah I think they just pasted together parts of old designs. It was confirmed that we're getting the other helmet anyway.

52 minutes ago, Borex said:

No classic electro is a missed opportunity. But then again, maybe we don’t see the likes of the sinister six. Mysterio was also involved with the Maggia, so we’re talking Silvermane, Hammerhead, mr. negative then. A more gangster approach would fit for Punisher and Dare Devil of course. 
If we do get sinister six and it doesnt have classic electro in my opinion it is just wasting a spot for another figure.  

Perhaps the 'sinister six' hint just means there are six villains, rather than them being a sinister six line-up? 

(and if so, what side of the law does Black Cat fall on in this instance?) 

3 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

She's very reminiscent to Catwoman in that she's a criminal but often works together with Spidey. I honestly don't think she'll be one of the Six, but Venom probably is.

Perhaps the 'sinister six' hint just means there are six villains, rather than them being a sinister six line-up? 

Black Cat will be on Spider-Man side

11 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Yeah I think they just pasted together parts of old designs. It was confirmed that we're getting the other helmet anyway.

Thank god. I panicked for a minute when I saw that helmet. I really think it kills the look of Iron Man

This is a little off topic but, if they were to make another marvel series I think just an Ironman series would sell really well and give us and opportunity to complete all of those Ironman suits we have not gotten yet, I wonder if there will ever be a day they release them all.

1 minute ago, mgetz said:

This is a little off topic but, if they were to make another marvel series I think just an Ironman series would sell really well and give us and opportunity to complete all of those Ironman suits we have not gotten yet, I wonder if there will ever be a day they release them all.

A series of unique minifigures))

11 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

She's very reminiscent to Catwoman in that she's a criminal but often works together with Spidey. I honestly don't think she'll be one of the Six, but Venom probably is.

Yeah, I was just wondering whether Lego would be of that mindset or if they'd count her as a villain. 

I also had a quick look through the various iterations of the Sinister Six, and only found one instance of Venom and Mysterio being on the team without Electro (Wikipedia says Ultimate Six had that line-up, but I don't remember that being the case unless it was a post-Secret Wars thing), so if a Sinister Six is included it's probably just their own handpicked line-up. 

Ummm :distressed:

Anyways, if we were to place a 16-fig series amount as the absolute cap for the Bugle, how many do you think would be villains?

I think 6 villains might be the total and Venom is indeed in their ranks.

Yeah, I was just wondering whether Lego would be of that mindset or if they'd count her as a villain. 

Oh sorry, didn't mean to imply you didn't know that! Should've read your comment more carefully. I think she will be counted as an antihero type like Punisher.

Are the mentions of a possible Iron Fist and Luke Cage appearances in the DB based on any rumours from reliable sources or are they pure speculation because of DD?

I'm already super hype for the bugle in concept alone but new Danny and Luke minifigs not from Ultimate Spider-man would be so good. 

No Electro is disappointing. Hopefully he gets a comic set released around Spider-man: NWH.

2 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

If we were to place a 16-fig series amount as the absolute cap for the Bugle, how many do you think would be villains?

If we go up to 16 figures then would go 4 Heroes, 8 Villains and 4 Daily Bugle Staff/Casual characters. Something like:

1. Spider-man
  2. Black Cat
  3. Daredevil
  4. Punisher
  5. Venom
  6. Doctor Octopus
  7. Vulture
  8. Mysterio
  9. Sandman
  10. Kraven
  11. Lizard
  12. Green Goblin
  13. Peter Parker
  14. J.J.Jameson
  15. Robbie Robertson
  16. Mary Jane
27 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

I would like to see the Infinity Saga sets soon

We all would, but I'd lean more towards seeing them in May. Some figures might leak this month, but sets we probably won't see till May... unless we get lucky :shrug_oh_well:

41 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

I would like to see the Infinity Saga sets soon

By the end of this month we will have seen those, June sets are always revealed before May begins.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

By the end of this month we will have seen those, June sets are always revealed before May begins.

Finally! I will wait. Thanks for the information.

5 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Ummm :distressed:

Anyways, if we were to place a 16-fig series amount as the absolute cap for the Bugle, how many do you think would be villains?

I think 6 villains might be the total and Venom is indeed in their ranks.

If 16 was the grand total, my guess (or really just my wish list) would be;

1. Spider Man
  2. Peter Parker
  3. JJJ
  4. Daredevil
  5. Punisher
  6. Black Cat
  7. Venom
  8. Mysterio
  9. Scorpion
  10. Mister Negative
  11. Shocker
  12. Morbius
  13. Mary Jane Watson or Gwen Stacy
  14. Another hero, either Defender or Spider Man character (my dream would be Kaine or Prowler)
  15. Betty Brant
  16. Robbie Robertson

9 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I also had a quick look through the various iterations of the Sinister Six, and only found one instance of Venom and Mysterio being on the team without Electro (Wikipedia says Ultimate Six had that line-up, but I don't remember that being the case unless it was a post-Secret Wars thing), so if a Sinister Six is included it's probably just their own handpicked line-up. 

This set is definitely more AFOL oriented, so I was expecting something like the original line up, but without Electro, I have no idea which version they could choose. But all they really need to do, is just pick six villains to call the Sinister Six

33 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Oh sorry, didn't mean to imply you didn't know that! Should've read your comment more carefully. I think she will be counted as an antihero type like Punisher.

No worries, no apology necessary. My comment wasn't very clear. You're probably right though! 

22 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

Are the mentions of a possible Iron Fist and Luke Cage appearances in the DB based on any rumours from reliable sources or are they pure speculation because of DD? 

Its speculation mostly. 

My reasoning was that..

1) as you say, DD and Punisher are in it

2) someone previously said that the Bugle and/or CMF would make up for a 'series of missed opportunities'. And would explain why the other was the way it is (and as we now know, the CMF is Disney+ based), so it makes sense to me that the Defenders were being hinted at. 

3) A leaker made a fake DB photo for April Fools and seemingly edited in Jessica Jones. 

So there are no proper rumours. But there's enough stuff there to keep my hope alive. 

6 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

This set is definitely more AFOL oriented, so I was expecting something like the original line up, but without Electro, I have no idea which version they could choose. But all they really need to do, is just pick six villains to call the Sinister Six

True, pretty much every Spider-Man villain has been a part of the team at this point after all. 

Edited by SEmrys

1 hour ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I think a second building w/ Nelson and Murdock and/or Alias Investigations Office would be a good fit.  More than that though I think a first floor jewelry store/bank/museum for Black Cat (or the other villains for that matter) to rob would be a nice. 

How have we come this far without anyone pointing out the second building could be a bank?

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

Considering Lego always treats Catwoman as a villain I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing to Black Cat.

Do we know anything about the actual build? Like, is it confirmed whether it's to be an enclosed building a la Expert's modular buildings or could they go for something like last year's HP Diagon Alley - several open-backed fronts that can also slot together back-to-back to become one cohesive unit? Just thinking, could be a way for there to be more than just The Bugle.

1 hour ago, PavillionDweller said:

Do we know anything about the actual build? Like, is it confirmed whether it's to be an enclosed building a la Expert's modular buildings or could they go for something like last year's HP Diagon Alley - several open-backed fronts that can also slot together back-to-back to become one cohesive unit? Just thinking, could be a way for there to be more than just The Bugle.

To be honest, I'm expecting something similar to the Ghostbusters HQ. Not a proper modular, but still fully enclosed. I hope it resembles proper NYC buildings, with irregular roof heights and 'blocky' structure.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

or Gwen Stacy

Ooooh I like that idea. Weird that after all these years there hasn't been a Gwen other than "Ghost Spider". Even just a GS with the mask off would be great!

7 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Ooooh I like that idea. Weird that after all these years there hasn't been a Gwen other than "Ghost Spider". Even just a GS with the mask off would be great!

Whether it be a classic Gwen Stacy, or Ghost Spider in casual clothes, like the one from that LEGO cartoon, I just really want one (ideally the former) to complete my Bridge Battle...

Too soon?

Edited by Quicksilver838