Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Can anyone give me a list of rooms they have in the Daily Bugle? I just imagine what’s actually inside there other than a large office? 

6 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Can anyone give me a list of rooms they have in the Daily Bugle? I just imagine what’s actually inside there other than a large office? 

I'd guess it would have a main office room for J.J.Jameson. Probably some photo editing/publication room where Peter has pictures of Spider-man. One of the rooms would probably features that sort of 'transformation' gimmick where you turn the character around so Peter can become Spider-man. Honestly no idea what they could include - other than providing a facade I don't see why they chose the Daily Bugle.

I like how they included a guy whose superpower is shooting people to death but BCs chest was too risqué.

19 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

The printing presses are in the basement. I seem to recall a fight between Venom and Spidey there in the 90s cartoon.

32 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Like others have said before, JJ´s Office, Standard offices, maybe for Robbie or Ben Urich, Printing Presses, Basement and/or Boiler Area.

12 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The printing presses are in the basement. I seem to recall a fight between Venom and Spidey there in the 90s cartoon.

Well, there was a fight, but it was on the Tv Studio area of the building, may have misremembered, or thought about the PS1 game, where Spidey fights the Symbiotes [Bubblegum Baddies] on the Bugle and goes to the basement to fight a giant Mysterio...

15 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I mean, the D2C is probably going to made up the distribution of the rooms anyway

I guess we are saying fairwell to Ralph, he's going for a while. Was nice while it lasted.

So with Falcon1414's posts he's confirmed the puzzle is complete, that's all the main things for this year. He also made a remark about the Sinister Six and posted an image of Mysterio, so I'd guess the Daily Bugle is going to include the Sinister Six?

So our line-up so far seems to be:

1. Spider-man
  2. Peter Parker
  3. J.J.Jameson
  4. Venom
  5. Daredevil
  6. Punisher
  7. Black Cat
  8. Sinister Six Figure 1: Mysterio
  9. Sinister Six Figure 2: ?
  10. Sinister Six Figure 3: ?
  11. Sinister Six Figure 4: ?
  12. Sinister Six Figure 5: ?
  13. Sinister Six Figure 6: ?
  14. ?

Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Kraven would probably be our other Sinister Six figures to replicate the original Sinister Six. Venom could admittedly be part of the Sinister Six, but I doubt it.

That still leaves our unknown 14th figure... (Also realising now that Ralph labelled it as '14+ Minifigures') so 14 might not be the max unless someone else sourced that?

Edited by Scarilian

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I guess we are saying fairwell to Ralph, he's going for a while. Was nice while it lasted.

So with Falcon1414's posts he's confirmed the puzzle is complete, that's all the main things for this year. He also made a remark about the Sinister Six and posted an image of Mysterio, so I'd guess the Daily Bugle is going to include the Sinister Six?

So our line-up so far seems to be:

1. Spider-man
  2. Peter Parker
  3. J.J.Jameson
  4. Venom
  5. Daredevil
  6. Punisher
  7. Black Cat
  8. Sinister Six Figure 1: Mysterio
  9. Sinister Six Figure 2: ?
  10. Sinister Six Figure 3: ?
  11. Sinister Six Figure 4: ?
  12. Sinister Six Figure 5: ?
  13. Sinister Six Figure 6: ?
  14. ?

Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Kraven would probably be our other Sinister Six figures to replicate the original Sinister Six. Venom could admittedly be part of the Sinister Six, but I doubt it.

That still leaves our unknown 14th figure... (Also realising now that Ralph labelled it as '14+ Minifigures') so 14 might not be the max unless someone else sourced that?

excuse me, who confirmed mysterio?

Just now, Scarilian said:

That still leaves our unknown 14th figure...

And that my friend, is the leader of all the Spider-Man villains, the Kingpin.

Also, it’s nice to get the whole Sinister Six so I don’t buy the ones that are out now. Good job on Lego for not making you get all the sets in the wave to complete the series like they have done in the past.

I really hope Mysterio at least gets printed/dual molded legs this time.  The plain legs on the current comics version we have is my biggest issue with it.

15 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

excuse me, who confirmed mysterio?

Falconfan1414, this guy literally said that in the second paragraph 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Falconfan1414, this guy literally said that in the second paragraph 

I should proofread this kind of stuff lmao

7 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Any speculation on what the second building in the D2C will be?

Venomised Bugle

10 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Given the inclusion of daredevil, I'm thinking it's going to be the Nelson and Murdock law office. 

I'm still not sure 14 is the max number of figures, Ralph did tease '14+ minifigures' so potentially we'll get more :shrug_oh_well:

If we do only get a 14th figure, then I have a few options:

• Green Goblin: Seems like the most obvious. We have a fairly accurate version of him in the Bridge Battle, but that's the only time that figure was available. With a potential Kraven being included as part of the Sinister Six this would help make sure you have an alternative to trying to get the Bridge Battle set for the comic accurate villains at least.
  • Foggy Nelson: While an odd choice, would help support the idea of a potential 'Nelson & Murdock' side build
  • Robbie: Would be nice, but they seem to not be replicating the 'everyday life at the daily bugle' if Peter and J.J.Jameson are the only non-superhero costumed characters.

Scorpion & Lizard I'm dismissing at the moment. Scorpion was made available in a juniors set to make him easier to get and Lizard can be replicated using pre-existing pieces :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Based on what we have at the moment, probably Peter Parker's appartment OR Nelson & Murdock which could be used to explain Daredevil (and a potential 'Foggy Nelson' figure if they include one)

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I should proofread this kind of stuff lmao

Tis fine, I know it's difficult keeping track of everything :) Falcon1414 posted this image on his story, along with the 'Sinister Six' tease, just encase people missed it:
s-l400.jpg
As a sidenote, the art is taken from a series done by Phil Postma which includes Venom, Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio, Kraven, Green Goblin, Sandman, Lizard, and Black Cat - so we might be seeing a few of these art pieces cropping up soon to tease other figures in the set. May be worth keeping an eye out if Falcon1414 or another reliable source uses them.

36 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Given the inclusion of daredevil, I'm thinking it's going to be the Nelson and Murdock law office. 

Honestly, another office building in addition to the Bugle would be kinda boring. Hoping for PP’s apartment.

Its nice that black cat has dualmoulded legs but the torso print is really disappointing to me because it does not resemble her iconic outfit

No idea why lego is so against showing some skin, like show the neck at least

Edited by thephantasm

I don’t get this dislike for the black cat figure. Everyone complains when LEGO prints skin tones on black because it rarely (if ever) looks good, but now they want that on black cat? Plus it’s still a black jumpsuit with a fur collar. It’s like they too the PS4 version and added the collar 🤷🏼‍♂️ I personally think it looks great

8 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I don’t get this dislike for the black cat figure. Everyone complains when LEGO prints skin tones on black because it rarely (if ever) looks good, but now they want that on black cat? Plus it’s still a black jumpsuit with a fur collar. It’s like they too the PS4 version and added the collar 🤷🏼‍♂️ I personally think it looks great

People who don't like printing flesh on dark colours may not be the ones complaining

I personally am an avid comic fan and 90% of black cat's appearances have her wearing her iconic classic suit which reveals the neck

I think focusing on something so insignificant in such a groundbreaking set is pointless at this point.

We've all seen her classic design, but comics also have a tendency to give female characters very sexualized outfits. Though it's a part of her character in this instance, so is stealthiness.

It would be one thing if the fig was underwhelming, but it is quite good. I can't wait to see the rest.

The figure looks good to me. I'm just glad we're finally getting a Black Cat after going so long without one.

The Sinister Six had more line-ups than only the classic one. I think they can give us all kind of villains related in that case. 
And Black Cat couldn’t be the only female character, right? That’s not a thing Lego would do nowadays.