Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

But not the same as a person's head. Or is it?

No. Remember in the movie the head/upper chest piece is like a dome that covers Stane

I hope we get a second What If set. Given the amount of crazy concepts we may see in that show I feel lego should do more than just another Iron Man mech and some cmf figures

There's so much news!

Interesting to see they're dedicating the CMF entirely to the D+ series. Might be a nice try out, and if its succesful enough, they migh expand to Marvel movies, next time :sweet: 

The What If? Captain Britain set sounds very intruiging. Though, what is it with LEGO and mech, lately? :laugh:
The leak mentioned 'WWII Steve Rogers' but that probably won't look anything like the WWII Cap version, right? 

Regards,
Mitch

21 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Interesting to see they're dedicating the CMF entirely to the D+ series. Might be a nice try out, and if its succesful enough, they migh expand to Marvel movies, next time :sweet: 

They better not skip sets for any movies haha

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

The leak mentioned 'WWII Steve Rogers' but that probably won't look anything like the WWII Cap version, right? 

Nope, if the set is accurate to the source material Steve should look like this: 

Steve Rogers Pilots Iron Man Mark I Armor in Marvel's What If Preview

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

There's so much news!

The What If? Captain Britain set sounds very intruiging. Though, what is it with LEGO and mech, lately? :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

WWII Steve from What If...? is basically just Steve from The First Avenger but before he got the serum, he's still skinny and small, so that's why Stark gives him an Iron Man esque mech.

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, if the set is accurate to the source material Steve should look like this: 

I wonder if they’ll use mid legs for him.

2 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

I really hope they do but I honestly kinda doubt it.

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks for the reference picture! Nothing too special about his outfit, if you ask me. Wonder if his face detail will depict his skinnyness.

7 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Ha, that'd be funny (for some reason :blush:), but yeah, very accurate, I think.

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

WWII Steve from What If...? is basically just Steve from The First Avenger but before he got the serum, he's still skinny and small, so that's why Stark gives him an Iron Man esque mech.

Speaking of Stark, how big are the odds we'll also get WWII Howard Stark? That'd be very nice and surely he wouldn't differ much from his First Avenger counterpart.

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Speaking of Stark, how big are the odds we'll also get WWII Howard Stark? That'd be very nice and surely he wouldn't differ much from his First Avenger counterpart.

Regards,
Mitch

I hope in some way, shape or form, this What If...? set can deliver some extra content from The First Avenger. Dum Dum Dugan and Arnim Zola are also in the series, I'd love to see something more than just 'Hydra henchman'

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I hope in some way, shape or form, this What If...? set can deliver some extra content from The First Avenger. Dum Dum Dugan and Arnim Zola are also in the series, I'd love to see something more than just 'Hydra henchman'

Ooh, interesting prospect!

Damn, I'm getting excited from all this! :excited:
In spite of all this news, in the end I'm still more excited for the Iron Monger and Endgame sets, but all in all, Marvel will be marvelous amazing this year :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Dr Erskine will appear as well. Sets around this pricepoint usually come with 3-4 figures so it's definitely possible for one/some of these characters to be included, although the 4+ Hydra soldier is probably more likely. Fingers crossed :excited:

17 hours ago, Portal Out said:

They can be needlessly cryptic sometimes, but we love ‘em and it’s all in good fun.  I genuinely think the leakers build more anticipation from fans than any marketing campaign Lego can cook up *cough* @Ashnflash *cough*

I’ve seen leakers in other communities get huge egos and go on power trips, but that’s definitely not the case here.

...except for when it comes to this year’s Harry Potter sets.  From what I’ve heard, they’re being tortured over there XD

Are you calling me a leaker lol? I'm merely a news reporter here - never the source 😂

But in case anyone was curious the torsos are very easy to cook up. I'm not sure if anyone has shared my quick mockup. The torso took me 10 minutes, the arms were a little more challenging. So take it all with a grain of salt. I chose White Vision just because I had access to the torso printing. 

1 minute ago, Ashnflash said:

But in case anyone was curious the torsos are very easy to cook up.

Thanks for the demonstration :thumbup: In my eyes, that's the final nail in the Bucky torso "leak" coffin :classic:

13 hours ago, Bobby Drake said:

I’m no leaker or anything but I think it’s extremely likely that we will be getting a Kingpin in the Daily Bugle set. We have almost every single Spider-Man main villain in Lego form now with the confirmation of Black Cat yet still are waiting on a Comic book Electro, which might even come in the set. Kingpin also has many interactions with Daredevil and Punisher too, and with about 7 spots still left to fill, Kingpin is a very good bet. 

Repost, any thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Repost, any thoughts?

I don’t immediately think of Kingpin when I think of the Daily Bugle, but the leaks did mention a second building and it’s very characteristic of Lego to stick a character like him in a set like this.  I guess it’s possible?

Panda just gave us a full look at new Black Cat and oh my, I love her. I didn't expect dual-moulded legs and it's so great that she has them.

Can't wait to see other minfigures.

Well Black cat doesn't look that good. When it was rumored she will appear in a set I thought they'd use Marvel Superheroes 2 version of her, but they chose to make new print for some reason. For the character who's always portrayed in skintight suit with visible cleavage, Lego chose very PG look for her.

Edited by benderisgreat

Wow, not at all whay I expected but I'm totally okay with with the cmf being based on D+ shows, though now I'm concerned by how hard to find certain characters are as I assume they'll be blind bags like the Loony Toons cmf and not the blind boxes of Vidiyo. The Iron Cap set is certainly a surprise. I'll be honest, I did not expect much from What If let alone it's own set when we have actual MCU shows with big set pieces that are ripe with potential. What If just feels like a neat side thing to hold us over until the next big MCU thing and not worth much attention outside of that. Unless some of the What If characters show up in Doctor Strange 2 or something, I just don't really care all that much.

As for Mantis, without looking at my version of the previous minifig, I can't tell much of a difference. As for Black Cat, she looks good but the neck line looks terrible, that should've been skin tone, not a weird bodysuit type of thing, though given how poorly LEGO prints light colors on dark plastic, I suppose I should be glad they didn't. It would've looked horrendous.

Edited by ToaDraco

Black Cat figure images, possible Spider-man mask piece included?

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Bugle is going to be something special

How long till we see it xD

Edited by Scarilian

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Black Cat figure images, possible Spider-man mask piece included?

How long till we see it xD

It's just the printed swimming cap piece from this Peter Parker fig. She's known to lift Spidey's mask to get a kiss, though to recreate that, you want Spidey from this set.

Giggling to myself at all the people who complained at the blurry 144p Black Cat photo, and lack of printing.

Gosh I hope those legs are used on Punisher too