Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Since Cmf figures are usually highly detailed compared to regular sets, I'd guess Bucky will look better that that leak or fake leak. Maybe even print on non robotic arm?

I'm glad this would be the case, we're safe from the face printing being Poe Dameron. Haha! Hell we can even buy multiples for the CW - Bucky figure. 

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

This Mantis is horrible to look at!

Drax, is that you? :head_back:

I‘m not really surprised they‘re reusing the 2017 face print since it‘s still in circulation (2020 Bellatrix anyone?). Was hoping for a new one, but this will do, pig.

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m not really surprised they‘re reusing the 2017 face print since it‘s still in circulation (2020 Bellatrix anyone?). Was hoping for a new one, but this will do, pig.

Wow I can’t believe that movie is still being referenced, good one. I do wish they gave her a new face print since I feel like this one wasn’t great even the first time around but it’s not terrible I guess. I would still trade her for Drax

Mantis could have a cloth piece, as factory leaks like that tend to not have those. I have no real interest in the character, but that torso print could have some interesting uses.

31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I see you are a man of culture. 

As for the reasons to reuse old Mantis face I just don't get it. They remade face for Chitauri when nobody was complaining about last one, heat reuse Mantis face? The old Chitauri face was still in production too for Avengers helicopter set from December 2019 too. Lego choices just don't make sense to me.

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

I see you are a man of culture. 

As for the reasons to reuse old Mantis face I just don't get it. They remade face for Chitauri when nobody was complaining about last one, heat reuse Mantis face? The old Chitauri face was still in production too for Avengers helicopter set from December 2019 too. Lego choices just don't make sense to me.

Exactly my thoughts. That face of hers is whack. But again mediocre update is still update so thanks TLG. As I have no interest in buying the Benatar set, I'm okay with this. I'll probably get her but not to keen about it. Now let's wait to see Star Lord, Thor and Groot. 

If I'm being honest I can see Groot from IW will be reused. 

It’s crazy to me that we’re essentially getting iron monger twice this year 😅 hopefully the CMF will include the “T’Chala Star Lord” we saw in the trailer so we can get a great Chadwick Bozeman head 🤞🏼

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It is certainly a shame, but the CMF releases before their shows come out

That is true, but it's also true of pretty much every other set. 

Plus, Ronin, Kate Bishop and Ms. Marvel are all character that have had some sort of media push in the past few years (Endgame and the Avengers game). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what we're getting, I just think with a few alterations this CMF could have gone from good to great. 

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Exactly my thoughts. That face of hers is whack. But again mediocre update is still update so thanks TLG. As I have no interest in buying the Benatar set, I'm okay with this. I'll probably get her but not to keen about it. Now let's wait to see Star Lord, Thor and Groot. 

If I'm being honest I can see Groot from IW will be reused. 

I could totally see Groot getting an update like Rocket which would correct his reddish brown for a lighter colour, as it isn't accurate. Also he would look weird having the same colour as Rocket.

For Star-Lord I definitely see them using Owen's face, and with all the updated torsos we're getting he's bound to get one.

Thor will definitely be the best one, with new hair mould, new torso print and (possibly) leg printing, updated Stormbreaker and Mjölnir.

11 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

It’s crazy to me that we’re essentially getting iron monger twice this year 😅 hopefully the CMF will include the “T’Chala Star Lord” we saw in the trailer so we can get a great Chadwick Bozeman head 🤞🏼

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, that those sets will be too similar. I hope they'll be able to make them distinctive enough. 

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I could totally see Groot getting an update like Rocket which would correct his reddish brown for a lighter colour, as it isn't accurate. Also he would look weird having the same colour as Rocket.

For Star-Lord I definitely see them using Owen's face, and with all the updated torsos we're getting he's bound to get one.

Thor will definitely be the best one, with new hair mould, new torso print and (possibly) leg printing, updated Stormbreaker and Mjölnir.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, that those sets will be too similar. I hope they'll be able to make them distinctive enough. 

Honestly if we are lucky LEGO will give new Groot leg print and face print. But I’d rather have leg print and old face instead of new face,if it was up to me.

Star-Lord definitely needs  his old mask in a set, and new torso and leg print. They never gave him leg print since 2014 GoTG 1 sets. He needs brown legs printed, full stop!

As for Thor eithe new hairpiece or reuse of Aquaman hair would work. Leg print is a must too. As for Stormbreaker I hope they have a new build for it, 2018 one was terrible. Thankful someone on Instagram made cool Stormbreaker build which I copied, it was miles better than official one.

Yeah, I think leg print is needed for Groot than new face print. 

For Starlord like everyone is saying he needs to have that helmet. I do hope LEGO is kind enough though. Not feeling good about this one as well as leg printing, his legs doesn't have significant design to differentiate with others, that's why any other legs in black with printing works for him. 

Now Thor, I really want TLG to go full above and beyond with this figure. He should have hair and beard combo mold and new face printing showing his scar, different colored eyes. Full armor padding with printing in the arms. Legs should have printing too. 

Not sure why they bothered with Mantis... head is the same, torso is different but not notably better or worse - though it may actually be slightly less accurate as it includes a belt I don't think she wore :shrug_confused:

59 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

It’s crazy to me that we’re essentially getting iron monger twice this year 😅

Iron Monger Mech is 479 pieces
What If set is 369 pieces

Either they have a lot new molded pieces, license fee works differently or perhaps we'll get a big fig - either way it speaks to a different design for the mech so it's not going to be an exact copy.

Edited by Scarilian

Do you guys think Lego saw all the Disney+ shows marvel was planning and said "we can't make sets for all of these shows, how about sets for the movies and cmf series for the tv shows"

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Iron Monger Mech is 479 pieces
What If set is 369 pieces

Either they have a lot new molded pieces, license fee works differently or perhaps we'll get a big fig - either way it speaks to a different design for the mech so it's not going to be an exact copy.

I mean that's rather obvious that they won't be a copy of themselves. 

What isn't obvious is how distinctive - not in terms of size, but design - they'll be.

Yeah at a quick glance the 2 mechs look different from each other so there'll probably be very few similarities between them, and there would probably be a backlash if people see that they basically just released the same design but in olive green.

And now that I think about it, it could end up being a very good parts pack for military builders, maybe even more fictional-like such as ironpunk/dieselpunk if we get parts like an olive green ironman helmet :sweet:

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

Do you guys think Lego saw all the Disney+ shows marvel was planning and said "we can't make sets for all of these shows, how about sets for the movies and cmf series for the tv shows"

Yeah I think that's the case especially if they already had started designing the infinity saga sets. I think from next year we'll start seeing more D+ sets.

Edited by admiral_typhoon

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

One of the nice parts for me is that they probably will use part of the molding budget to give us a great wanda hair/headdress piece 

two new Wanda figs in one year! I can't believe it! im very happy!

I'm still convinced that the Bucky torso was real. In all the versions I've seen replicated, no one has been able to match the print to the lighting on the piece (The lighting overlays the print on the arm and sides of torso). So until we see the wave. I'm sticking by the fact it's a real leak.

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

Nah, I think it was more like:

"Okay guys, how big do you think of a success will those series be? Will it be enough to sell sets? Will people be intesdting in buying sets for various streaming series?"

So they decided:

"Okay, let's test the grounds. CMF would sell no matter what it's based on, so let's use it to see how bug of a success this series will be. As for the set let's make something based on the more unique series, but let's choose something that sells, like a mech"

I think they wanted to test buyers' response to those series so they know how to treat them in the future, as they obviously can't make a CMF every year.

I dunno. It can't be a minifigure helmet mold. Probably similar to Deviant monster in the set 76156 or like Stepphenwolf head mold? I dunno. A regular minifigure helmet won't really fit because it's a mech that has a human inside.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What isn't obvious is how distinctive - not in terms of size, but design - they'll be.

Head should be similar, but probably a different colour. Torso should be different design. Can see the arms and legs having a somewhat similar build :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I dunno. It can't be a minifigure helmet mold. Probably similar to Deviant monster in the set 76156 or like Stepphenwolf head mold? I dunno. A regular minifigure helmet won't really fit because it's a mech that has a human inside.

You say that, but I can easily see them using a similar concept to this where the mech head also fits over the minifigure head and then the chest sort of closes around the figure, sort of like a more refined version of this design:

183698.jpg

10 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I think chances are they avoided producing sets for the Disney+ shows because of remarks about sets not being accurate for Endgame.

It's unlikely Lego would show them a full range of locations, vehicles or options for them to choose from for the Disney+ shows and let them know how much screentime they get in the series. Chances are that Disney was only willing to provide them with the finalised design for the characters going under the viewpoint that Disney themselves, via the 'Marvel Must Haves' would be the ones to reveal the figures to prevent the new costumes/characters leaking prior. The only exception would be 'What If' as they revealed that aspect fully in trailers.

As such it simply made more sense for Lego to prioritise replicating the characters in the CMF wave than risk a potentially innacurate set or a set based off something that barely appears in the shows that nobody would really want and would wind up bricklinking the figures for :tongue:

I was comparing the images of the two armors: they have in common 2 legs, 2 arms, 1 torso and 1 head.  I don't think there are enough reasons to say that the models look alike.  The design is very different 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

They might use the head piece for Stretch in Toy Story 3?

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

They might use the head piece for Stretch in Toy Story 3?

That's decent than regular head. 

23 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

You say that, but I can easily see them using a similar concept to this where the mech head also fits over the minifigure head and then the chest sort of closes around the figure, sort of like a more refined version of this design:

Except those mechs have 4 times more pieces than this one, so it would look not only awful but also comically bad.