Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I can't be the only one that thinks this "community" of leakers and the cryptic hints they give are kind of bizarre. I've been monitoring lego leaks for years and I understand that sometimes withholding certain information is necessary, but these leakers are talking about lego products here, not classified state secrets. I should probably just stay out of it haha. 

I just did a quick check through the database, and I’m pretty sure that’s not a WS custom, at least not one someone could easily get. It’s definitely possible it’s fake though.

Edited by Brickroll

14 minutes ago, joekrell5 said:

I can't be the only one that thinks this "community" of leakers and the cryptic hints they give are kind of bizarre. I've been monitoring lego leaks for years and I understand that sometimes withholding certain information is necessary, but these leakers are talking about lego products here, not classified state secrets. I should probably just stay out of it haha. 

you learn to deal with it over time lol

Just saw the torso - if it is indeed a fake, then whoever made it was clever enough to make the arm black to confuse people.

Unless lego cheapens out on the CMF, the most appropriate colour for Bucky's arm is titanium metallic + printing, and if the budget didn't really allow for it (which could happen for a normal retail set) then black, as we see here since metallic pieces in the brick renders have a pattern/texture on them.

If it is real, then this probably confirms that we are getting a Bucky in some way in retail.

MichaelBricks is claiming it could be fake based on a comparision with a MECABRICKS render. As someone who frequently renders Lego, I really doubt that's true.
The torso isn't blurred. The matte appearance is a result of very specific rendering settings. I can say from experience that it would be near impossible to exactly replicate the exat camera settings, lighting, framing and rendering engine in order to fake this by rendering it (Epecially as we don't even know what Lego uses to render these!).

Edited by Brick Cucumber

To me this would go down as probably the oddest leak lego would have ever done if it’s legit. It’s so odd it’s worth exploring and diving deeper into it to see if it’s legit or not legit 

Looks great if it’s legit. The arm looks identical to the bricktober pack. Can sort of make out the gold pattern in the render. 

I am led to beleive it's real because of the arm printing on the far arm. Aligning that in photoshop would be very difficult to do and I said above why I beleive it can't be a custom render.

32 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

To me this would go down as probably the oddest leak lego would have ever done if it’s legit. It’s so odd it’s worth exploring and diving deeper into it to see if it’s legit or not legit 

i see what you did there.

I think this takes the cake as the wildest leak season... over 220 pages and everything is still throwing us for a loop :tongue:

I think it's clear from sources reactions that while the torso may or may not be legit, we are definitely getting Bucky. The fact they are analysing it so hard and even the comments here... they definitely know we are getting Bucky but they are unsure if this is part of the Bucky we are getting :iamded_lol:As for the arm, it is not black and it has printing, unsure why people thought the arm was black?

I feel recent remarks from sources seem to be implying that WandaVision and TF&TWS will be represented in the CMF series somehow - it's possible that one of the other Disney+ themes will be represented there also. They may not be exclusive though, the Disney+ set could admittedly still be based on WandaVision or TF&TWS with some of the figures locked into the CMF series.

With that said, Loki is still my pick for the Disney+ set. He seems like a more popular character and while we do not know much, it's likely that Heimdall and potentially Thor will be featured in some form in the show (And as such in the set) given his remarks in the trailer.

Edited by Scarilian

Not sure how it aligns with the hints given out by leakers, but I think everyone on here is too quick to dismiss Wandavision as the basis for the potential Disney+ set. I think a Vision Residence set would be both super interesting and popular, along the lines of the Big Bang Theory set or the Doctor Strange solo movie set. The decade-switching could add some fun play features as well. Alternatively, there's the armored vehicle that Monica attempts to pilot into the Hex.

The other thing that would be great about a Wandavision set would be that it would allow us to get more variants of Wanda and Vision, since the CMF would likely only include one of each. Perhaps 50s versions, or other civilian clothes variants.

I do hope that the CMF turns out to be based on the shows. As much as an MCU Legacy / Infinity Saga CMF would be a dream come true, the Disney+ shows are absolutely essential to the MCU moving forward and there are already far more important characters introduced than we could ever get minifigures from in sets alone.

So I did a little detective work of my own. On LEGO.com, if you know how to edit network requests, you can make a request to LEGO's database for any part number and get back an image and other info about that part. I did this for the Quicksilver torso, and it gave me a valid response including an image from LEGO's database of that torso: https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/element.img.lod5photo.192x192/6109626.jpg.

I tried doing the same for the Bucky torso's part number from the email, 6349172, and it returned nothing. You can even try editing the part number in the image link above, and it's says file not found. This leads me to believe that the story and torso image are both fake.

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I tried doing the same for the Bucky torso's part number from the email, 6349172, and it returned nothing. You can even try editing the part number in the image link above, and it's says file not found. This leads me to believe that the story and torso image are both fake.

Lego could have realised the mistake and made sure it wouldn't happen again.

3 minutes ago, Gjm-greeny said:

Lego could have realised the mistake and made sure it wouldn't happen again.

Certainly possible, but it's still more likely that it's a fake part number

It looks real to me but not that great of a torso likeness in some aspects. I just find it weird that theres a typo in the email: "Oh no. with my sorry," usually Lego's customer service reps' language skills and grammar are spot on.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

To add to your investigation, I remember years back when the Pirates of the Caribbean sets were coming out someone on Eurobricks requested a replacement piece from LEGO for one of the initial sets released, but what they got instead was the Maccus hammerhead headpiece from the Black Pearl set, which at that point was only a rumour as it came out months after the first wave of sets. So this type of leak directly from LEGO customer service isn't totally unheard of.

5 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

To add to your investigation, I remember years back when the Pirates of the Caribbean sets were coming out someone on Eurobricks requested a replacement piece from LEGO for one of the initial sets released, but what they got instead was the Maccus hammerhead headpiece from the Black Pearl set, which at that point was only a rumour as it came out months after the first wave of sets. So this type of leak directly from LEGO customer service isn't totally unheard of.

Wait really? This happened?

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wait really? This happened?

Tried to find the exact post but it was nearly a decade ago now. But yeah I remember someone had requested another piece entirely but when they got the Maccus headpiece instead and posted a picture here. It was our first bit of concrete proof of the Black Pearl set I believe.

29 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

So I did a little detective work of my own. On LEGO.com, if you know how to edit network requests, you can make a request to LEGO's database for any part number and get back an image and other info about that part. I did this for the Quicksilver torso, and it gave me a valid response including an image from LEGO's database of that torso: https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/element.img.lod5photo.192x192/6109626.jpg.

I agree with you with this and think it's fake but just wanted to add one thing. 

The torso might not be in the public domain to be able to be access liked that but internally for lego the part has been provided for the purpose of the request but as it hasn't appeared in any sets yet its not on the public domain for bricks and pieces 

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

The torso might not be in the public domain to be able to be access liked that but internally for lego the part has been provided for the purpose of the request but as it hasn't appeared in any sets yet its not on the public domain for bricks and pieces 

Yeah you might be right, but I still think what you're saying is unlikely. The quicksilver torso is licensed (so never available for purchase on B&P) and from a retired set, but it still existed on the server. I don't see how a regular customer service rep would have access to parts beyond what's on this server. It feels like that would be a huge security issue.

Now, if this happened as a result of a factory mistake and the person actually received the part, I could believe that.

Oh one more thing that I noticed - the image in the email is cropped differently from any torso image on LEGO's website. There is much more white around the torso in the email, but usually the images are cropped exactly around the torso. Could mean nothing but certainly not helping to prove its case :shrug_oh_well:

On the subject of US Agent, if the series follows John Walker's story appropriately, then he, as Captain America, is supposed to be reported as dead before he shows up again as US Agent. I would expect that to happen near the end of the season, if not in the last episode. Denying a US Agent fig in what is known by those willing to share doesn't really mean much, because Walker's Captain America appearance is distinct enough from his US Agent appearance that the former could still be in the mix. Until a reliable leaker says we aren't getting John Walker in any form this year, I'll hold out hope.

The torso looks real to me. If it’s fake then whoever made it did a fantastic job. 

7 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Denying a US Agent fig in what is known by those willing to share doesn't really mean much, because Walker's Captain America appearance is distinct enough from his US Agent appearance that the former could still be in the mix.

Possible series spoilers

Spoiler

Via toy leaks we have seen images of a new costume for Falcon and a Black/Red US Agent. Chances are we'd get those versions of the characters - which means if the set is based on TF&TWS it is likely based on one of the later (probably the last) episode. Similar to WandaVision I feel any potential set for these shows will be based on the final appearance of the characters.

I also just wanted to say that fake leaks are really annoying. If the Bucky torso is fake, then we wasted a lot of time while the person who created the fake leak gains attention, encouraging more people to post fake leaks.

Edited by hvader

14 minutes ago, hvader said:

I also just wanted to say that fake leaks are really annoying. If the Bucky torso is fake, then we wasted a lot of time while the person who created the fake leak gains attention, encouraging more people to post fake leaks.

That's why we don't discuss it, and instead take the attention towards things that are more legitimate - such as several sources reacting to it and saying things like "I guess the only thing we can be certain of is a new Bucky minifig is coming :laugh_hard:" which combined with the Bohner pics (Lol, Boner pics) seem to imply it's in the CMF series.

Edited by Scarilian