Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

This means it's out on HK. Yay no need to drop whopping 300 USD for characters like Daredevil and Punisher :wub:

From what LEGO has been doing, I can guarantee to you that the Daredevil minifig is gonna be like the spider-man or black panther. with no FREAKING helmet mold !  I mean, how hard it is for them to make one ?

She looks good. Hope we can someday get a figure based on her PS4 appearance, love that look :grin: As for this comic fig, I think the upcoming Sylvester figure from the Looney Tunes CMF will be very popular with people who buy the Bugle.

1 hour ago, TakeaBrick said:

From what LEGO has been doing, I can guarantee to you that the Daredevil minifig is gonna be like the spider-man or black panther. with no FREAKING helmet mold !  I mean, how hard it is for them to make one ?

Molds are very expensive and Marvel's budget isn't exactly that high so unless it's absolutely necessary they're unlikely to make a new mold. Which doesn't even matter much as, going off the videogames, BP's earpiece looks really good on Daredevil.

22 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

Ready for a different discussion?

Saw your IG post, so I guess the D+ set is Wandavision with Wanda’s finale outfit? It lines up with CM4Sci’s claim. I wonder what the other figures and the build will be.

Edited by SuperSith

YEESSS! I can't believe that after all this time we're finally getting a Black Cat minifigure.

As for @Ralph Bohner's info, that lines up perfectly with CM4Sci's and @SpiderJazz's info. But the question still stands - where?

Disney+ set or CMF seem like the likeliest options, but I wouldn't be that surprised if she turned up somewhere else. Are you going to reveal it @Ralph Bohner or is it just a tease?

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

YEESSS! I can't believe that after all this time we're finally getting a Black Cat minifigure.

As for @Ralph Bohner's info, that lines up perfectly with CM4Sci's and @SpiderJazz's info. But the question still stands - where?

Disney+ set or CMF seem like the likeliest options, but I wouldn't be that surprised if she turned up somewhere else. Are you going to reveal it @Ralph Bohner or is it just a tease?

I think the Scarlet Witch will be in the CMF

I wonder if the Black Cat minifigure would look better with the arms and legs from the CMF Series 18 Cat Costume Girl.

If Scarlet Witch is in the CMF, that would support the theory of the CMF being Disney+ based, which would line up with Falconfan implying that no Iron Man would be included in the series.

Just now, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if the Black Cat minifigure would look better with the arms and legs from the CMF Series 18 Cat Costume Girl.

If Scarlet Witch is in the CMF, that would support the theory of the CMF being Disney+ based, which would line up with Falconfan implying that no Iron Man would be included in the series.

No Iron Man? Really? Aw man! I as really looking forward to adding a suit or two to my Hall from the CMF. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Molds are very expensive and Marvel's budget isn't exactly that high so unless it's absolutely necessary they're unlikely to make a new mold. Which doesn't even matter much as, going off the videogames, BP's earpiece looks really good on Daredevil.

I think the problem here isn’t that Lego can’t seem to find room in the Marvel budget for new molds, but rather that the Marvel budget is too small to include room for relatively frequent new molds. Lego is the biggest toy company on the planet.  With the prices they charge, I think they could spare a few bucks here and there to maintain a high level of quality for their products.

I do agree that they should use the Black Panther ears for Daredevil though.  They’re more accurate to Daredevil than they are to Black Panther :laugh_hard:

Not really impressed by the black cat figure. I was expecting a more exciting torso print. No leg printing is a shame

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So you're telling me that some people were excited about a fake rumour about a single character's new helmet mould, and now they are unexcited and disappointed with the whole wave? If this is what some people call a disappointment of this scale, you're damn right I'll shame them (whatever that means in your opinion).

Yeah, maybe don't. Or you'll have a bit more trouble than a MOD popping to ask you to Knock It Off. Don't be an ass. That goes for everyone.

This has been a Peppermint PSA.

42 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Not really impressed by the black cat figure. I was expecting a more exciting torso print. No leg printing is a shame

I hope this is not a sign that we will be getting figs with no leg and arm printing where they are highly needed. 

(and the cat costume lady from the cmf is more than purrrfect for giving black cat better legs and arms)

To be fair, the design of Black Cat in the comics doesn't have a boots that is white to represent the dual molded legs from CMS 18 Lady Cat, it'll work tho. 

Black Cat figure is disappointing - I guess it makes sense to skimp on that figure in terms of printing, but that upper torso is a bit of a mess. The necklace looks like a computer 'power on' button and she lacks the revealed skin that helps define where her costume ends and where the necklace begins - instead it's all just black. So the figure has nothing really going for it in my view beyond the head sculpt and hair as the torso is not accurate :facepalm:. Kinda had hoped for something like Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - with or without the feminine torso print. Hopefully the other figures are better representative of the comic characters. Maybe we'll be lucky and the weakest figure was the one that leaked... :tongue:

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But the question still stands - where?

Hopefully CMF - I don't see a reason to include her in a Disney+ set anymore and think Loki could provide a better basis for a potential set.

25 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Hopefully CMF - I don't see a reason to include her in a Disney+ set anymore and think Loki could provide a better basis for a potential set.

Yeah, I think it's much more possible than a whole set based around it.

But if Wanda from WandaVision is in there, will the whole series be based on it? And if it is, why did they decide to make aCKF series around it instead of sets? Will we be getting a Disney+ CMF series every year or 2 years?

Ugh, so many questions. 

49 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yeah, maybe don't. Or you'll have a bit more trouble than a MOD popping to ask you to Knock It Off. Don't be an megablocks. That goes for everyone.

This has been a Peppermint PSA.

It's not like I offended anyone.

All I said was that I think it's dumb if people get excited over a rumour, and when that rumour turns out to be fake they act like it's not only Lego's fault, but it's also the end of the world and all sets are going to suck.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I'm just happy we will get her IW/EG and WandaVision finale outfit. She deserves the love. 

It seems they are finally giving her attention, and I love it. I can't believe it's been 5 years since we got a Wanda minfig.

Honestly I'm so grateful we are seeing some long wished-for minifigs such as Black Cat and Daredevil appear in this Daily Bugle set! This has reinvigorated my passion for this theme after the past 3 years of Avengers sets featuring my 507th variations of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor with 56 outriders, and Spider-Man sets featuring venomised Venom mechs starring Venom :iamded_lol:  Hope this leads to a better frequency of new characters in LEGO sets as there is still a treasure chest of untapped potential in the X-Men, Defenders, Fantastic Four - as well as Spider-Man and Avengers villains we have yet to see! 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, Ralph Bohner said:

As for the total number of figs, just know that they are making up for a series of missed opportunities. :classic:

Based on the above hint, is it possible the CMF to be What If? related. "A series of missed opportunities" is the premise of What If? after all.

Possibly the Wanda figure in her Wandavision finale outfit IF in CMF and IF its What If? based is from an episode of that where she has identical (or close to) outfit. Do we know if theres a What If? episode with her in?

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like I offended anyone.

All I said was that I think it's dumb if people get excited over a rumour, and when that rumour turns out to be fake they act like it's not only Lego's fault, but it's also the end of the world and all sets are going to suck.

I have to agree. Just one rumored helmet mold not ending up happening doesn't ruin an entire wave of sets :shrug_oh_well:

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But if Wanda from WandaVision is in there, will the whole series be based on it?

If she's thrown into the CMF series, then it's probably a Disney+ CMF Series that would most likely cover WandaVision, TF&TWS, Loki and potentially an aspect of 'What If' - with one of these getting some representation in the Disney+ set also or instead of the CMF.

11 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Based on the above hint, is it possible the CMF to be What If? related. "A series of missed opportunities" is the premise of What If? after all.

Possibly the Wanda figure in her Wandavision finale outfit IF in CMF and IF its What If? based is from an episode of that where she has identical (or close to) outfit. Do we know if theres a What If? episode with her in?

If it's based on 'What If', we don't really have much to go off as potential characters beyond these - which admittedly would make for an awesome CMF series, but I know many are only interested in the main MCU and would probably skip this series.

1. The Watcher
  2. Captain Peggy Carter (With Shield)
  3. T'Challa (With Star Lord Helmet)
  4. Zombie Cap
  5. Howard the Duck
  6. Evil Doctor Strange

Other characters are included in the trailer, but it'd be the ones with variants we'd wind up getting.

6 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

Lmao why would he need a helmet mold

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Lmao why would he need a helmet mold

Exactly, why people act like very character needs a helmet mould? A few weeks ago I remember a guy complaining that SPIDER-MAN doesn't have a helmet mould :ugh:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Guys, where are you seeing the BC minifigure? :oh:

I'm curious :blush:

Regards,
Mitch