Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Perhaps not the best way to measure it, but it was roughly a 10 day gap between the latest D2C (Discovery shuttle)'s reveal and release, so if we're looking towards a May VIP release for the Bugle then I guess we could expect the reveal towards the latter half of April.

Also if it matches with the reveal/release of the IS sets then at this point we could also be expecting some GWP to go with either the Bugle or the MCU sets?

A Marvel themed GWP would be awesome. I could see a micro scale Asgard (with the palace, rainbow bridge, Bifrost, etc) at roughly the same piece count as past Star Wars GWPs for May the 4th.

What would you guys like to see if a Marvel GWP did happen this year? An exclusive minifigure? A small vignette of something? A micro scale build?

What are the chances that the Venom minifgure pack actually releases tonight at midnight? It says it will on LEGO.com, but these minifgure packs have not had a good track record this year in terms of releasing on time.

Well well well, looks like the Cat's outta the bag...

Sorry couldn't help myself :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is already my favourite Spider Man set, swiftly overtaking the Bridge. As desperate as I am for all the informations, I'd love to hear nothing else until set photos. Every figure we hear about draws more and more discussion on the thread, but if we don't find out the remaining figures until the photos arrive, the surprise would overwhelm the entire thread

So, presumably J.J.Jameson, Spider-man, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat and I'm guessing other villains from the remarks amount Venom being 'one of the villains'. So we are already at a rough 6 characters for the D2C... which is neat. Early remarks by individuals here hinted we might get 12 characters in the D2C - so halfway there :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well well well, looks like the Cat's outta the bag...

Sorry couldn't help myself :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was kinda teased earlier in this thread, but yes, glad we got confirmation.

1 hour ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Perhaps not the best way to measure it, but it was roughly a 10 day gap between the latest D2C (Discovery shuttle)'s reveal and release, so if we're looking towards a May VIP release for the Bugle then I guess we could expect the reveal towards the latter half of April.

Also if it matches with the reveal/release of the IS sets then at this point we could also be expecting some GWP to go with either the Bugle or the MCU sets?

Shang Chi is getting a polybag. I'd expect either the D2C or the Summer Marvel sets to get a polybag also.

Personally I hope we get a polybag with purchases of the 76193: Benetar. At the moment that only has six figures, out of which only two might be unique to that set.

• Teen Groot - might be the same one as in Thor's Weapon Quest
  • Rocket Raccoon - might be the same one as in the Thor's house set
  • Thor - might be the same one as in Avengers: Endgame Final Battle
  • Chitauri - might be the same one as in Avengers: Endgame Final Battle

So the only exclusive figures in that set might end up being Mantis & Star Lord - and even they could wind up being repeats. Throwing in a polybag/promotional set that features Drax & Nebula would allow you to replicate the scene of them in the spaceship at the end of the movie and it would also help balance out that pricing - with eight figures for $149.99 instead of only 6 figures for $149.99. They could even throw Gamora in to help sweeten the deal.

Guessing the potential polybag for the D2C Daily Bugle is tricky when we don't know the figures, but it'd make the most sense to be a popular character that people want. I'd probably lean towards a character like Madame Web, Morbius, Blade or original comic inspired Nick Fury as a polybag.

Dang, the D2C seems to be shaping up to be better and better by the day! Since we know that the first half of May is fully reserved for Star Wars, I imagine the set will release on June 1, with a VIP release around May 18 with a reveal around May 10. 

I've been thinking about it, and here's what I think is a fairly plausible figure selection prediction, going off of what's confirmed, what's been rumored, what can be inferred, and perhaps just a hint of wishlisting.

1. Spider-Man (Duh. Same as 2021 figure)

2. Peter Parker (Pretty necessary for a big Daily Bugle. I really hope we finally get a new specific Peter face. I'd love a classic Ditko look, but I think it's more likely they'd do a Tom Holland face if anything, so they can get more mileage out of it.)

3. Gwen Stacy (Based on her classic appearance. Using the Incredibles "Violet" hairpiece in blonde. I doubt they'd do a new face for her, so I think Luna's from HP would be an acceptable reuse.)

4. Miles Morales (Casual. Would have a closed version of the hoodie print from his mech, and would have a (probably reused) face print and a hairpiece instead of the mask and hood.

5. J. Jonah Jameson (Obvious. Hopefully we'll get a classic suspenders look. For the face, I imagine they'll go with a Raimi-style J.K. Simmons likeness, since every version of the last 20 years has been emulating his performance.)

6. Betty Brant (Using the bob hair in dark brown. New torso print with a reused face, possibly Tina's from FB.)

7. Robbie Robertson (New face print, since no current ones fit for the grey eyebrows. Torso can be a generic suit print.)

8. Eddie Brock (Alter-egos are always great, and this one's a great fit for the Bugle. If it's classic, he'd need a new face print to be accurate. If they go with a more modern or movie-based look, I could see them reusing Poe's face from SW.)

9. Venom (Confirmed, same since 2019)

10. Doctor Octopus (Not sure on appearance. Could be 2021, could be 2019, could be new. I think they'll include him because a big octopus man climbing the Daily Bugle would help liven up the exterior.)

11. Black Cat (Confirmed)

12. Daredevil (Confirmed)

13. Punisher (Confirmed)

14. Kingpin (Bigfig, using new Thanos head and body moulds)

13 minifigs plus a bigfig seems like a bit much to hope for, but, for $300, I think it's fair to expect a good selection, at least 10-12.

8 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Dang, the D2C seems to be shaping up to be better and better by the day! Since we know that the first half of May is fully reserved for Star Wars, I imagine the set will release on June 1, with a VIP release around May 18 with a reveal around May 10. 

You forgot about the Disney d2c coming in May too 

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

You forgot about the Disney d2c coming in May too 

So there is the UCS R2 D2 May 4th

The Disney d2c somewhere in there

And then the Daily Bugle for VIPs mid May 

38 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

So there is the UCS R2 D2 May 4th

The Disney d2c somewhere in there

And then the Daily Bugle for VIPs mid May 

End of May most likely 

I hope the daily bugle fits on my shelf, something tells me it is gonna be wider than the upside down (also displayed on my shelf)

54 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

I'm hoping it's on a base plate so it will fit with the other modulars.

given its a building it has to be, a lot of baseplates are used for structures like that 

Now that the last hint was confirmed, I think it's time for some of the bigger reveals to come out.

Stay tuned tonight, I'm not fooling you.

17 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

Now that the last hint was confirmed, I think it's time for some of the bigger reveals to come out.

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

39 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

Bigger like a kingpin bigfig? Lol

42 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

It's time like these where I love this site. We're going to get some Lego leaks from Ralph Bohner. :iamded_lol:

11 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

It's time like these where I love this site. We're going to get some Lego leaks from Ralph Bohner. :iamded_lol:

I think he's shocking us with something.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope the daily bugle fits on my shelf, something tells me it is gonna be wider than the upside down (also displayed on my shelf)

I'd guess it to be a three story building at least - would'nt make sense to be two story in my view.

45 minutes ago, Ralph Bohner said:

Given the date, it's going to be tricky to determine what is real if this is not an April fools :tongue: Any idea what time?

Just now, oxy220 said:

I think he's shocking us with something.

Shocker confirmed! Plus Electro! :wink::tongue:

9 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Bigger like a kingpin bigfig? Lol

It's unlikely to be D2C Daily Bugle related, beyond text information - and I doubt it would be a 'bigger reveal' if it's just saying a few characters from the D2C. This is probably something different.

I'd expect this would be another of our mystery puzzle pieces to fully understand this year, which Falcon1414 teased. We still have an apparent Lego Disney+ Episode 9 Scarlet Witch that has yet to appear that was teased by CM4Sci... we also do not yet have clarity on what the September CMF series is based on. We don't have the number for Thor's house set yet or information about any potential similar exclusive sets.

I feel we are missing some sets, perhaps for June/August - especially with recent remarks that some of the numbers are in flux coupled with the recent info about 76198.

4 hours ago, Surge said:

What are the chances that the Venom minifgure pack actually releases tonight at midnight? It says it will on LEGO.com, but these minifgure packs have not had a good track record this year in terms of releasing on time.

I just bought 2 of them successfully so it looks like your chances are good.

We're getting Black Cat? Oh wow, this set just keeps getting better and better.

1 hour ago, Ralph Bohner said:

*huh*

1 hour ago, HarmfulEmpire said:

I just bought 2 of them successfully so it looks like your chances are good.

Whopping 14 or more minifigures. I'm happy for comic book fans. I'll get those figs that only interest me.

The new Daily Bugle sounds like the best Spider-Man set! For me, the best Spider-Man set so far is 76057 - Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle.

How do we know which posts are April Fool pranks and which aren't? These seem to good to be true, so not buying into it unless it is confirmed tomorrow :P 

6 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

How do we know which posts are April Fool pranks and which aren't? These seem to good to be true, so not buying into it unless it is confirmed tomorrow :P 

I think that among the comic posts there are posts where the truth is written.