Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Falcon fan said there are surprises to be had with that set, I hope he means moee than Punisher and Dare Devil, although those are 2 highly sought after figures in general 

Iirc, he clarified there would be more surprises besides those. 

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The earlier seasons of AoS were referenced in the MCU, like the Helicarrier in AoU for example. The later seasons definitely stray further from canon to the point where it's pretty much an alternate timeline.

Yeah, I think that AoS should be canon to a degree especially considering that without team Coulson, the Avengers wouldn't have been able to assault the Hydra base at the start of AoU. 

2 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Yeah, I think that AoS should be canon to a degree especially considering that without team Coulson, the Avengers wouldn't have been able to assault the Hydra base at the start of AoU. 

In AoS, Inhumans are common enough for a hate group to form that specifically targets them. SHIELD is rebuilt as better, stronger and larger than ever before. There's an alien attack that happens at the same time as Infinity War that's a LOT more destructive than the Q ship skirmishes. The snap isn't even acknowledged.

Seasons 1 and 2 I can see slotting into the MCU just fine. But onwards from season 3? There are just too many incredibly noteworthy things that happen which the main MCU just ignores, it simply can't be considered canonical.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

There are just too many incredibly noteworthy things that happen which the main MCU just ignores, it simply can't be considered canonical.

Season 7, Episode 13 implies that the time travel resulted in them accidentally shifting from the core timeline/world/reality/dimension into a new one. So effectively the idea is that the entire show has varying levels of connection with the MCU because they meddled with time so much it moved them to a different version. 

All they need to do is claim that the AoS universe is part of the multiverse, an alternate reality where Coulson survived his 'death' by Loki (Given they never did anything with that in the films) and I think they could incorporate it into the MCU as a nice little easter egg/cutway aspect when showing the multiverse.

If you guys had to put money on a minifigure that’s going to make it to the CMF, who would you choose? Stealth Cap with his stealth shield seems like the obvious choice. Hope we finally get some decent dual molded legs for him in the Endgame set.

49 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

If you guys had to put money on a minifigure that’s going to make it to the CMF, who would you choose? Stealth Cap with his stealth shield seems like the obvious choice. Hope we finally get some decent dual molded legs for him in the Endgame set.

Probably some variations on the core Avengers:

• Stealth Suit or 'First Avenger' outfit Captain America
  • Coronation Thor
  • Variant of the Iron Man suit, probably a colorful version like 'Disco' or heavily detailed version like 'Shades'

Personally, my main bet is comic version of Hawkeye (as seen in the spoiler tag) or Hawkeye in his Ronin outfit if the CMF series is only MCU based

Spoiler

clean.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

56 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I know we all expect MCU, and I would love to fill in a couple of slots in the Hall of Armour (Red Snapper, please please please) but honestly I’d love to see a first-appearance all-gold comics Iron Man, like what they did for Batman and Wonder Woman. Doubly so if it could also pass as Midas (Mark 21).

Jusr that we’ve heard all of nothing about golden figures in Marvel like they’re doing for Ninjago and HP.

2 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I know we all expect MCU, and I would love to fill in a couple of slots in the Hall of Armour (Red Snapper, please please please) but honestly I’d love to see a first-appearance all-gold comics Iron Man, like what they did for Batman and Wonder Woman. Doubly so if it could also pass as Midas (Mark 21).

Jusr that we’ve heard all of nothing about golden figures in Marvel like they’re doing for Ninjago and HP.

Ninjago and HP only have golden figures because of the 10th and 20th anniversary of those themes respectively. If we get golden variants of Marvel minifigures, it won’t be until next year.

Also, are we sure the CMF is MCU based? With all the love Lego is giving to the MCU through sets this year, a comic based CMF series similar to the DC one seems more appropriate.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Yeah, for Captain America, it should be none other than STRIKER Stealth Suit, it's like a needed one. 

As for Ironman, I agree with @Fenghuang0296 it needs to have a crazy mold that can be start of something new so they can reuse in regular sets, Red Snapper (Peacemaker, Southpaw) and Gamma (Striker, Fiddler) after all, it was both teased in Hall of armor set/s. Not that I'm saying it's confirmed. I would also take Mark 4 just to complete Mark 1-7 in minifigure form but if infinity saga subtheme continues I'd take an Ironman 2 set with it.

For Thor, I'll be glad to get the one with helmet from the first film.

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the cmf will surprise people 

Wow, so I assume it is known by the insiders already. Nice. I hope we can get some confirmation on how many figure there will be and if it's solid MCU or Comic or mixed bag of both.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the cmf will surprise people 

Pleasantly surprise, or unpleasantly? :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

Am I the only one who really doesn't want this theme to do anniversary figures? Unlike the 3 other themes that have celebrated their anniversaries with special figures Marvel has quite a low budget which still shows in the minifig designs we get (a lot of faces that get inaccurately reused and a consistent lack of legprinting for a lot of figs etc). Doing anniversary figs would also require new printing, which is a complete waste of budget imo.

10th anniv means golden minifigures? Or there's more to that? Quite nice, but not needed in the Marvel line IMO. If they do one for Ironman I guess it can be Mark 21 (Midas) hitting 2 birds at once. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who really doesn't want this theme to do anniversary figures? Unlike the 3 other themes that have celebrated their anniversaries with special figures Marvel has quite a low budget which still shows in the minifig designs we get (a lot of faces that get inaccurately reused and a consistent lack of legprinting for a lot of figs etc). Doing anniversary figs would also require new printing, which is a complete waste of budget imo.

I feel the same way. There no point in these golden figures. Budget would be much better spent on detailed and accurate prints for the minifigs. Just throw in printed plaque 10 years of LEGO Marvel and that’s enough.

What do we know so far about the minifigures that will be included in the daily bugle?

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

What do we know so far about the minifigures that will be included in the daily bugle?

Venom

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Venom

Ah okay I saw some talks about daredevil / punisher but I'm guessing that is just speculation.

Just now, Thieda said:

Ah okay I saw some talks about daredevil / punisher but I'm guessing that is just speculation.

Well Venom is the only confirmation, but given its the Daily Bugle, no way we miss J Jonah Jameson. Daredevil and Punisher are rumoured, but they might not be in the Daily Bugle

Oh and probably Spider Man. He might show up :laugh:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Anniversary figures are those golden ones, right? I don't really see the need in them either.
Like you, I feel they'd rather focus on improving mainstream minifigures for Marvel.

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

Hopefully we get a version of the Sinister Six in the set that includes Venom. Fingers crossed for comic variants of Electro and Lizard. Personally, I’m not sold on the Punisher rumour until I see it in the set. Daredevil maybe but Punisher seems way too violent for Lego to do.

10 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Odin, Heimdall, armoured Valkyrie, Peggy Carter, M’Baku, Queen Ramonda,

and a decent Killmonger pls. 

then you can take my money. 

56 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Hopefully we get a version of the Sinister Six in the set that includes Venom. Fingers crossed for comic variants of Electro and Lizard. Personally, I’m not sold on the Punisher rumour until I see it in the set. Daredevil maybe but Punisher seems way too violent for Lego to do.

they've done Deadpool before 

I'd be surprised if we didn't get a Mary Jane in the Bugle set. It's been a few years since we got a comic version of the character. Would love a comics-accurate Gwen Stacey too.