Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Must be me I guess but 6/21 obviously means June 2021 and not June 21st :shrug_oh_well:

where I'm from you're taught that that means the 21st of June

I mean it doesnt matter at all because they'd be released on the same month?

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean it doesnt matter at all because they'd be released on the same month?

trust me, I am happy that they are coming the first of the month instead of the 21st, but some parts of the world read things like "6/21" as month/day of month. The confusion is very understandable 

19 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

where I'm from you're taught that that means the 21st of June

I got confused too. I thought they came out on the 6th of blurgendappenber, the 21st month of the year ;)

4 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I got confused too. I thought they came out on the 6th of blurgendappenber, the 21st month of the year ;)

As I said, 6= Month 21= day of month. That is just how I was taught where I'm from. It is an understandable mix-up 

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

As I said, 6= Month 21= day of month. That is just how I was taught where I'm from. It is an understandable mix-up 

I know bud just pulling your leg. 

On 3/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, benderisgreat said:

Nice news! Both versions of Fat Thor are coming in summer sets! Now if only Drax wasn’t invisible in Benetar, it would be a perfect set!

Maybe Drax will appear in another set, encouraging people to buy more 

On 3/17/2021 at 11:17 AM, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Another LEGO Instagram account hinted that the new Black cowl could be similar to the Phoenix customs Black Panther cowl 

He also teased that the FFH Black and Red suit may be coming since a new variant of MCU Mysterio was confirmed weeks ago

I would suspect we would get that with the Spider-man wave

8 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

Maybe Drax will appear in another set, encouraging people to buy more 

I would suspect we would get that with the Spider-man wave

I hope so. I didn’t get either of the Milanos, but I do have the 2018 Benatar and managed to get the Taserface set, so Drax is actually the only Guardian I’m missing. (Though I would like a non-Quantum Realm Suit version of Nebula, too.) I thought I’d have to wait until GotG Vol 3 for both, so fingers crossed!

Hagrid scale is probably best for Kingpin, though not that mold. Also he'd need a new head size. The minifig head is too small for the Hagrid mold without the large hair/beard piece.

I have to say that after watching Falcon and Winter Soldier episode 1, I can already think of several set ideas. I think the August set is Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I have to say that after watching Falcon and Winter Soldier episode 1, I can already think of several set ideas. I think the August set is Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

If the Disney+ set is based on TF&TWS - chances are it'd be based on an episode that has more character such as Sharon Carter, Zemo, etc...

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Trailers show a lot of potential for sets. There’s truck chase scene in next episode probably where Falcon and Bucky fight flag smashers on top of cargo trucks. Could make decent set. 

Was going through the LEGO wiki and found out that there is already a big fig with a rotating head 

One of the characters from the Overwatch sets(I believe he's called Roadhog) had a removable head so LEGO may probably go with that route for Thanos 

15 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I hope so. I didn’t get either of the Milanos, but I do have the 2018 Benatar and managed to get the Taserface set, so Drax is actually the only Guardian I’m missing. (Though I would like a non-Quantum Realm Suit version of Nebula, too.) I thought I’d have to wait until GotG Vol 3 for both, so fingers crossed!

Maybe Nebula could appear in a Thor 4 set considering that the Guardians have a role in that film but her role is 50/50 considering that the Guardians roles aren't exactly known 

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Trailers show a lot of potential for sets. There’s truck chase scene in next episode probably where Falcon and Bucky fight flag smashers on top of cargo trucks. Could make decent set. 

Yeah hopefully one of these sets has US Agent. But the one show that I'm anxious to see get LEGO sets in the future is the upcoming Moon Knight show and Armor Wars

37 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

But the one show that I'm anxious to see get LEGO sets in the future is the upcoming Moon Knight show and Armor Wars

Armor Wars seems like a certainty - can give us a lot of mechs and Iron Man style suits if it is based on the comics. I expect if the Disney+ set for this year sells well, then we'll get more Disney+ sets for late 2022/2023.

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Armor Wars seems like a certainty - can give us a lot of mechs and Iron Man style suits if it is based on the comics. I expect if the Disney+ set for this year sells well, then we'll get more Disney+ sets for late 2022/2023.

Yeah, they can use this to incorporate those suits from the Hall of Armor. I wouldn't be surprised. 

1 hour ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Was going through the LEGO wiki and found out that there is already a big fig with a rotating head 

One of the characters from the Overwatch sets(I believe he's called Roadhog) had a removable head so LEGO may probably go with that route for Thanos 

Chima, Ninjago and Overwatch use the same technique for those bigfigures with rotatable heads. Minifigure heads with large mask/head piece.

It would be so friggin weird if Thanos body will have a purple MINIfigure head and he is gonna be having a head piece that will have the face design as a mask. 

I'm still leaning towards TLG copying the idea of bootleg that it'll use the same pin they are using in the connection of body/arms for big figures.

1 hour ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

Roadhog has a regular minifig head with a hair/mask piece on top, which would probably not work well on Thanos.

24 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Let's all get that Disney+ set so they can make more haha

I hope this point makes sense. For the Disney plus set let’s look at what they did for the mandalorian. First Star Wars show on Disney Plus. They picked something in the series they knew would sell regardless based on the little info they were given. Now for marvel, they know characters from each show will sell but what set will sell no matter what. So I would look for what if the safest bet with a combo of something iconic could fit a $30 price tag

Edited by Falconfan1414

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I hope this point makes sense. For the Disney plus set let’s look at what they did for the mandalorian. First Star Wars show on Disney Plus. They picked something in the series they knew would sell regardless based on the little info they were given. Now for marvel, they know characters from each show will sell but what set will sell no matter what. So I would look for what if the safest bet with a combo of something iconic could fit a $30 price tag

Let's see: 

WandaVision - nothing
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - generic helicopter/truck chase 
What If? - WWII Iron Man

Latter is most likely in my opinion. The WWII storyline with Peggy and Steve has been heavily featured in the marketing from the start and we know LEGO sure loves doing Hulkbusters or Hulkbuster-like builds.

40 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Could we see a situation like Mando where they release a huge wave of sets next year for all the shows?

Most of the D+ show characters will pop up in later movies (Wanda in Dr Strange 2, her kids will be in a Young Avengers movie someday, Sam as the new Cap will almost certainly be in a New Avengers movie, etc), but I don't see where Loki might turn up. I wonder if we'll get a Loki TV show set, while minifigs of other D+ characters will be left until their movie debuts. If nothing else, it means that the dreaded "concept art" inaccuracies of past minifigs won't happen again!

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would look for what if the safest bet with a combo of something iconic could fit a $30 price tag 

Loki then, definitely. He's been a main villain, was an incredibly popular character and the main films directly set-up his spin-off series so casual fans will be aware.

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Loki then, definitely. He's been a main villain, was an incredibly popular character and the main films directly set-up his spin-off series so casual fans will be aware.

What would the build be though? Nothing seen so far would be even remotely interesting as a set.

I'm super excited for the Daily Bugle. I hope it fits in size wise with the modular buildings (and hopefully it leads into a series of Marvel modular buildings; Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers Tower etc).

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah, LEGO loves Iron Man based sets so them not tackling Armour wars would be a surprise. Also since Ironheart is getting her own series, there's also that possibility she gets a set or fig of sorts 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, they can use this to incorporate those suits from the Hall of Armor. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Chima, Ninjago and Overwatch use the same technique for those bigfigures with rotatable heads. Minifigure heads with large mask/head piece.

It would be so friggin weird if Thanos body will have a purple MINIfigure head and he is gonna be having a head piece that will have the face design as a mask. 

I'm still leaning towards TLG copying the idea of bootleg that it'll use the same pin they are using in the connection of body/arms for big figures.

I think Armour Wars may be less about past Iron Man armours showing up and maybe more about illegal dealers or organisations trying to replicate or steal Iron Man's technology and make their own Iron Man type suits 

And about the big figs, I think if Thanos had a minifigure head or a bald head maybe he could have his helmet as a head piece 

2 hours ago, Felkin said:

Most of the D+ show characters will pop up in later movies (Wanda in Dr Strange 2, her kids will be in a Young Avengers movie someday, Sam as the new Cap will almost certainly be in a New Avengers movie, etc), but I don't see where Loki might turn up. I wonder if we'll get a Loki TV show set, while minifigs of other D+ characters will be left until their movie debuts. If nothing else, it means that the dreaded "concept art" inaccuracies of past minifigs won't happen again!

Loki doesn't seem too ripe for set potential. There's a higher chance of Falcon and the Winter Soldier having sets due to the scenarios and characters that seem set worthy

1 hour ago, Undi3sss said:

I'm super excited for the Daily Bugle. I hope it fits in size wise with the modular buildings (and hopefully it leads into a series of Marvel modular buildings; Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers Tower etc).

I thought we had a Sanctum Sanctorum. I just want a more detailed Avengers compound and maybe in the future when Marvel gives LEGO the go ahead to make X-Men and Fantastic Four sets I'd like to see modular buildings like X-Mansion, Baxter Building,etc

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

What would the build be though? Nothing seen so far would be even remotely interesting as a set.

It's Loki from an alternate 2012? So something from Asgard perhaps if that is featured. I would not be surprised if we revisit it as in the trailer Loki has the remark "Brother... Heimdall... you better be ready" and we see the Bifrost being used.

I could see a $30 set based on that: Loki, maybe throwing in Heimdall and an additional figure to tie it into the Disney+ series. Thor seems unlikely to show up, but the show could surprise us.

1 hour ago, Undi3sss said:

If we are going Comic-Inspired Marvel NYC:

• Stark Tower
  • Avengers Academy/Compound
  • Avengers Mansion
  • Sanctum Sanctorum
  • Oscorp building
  • Baxter building
  • X-Men Mansion