Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Me personally I sell every build that doesn't interest me and takes up so much space in my collection. But figures? I mean, isn't it the reason why we are buying this for collection? Probably just me but mainly I collect minifigures and never would I sell them. 

I mainly collect figures as well, when it comes to Marvel (and DC), but a lot of those are updated too, from time to time, so it makes sense to be okay with wanting to sell those, for those who do :classic: 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

I love your sign off! 
everytime i see it i say it out loud!

makes you stand out and thats a good thing @CF Mitch

Gee, thanks :purrr:

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I absolutely agree.

In my case it's not money and not space for display - it's mostly the fact that I consider these sets not only a new era for Lego Marvel, but my whole Lego collection. I just don't want to display old The Infinity Saga sets with new TIS sets, I want them all to look fresh and be more consistent.. 

Or that, of course :tongue: I do display old and new combined and don't mind it very much, unless the age difference is too large (like, for example, 90's City and 2010's City sets), but with Marvel the gap isn't that big yet.

Regards,
Mitch

Seeing this picture above, man I wish we could get Iron Patriot 2.0 make it polybag, another upcoming set with Korg or whatever it is. We need that suit.

After getting such fan favourite suits such as Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion in polybags for the video games, I've hoped for the announcement of LEGO Marvel Avengers 2, so we could get a really detailed figure we've missed. The two that have been on the forefront of my mind are Ronin and Iron Patriot MK2. As we're still missing them, I'm still holding out hope

Out of all figures, which one you wanna see?

Black Panther, want to see this new helmet piece!

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thanos. I want to see how that "rotable head" works and looks like, and if they'll do him justice this time.

I've really wondered how they would tackle a bald Thanos. Would he look like Abomination in the games with the rounded dome head, or more like an actual enlarged LEGO head. If the latter, would he have a stud on top? Would love to see what others are thinking

Edited by Quicksilver838

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I've really wondered how they would tackle a bald Thanos. Would he look like Abomination in the games with the rounded dome head, or more like an actual enlarged LEGO head. If the latter, would he have a stud on top?

I think no stud more like egg looking head. 

@Quicksilver838 - I hope you're up to something.

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

Me too. I’m really interested in what he will look like

I can’t wait. I love that character so much 

I compared it from her previous face and I can say that the eyes are the slightly the same with under the eye detailing. As for the mouth it is smirking with teeth. And detailed with dots and chin part of her neck bracket. 

On 3/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, EX0 said:

So the marvel CMF series is confirmed to be MCU based? Awesome! Kinda sad hearing that Stan Lee won’t be one of the figs.... also did we ever get confirmation of what variant of Captain America we are getting in the cap vs hydra set?

Wait seriously? Dang... it’s one of my most anticipated upcoming films, I was looking forward to some awesome unique figs.

All due respect, but I have a feeling people might take offense if LEGO put out Asian looking minifgures. With the amount of detailing on minifigure faces I would imagine there is a very fine line between caricature and actor accurate mini figures 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, BusterNut31 said:

Which upsets me because we will get more versions of figures we got in the endgame crappy wave like iron man or captain marvel.

she was passed over twice! She went up against thanos twice?!? 

we need a list of characters from these summer sets pronto!!!!! So i can rip off the bandage and dont get my hopes up. Aaargh

After the 2020 report avengers didnt make the tope selling themes.

goes to show that the enix game sets were not what fans wanted. 

WE ALL BETTER BUY THE MCU LEGACY SETS LIKE CRAZY!

Couldn’t the Captain Marvel have the Endgame costume and the Iron man Mark 85 have infinity gauntlet energy damage?

On 3/10/2021 at 7:52 AM, Brickroll said:

So the Sanctuary 2 is the 30$ set? Dang, looks like I owe my brother a dollar...

On the upside the Sanctuary II is probably screen accurate size for when it went through the quantum realm

On 3/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, benderisgreat said:

Wow, what a great wave for us MCU fans. Looks like LEGO finally listened to us! 

All sets sound awesome, here’s some of my takeaways:

- No Endgame Hawkeye or Black Widow in any sets. Probably mean we can see them in cmf. Or less likely Vormir scene( kinda dark for a set)

- Chitauri in Benetar is probably mistak, as it looks similar to Drax.

- Not sure what promobricks mean by Thanos with rotatable head. Don’t really see why Bigfig would need rotatable heads. Might be so typo on their part.

- Also a bit strange to see Black Panther in 2 Endgame sets. Might mean 2 versions, charged and normal costume.

But overall sound great! This might be a year that LEGO Marvel finally becomes great!

There is the Hawkeye show on Disney plus coming out soon. Maybe his Ronan suit will make an appearance there or in the CMF pack 

On 3/11/2021 at 7:57 AM, Guyon2002 said:

If they really need to reuse a faceprint I'd go with old Ben: 

sw0552.original.png

Aww, but he looks too kind and compassionate 

I feel like a Hawkeye show set would focus more on Kate Bishop and Hawkeye in a "modern" setting, since it was said that the ronin suit would only show up in flashback scenes - there is concept art piece for it which shows Clint in a suit similar to the CW Tanker truck set one.

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depending on the longevity of this The Infinity Saga subtheme I would also love to get remakes of some sets they did years ago. Remakes of the Malibu Mansion Attack, the original 2012 Helicarrier set or AoU's Hydra base would be incredible!

A proper mansion with some extra Iron man figures would be great

Called it that they’d fix Rocket’s fur color the second I heard the torso was gray. Gray on gray would’ve looked horrible.

i like this new version and the old versions pretty equally.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, cosmic said:

1) would you yourself be interested in such a set and 2) d you reckon such sets would sell well? My reasoning is the MCU made these characters so popular, audiences would most likely appreciate them in a different interpretation. 

Sadly, no.

26 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I feel like a Hawkeye show set would focus more on Kate Bishop and Hawkeye in a "modern" setting, since it was said that the ronin suit would only show up in flashback scenes - there is concept art piece for it which shows Clint in a suit similar to the CW Tanker truck set one.

It's set in between 2024 and 2025.

Here's hoping to obtain a Rocket figure soon. Got a chance to have a full 360 look. 

He still has the smile printing that was introduced back in GOTG 2 Rocket minifig. As expected backprinting continued design at the back showing the scarf with that has been tied. (I really wish we can add the scarf actual piece on him) 

I think if we give him dual molded arms with red, figure will be much better, any arms recommendation?

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

After getting such fan favourite suits such as Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion in polybags for the video games, I've hoped for the announcement of LEGO Marvel Avengers 2, so we could get a really detailed figure we've missed. The two that have been on the forefront of my mind are Ronin and Iron Patriot MK2. As we're still missing them, I'm still holding out hope

Black Panther, want to see this new helmet piece!

I've really wondered how they would tackle a bald Thanos. Would he look like Abomination in the games with the rounded dome head, or more like an actual enlarged LEGO head. If the latter, would he have a stud on top? Would love to see what others are thinking

I think if a LEGO Marvel Avengers 2 or Superheroes 3 happened, the exclusive figure would probably be Hawkeye as Ronin, Stealth suit Cap or maybe even somebody obscure as Ralph Bohner in his "Pietro" guise similar to how we got the Silver Centurion when LEGO Marvel's Avengers released 

I promise you guys, new Shuri minifigure won't disappoint. Lovely new minifigure.

Very anxious to see it but I'm more excited for Black Panther and Mark 3 Iron Man

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

if they won't include Quill's helmet piece

no, No, NO! I'm sorry but if they don't include Quill's helmet piece I'm going to be extremely mad. The Benatar didn't have Quill's helmet piece so this expensive one better.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Rocket leaked! It‘s a new mould without the shoulder part and it‘s indeed reddish brown with printed goggles :thumbup:

Am I the only one who liked the gray fur? It never seemed off to me. But I am happy that all you people are happy. Not a fan of the gray suit. I would've preferred an accurate color to red hair. It's crazy how Lego molded it in gray when it's clearly blue.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Good luck finding them for reasonable prices :laugh_hard: I've been trying to get my hands on some of the older sets as well and they're real expensive. 

I am just trying to find a Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack set for under $60. It retired before I budgeted out my money and it has two exclusive figures that I need. It's the last Infinity War set that I didn't get and it's so expensive on BrickLink.

44 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

A proper mansion with some extra Iron man figures would be great

I think the only way a remade Malibu Mansion would sell more is if the build itself is bigger akin to a LEGO Deathstar where it has every important aspect of the mansion, characters accurate to the scene like Tony, Maya Hanson and Pepper and several Iron Man armours that we haven't gotten yet 

Though I'd like to see a more accurate MK 42 with a better faceplate 

1 hour ago, Captain_MKA said:

All due respect, but I have a feeling people might take offense if LEGO put out Asian looking minifgures. With the amount of detailing on minifigure faces I would imagine there is a very fine line between caricature and actor accurate mini figures 

I'm Asian, and I don't take offense either way. Except if they made it yellow.

1 hour ago, Captain_MKA said:

They already did it in the past though: 

BrickLink - Minifig sw0758 : Lego Commander Sato [Star Wars:Star Wars  Rebels] - BrickLink Reference Catalog 

Personally I’m okay with Lego depicting actors as they are so if an actor is a tan Malaysian man I would want a tan figure that matches his tone. Unsure if detailing on the eyes is appropriate I could see that being viewed as excessive.

EDIT: how did I not see the figure above? That is exactly how an Asian figure should look, accurate to the skin tone, not mocking any of its features and it even includes detail on the eye without looking like a mockery. My new stance is I trust in Lego to create accurate representation.

Is Stan Lee confirmed to not be in the Series? This leaves me speculating how we would receive him if we ever did. I’d personally prefer a polybag, but I could see that having less shelf time than a set and Lego may view him as a figure many would really want, and be more inclined to release him by more expensive means. My second thought is disguised as a civilian figure. What if he’s in the Daily Bugle and its very clearly Stan Lee and the figure is listed as like “civilian” as a joke to how he has cameoed through the MCU? Unlikely I guess they’d name him but I could also see him accompanying other civilians in an expensive set. I don’t think they’d go the SDCC route because in recent years I’ve noticed our SDCC exclusives have been more variants of existing figures as opposed to lucrative characters like they did for the first 4 years. 

Edited by cosmic

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Personally I’m okay with Lego depicting actors as they are so if an actor is a tan Malaysian man I would want a tan figure that matches his tone. Unsure if detailing on the eyes is appropriate I could see that being viewed as excessive.

Is Stan Lee confirmed to not be in the Series? This leaves me speculating how we would receive him if we ever did. I’d personally prefer a polybag, but I could see that having less shelf time than a set and Lego may view him as a figure many would really want, and be more inclined to release him by more expensive means. My second thought is disguised as a civilian figure. What if he’s in the Daily Bugle and its very clearly Stan Lee and the figure is listed as like “civilian” as a joke to how he has cameoed through the MCU? Unlikely I guess they’d name him but I could also see him accompanying other civilians in an expensive set. I don’t think they’d go the SDCC route because in recent years I’vs noticed our SDCC exclusives have been more variants of existing figures as opposed to lucrative characters like they did for the first 4 years. 

I don't think anything regarding Stan has been confirmed, or disproven. It's just that some believe Lego's license might not cover his likeness. The thing is, his Watcher Informant character is already a Hot Toys figure. I don't see any issue with Lego creating one of his cameo characters, or even Stan himself. I don't know if Stan did the voice work himself in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, but at the end of the Madame Web/multiverse storyline Spidey gives Stan Lee a web-ride across New York. Here's hoping NWH gives us Madame Web.

In the Daily Bugle we could get the character Lee Kirby (an amalgamation of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby) as a fig.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They already did it in the past though: 

Certainly a far cry from this!

CBF6EAE2-EC3D-4044-88C2-99E7CF92E7D0.png

Here's hoping to obtain a Rocket figure soon. Got a chance to have a full 360 look. 

He still has the smile printing that was introduced back in GOTG 2 Rocket minifig. As expected backprinting continued design at the back showing the scarf with that has been tied. (I really wish we can add the scarf actual piece on him) 

I think if we give him dual molded arms with red, figure will be much better, any arms recommendation?

Not that they accomplish the goal of adding more red to the arms, but I think that Tony's arms from the Infinity War figure pack (dark bluish grey arms with silvery printing) and also the Mandalorian's new minifigure with arm printing (dark reddish brown base with arm prints) from this year could work well to highlight the new Rocket figure. I did some mock-ups but I don't believe i'm allowed to share them here bc of leak policy. I think Mando's arms work well though and definitely make the suit feel more detailed. 

Edited by MasterofElements

2 hours ago, HRC said:

no, No, NO! I'm sorry but if they don't include Quill's helmet piece I'm going to be extremely mad. The Benatar didn't have Quill's helmet piece so this expensive one better.

You've got a good point.  The last time LEGO included that helmet piece in a set was all the way back in 2017, so I think it's return is long overdue.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Which Summer set are y'all most excited for?

Disclaimer: Endgame Final Battle is not an acceptable answer.

The 4+ set :tongue: Jk, it‘s the Benatar. I‘m excited to see what it‘ll look like given the price point

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

CMF 

d2c

iron monger

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Iron Monger and Benatar. Daily Bugle sounds like it may be great.