Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The Benatar is basically another D2C set on top of the Bugle. Is this the best year for Lego Marvel since the theme began?

3 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So is the Marvel hype train slowing down or are we expecting any more news this week?

Slowing down. Now it's time to budget for the upcoming waves. :classic:

I wonder if the MCU Legacy & Endgame sets were meant to tie in with a Lego Avengers 2 video game (that would cover most of the infinity saga), and it got delayed due to COVID-19 and the Lego SW game getting pushed back to this year.

1 minute ago, Bricknee said:

The Benatar is basically another D2C set on top of the Bugle. Is this the best year for Lego Marvel since the theme began?

I personally think so. A D2C based on my favorite character AND seemingly accurate sets that portray awesome scenes in the MCU? Yes please 

Just now, SuperSith said:

Slowing down. Now it's time to budget for the upcoming waves. :classic:

I wonder if the MCU Legacy & Endgame sets were meant to tie in with a Lego Avengers 2 video game (that would cover most of the infinity saga), and it got delayed due to COVID-19 and the Lego SW game getting pushed back to this year.

is Lego Avengers 2 confirmed? 

13 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

No, I was just speculating.

I'd love Lego Marvel Superheroes 3 personally, I didn't like the voice over work and story structure of Lego Avengers (the story book style I mean)

26 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd love Lego Marvel Superheroes 3 personally, I didn't like the voice over work and story structure of Lego Avengers (the story book style I mean)

Yeah, I enjoyed the Marvel superheroes 1 & 2 more than the Avengers game. Those games felt like they had more passion in the development process than Avengers. 

I had hoped the Benatar would include all the Guardians of the Galaxy so now I am hoping that Drax and Gamora show up somewhere else this year (possibly the CMF)

1 minute ago, Albert with an A said:

I had hoped the Benatar would include all the Guardians of the Galaxy so now I am hoping that Drax and Gamora show up somewhere else this year (possibly the CMF)

Yeah r.i.p. secondhand prices on Drax if not. He's already worth about $30 USD on bricklink.

Wow, this sounds like an amazing wave for Lego Marvel! Talking about the sets from smallest to biggest:

-I’m not expecting too much from the 4+ Captain America set. The Hydra goon will be nice to have, but I expect Cap to be a reuse from either his recent mech or the preferably new figure that comes with the Final Battle set. I’ll definitely get it though.

-The Sanctuary II news is very... interesting. I’m not sure how they’ll be able to capture the set at a $30 size, but I look forward to seeing it. Interesting that it comes with what is presumably a new minifigure version of Thanos. It’ll be nice to get Mark 85 Iron Man in another set and I’m hoping the Captain Marvel minifig is based off of her look in Endgame.

-The Dragon Flyer set sounds cool. I may end up getting two of it to create a really cool Endgame display. I look forward to seeing the new Black Panther and Shuri minifigures.

-I’m a lot more interested in the Marvel Advent Calendar if the minifigures are MCU based like the rest of the wave. I’m hoping the “college” jacket Spider-Man is the yellow jacket he wore in Homecoming. If the figures are decent, then this will be the first year I pick up two Advent Calendars!

-The Iron Monger battle sounds great. I’m excited to get a Mark 3 Iron Man minifigure and I’m interested to see how the rest of the set turns out.

-Interested to see how the Infinity Gauntlet turns out. I can see myself picking it up if it turns out well.

-The Endgame Final Battle sounds like an amazing set. Now I am a little disappointed because I must have misread the list I was looking at earlier, because I thought it was saying the build was going to be the giant Ant-Man, rather than just the van (which I also wanted anyway), and that we’d be getting a new Ant-Man minifigure, but it’s no biggie. I also wish we could have gotten another character in place of a Black Panther repeat, but the set is so amazing that I can’t be bothered by these minor qualms. Getting new versions of the big three in one set is amazing enough, but we’re also finally getting a bald Thanos bigfig!? And on top of that, we’re also getting a new Scarlet Witch figure!? Absolutely fantastic.

-The Benatar also sounds amazing to me! I’ve been very close to buying the Infinity War version the last few months, but I’m glad I held off! This set sounds like a wide-release Marvel UCS set and I’m 110% down for that. The figure selection is pretty good, but I’m disappointed by the lack of Nebula and Drax, assuming that the last figure is indeed just a Chitauri grunt. I can understand not including Gamora, but not really the other two. Again though, this set sounds so amazing that it doesn’t bother me too much! I’ll probably end up Bricklinking past versions of any missing characters anyway.

Anywho, there’s a small list of characters that I’d still like to see:

-Black Widow

-Ronin Hawkeye

-Iron Patriot

-Valkyrie (and her Pegasus if I’m really dreaming)

-Nebula

-Slightly different versions of the Bricktober Bucky and Wong minifigures.

-Wasp

-Ant-Man minifigure as well as a brick built Giant Man.

-Another Hulk big fig.

Still, I’m still very grateful for what we’re getting as it is! I fully take back all the pessimism I had when I assumed that these were just going to be more mediocre Square Enix based sets. I can’t wait to see pictures of them and I hope to see or hear details about the CMF series and any remaining sets here soon!

11 hours ago, JaHawk2009 said:

When are all these sets out sorry? I've lost track of it all

Not related to marvel, just tips for new members.

Spoiler

New members, please read the past forums, questions were answered on previous pages. search up #legoleaks2021 for the leaked set images, falconfan1414 and the German website Promobricks are good sources too. If you don't have an Instagram account and don't want to go to Promobricks, sub to Brick Clicker (Because he's not part of Lego Ambassador Network and can report on leaked stuff).

7 hours ago, SoggyBottom17 said:

So is she (Wanda) coming?

Wanda Minifigure is not confirmed or anything, this is a person who was reliable in the past, so we are assuming it will come eventually. Don't know when or where. 

5 hours ago, hvader said:

Lego usually uses a uniform box design for sets that have similar price ranges. $10-$15 sets have small glued boxes...

It's interesting to see how conversations go on this thread. One minute people are talking about Wandavision, the next about Lego box sizes.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

fingers crossed either this Series is mixed MCU/comics or we get a second comic based series. I understand the MCU fans need to be pleased but I have hope the company won’t leave people like me in the dust... 

Cool, but sadly more people buy MCU sets. But comic fans get the Daily Bugle so if it's purchased enough Lego will listen!

Edited by HRC

23 minutes ago, HRC said:

Cool, but sadly more people buy MCU sets. But comic fans get the Daily Bugle so if it's purchased enough Lego will listen!

I mean since the inception of this theme we’ve received comic inspired sets. Mostly for Spiderman, all I’m asking is to branch out to other properties. I pose the question seriously and I hope to hear from several other users, if Lego were to make a comic wave for heroes like Thor and the Guardians such as I request, 1) would you yourself be interested in such a set and 2) d you reckon such sets would sell well? My reasoning is the MCU made these characters so popular, audiences would most likely appreciate them in a different interpretation. 

34 minutes ago, The Stud said:Anywho, there’s a small list of characters that I’d still like to see:

-Black Widow

-Ronin Hawkeye

-Iron Patriot

-Valkyrie (and her Pegasus if I’m really dreaming)

-Nebula

-Slightly different versions of the Bricktober Bucky and Wong minifigures.

-Wasp

-Ant-Man minifigure as well as a brick built Giant Man.

-Another Hulk big fig.

Widow already have an updated figure from her movie set. Though there's a significant differences in the suit, I think her being absent in the final battle is understandable, unless they are making a set BEFORE the final battle.

Ronin/Clint - like I have said before they cannot do him dirty like that. They remake the sets for a reason and he is one of the core avengers member. 

War Machine 2.0 - Personally, hoping for this character to be included in a set with Ronin, Hulk, Korg and Miek - He is one of the wow factor in the film having that cool suit for the final battle which makes me think TLG wants to capitalize that, I hope he remains to be a minifigure. 

Valkyrie - while I also love getting her with the pegasus, I don't think general public / kids is interested with her character for lego to warrant us a minifigure not unless it's Asgard centric set.

Nebula - we had her in the QR suit with an updated face. We just need her regular clothes. But I can see her being included in Gotg3 future set anyways so not a problem.

Bricktober Bucky and Wong - are perfect iterations of those minifigures, I cannot see them doing a better one and I think Bucky being in a Disney+ show is a possibility for a different set.

Wasp - definitely need a new one with arm legs and printing as the last one is very lack luster, but the fact that Antman is just microfigure her being included in the set is slim chance.

Antman - final battle includes the van, if they really wanted to have a normal minifigure of him they could have added him, I think there's not if a much difference with his AMATW suit in his EG appearance.

Hulk Big figure - I can see this still can happen same reason for Ronin, one of the core member of Avengers, he needs to be in that purple suit with burned arm detail, My only fear is they already gave us two inaccurate Hulk in the last Endgame wave so they can leave him out of this.

Just sharing my thoughts with those missing characters that we badly need.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nebula - we had her in the QR suit with an updated face. We just need her regular clothes. But I can see her being included in Gotg3 future set anyways so not a problem.

I should note that the QR Nebula we got, despite having a new face print, was missing the orange plating she had on one side of her face in the movie, so ideally a new Endgame Nebula would need yet another face print to be accurate.

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I should note that the QR Nebula we got, despite having a new face print, was missing the orange plating she had on one side of her face in the movie, so ideally a new Endgame Nebula would need yet another face print to be accurate.

But she lost it to the earlier version of herself. Did she recover that, or remake it afterwards? I cannot remember.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I mean since the inception of this theme we’ve received comic inspired sets. Mostly for Spiderman, all I’m asking is to branch out to other properties. I pose the question seriously and I hope to hear from several other users, if Lego were to make a comic wave for heroes like Thor and the Guardians such as I request, 1) would you yourself be interested in such a set and 2) d you reckon such sets would sell well? My reasoning is the MCU made these characters so popular, audiences would most likely appreciate them in a different interpretation. 

I would be interested

Probably won't sell well

Batman and Spider-Man are given cash cows, but even Superman struggles to sell from what I've heard, and at that stage he was one of the top three superhero characters. I think, don't quote me on this, that if it weren't for the MCU being as popular as it is that we'd have far fewer Marvel sets. I am very pleased we are getting the DBC D2C, but don't think LEGO will move far away from the safety of Spider-Man and the MCU

1 hour ago, HRC said:

New members, please read the past forums, questions were answered on previous pages.

I mean we have over 150 pages, you cant seriously expect them to

23 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

But she lost it to the earlier version of herself. Did she recover that, or remake it afterwards? I cannot remember.

Hmm, upon a closer look, she does not seem to have it during the battle, but has it in scenes afterwards.  The Benatar would have been a perfect set to include that variant of Nebula, but hopefully it turns up elsewhere.

Edited by spiderfan2000

On 3/10/2021 at 10:15 PM, cosmic said:

Completely agree. Its high time these claws were produced. Want them for Cheetah and Beast as well. 

some thoughts, assorted

• The new Carnage head bust is actually so well made, a part of me almost wants to buy it. I typically only go for system scaled playsets but this one really caught my eye.

• As for the Advent calendar, I’m not into these at all but hope for the ones who like these that there are some creative decisions made with the figures as these are all figures we’ve gotten before

• For the final battle I hope Thor gets a new hair mould. No existing mould really captures the style they gave him in EndGame. Wishing Captain America comes in a battle damaged suit and possibly his broken shield. Could have seen Scarlet Witch swapped with maybe Wong or Wasp with a new helmet mould. Funny Black Panther gets a new mould I think Wasp is more in need of one.

•Hoping Shuri comes with her bright chest plate and dark purple suit with that olive skirt printed on her. We already got her orange fit considering its end game I see them using her dark purple and olive green suit. I could also see her getting a new hairpiece since Shuri’s hair in the films is actually long and they gave her a short hair piece. 

• fingers crossed either this Series is mixed MCU/comics or we get a second comic based series. I understand the MCU fans need to be pleased but I have hope the company won’t leave people like me in the dust. I mean SE sets could easily be labeled comic sets and we just got comic versions of Rescue, Captain Marvel, Modok and Thor. Hopefully Lego produces more waves like that, that give comic designs in years dominated by cinematic properties. Interesting that 2020 was the first year in a decade without a Marvel movie that’s most likely why we finally got a “comics” set. 

• Dream Daily Bugle figure selection:

Spiderman, Peter Parker, J Jonah Jameson, 3 journalist figures, 1 secretary, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Lizard or Rhino big fig, (realistically we would only get 1 new big fig and that is also most likely not even on the table), Shocker, Electro, Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Punisher, Black Cat, Doc Oc (Into the Spiderverse), Kingpin (again as an option to replace Rhino/Lizard, but would honestly gladly accept two new big fig moulds), Green Goblin, Morbius, Hydro-Man

why 22 figures? Well Ninjago City had 20 figures and I’m hoping this is Marvel’s first big set with a lot of figures. If an extra building is included I also hope its a residential building with either Mary Jane’s or Peter’s apartments. 

I think expecting it to be stuffed to the brim with villains is kind of unrealistic and fan-wankery-y. It’d be cool if there were some named civilian characters, like obv JJJ but also Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Ted Hoffman, Eddie Brock, Ben Urich, and probably one or two others. If there’s any other building going along with it that could add a lot of figures too.

I just criticized the fanboying but I must admit the thought of like a Nelson and Murdock side building is so cool. But there’s no reason to think like that or expect that 😆😆 

Regardless, I kind of hope that the Daily Bugle doesn’t come with a shit ton of villains, like maybe a version of the sinister six but I’m not even asking for that many. A bunch of marvel universe civilians to populate the building could be really great and unique. 

Edited by KingSpoozle

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I pose the question seriously and I hope to hear from several other users, if Lego were to make a comic wave for heroes like Thor and the Guardians such as I request, 1) would you yourself be interested in such a set and 2) d you reckon such sets would sell well?

I would be interested in some things depending on how they tackled it. 

If it was just more of the same sort of thing as the Spider-Man waves (The DB excluded), I wouldnt care for it. Personally, I don't want to see Captain America and Drax's monster trucks. 

If it was more buildings or vehicles that are actually from the comics, then I would be into it. Asgard, the Fantasticar, things like that. I could probably come up with a fairly substantial list of things I'd like to see that would be a decent blend of locations, vehicles and mechs. 

But I think it's unlikely they sell all that well (definitely not as well as the MCU stuff). 

I assume most people who become a fan of the MCU don't then take that next step to reading comics. Using Guardians as an example, if there are two Guardians sets on shelves - one MCU, one comics, they'll probably pick up the former. Those characters are pretty much the same in name only, after all.

Although I must say some Annihilation-era Guardians sets would be cool. I don't know that I'd buy those particular sets myself (I'm rather specific with my Marvel purchases) but they would look awesome. 

Edited by SEmrys

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before but this thread is moving quickly.

the sanctuary II set, based on its price could this actually be a micro fighter scale ship? Which could then explain why thanos is a minifig and not a big fig

Edited by Seasider

19 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before but this thread is moving quickly.

the sanctuary II set, based on its price could this actually be a micro fighter scale ship? Which could then explain why thanos is a minifig and not a big fig

Maybe a little bigger than that if the sanctuary takes up all the piece count.

29 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I was wondering myself as well, though my thoughts were more on a midiscale ship, or a regular scale but with a lot of very large pieces, which might make it look rather clunky.
Well, I guess I'd buy it mainly for the minifigures anyway :tongue: :innocent2:

Regards,
Mitch

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Official pics of the Carnage bust are out. 

Decided I like it very much. Excited for it to be available in the UK