Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, legosamsonite said:

Except at most those packs only ever have 1.5 new figures, unfortunately seems very unlikely 

That's a good point. Hopefully, they change that rule and create a new pack. A small battle-pack set with a random build is not bad either. 

If one could dream, wouldn't it be great if BP in the Dragon Flyer and BP in the final battle set were a regular version and a charged up version, especially considering the new helmet? (If one could dream ofc) :laugh:

I was thinking though, wouldn't it make sense that the D+ set is FatWS in this our year of postponed sets? It was supposed to premiere before WandaVision after all and, unless something major happens in it that sets the tone for Phase 4, I can imagine Marvel being a bit more loose with making merch for it right out the gate than WV considering that show was initially supposed to tie straight into Doc Strange 2 and therefore might've been kept more under spoiler wrap a la Mando. Just a theory.

Having both of the BP suits are exactly the same as two variant of Fat Thor, Lebowski and Viking - it can be done but too good to be true.

Is there a possibility that Wanda's new costume is being included in the Endgame set? I haven't read any info ruling this out, and while obviously it wouldn't match the source material, I wonder if Lego were given enough info about the costume and knew the timing of this set, then it would make sense from a marketing point of view to have her new costume in it...? Just a thought, considering we haven't had a fig in 5 years to jump to two in one year (Endgame and WV) feels like a lot. 

Edited by PhoenixBuilder

16 minutes ago, hvader said:

That's a good point. Hopefully, they change that rule and create a new pack. A small battle-pack set with a random build is not bad either. 

1.5 new figures? no problem :tongue:

Personally picturing something like the Spider-man Far From Home pack, had three figures and some accessories

• Wanda, double sided face with new helmet piece, new torso print, dual molded arms, printed legs (Episode 9 Costume)
  • Agatha using entirely pre-existing pieces (Maybe a new Torso Piece?)
  • Vision (Repeat of Civil War figure)

For accessories: Darkhold book piece, Rabbit, Tiny buildable TV

Monica, White Vision, The Twins should all show up elsewhere in the MCU so can adapt those later
Ralph Bohner seems unlikely to be adapted
Supporting characters had fairly minor roles that would not warrant them being in the minifigure pack

6 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Is there a possibility that Wanda's new costume is being included in the Endgame set? I haven't read any info ruling this out, and while obviously it wouldn't match the source material, I wonder if Lego were given enough info about the costume and knew the timing of this set, then it would make sense from a marketing point of view to have her new costume in it...? Just a thought, considering we haven't had a fig in 5 years to jump to two in one year (Endgame and WV) feels like a lot. 

Never had a helmet piece in Endgame so would not really make sense for her to randomly gain one, though understand what you are saying. I think CM4Sci was referring specifically to a Disney+ Episode 9 WandaVision outfit/head piece.

Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Nah, too much reach. 

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

1.5 new figures? no problem :tongue:

Personally picturing something like the Spider-man Far From Home pack, had three figures and some accessories

Very true. Agatha should use CMF Bellatrix's face print though. I really want Spectral Vision so it's gonna be sad if he's not in the set, but you can't have everything. 

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

Very true. Agatha should use CMF Bellatrix's face print though. I really want Spectral Vision so it's gonna be sad if he's not in the set, but you can't have everything. 

CMF Bellatrix is really close but Agatha really needs a smug/laughing face. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

WandaVision doesn't seem to have any interesting builds to guarantee a whole set (from Lego's perspective), and definitely not over TFaTWS.

I actually can see two possibilities for regular sets: a S.W.O.R.D. rover, and Agatha's basement in the style of the first Sanctum Sanctorum set. The rover could have Vision (reuse) / White Vision (new) / Monica (new torso with S.W.O.R.D. jumpsuit print***), while the basement would have Wanda (new) / Agatha (new) / Jimmy Woo (new torso with FBI jacket print). 
***While I would like to get a new dual-sided head with blue eyes for Monica, I would accept a reuse of Maria's head, since it has only appeared in one SDCC set. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Accessory pack perhaps?

If LEGO decides to only make one regular set for Wandavision, they can still make a realistic accessory pack: If the regular set includes Wanda (new) / Vision (reuse) / Agatha (new), the accessory pack can have White Vision (new), Monica (new torso), and 1-2 other characters (maybe a repeat of Wanda and some scenery for the build). 

what box size would the endgame battle and benatar sets be?

taking in the piece count and price.

could u use other sets as examples?

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

taking in the piece count and price.

could u use other sets as examples?

Probably something similar to the Avengers Tower and Millennium Falcon boxes.

3 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

No clue, Shang Chi's cheaper set has a bigger box than the more expensive set. It's not really something we can judge at this time.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably something similar to the Avengers Tower and Millennium Falcon boxes.

I'm thinking the Endgame final battle set will have the $50 box size (the same size as Hulk Helicopter Drop and Hall of Armors), like those overpriced Star Wars sets (given its piece count. It may look like the General Grievous starfighter or the Carnotaurus set). I agree that Benatar will most likely have Millennium Falcon box size. 

Edited by hvader

10 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

No clue, Shang Chi's cheaper set has a bigger box than the more expensive set. It's not really something we can judge at this time.

I noticed that dragon uses most of the new element introduced in the police station modular building, the new water/power blast elements you can place figures on in blue and those gold rings. that could drive up the price. The dragon build is tall too so that hulk buster size box is a good fit.

The "escape from the 10 rings" set is the same price as the black widow set and the royal talon fighter so that makes sense.

In terms of boxes sizes lego are really downscaling them at the moment so I'd expect anything. Winnie the pooh box is like the $40 box size now :oh:

10 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

The "escape from the 10 rings" set is the same price as the black widow set and the royal talon fighter so that makes sense.

Lego usually uses a uniform box design for sets that have similar price ranges. $10-$15 sets have small glued boxes (Outrider attack). $20 sets have a small taped box (Cap motorcycle from Endgame). $30 sets have the longer box (Black Widow helicopter). $40 sets have a small square box (Hydro-Man). $50 sets look like regular rectangles (Hall of Armors). $60 sets are a longer version of $50 boxes (Hulk vs Thor). $70 sets are the long box (Thanos ultimate battle). $80-$90 are usually the Avengers Tower-like boxes (these are surprisingly rare for Marvel sets). $100 are usually the big square boxes (endgame compound). Above $100 is usually Millennium Falcon-sized.

Sorry for this long message but I studied Lego boxes a little too much. 

Edited by hvader

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

I'm thinking the Endgame final battle set will have the $50 box size (the same size as Hulk Helicopter Drop and Hall of Armors), like those overpriced Star Wars sets (given its piece count. It may look like the General Grievous starfighter or the Carnotaurus set). I agree that Benatar will most likely have Millennium Falcon box size. 

I Thought that with the high piece count and price the Benatar would use the usual 100 dollar box like the avengers compound battle and sanctum sanctorum showdown

The 50 dollar box is way too small if the set has a big fig , 6 mini figures and a micro fig to display at the bottom of the box. im thinking its either the thor and hulk arena clash box because it was a thick box or the airport battle set from civil war.

I Thought that with the high piece count and price the Benatar would use the usual 100 dollar box like the avengers compound battle and sanctum sanctorum showdown

The 50 dollar box is way too small if the set has a big fig , 6 mini figures and a micro fig to display at the bottom of the box. im thinking its either the thor and hulk arena clash box because it was a thick box or the airport battle set from civil war.

Well if you look at the Carnotaurus set. That had more pieces than the Endgame final battle and has a huge dinosaur, yet it still uses the $50 size, just much thicker. Anything could happen with that set but I think $50 size is likely. 

They might, since most large Marvel sets use that box size, but the box could be larger (like The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon). 

Edited by hvader

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

Lego usually uses a uniform box design for sets that have similar price ranges. $10-$15 sets have small glued boxes (Outrider attack). $20 sets have a small taped box (Cap motorcycle from Endgame). $30 sets have the longer box (Black Widow helicopter). $40 sets have a small square box (Hydro-Man). $50 sets look like regular rectangles (Hall of Armors). $60 sets are a longer version of $50 boxes. $70 sets are the long box (Thanos ultimate battle). $80-$90 are usually the Avengers Tower-like boxes. $100 are usually the big square boxes (endgame compound). Above $100 is usually Millennium Falcon-sized.

No don't be sorry this is amazing! Love the dedication.

5 minutes ago, hvader said:

Well if you look at the Carnotaurus set. That had more pieces than the Endgame final battle and has a huge dinosaur, yet it still uses the $50 size, just much thicker. Anything could happen with that set but I think $50 size is likely. 

They might, since most large Marvel sets use that box size, but the box could be larger (like The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon). 

mmm would the dimensions of the falcon box be on brickset?

5 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

No don't be sorry this is amazing! Love the dedication.

mmm would the dimensions of the falcon box be on brickset?

Just found 2015 Falcon's dimensions on brickset: 58.2 x 37.8 x 8.7 cm (22.9 x 14.9 x 3.4 in)

I collect most of my sets sealed so I study box sizes a lot to make sure I can store sets properly haha. 

Edited by hvader

I think normal set box size comes down to three factors: area required for optimum box art, net weight of all included, and space required for large parts and instructions. There are some occasions where sets get specialized box designs, like the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37.

27 minutes ago, hvader said:

Lego usually uses a uniform box design for sets that have similar price ranges. $10-$15 sets have small glued boxes (Outrider attack). $20 sets have a small taped box (Cap motorcycle from Endgame). $30 sets have the longer box (Black Widow helicopter). $40 sets have a small square box (Hydro-Man). $50 sets look like regular rectangles (Hall of Armors). $60 sets are a longer version of $50 boxes (Hulk vs Thor). $70 sets are the long box (Thanos ultimate battle). $80-$90 are usually the Avengers Tower-like boxes (these are surprisingly rare for Marvel sets). $100 are usually the big square boxes (endgame compound). Above $100 is usually Millennium Falcon-sized.

At least it was not in vain, and you helped out someone else by doing so, so kudos to you :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, hvader said:

Just found 2015 Falcon's dimensions on brickset: 58.2 x 37.8 x 8.7 cm (22.9 x 14.9 x 3.4 in)

I collect most of my sets sealed so I study box sizes a lot to make sure I can store sets properly haha. 

That makes sense

I'm pumped for the new Black Panther set. I wish they'd make the claws that he had in the video games but that's probably not going to happen. :sad:

blackpanthercinegraph.png

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm pumped for the new Black Panther set. I wish they'd make the claws that he had in the video games but that's probably not going to happen. :sad:

Completely agree. Its high time these claws were produced. Want them for Cheetah and Beast as well. 

some thoughts, assorted

• The new Carnage head bust is actually so well made, a part of me almost wants to buy it. I typically only go for system scaled playsets but this one really caught my eye.

• As for the Advent calendar, I’m not into these at all but hope for the ones who like these that there are some creative decisions made with the figures as these are all figures we’ve gotten before

• For the final battle I hope Thor gets a new hair mould. No existing mould really captures the style they gave him in EndGame. Wishing Captain America comes in a battle damaged suit and possibly his broken shield. Could have seen Scarlet Witch swapped with maybe Wong or Wasp with a new helmet mould. Funny Black Panther gets a new mould I think Wasp is more in need of one.

•Hoping Shuri comes with her bright chest plate and dark purple suit with that olive skirt printed on her. We already got her orange fit considering its end game I see them using her dark purple and olive green suit. I could also see her getting a new hairpiece since Shuri’s hair in the films is actually long and they gave her a short hair piece. 

• fingers crossed either this Series is mixed MCU/comics or we get a second comic based series. I understand the MCU fans need to be pleased but I have hope the company won’t leave people like me in the dust. I mean SE sets could easily be labeled comic sets and we just got comic versions of Rescue, Captain Marvel, Modok and Thor. Hopefully Lego produces more waves like that, that give comic designs in years dominated by cinematic properties. Interesting that 2020 was the first year in a decade without a Marvel movie that’s most likely why we finally got a “comics” set. 

• Dream Daily Bugle figure selection:

Spiderman, Peter Parker, J Jonah Jameson, 3 journalist figures, 1 secretary, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson, Lizard or Rhino big fig, (realistically we would only get 1 new big fig and that is also most likely not even on the table), Shocker, Electro, Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Punisher, Black Cat, Doc Oc (Into the Spiderverse), Kingpin (again as an option to replace Rhino/Lizard, but would honestly gladly accept two new big fig moulds), Green Goblin, Morbius, Hydro-Man

why 22 figures? Well Ninjago City had 20 figures and I’m hoping this is Marvel’s first big set with a lot of figures. If an extra building is included I also hope its a residential building with either Mary Jane’s or Peter’s apartments. 

Edited by cosmic