Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe we get Stan Lee as a janitor or a hot dog street seller.

That would be really cool, but if they where to include Stan Lee I think it would either be a statue or just in his regular clothes.

Just now, Thieda said:

That would be really cool, but if they where to include Stan Lee I think it would either be a statue or just in his regular clothes.

With regular clothes you mean how he looks in Lego Marvel, right?

Just now, Trainfan20 said:

Is the Daily Bugle on a regular baseplate or is it just speculation at this point?

I would expect it to be a regular baseplate.

Just now, PGBQW said:

With regular clothes you mean how he looks in Lego Marvel, right?

Yep

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

You do realize Stan Lee isn’t Marvel character? His likeness isn’t owned by Disney, but rather his estate. LEGO would have to make separate deal to include him in a set or Cmf. And we don’t know if his family wants someone to use his likeness.

1 minute ago, Cmf6169 said:

does she has the same accessories as the old one?

She doesn't have any accesories in the picture I saw. But judging lego if she's included in the Dragon Flyer set (which already have a new Black Panther cowl mold) I cannot see them doing a new mold for her also, probably just the old one. 

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

You do realize Stan Lee isn’t Marvel character? His likeness isn’t owned by Disney, but rather his estate. LEGO would have to make separate deal to include him in a set or Cmf. And we don’t know if his family wants someone to use his likeness.

Then we can get Ltan See, his long lost twin brother

Just now, Thieda said:

Are you guys more hyped for the legacy sets or the daily bugle D2C?

No brainer question for me, hype for Endgame sets yet alone is superb, with Legacy throwback sets.. bruh! MCU all day everyday.

2 minutes ago, Thieda said:

D2C, since I'm not a huge MCU fan, but I really really like Spidey

Edit:

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

No brainer question for me, hype for Endgame sets yet alone is superb, with Legacy throwback sets.. bruh! MCU all day everyday.

The dualty of men

Edited by PGBQW

4 minutes ago, Thieda said:

D2c, even though I’m a big MCU set fan and have never bought a comic set.

Edited by SoggyBottom17

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I only buy MCU sets so it's Legacy for me.

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Both! But the thought of getting more MCU stuff is exciting.

27 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

That will be awesome!!!

14 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Marvel should have at least some rights to his likeness, as he has been depicted in Marvel cartoons, the comics themselves (ever heard of Stan Lee's Soap Box?), and pictures of him were Easter eggs in the all the Netflix Marvel series. Honoring Stan in minifig form should be a quite appropriate usage of any rights retained by Marvel.

25 minutes ago, Thieda said:

MCU all the way! Im more hyped for that as im keen to add them to my collection!

but i love playsets so im keen to see the bugle. Too expensive though.

29 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Face is so good, dotted lines as well as the neck brace - chin part (because we all know they can't do printing in the neck) she is smirking, torso is detailed as well using two types or blue. Only gripe I have is the skin color. I mean Shuri should be lighter shade of brown not dark. 

That sound so good amazing!

I agree with skin tone tho - her hair is clearly dark brown, which is darker than her skin tone.

17 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Of course Legacy. The thought of getting sets from The Infinity Saga again is one of the best feelings I've felt this year. 

I'm excited to see the D2C, but it would have to be the best Marvel set ever to even make me consider buying it - I buy only MCU sets, not to mention that I don't really buy big sets at all.

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Im excited for everything marvel is getting this year. Everything will satisfy the fans

I always trust you with this reaction you have with overall wave. I hope we can get more information about the figures included in the set.

4 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPaU7lrKbG/?igshid=30hjgw763sn4

i think the small cap set will use this bike from the first cap film.

just like the 2012 avenger set. Cap and his bike with two hydra soldiers and maybe a missile launcher.

That's gonna be sick! And you think Red Skull will be included?

55 minutes ago, SoggyBottom17 said:

No, but I’m guessing it will be 16+ minifigures, which is great.

If we get 16 figure (I think it's more likely we will get 10 like the Ghostbusters Firehouse), then here is my selection:

1. Venom (Confirmed Figure)
  2. Spider-man (Necessary for a D2C Spider-man set)
  3. J.J.Jameson (Necessary for a D2C Daily Bugle set)
  4. Robbie Robertson (Daily Bugle Employee)
  5. Peter Parker (Daily Bugle Employee/Alter-Ego of Spider-man)
  6. Eddie Brock (Daily Bugle Employee/Alter-Ego of Venom)
  7. Betty Brant (Daily Bugle Employee)
  8. Mary Jane (Love Interest of Spider-man)
  9. Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
  10. Mysterio (Sinister Six)
  11. Electro (Sinister Six)
  12. Vulture (Sinister Six)
  13. Sandman (Sinister Six)
  14. Kraven (Sinister Six)
  15. Daredevil
  16. Black Cat
43 minutes ago, Thieda said:

I thought it would take a long time to get the Mark 3 and potentially an Obadiah Stane figure, so I've already got versions of them via Aliexpress :tongue: Same goes for quite a few of the Endgame characters - though I expect Lego will do a better job filling out the roster. I'm more hyped for the Legacy sets because it gives them the chance to improve or revisit what they were unable or unwilling to do prior. I'm more hyped for the legacy sets at the moment - the D2C just does not grab me as much knowing it's comic based, could still surprise me though.

Edited by Scarilian

13 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPaU7lrKbG/?igshid=30hjgw763sn4

i think the small cap set will use this bike from the first cap film.

just like the 2012 avenger set. Cap and his bike with two hydra soldiers and maybe a missile launcher.

I think a lot of people are expecting too much from this 4+ set. There has never been a $10 4+ set with more than 2 figs, and I don’t see a particular reason that this set would break that trend. Now that you bring up the bike, however, I could see it using the frame pieces from this set: https://brickset.com/sets/76172-1/Spider-Man-and-Sandman-Showdown, maybe in dark blue with some red parts to make a bike, and a small build for hydra, like Sandman’s catapult.

29 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Marvel should have at least some rights to his likeness, as he has been depicted in Marvel cartoons, the comics themselves (ever heard of Stan Lee's Soap Box?), and pictures of him were Easter eggs in the all the Netflix Marvel series. Honoring Stan in minifig form should be a quite appropriate usage of any rights retained by Marvel.

He has his own character in the marvel superheroes games as well. 

my hypeness is for the d2c btw

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

If we get 16 figure (I think it's more likely we will get 10 like the Ghostbusters Firehouse), then here is my selection:

1. Venom (Confirmed Figure)
  2. Spider-man (Necessary for a D2C Spider-man set)
  3. J.J.Jameson (Necessary for a D2C Daily Bugle set)
  4. Robbie Robertson (Daily Bugle Employee)
  5. Peter Parker (Daily Bugle Employee)
  6. Eddie Brock (Daily Bugle Employee)
  7. Betty Brant (Daily Bugle Employee)
  8. Mary Jane (Love Interest of Spider-man)
  9. Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six)
  10. Mysterio (Sinister Six)
  11. Electro (Sinister Six)
  12. Vulture (Sinister Six)
  13. Sandman (Sinister Six)
  14. Kraven (Sinister Six)
  15. Daredevil
  16. Black Cat

I thought it would take a long time to get the Mark 3 and potentially an Obadiah Stane figure, so I've already got versions of them via Aliexpress :tongue: Same goes for quite a few of the Endgame characters - though I expect Lego will do a better job filling out the roster. I'm more hyped for the Legacy sets because it gives them the chance to improve or revisit what they were unable or unwilling to do prior. I'm more hyped for the legacy sets at the moment - the D2C just does not grab me as much knowing it's comic based, could still surprise me though.

I think the question regarding number of minifigures is in reference to the CMF series, not the D2C set? As cool as that would be!