Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

If it’s nothing without the figs then it shouldn’t be a set.

By that logic, every Spider-vehicle set shouldn’t exist haha. I still think a  UCS Avengers Tower or Sanctum Santorum are the safest bets for the D2C. Asgard would be awesome but the amount of recoloured gold and translucent pieces required for the palace and Rainbow Bridge respectively makes it a bit unfeasible.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be fair though, there are a ton of sets that would've been really lame without the included figures :tongue: 

Hall of Armours with no Armours :devil:

Thank goodness the Mandarin buggy had figures, completely saved that set :laugh::laugh:

This was discussed a long time ago but remember Lego Marvel has a history of making sets with no villains (D2C Helicarrier and D2C Hulkbuster). While it certainly seems to be the exception rather than the rule (also the examples I gave are all D2Cs) but we're not guaranteed to have a Benatar set with villains, especially since it may not contain a bigfig.

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

This was discussed a long time ago but remember Lego Marvel has a history of making sets with no villains (D2C Helicarrier and D2C Hulkbuster). While it certainly seems to be the exception rather than the rule (also the examples I gave are all D2Cs) but we're not guaranteed to have a Benatar set with villains, especially since it may not contain a bigfig.

I don't think Benatar will have any villains save for maybe a throwaway outrider/chiutari to shoot at,

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

Just a couple of examples; Civil War airport, tanker truck & BP jet (cheeky but there aren't any actual villains), Doctor Strange Sanctum Sanctorum (Mordo isn't a villain yet), Milano Vs Abilisk (even cheekier if you don't count Nebula), IWs Thor's Weapon Quest and Captain Marvel's Quinjet (technically...)

But I do agree, they'd probably throw one of the Black Order, or a couple of <faceless alien drone>s

This is a bit of an out there theory but if we are getting a daily bugle set and its focused around spider man, We could see a big fig king pin. This would allow Lego to make a new bald big fig and then they could reuse it for the end game thanos. 

2 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

This is a bit of an out there theory but if we are getting a daily bugle set and its focused around spider man, We could see a big fig king pin. This would allow Lego to make a new bald big fig and then they could reuse it for the end game thanos. 

Kingpin wears a suit while Thanos wears an armor. I don’t see a reuse of the mold here

2 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

This would allow Lego to make a new bald big fig and then they could reuse it for the end game thanos. 

Would Lego not have just straight up made a big fig for Endgame Thanos if they wanted to? It was one of the biggest films of all time - surely if anything justifies having new moulds it's characters from that. They shouldn't need to be backdooring it from more obscure characters in the same theme.

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Would Lego not have just straight up made a big fig for Endgame Thanos if they wanted to? It was one of the biggest films of all time - surely if anything justifies having new moulds it's characters from that. They shouldn't need to be backdooring it from more obscure characters in the same theme.

Honestly it’s just weird at this point there’s not bald Thanos. I have actually come across a custom website that sells one for like a dollar, and it’s odd that that company could make one but not LEGO.

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Kingpin wears a suit while Thanos wears an armor. I don’t see a reuse of the mold here

Yeah you make a good point actually, I was picturing IW Thanos without the armour. 

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I would agree with you but looking at Lego’s previous end game wave they cheaped out big time with the Thanos. I’m not sure how they budget things but I could just see them splashing out on a d2c so they don’t have to on regular sets. However you’re probably right, I was just speculating. 

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Honestly it’s just weird at this point there’s not bald Thanos. I have actually come across a custom website that sells one for like a dollar, and it’s odd that that company could make one but not LEGO.

I obviously don't pay enough attention to Marvel, because I thought Thanos was bald all along anyway. :pir-laugh:

21 minutes ago, hvader said:

If it’s Infinity War Thanos it would be more accurate than what we got in that set with the collar and helmet. He was half undressed inthe set when in the movie he was just wearing a vest.

Kingpin and IW Thanos could happen and the Daredevil tease in the Sanctum Santorum set could’ve been a hint at this.

Edited by doclord

Hi all. Been a Silent reader.

I haven’t bought a marvel set in two years now. The last set that I bought was the sanctum from infinity war.

personally I think the sets are getting more and more garbage and aimed more for kids.

for example, I was watching Jangbricks review on the spider lair set thingy and it was just so bland, the only fig I want is the Ben Reilly suit but I’m not even desperate for it, it’s like if I had to pick one. Am I the only one who feels like this?

3 minutes ago, MikeOxlong said:

Hi all. Been a Silent reader.

I haven’t bought a marvel set in two years now. The last set that I bought was the sanctum from infinity war.

personally I think the sets are getting more and more garbage and aimed more for kids.

for example, I was watching Jangbricks review on the spider lair set thingy and it was just so bland, the only fig I want is the Ben Reilly suit but I’m not even desperate for it, it’s like if I had to pick one. Am I the only one who feels like this?

how did you get on here with that username? lol and most people feel like this 

Just now, MikeOxlong said:

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Nope, I feel the same way. The existence of Spidey's monster truck definitely killed a lot of my hype for the future of Marvel sets, as well as DC.

I think the new sets sound very promising, though.

30 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

When LEGO made the Quantum Realm Hulk, they made a new mold with a plain torso and generic hair that could be repainted for a number of characters (I could easily see Solomon Grundy if LEGO DC sorts it's &£@# out)

I suppose that would work if they made a blank new mold, though I would LOVE to see @Ashnflashs take of using Hagrid's new body. I'd like to see it for Thanos though, his shoulder pads make maneuverability really annoying

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

how did you get on here with that username?

Guess Oxmaul was taken

I agree too for the Spidey/some of the Square Enix sets because they're mostly random nonsense that reuse 85% of the same figures. The only sets I've liked in the last year have been the Hulkbuster, Avengers Tower and Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider

35 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

Maybe, but I feel like Kingpin wouldn't really fit in a Daily Bugle set unless Daredevil is also there. But then again, they put Doctor Doom and Beetle in the 2013 one so what do I know.

Personally, I'd love to see Electro in his classic costume.

1 minute ago, scoober boo said:

Maybe, but I feel like Kingpin wouldn't really fit in a Daily Bugle set unless Daredevil is also there. But then again, they put Doctor Doom and Beetle in the 2013 one so what do I know.

That one was based on the Ultimate Spider Man cartoon, so the characters make sense. What wouldn't make sense is LEGO accurately thinking I'd pay £300 for Daredevil and Kingpin

Thoughts on the new info

• Didn’t think Black Panther needed a new mould but I’m not mad at it. Really lost as to what they’re going to do.

• The $150 set is the Infinity War GotG ship. I believe this is the D2C? Honestly the cinematic costumes for Gamora and Drax bore the living hell out of me. The ship was an indistinguishable silhouette in space as my mind was focused on the plot but I assume its significance will increase as its used more in the MCU. The design is not really that far off from the Milano from previous films but it is noticeably different, not interested in the least but I mean someone will enjoy it.

• Infinity War final battle should hopefully bring some portals. Recreating the moment all the heroes barged in is so epic. Gonna bet some of the alien ships Thanos brought are going to be included.

• 76191 is described as an Infinity Marvel playset. Curious to see if it connects to the final battle for Endgame as the user who uploaded the info to instagram also referred to the Endgame Final Battle as “Infinity Marvel”. Could be Infinity War but he did use the phrase for the endgame set too. We’ll see 

• Iron Monger - Finally! I don’t even want this set but for some reason really wanted to see it made as that was the most obvious choice for a build from that first movie. Fans will love this I think.

With all these MCU sets I hope the comic series is not MCU based. Reading lists of fans who wanted MCU cmf series and almost every figure on that list has already been released in some ways really killed my spirit. I wanted new characters! Well hopefully you all enjoy your Iron Man variants in the sets because I still believe comic designs are whats truly lacking for most heroes and they would be the most appealing in CMF form. 

You know at this point I want comic CMFs too just because I would hate for WandaVision figs to become cmf figs 

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Thoughts on the new info

• Didn’t think Black Panther needed a new mould but I’m not mad at it. Really lost as to what they’re going to do.

• The $150 set is the Infinity War GotG ship. I believe this is the D2C? Honestly the cinematic costumes for Gamora and Drax bore the living hell out of me. The ship was an indistinguishable silhouette in space as my mind was focused on the plot but I assume its significance will increase as its used more in the MCU. The design is not really that far off from the Milano from previous films but it is noticeably different, not interested in the least but I mean someone will enjoy it.

• Infinity War final battle should hopefully bring some portals. Recreating the moment all the heroes barged in is so epic. Gonna bet some of the alien ships Thanos brought are going to be included.

• 76191 is described as an Infinity Marvel playset. Curious to see if it connects to the final battle for Endgame as the user who uploaded the info to instagram also referred to the Endgame Final Battle as “Infinity Marvel”. Could be Infinity War but he did use the phrase for the endgame set too. We’ll see 

• Iron Monger - Finally! I don’t even want this set but for some reason really wanted to see it made as that was the most obvious choice for a build from that first movie. Fans will love this I think.

With all these MCU sets I hope the comic series is not MCU based. Reading lists of fans who wanted MCU cmf series and almost every figure on that list has already been released in some ways really killed my spirit. I wanted new characters! Well hopefully you all enjoy your Iron Man variants in the sets because I still believe comic designs are whats truly lacking for most heroes and they would be the most appealing in CMF form. 

there has been a lot of confusion around this so here it is: that $150 set is NOT the D2C. The D2C is $300 with a completely different set number.

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

You know at this point I want comic CMFs too just because I would hate for WandaVision figs to become cmf figs 

Why would you hate that though? If they're not in the CMF we're unlikely to get them at all.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why would you hate that though? If they're not in the CMF we're unlikely to get them at all.

I guess I shouldn't say "hate" but rather, "I don't prefer that over the other possible ways of getting those figures." I hope I don't sound crazy here, but I tend to feel that CMFs are expensive ($5 per figure is not cheap), and blind bags don't guarantee to get your favorite character on the first try (if Lego does blind boxes that's even worse). I love CMFs for giving us missing variants or variants that may unlikely be in sets (like I would love MCU Odin or Peggy Carter). However, with something like WandaVision where they can do a set or a minifig pack I would rather have that (cheaper overall as a $15 minifig pack can give you 4 figures and a small build). I also think that given the number of characters we want in WandaVision, a CMF may not give us all of them (for example Agatha and Spectral Vision may be missing). So at the end of the day, between not getting them and getting them in CMF I would prefer CMF. Between CMF and the actual set/minifig pack, I would prefer the latter. Hope that clears it up. 

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

I guess I shouldn't say "hate" but rather, "I don't prefer that over the other possible ways of getting those figures." I hope I don't sound crazy here, but I tend to feel that CMFs are expensive ($5 per figure is not cheap), and blind bags don't guarantee to get your favorite character on the first try (if Lego does blind boxes that's even worse). I love CMFs for giving us missing variants or variants that may unlikely be in sets (like I would love MCU Odin or Peggy Carter). However, with something like WandaVision where they can do a set or a minifig pack I would rather have that (cheaper overall as a $15 minifig pack can give you 4 figures and a small build). I also think that given the number of characters we want in WandaVision, a CMF may not give us all of them (for example Agatha and Spectral Vision may be missing). So at the end of the day, between not getting them and getting them in CMF I would prefer CMF. Between CMF and the actual set/minifig pack, I would prefer the latter. Hope that clears it up. 

I completely agree with this, I also can’t see a character like Agatha turning up for a while in the mcu as the majority of villains haven’t recurred so it would be a long time before we get another chance of getting her (maybe in dr strange 2 but that movie seems packed as it is so I think it’s unlikely) unless there’s a set/minifig pack soon.

39 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Thoughts on the new info

I agree with you on the comic series. I want them to be separate from MCU sets so we can get something different.