Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Lmao, of course y'all are getting disappointed, you had unrealistic expectations regarding this set.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Lmao, of course y'all are getting disappointed, you had unrealistic expectations regarding this set.

We should totally have expected the set to be based on a random car chase - in a movie with ancient ninjas flying military helicopters, ancient villages and temples, martial arts tournaments, dragons, etc... totally makes sense to make the second set based around a car /s :roflmao:

Alternatively it's a really odd choice for a set with two figures re-used and a build that is not particularly unique - maybe having a set that includes a Dragon might have given people hope the other set would be something other than a Car... I sorta doubt people are going to finish watching Shang Chi and remember the car chase above every other aspect of the movie they could possibly have made sets of.

Edited by Scarilian

Looks like a neat little set but I'm definitely disappointed. Not because it's a bad set but because this is the 1st martial arts movie we're getting and the other set has an amazing dragon, for them to give us an overglorified City set after that is a bit underwhelming. I'll likely still pick it up though.

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

We should totally have expected the set to be based on a random car chase - in a movie with ancient ninjas flying military helicopters, ancient villages and temples, martial arts tournaments, dragons, etc... totally makes sense to make the second set based around a car /s :roflmao:

I mean just by the comments on this forum the expectations weren't exactly low

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean just by the comments on this forum the expectations weren't exactly low

Well, when one set is an amazing-looking dragon, it’s hard not be let down by a set depicting a mundane chase scene involving generic cars and bikes :tongue: It’s by no means a bad set, but it’s no match for the other one

Well, this set is okay. I expected it to be more unique and Asian like the first one, but well... From what I can tell minfigures are great, I'm glad that Wenwu also appears in a smaller set. Rest of the minfigures will definitely be really cool too.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Unrealistic expectations? What? Point one person who had "unrealistic" expectations regarding those sets.

After the first set, which was so unique and connected with Asian culture, people just didn't expect it to be a set with a car and 2 motorcycles.

8 hours ago, doclord said:

Honestly, I think that if Fin Fang Foom is in the movie with his comics design he'll be a big fanservice secret. I have a feeling that the second set isn't actually screen-accurate (especially them all having a fight while a big dragon hangs out) and may be something they whipped up based on concept art.

Thats a good point

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'd love to see if someone could make version of the set in a green/purple/black colour scheme

That would be amazing

21 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's a legacy wave, but the 10th anniversary of Avengers and of Lego MCU is not until next year.

20 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Collectable figures are not gonna be there, mainly for 2 reasons: it's not an anniversary of the theme (there were 3 special figures in Lego's recent history - Star Wars, Ninjago and Harry Potter - for 20, 10 and 29 years respectively), which means no special figures.

You both have a point, thanks!

Regarding the Shang-chi set, after three very cosmic Eternals sets and one very mythological Shang-chi set, we were just unaccustomed to the standarts of before: mundane vehicles and bikes. Oddly, 3 of the 5 minifigs are repeats (Shang-chi, Wenwu and Morris), which really detracts the appeal of this set.

4 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Anyone know when we’re going to get more set info?

Well it depends. It could be today, tomorrow, in 10 days, or in a month.

I suppose after getting set names for some of the sets, it'll be sooner than later - not to mention that those sets are coming in less than 3 months.

15 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Regarding the Shang-chi set, after three very cosmic Eternals sets and one very mythological Shang-chi set, we were just unaccustomed to the standarts of before: mundane vehicles and bikes. Oddly, 3 of the 5 minifigs are repeats (Shang-chi, Wenwu and Morris), which really detracts the appeal of this set.

I mean Morris is not really a minfigure, he's basically a nice bonus to throw in those sets.

We have 2 sets, and 6 unique minfigures - not really a bad number tbh.

I wonder if (as someone already pointed out) only five rings being included in the sets so far implies there's another set.

Just now, Legofania said:

Wonder what ship it might be if not Milano

Isn't that kinda obvious? If it's not the Milano it's the Benatar. 

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Wonder what ship it might be if not Milano

Maybe statesman ? 

never mind, that’s Thor Ragnarok

Edited by namioik

We got The Benatar not that long ago though.

Could it be The Ravager ship from Vol 2?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Isn't that kinda obvious? If it's not the Milano it's the Benatar. 

Oh, I forgot there was another ship

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

I don't think it was Guardians ship

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Oh, I forgot there was another ship

I don't think it was Guardians ship

Well Yondu was a guardian and Rocket and Groot did fly it

2 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

We got The Benatar not that long ago though.

Thats what I thought!

Falcon just posted an image of the Benatar scene from Endgame when Cap. Marvel and the other remaining Avengers attacked Thanos' farm. Could be another endgame set?  Edit: ninja'd

Edited by MasterofElements
Didn't see the post above - sorry!

What about that dark star ship. The one that crashed into Xandar at the end of Guardians of the galaxy 1

ALSO WHEN THE INFO SAYS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY DOES IT REFER TO THE FILM OR THE SHIP OF THE GUARDIANS FROM EG. INFINITY WAR OR ENDGAME OR GUARDIANS VOL 2

so we are getting 2 final battle sets and I am assuming they connect together in some fashion. They are labeled as "infinity final battle" but I guess it should say endgame? idk

So, we now have all summers sets . This still sounds unbelievable. Like too good to be true!!! New Benetar would be awesome for 150$, and we can get all avengers in their suits in the set!