Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, SoggyBottom17 said:

The other Shang Chi set has leaked

Getting some 2008 Speed Racer vibes. Probably a pass for me unless the figs are good or there's a new bike piece or something.

Im not gonna lie, that second Shang Chi set is disappointing....especially after how awesome that first one that leaked was. **Sigh** well 1/2 ain't bad 

I'm gutted the second Shang Chi set doesnt include Fin Fang Foom. At least we are getting 1 dragon in the other set. Just wish we were getting Fin Fang Foom.

1 minute ago, JediJosh said:

I'm gutted the second Shang Chi set doesnt include Fin Fang Foom. At least we are getting 1 dragon in the other set. Just wish we were getting Fin Fang Foom.

is it possible that that is Fin Fang Foom? 

2 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I mean, we don't know if that's Fin Fang Foom or not, absolutely could be. Considering the overhaul Mandarin is getting.

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

3 minutes ago, doclord said:

I mean, we don't know if that's Fin Fang Foom or not, absolutely could be. Considering the overhaul Mandarin is getting.

Could be but I doubt it as that looks nothing like Fin Fang Foom. Unless they have changed everything about him for the film, which would kind of suck if they have.

Is that set literally just a car and two bikes? It sort of looks like there’s also a turret of some sort but that might be part of the background art, I can’t tell. All the same, definite meh from me. (Might be good for my biker gang though, hmm.)

Just my own educated guess, but I think the third figure is Katy (Awkwafina's character), the fourth could be Razor Fist, or someone else completely, but the name is about the same length as Shang Chi

That Shang Chi set looks like one of funnest set for kids. 2 bikes, a car, and a turret is sick.

As for us AFOLs, its just a Lego City set with some generic MCU-based figures. Nothing iconic or crazy. The other set may have more value for us, but I may wait and see if the polybag includes Shang Chi because his fig is all I want.

4 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Could be but I doubt it as that looks nothing like Fin Fang Foom. Unless they have changed everything about him for the film, which would kind of suck if they have.

I'd argue the design looks close enough, at least if the colours were changed. But once again, I still don't think he's 100% confirmed for the film

Even if he was in the film though, I wasn't expecting him in this set anyway, if the larger set is a dragon, I doubt the smaller would've been a second dragon

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

As for us AFOLs, its just a Lego City set with some generic MCU-based figures. Nothing iconic or crazy.

Depends on the scene this set is representing. Bit of a crazy circumstance for us to see sets before any trailers, usually we're speculating what the sets will be from the trailers

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I'd argue the design looks close enough, at least if the colours were changed. But once again, I still don't think he's 100% confirmed for the film

Even if he was in the film though, I wasn't expecting him in this set anyway, if the larger set is a dragon, I doubt the smaller would've been a second dragon

True. I always assumed if he is in the film then the set would have included him not some generic dragon. I get that dragon could be him but I hope not because Fin Fang Foom deserves to be this big and mighty green dragon not some water based serpent dragon.

The set with the dragon is 100% the best one out of the 2.

6 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

True. I always assumed if he is in the film then the set would have included him not some generic dragon. I get that dragon could be him but I hope not because Fin Fang Foom deserves to be this big and mighty green dragon not some water based serpent dragon.

The set with the dragon is 100% the best one out of the 2.

Honestly, I think that if Fin Fang Foom is in the movie with his comics design he'll be a big fanservice secret. I have a feeling that the second set isn't actually screen-accurate (especially them all having a fight while a big dragon hangs out) and may be something they whipped up based on concept art.

3 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

True. I always assumed if he is in the film then the set would have included him not some generic dragon. I get that dragon could be him but I hope not because Fin Fang Foom deserves to be this big and mighty green dragon not some water based serpent dragon

I'd love to see if someone could make version of the set in a green/purple/black colour scheme

(Regarding the new Shang-Chi set) Is it just me or do the character designs for the two antagonists look different in the set picture vs the minifigure line-up in the bottom right?

Edit:

If my eyes are correct, and the bottom right character is Razor fist, it looks like his right hand is normal and his left "hand" is one of his signature blade prosthetics.

Edited by SuperSith

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

It could very well be Shao Lao which would make a lot of sense given Shang-Chi's Chi powers and the general look of the dragon.

As for the newly leaked set, wow that's disappointing. Looks like it'll be a miss. The builds are boring and generic and the figures aren't very exciting. Come on LEGO, we get a movie about a superhero martial arts tournament and one of the sets for it isn't an arena!? For shame...

Edited by ToaDraco

Ngl im pretty disaponited by this. Its just so generic imo, at least the other set is really good tho! Can someone remind me how much has this been said to be?

Consider it money saved on an expensive year. If I collected MCU sets I’d see this year as really expensive lol I’d be happy the Shang-Chi set is unappealing, this summer wave sounds amazing and costly. 

On the bright side about the new set, it looks like Shang-Chi is the only repeated character. So there’s a total of seven new figures (nine counting the dragon and weird little lizard thing} across these two sets! Is that a record? It’s pretty great for a sub-theme with only two sets. 

That’s a Shang-Chi set??? Haha looks like Speed Racers (like someone has pointed out). Could be a cool scene in the movie

Correction: fourth figure seems to be Razor Fist

The second minifigure seems like a Wenwu repeat (I don’t mind getting more Mandarin figures)

The third minifigure seems like Katy

Seems like a cooler selection of figures than the other set

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Come on LEGO, we get a movie about a superhero martial arts tournament and one of the sets for it isn't an arena!? For shame...

There might not be an arena in the film. We can't judge what these sets should be when we haven't seen anything from it yet

43 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

On the bright side about the new set, it looks like Shang-Chi is the only repeated character. So there’s a total of seven new figures (nine counting the dragon and weird little lizard thing} across these two sets! Is that a record? It’s pretty great for a sub-theme with only two sets. 

Pretty sure Mandarin/Wenwu is also in this set too

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yup. Just compared images of the two sets. 90% sure that’s a Wenwu repeat. I’m excited because this means we may get more action sequences with the Mandarin

Edited by hvader

The idea that the Mandarin is going after Shang Chi personally in a motorcycle is more intriguing than the set itself..

Would be funny if it was Lego's nod to the Iron Man 3 Mandarinmobile.

Edited by doclord

Mandarin golf cart 

Mandarin bike

I’m loving this. Imagine Mandarin on a motorbike doing magic. That’d be pretty awesome

Edited by hvader

22 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well, given that none of the outfits look the same, even if it is the same character it’s a different outfit. Llke they did with having two variants of Killmonger in 2018. I’m happy with that!

On 2/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, PGBQW said:

Idk, I feel like that would look a bit overdetailed

Revisiting images of the new arms I have to say they look strange with the current dual molded legs as well as the pure blue legs. Once Lego added that detail on the arms the dual molded legs look noticeably un-webbed and I think it would really perfect the figure to add that webbing. To each his own but I really think the new arms won’t work (for me at least) until the same webbing is added onto the leg print.