Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Nope, they deleted it, because this info wasn't supposed to come out, yet. I guess they will release full list soon

Edited by Legofania

The idea that the cap set will be the elevator battle sounds too good to be true... but if it is- it's gonna be one of the first lego marvel sets I've bought in a long time

Edit: its a 4+ set so its definitely first avenger I'm guessing

Edited by thephantasm

This sounds INCREDIBLE!!!! It really looks like 2021 might be the turning point for LEGO Marvel.

Cap set - really hope this one includes WWII Cap and a generic Hydra goon but my expectations aren't high as it's a 4+ set. 

Black Panther set - I love the dragonfly-like vehicle so this is great. Hoping to get some new variants here, maybe Shuri? 

FFH set - not counting on much. 

Iron Monger set - at a loss for words, this is great. Really hope this comes with Pepper and Coulson. 

EG final battle set - amazing. Just amazing. 

Don't get me wrong, this wave sounds AMAZING, but the three smallest sets don't seem to offer much in terms of minifig potential, except for new variants of some of the main characters. For instance, I would've loved to see Mo-cap Mysterio, but the chances of that happening in a 4+ set are next to zero. I admit that's pretty nitpicky though :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't get me wrong, this wave sounds AMAZING, but the three smallest sets don't seem to offer much in terms of minifig potential, except for new variants of some of the main characters. For instance, I would've loved to see Mo-cap Mysterio, but the chances of that happening in a 4+ set are next to zero. I admit that's pretty nitpicky though :tongue:

Is it too optimistic of me to wonder if the FFH 4+ set will finally include the Bosch suit for Spider-Man? I know, I know, probably not, but we can hope right?

10 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Is it too optimistic of me to wonder if the FFH 4+ set will finally include the Bosch suit for Spider-Man? I know, I know, probably not, but we can hope right?

I think that suit would be one of the main reasons lego would even want to make another ffh set

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Iron Monger set - at a loss for words, this is great. Really hope this comes with Pepper and Coulson. 

I believe Pepper's supposed to be in it, yeah. Haven't seen anything regarding Coulson, though.

10 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I thought I read it would indeed contain the black and red suit.

(on both accounts I'm only sharing what I remember reading/seeing on IG or in this very forum topic, nothing else!)

Regards,
Mitch

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pepper, Iron Man and Obadiah Stane. No Coulson

26 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The Upgraded suit will be the main suit in No way Home, so considering this set comes in October with 2 unknown Spider-Man sets (possibly NWH), it will probably be just a repeat.

34 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, the only thing I don't like about this wave us that we're getting not one, but two 4+ sets.

It might be just a nitpick, but I refuse to buy 4+ sets (they look horrible on display), and I would really love to get a 10€ Captain America set or another FFH set.

As for the minfigures in 3 smallest sets I wouldn't say they don't have potential - TFA or TWS Captain America, Upgraded Spider-Man, updated Mysterio (or maybe even mo-cap), updated Black Panther (hopefully leg printing and purple energy), and maybe even some Wakandan minfigures.

Is there any chance that the FFH set is based on the dream sequence and the Spider-Man is actually the homemade suit, Mysterio would then be the same just with the new comic pieces. 

1 minute ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Is there any chance that the FFH set is based on the dream sequence and the Spider-Man is actually the homemade suit, Mysterio would then be the same just with the new comic pieces. 

Chance? Of course.

As far as we know it could be based on anything, with the suits being anything: Spider-Man could have Upgraded, Stark, Stealth or Homemade suit, while Mysterio could be a repeat, an updated version, or even a mo-cao suit.

The build is 4+ so don't expect anything too good.

Very excited for possibility of more or variant characters from Black Panther. This does seem like a crowd-pleasing wave 

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Nope, they deleted it, because this info wasn't supposed to come out, yet. I guess they will release full list soon

That does not really make sense. I'd understand if they removed the titles, but removing the entire section when it also listed previously released sets is more likely an error.

This is the most excited I’ve been about Lego marvel since the build up to Infinity War! Is it possible the CMF will be used to bring us figs to complement these MCU Legacy sets? The Harry Potter CMFs and to a lesser extent Lego movie and Lego Batman movie ones have been timed and filled often in order to add to the sets in the most recent wave.

e.g. We could get four avengers in the Endgame battle set and more to join it from the CMF?

What are the odds that the D2C is based on the Raimi films? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since people brought it up! :laugh:

24 minutes ago, mmcfan said:

This is the most excited I’ve been about Lego marvel since the build up to Infinity War! Is it possible the CMF will be used to bring us figs to complement these MCU Legacy sets? The Harry Potter CMFs and to a lesser extent Lego movie and Lego Batman movie ones have been timed and filled often in order to add to the sets in the most recent wave.

e.g. We could get four avengers in the Endgame battle set and more to join it from the CMF?

You've got a point there.

Some of the figures might be too detailed for the budget to allow them in a normal retail set, especially one where there's already lots going on in terms of minifigures with special moulds (Korg, Rocket) an bigfigs (Thanos). The CMF (or perhaps even the D2C) might be the best place for these figures that would benefit greatly or make them more desirable from more detail/moulds e.g. MK 85 with dual moulded arms/legs, Cap with Mjolnir & broken shield, Iron Patriot with new armor, Fat Thor with new beard/hair and new stormbreaker mould.

8 minutes ago, Legopls said:

What are the odds that the D2C is based on the Raimi films? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since people brought it up! :laugh:

I'd say the odds are fairly low - as they have not done a Raimi set since Spider-man 2. It's an option, but keep expectations on what the set is low for the time being until we get more info :tongue:

Wow, just wow! Legacy sets are a real thing! I'm gonna just drop two theories/questions:

-Do you think there is gonna be a collectable feature in the sets, like the golden figures of Ninjago and the retro figures of Star Wars anniversary sets?

-Since Endgame Battle does not have many build material, do you think they mighy make and Iron Patriot Buster mech in the set? It would be oversized of course, but it would be great to put Rocket in the mech shoulder, like in the movie. 

2 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

-Do you think there is gonna be a collectable feature in the sets, like the golden figures of Ninjago and the retro figures of Star Wars anniversary sets?

I really hope not, that would be a major disappointment and a complete waste of budget.

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd say the odds are fairly low - as they have not done a Raimi set since Spider-man 2. It's an option, but keep expectations on what the set is low for the time being until we get more info :tongue:

I fear you're right actually! In terms of Marvel there are many things that are more relevant today. However, I wouldn't pass on a Sam Raimi Daily Bugle!

32 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Do you think there is gonna be a collectable feature in the sets, like the golden figures of Ninjago and the retro figures of Star Wars anniversary sets?

It's a legacy wave, but the 10th anniversary of Avengers and of Lego MCU is not until next year. We have figures listed for the Iron Man: Iron Monger Mayhem set and no mention of a collectable figure though I suppose that does not rule it out completely. Personally think they will have golden Avengers figures either this year or next, likely next. As for the collectable this time, no clue.

32 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Since Endgame Battle does not have many build material, do you think they mighy make and Iron Patriot Buster mech in the set? It would be oversized of course, but it would be great to put Rocket in the mech shoulder, like in the movie.  

I think the main potential for Final Battle builds are:

• Sanctuary II
  • Avengers Compound
  • Ant-Man Van
  • Chitauri Gorilla
  • Chitauri Tank
  • Chitauri Dropships
  • Leviathan
  • Giant Man
  • Maybe some sort of Portal build?

Personally hoping for:

• Big Fig Thanos & Leviathan build in the $69.99 76192 set.
  • Big Fig Smart Hulk, Brick Built Giant Man & Avengers Compound build (Or Sanctuary II) in the $149.99 76193 set
  • Avengers Tower as the $299.99 76178 D2C set

I think you could do a fairly good Leviathan in a 527 piece set. Then if you get the bigger set you could replicate the scene of Giant-Man punching the Leviathan in the face :laugh_hard:

Edited by Scarilian

24 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Wow, just wow! Legacy sets are a real thing! I'm gonna just drop two theories/questions:

-Since Endgame Battle does not have many build material, do you think they mighy make and Iron Patriot Buster mech in the set? It would be oversized of course, but it would be great to put Rocket in the mech shoulder, like in the movie. 

Collectable figures are not gonna be there, mainly for 2 reasons: it's not an anniversary of the theme (there were 3 special figures in Lego's recent history - Star Wars, Ninjago and Harry Potter - for 20, 10 and 29 years respectively), which means no special figures.

Also we have listed figures for 2 of the sets, and there is no mention of anniversary minfigures. Not to mention that Promobricks would make a whole article out of it if that was the case.

As for the final battle, after disappointing Endgame sets, they'll want to go as accurate as they can - no mechs, no helicopters, no 4+ like builds.

With 527 pieces I hope we get like 3 portal builds, Giant-Man, some rubble, and then either a Leviathan or Thanos' minions (this big ones).

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With 527 pieces I hope we get like 3 portal builds, Giant-Man, some rubble, and then either a Leviathan or Thanos' minions (this big ones).

A proper Leviathan would be a dream come true :wub: 

I think putting Sanctuary II in the $150 set without Thanos would be a little weird, and there's no way they can make an Endgame final battle set without Thanos (it may be that a smaller version of Sanctuary II comes in the final battle set as its main build).  I think the $70 final battle set will contain a variety of builds like the airport battle. Personally, I want some portals, a Pegasus for Valkyrie, a big Leviathan, and a Chitauri gorilla (maybe some Chitauri tanks as well).

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Very excited for possibility of more or variant characters from Black Panther. This does seem like a crowd-pleasing wave 

I need M'Baku 

13 minutes ago, hvader said:

Personally, I want some portals, a Pegasus for Valkyrie, a big Leviathan, and a Chitauri gorilla (maybe some Chitauri tanks as well).

That would be fantastic. And they could just reuse the Abraxan from Harry Potter for Aragorn.