Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I don’t see why people think LEGO’s going to do anything in black and white for WandaVision. That was only the first two episodes, and it was one of the least important parts of the show. Between Halloween Wanda, Soccer Mom Wanda, and presumably the new Scarlet Witch outfit in the final episode, 1950’s black-and-white Wanda is possibly the least interesting variant in the show. (Granted, Soccer Mom Wanda isn’t much better but I’m holding out hope for Tommy and Billy and Soccer Mom Wanda would go much better with them.

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Avoiding it is the wrong word here

The Lego Group isn't doing anything about it.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It sounds like people want the minifigures the most rather then a actual set

I think people just want any Lego Wandavision stuff, Minifigures or sets. Is this a hint that instead of WandaVision sets, they are doing more minifig-centered products for it

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

. ,,,That was only the first two episodes, and it was one of the least important parts of the show.... 1950’s black-and-white Wanda is possibly the least interesting variant in the show.

seems like enough people find it fun/interesting for Funko and others to make product on.

I find it curious how everyone is saying they want the one D+ set to be Wandavision. If we are getting only one D+ set this year, the most logical choice for LEGO is Falcon & Winter soldier. It much more straightforward action superhero show unlike mind bending Wandavision. 

46 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

seems like enough people find it fun/interesting for Funko and others to make product on.

Funko make products on virtually anything that can’t escape fast enough :tongue:

Personally, I’d be ok with WandaVision CMF minifigs :classic:

8 hours ago, hvader said:

Slightly unpopular opinion but I hope Lego doesn't include WandaVision figs exclusively in the cmf. Given the new packaging where you can't feel the figs, I don't want to buy figs that I don't want to get the ones I want. 

Technically we don't know yet wether or not future CMFs will use the same box-packaging as Vidiyo. That series is a seperate thing like the Mario blindbags and not part of the CMF theme. But if the Looney Tunes series starts using those crappy boxes we're screwed :tongue:

5 hours ago, Mattallica said:

i know this is highly unlikely to actually happen but a filp around house ala the stranger things set, with one side in black and white and the other in color along with b&w and color  figs would be cool IMHO

The idea is cool, but the problem is that, unlike in stranger things, this is not the same house with different colours, the whole building changes every episode

5 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I wonder if the Upside Down set never came out, would lego have done a set like that for WandaVision in its place now?🤔 

No, because for ST it makes actual sense - there are two separate realities existing at the same time.

In WandaVision, it's one reality which changes because of Wanda. Much more likely option would be a half B&W house and half normal house.

But I should have started with the fact that they wouldn't make a D2C for WandaVision. 

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

👀 hmmmmm

Just a statement. I have seen a bunch of people talking about what minifigures they want rather then what minifigures and sets 

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Just a statement. I have seen a bunch of people talking about what minifigures they want rather then what minifigures and sets 

I am leaning towards us not getting a WandaVision set but I'd love to be proven wrong 

Again, I think it makes no sense for LEGO to make a bunch of products on a game that lost money and not for a show that reached the #1 spot in popularity. What’s the point of acquiring the Marvel license if you don’t make its best properties? I’d understand not making WandaVision sets if LEGO didn’t make Enix sets but now there’s no excuse in my opinion.

I think for all Marvel sets, we talk about minifigs before we talk about sets. I would think most people buy Marvel sets for the minifigs

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am leaning towards us not getting a WandaVision set but I'd love to be proven wrong 

I feel the exact same way. I need answers haha, but I guess I’ll just have to be patient

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

Again, I think it makes no sense for LEGO to make a bunch of products on a game that lost money and not for a show that reached the #1 spot in popularity.

Well it's not like LEGO has a team of fortune tellers who can see the future and tell them what will and won't perform well :laugh_hard:

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well it's not like LEGO has a team of fortune tellers who can see the future and tell them what will and won't perform well :laugh_hard:

Well the Enix game was poorly received the day it was announced. Plus WandaVision is the MCU after all. How is it possible that everyone else makes the right predictions and LEGO doesn’t? I guess I’m just a little worried. As someone who gets all the MCU sets I really fear LEGO having a gap. The gap may diminish my passion for collecting LEGO Marvel for just a bit :(

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

*sad official LEGO fortune teller team noises*

They could still release a set later-on, even though the show’s popularity obviously won’t sustain itself for that long. That’s the problem with the one-off shows :tongue:

1 minute ago, hvader said:

How is it possible that everyone else makes the right predictions and LEGO doesn’t?

If you’re referring to Funko, they just throw everything and their grandmother to the wall to see what sticks :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If you’re referring to Funko, they just throw everything and their grandmother to the wall to see what sticks :laugh_hard:

Hasbro too. I just don’t understand how it’s possible for LEGO to think that an MCU property is not going to be popular. I hope I get proven wrong next Monday haha

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Hasbro too. I just don’t understand how it’s possible for LEGO to think that an MCU property is not going to be popular. I hope I get proven wrong next Monday haha

To be fair LEGO has been making a lot of terrible decisions lately, affecting several themes.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To be fair LEGO has been making a lot of terrible decisions lately, affecting several themes.

Yeah... credits to LEGO for improving quality on existing MCU sets (Eternals and Shang Chi) but they really need to make better decisions about what to make. The only things keeping me hopeful are that Twitter leak about Wanda minifig and FalconFan’s message about being patient. 

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I guess you’re referring to HP and DC, the rest seem to be doing fine :laugh: SW is a huge step up from the January wave and Marvel seems to be on a winning streak as well with the Shang-Chi and Eternals sets :classic:

That venom minifig pack isn't real is it? It's just someone taking the piss, right?

Edit: Just got posted here as I posted this. It's real.

Edited by ood0

Why would Lego think that we needed even MORE Venom variants before giving us a simple black suit Spidey?