Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The overall improvement in quality of Lego Marvel sets this year has been fantastic to see with Shang-Chi and The Eternals, and I hope this is a long term paradigm shift for the theme as a whole. I built Far From Home’s Hydro-Man Attack today and can’t get over how much of a perfect set it is, and I’d love to see this level of quality be applied to the No Way Home wave.

Fingers crossed that the summer wave is Endgame-based, especially if it’s confirmed we’ll be getting Korg! I may be grasping at straws, but I also took the purple hue of the Avengers logo from the catalogue placeholder leak a few weeks ago as a sign as well. 

Overall, feeling optimistic about the waves to come, at least when it comes to MCU sets :sweet:

Edited by T21Typhoon

Find it strange that they're walking back on the skin tone variation for Asian fleshie characters. Maybe they heard the pushback about Cho Chang and Doctor Wu?

5 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Personally I'm eagerly awaiting Moon Knight in lego form. But I do wonder what the chances are regarding actually getting him since Lego doesn't seem to do a whole lot for Disney+?

Considering they just started the marvel Disney+ shows, it may take time like it did with the mandalorian.  But we will definitely get them you know they will make sets off the shows, I just think they will release later as to not spoil things from the shows.  We need MoonKnight in minifig form I agree.  I am looking forward to a teaser trailer to see what the series will be like.  

On 2/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, doclord said:

Morris is apparently a Dijiang, which is a featureless creature with wings and multiple legs from Chinese mythology.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/DiJiang

Thank you for explaining what the heck Morris is! That was driving me crazy!

13 hours ago, doclord said:

Find it strange that they're walking back on the skin tone variation for Asian fleshie characters. Maybe they heard the pushback about Cho Chang and Doctor Wu?

Asians aren't a monolith and have very different skin tones. For example, I'm Thai and we are quite dark. Chinese are quite fair compared to us.

I don't see a problem with different skin tones for Asians because there are so many different variations in skin tone among Asian people.

Idk if this question should be on a different thread but I was curious if anyone knew about another lego marvel video game being developed. I feel like it has been forever since we’ve had one. Phase 3 ended  practically 2 years ago now, I was hoping for another avengers  game.

6 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Idk if this question should be on a different thread but I was curious if anyone knew about another lego marvel video game being developed. I feel like it has been forever since we’ve had one. Phase 3 ended  practically 2 years ago now, I was hoping for another avengers  game.

We don't know anything about future LEGO games after The Skywalker Saga, heck we're still waiting for a releasedate for that one. But even if we do get another LEGO Marvel game it's much more likely to be Superheroes 3 than Avengers 2. 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Imagine The Infinity Saga video game *huh*

That would be cool if the levels per movie were more along the lines of Skywalker Saga rather than the non-Avengers one-level-per-movie in avengers.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Imagine The Infinity Saga video game *huh*

If done correctly could be the best Lego game ever. Hope they spice up the mechanics and install some new feature. Brands that get criticized for being too formulaic (Pokemon, Lego games etc) would do good to spice things up here and there. I’d buy it!!

WandaVision episode 8 spoiler discussion that's slightly unrelated to Lego 

Spoiler

Who else teared up during WandaVision Episode 8? That was so sad and I feel horrible for Wanda. 

For Lego sets (spoilers for WandaVision episode 8)

Spoiler

I need a final battle Lego scene with Wanda, Vision, Monica, Agatha, Sword Vision and Fietro

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

For Lego sets (spoilers for WandaVision episode 8)

Reveal hidden contents

I need a final battle Lego scene with Wanda, Vision, Monica, Agatha, Sword Vision and Fietro

i think that would be a good set, this weeks episode could give us an idea for what that kind of set would look like

There's too much to search through. Did FF say the D2C isn't WandaVision? Because that's not subject to change, and predominately aimed at an adult audience.

6 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

There's too much to search through. Did FF say the D2C isn't WandaVision? Because that's not subject to change, and predominately aimed at an adult audience.

chances are very good it isn't WandaVision based. Making a $300 set on a show that Lego didn't know was going to be popular when designing it is a gamble.

Although I'd love a Disney plus D2C

Revisiting  images of Spiderman I changed my mind. The reason the arm print was off putting was BECAUSE of the inconsistency with the legs. Translation, they looked good on their own. But once given the detail on the arm I subconsciously noticed how lacking it was on the legs. So I hope they update Spiderman by printing the webbing on his boots. Then he will look complete. 

24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Revisiting  images of Spiderman I changed my mind. The reason the arm print was off putting was BECAUSE of the inconsistency with the legs. Translation, they looked good on their own. But once given the detail on the arm I subconsciously noticed how lacking it was on the legs. So I hope they update Spiderman by printing the webbing on his boots. Then he will look complete. 

Idk, I feel like that would look a bit overdetailed

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

I can't think in anything big enough to grant a D2C. What would you like to see in a Wandavision D2C? 

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

I can't think in anything big enough to grant a D2C. What would you like to see in a Wandavision D2C? 

A large retro TV build with multiple WandaVision scenes to place inside. The Nintendo with TV set is $230.

6 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

A large retro TV build with multiple WandaVision scenes to place inside. The Nintendo with TV set is $230.

Honestly, that would be pretty awesome.

Though unfortunately Marvel D2C's seem to be in development for around 2-3 years. I would not expect this to be based on anything past early 2019 at the latest. The most likely option would be something based on Infinity War - given we previously had D2C's based on Avengers and Avengers Age Of Ultron. With the potential WandaVision set, I would guess it would have a similar budget to the $34.99 Disney+ set we are aware of that is releasing August.

From reports on the Wanda Lego costume via CM4Sci it sounds like a potential set would be based on Episode 9 - so it's difficult to really judge what the build could be. As for figures, speculated a bit about them below.

Spoiler

Regarding figures:

• Wanda, Agatha, Vision, Billy & Tommy seem like a certainty.
  • White Vision and/or Quicksilver could also be included, but it's unclear how much focus they will get in Episode 9 to warrant it.
  • Monica is returning in Captain Marvel 2, so I can see them deciding not to include her in a set at this time.
  • Most the other cast is in supporting roles and not prevelant enough to really need a place in the set, we could get them but they are not particularly needed.

Obviously if some big bad villain shows up that was secretly behind everything the entire time, then it'd make more sense to include them also :tongue:

As we have nothing to discuss right now (well at least until Friday), I'm kinda curious for which upcoming MCU projects (for which we haven't seen sets) you'd buy sets for. Let me start:

YES: WandaVision, TFaTWS, No Way Home, Hawkeye, Love and Thunder, ITMoM, Quantumania, GoTG3, F4 and Blade

DEPENDS: Loki, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion

NO: Black Panther II, Captain Marvel 2, Ironheart and Armor Wars

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I get what you're going for, but the Mario one works because the TV interior is in 2D. It being a playset inside of a TV would look reallynweird.

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Armor Wars

Mate, maybe in Armor Wars they give us some of the armors we're missing

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I don't care at all about more armours.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Omg finally someone agrees with me on that.

But anyway, I guess that would be useful for completionists

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More (different) armors are like Stormtroopers or ACU guards to me, I don't actively want more but I definitely don't mind getting them. 

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Highly doubt if we got any sets it would include Iron Man suits we don't have, when the show would be about War Machine facing off with new armoured villains (maybe Titanium Man)

I’m feeling jealous right now because Funko is releasing all these PERFECT looking WandaVision pops. 

36 minutes ago, hvader said:

I’m feeling jealous right now because Funko is releasing all these PERFECT looking WandaVision pops. 

If we don't get at least one WandaVision set, I'll head right to Lego HQ with a pitchfork.