Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Really like the look of this set, it’s got a great figure lineup which is always a huge draw for me. The dragon is really nice looking too, just seeing this image made me a lot more hyped for this film (not that I wasn’t already). This and Eternals are going to be really good, I can feel it

Right? These movies are going to be so unique, and even tho Love and Thunder or No Way Home excite me much more, I just can't wait to see something as fresh as Shang-Chi. 

48 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I dont know if children can even comprehend this TV show. Why should Lego make sets based on it?

Eh, as long as it has colorful characters and a cool build, I’m sure kids will be happy. Even if they don’t comprehend the narrative of WandaVision, they are most likely aware of the titular characters based off their appearances in the films.

Also that Shang Chi set looks great! The reuse of minifigure face prints is pretty meh, but the rest of the set is phenomenal. I hope Lego Marvel sticks with making great, unique builds with plenty of minifigures. I have high hopes for the quality of the theme going forward.

Love the dragon set! Shang Chi looks amazing and it looks like they’ll officially call the Mandarin Wenwu

Wow, Marvel theme really has changed. A lot to talk about it. The build of the Shang-chi set is the highlight of the set. The Shang-chi minifig design is a bit bland, but that's on Marvel. If they had give him enough highlights in the costume, LEGO would be "forced" to give him leg printing. I think not only Wenwu, but Death Dealer also has leg printing. It definitely feels like the dragon shares design influences from the Eternals sets. I still can't understand how Morris looks like. Two wings, six legs, but where is the face?

Wait a minute, is that the staff of the living tribunal that Wenwu is holding???

edit: seems like 5 of the 10 rings not the staff. 

Edited by hvader

15 minutes ago, hvader said:

Wait a minute, is that the staff of the living tribunal that Wenwu is holding???

edit: seems like 5 of the 10 rings not the staff. 

Probably the other half is in the second set? We'll see about that. 

My thoughts on the set.

Build:When compared to the rest of the Marvel and DC sets it's definitely unique and it's quality seems superior.Overall it's a great set for display. 

Minifigs:That's where my issue arises.As it is typical with any Super Hero set there is a definite lack of leg printing for most characters with the only exeption being the Mandarin.The most stand out figs for me are the girl and the masked baddie with the daggers. 

Overall I'd say it's a decent set with a good build and a generous amount of minifigs for a set of this size. 

The photo is of the actual box and not a catalog picture, so hopefully whoever has it will open it and release pictures of the other set, which should be in the instruction booklet.

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Wow, Marvel theme really has changed. A lot to talk about it. The build of the Shang-chi set is the highlight of the set. The Shang-chi minifig design is a bit bland, but that's on Marvel. If they had give him enough highlights in the costume, LEGO would be "forced" to give him leg printing. I think not only Wenwu, but Death Dealer also has leg printing. It definitely feels like the dragon shares design influences from the Eternals sets. I still can't understand how Morris looks like. Two wings, six legs, but where is the face?

Morris is apparently a Dijiang, which is a featureless creature with wings and multiple legs from Chinese mythology.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/DiJiang

The Shang-Chi set looks pretty good! I've seen better dragon builds but it's not bad. I'm disappointed it's not Fin Fang Foom but it could actually be Shao Lao which is almost as exciting! It would also make a lot of sense since they're apparently making Shang-Chi more like Iron Fist by expanding his Chi powers. The minifigs look decent and I really like what they're doing with the Mandarin's ten rings using the One Ring piece and the DC cmf action piece in repetition. I look forward to seeing the other set!

Edited by ToaDraco

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

$30 Wenwu's buggy? I'm in.

Fingers crossed that $300 D2C set is Mandarin's buggy.

You joke about this, but watch LEGO actually make it a set...

Well this Shang Chi set looks awesome! I see a lot from Ninjago in the dragon build, but more sophisticated (don’t know how else to describe it).

But minifigs though, I don’t know about. Pic is too blurry, but it seems to me faces are reused AGAIN, and no leg prints!!! This might be just bad picture and figs are great, so I’ll reserve my judgment till better photos. 

6 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I dont know if children can even comprehend this TV show. Why should Lego make sets based on it?

Meh, in 1979 Kenner bought the toy rights to Alien. I know which one I’d be happier showing to my son.

Seems like leaks season is getting serious. We have had what, three leaks in 24 hours? I assume we will start to hear about the D2C soon.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Seems like leaks season is getting serious. We have had what, three leaks in 24 hours? I assume we will start to hear about the D2C soon.

The D2C comes out in either April or May. Considering it's (nearly) March, oh boy, we're in for a treat.

Not only 2nd Shang-Chi set and Carnage's head should leak soon, but we'll start getting info about D2C and summer sets sooner than later!

I don’t think that dragon is Fin Fang Foom. Notice how it seems to be attacking the Death Dealer. I think Fin comes in the other set

D2C releases in 2 months and there’s still not a drop of info as to what it will be. I’m so excited and for what? It’s probably going to be a D2C Spide-Copter hehe. But its right around the corner (!!)

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

D2C releases in 2 months and there’s still not a drop of info as to what it will be. I’m so excited and for what? It’s probably going to be a D2C Spide-Copter hehe. But its right around the corner (!!)

I’m a little nervous, because I feel like it may be disappointing 

31 minutes ago, hvader said:

I’m a little nervous, because I feel like it may be disappointing 

Same here. The Marvel D2C’s have mainly disappointed me. The Hulkbuster was a major snorefest for me. I believe Arkham from 2013 was the superheroes D2C with the most figures. Hulk buster had 1 or 2, Helicarrier (micro scale) had like 5-6, I want a set like a Star Wars D2C with 17-20 figures if the source material calls for it. Thats what I enjoy about Star Wars is that their large sets like Mos Eisley Cantina and Death Star have a lot of figs. Ewok Village and Hoth Base too.

The Helicarrier was micro scaled and the Hulkbuster was oversized. I hope this is our first mini figure scaled Marvel D2C.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

is that confirmed that it will release within 2 months? I know it has been said dozens of times that it is a 1HY release but maybe it is a flexible schedule? Covid of course could have changed plans 

The d2c isn’t something that would need to be moved so unless there is a massive factory shut down it still should be released before May 31st 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The d2c isn’t something that would need to be moved so unless there is a massive factory shut down it still should be released before May 31st 

Okay....I suppose we already knew this but this is confirmation it’s not No Way Home FATWS, Shang Chi, Wandavision, Loki, or anything else this year.

Set looks interesting. Death Dealer looks great, Dragon is fun.

Not a fan of Shang Chi’s MCU look. In the comics his costumes are so nice and vibrant, even the plainest one that they based this look off of is more interesting with some more yellow splashed in there and some boots. Even a sleeveless look may have helped. 

Regardless, with so much Ninjago out there, it should be an easy fix to make a purist

The set looks really good. Nice to see something that isn't another buggy, helicopter or mech for a change. 

Ideally, I'd love it of the D2C set was a playset like a Sanctum or Avengers Compound but I could definitly see it being a Gauntlet or something.