Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

That would make an amazing end credits scene...

imagine if they did that to get back at Peter for what he did to them in Civil War lmao 

One of the Shang Chi sets finally leaked! Looks pretty good too, nice dragon and everything.

Edited by Brickroll

Finally, it's high time we've seen those.

I absolutely love this set. Just as Eternals, it feels like something so unique that we've never seen not only in Lego Marvel, but in Marvel as a whole. Seeing names like Xialing or Wenwu makes me really hyped for this movie.

Dragon build is excellent, it feels so Asian. It looks perfect fro display piece considering that water are under.

As for the minfigures, not much can be told, but at least Wenwu has leg printing - hope more of them do.

Looks like stacking the posing pieces is no longer a fan-exclusive thing :grin: That’s a pretty clever way to depict the rings, though half of them are missing :tongue: Maybe an identical build is in the other set?

Okay, I just realised that Wenwu is actually Mandarin's name - I honestly expected the minfig to be named "Mandarin", and also have long hair, beard and long red robes.

Also, ar those ring pieces from LoTR making a grand return?

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, I just realised that Wenwu is actually Mandarin's name - I honestly expected the minfig to be named "Mandarin", and also have long hair, beard and long red robes.

Looks like the LoTR ring

In terms of the Shang Chi set, it should be noted this is the more expensive set: 76177: Battle At The Ancient Village $39.99/39.99€. Have updated the list.

In terms of thoughts:

• I would not be surprised if this is a new Dragon designed as an adaptation of White Dragon. Perhaps they are taking the concept of the Dragon Lords literally? Maybe we'll see the Makluans?
  • Seems to be a Water Dragon, in terms of design could see this working for Fin Fang Foom, but would not be a fan of the colour swap
  • Dragon from the box art appears to be fighting for the good guys, given the Dragon is attacking Death Dealer and seemingly trying to grab Wenwu in the box art
  • Makes sense our heroes would have support in the fight if the Mandarin has the rings
  • Maybe Fin Fang Foom is in the other set so we can get a Dragon Vs Dragon showdown :purrr:
  • No idea what 'Morris'/'Horris' is meant to be, perhaps it is the smaller form of the massive Dragon?
  • Hopefully the other set is Fin Fang Foom so we could have them battle, but I'm starting to expect this is a depiction of the films final battle given the characters and Dragon :shrug_oh_well:
  • Looks like Shang Chi and Xialing both lack leg printing, though admittedly the image of Shang Chi on the side does not show much in terms of leg detail so can give that a pass at the moment
  • Wenwu/The Mandarin gets leg printing, which is nice
  • Wenwu/The Mandarin looks a little underwhelming, but blaming that on the movies design, hopefully he has a different design in the movie so the other set can include something better
  • Death Dealer is a surprise, looks alright.
  • Did not expect the Ten Rings to appear in such a form, kinda weird. 5 here and 5 in the other set I guess
  • Can imagine this occuring either as a final battle or early in the movie so the Mandarin can acquire 5 rings from the ancient village right away and then the rest of the film can be Shang Chi trying to track down and stop him acquiring the other 5 rings

Expectations for the other set:

• Shang Chi Variant
  • Razor Fist
  • Katy OR another supporting character
  • Inclusion of the other 5 Rings
Edited by Scarilian

Pretty cool set, for sure. Not what I was expecting (mostly in regards to the colour of the dragon and the look of the Mandarin) but that's on me. I guess Wenwu's look is meant to contrast with that of Trevor. 

I like Shang-Chi's design. I've always been a fan of his simpler costumes, but until we get a clearer pic it's hard to say how well that translates into an interesting figure. 

Do we know what figures are in the other set? I'm assuming since Akwafina is playing one of the main characters and she's not here the smaller set will have her character and Shang-Chi? 

Wow! What an amazing set! 

I absolutely adore that dragon. The figures look great although it sadly doesn't look like they're on the same level as the Eternals figures. Picking this up as soon as I can, really hope the $30 set leaks in the next few days.

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Grand return? They never left. 

1 minute ago, SEmrys said:

Do we know what figures are in the other set? I'm assuming since Akwafina is playing one of the main characters and she's not here the smaller set will have her character and Shang-Chi? 

I think Razorfist will definitely be in the $30 set. 

I know nothing about Shang-Chi, its plot or the comics its derived from. That dragon looks amazing and adequate for the price range. It’s 30 I believe, seems fitting, definitely overpriced if its the $40 set. What is Morris? He doesn’t seem to have distinguishable features and looks like that flying ball they chase in quidditch. Mandarin hopefully has a more exciting outfit waiting to be revealed this feels very understated for me. Interesting that they refer to him as Wenwu. Was expecting longer hair but there’s probably more to be seen. Very happy with the fact that we get 4 figures in the $30 set. I’m correct in the price range no? Its a good set for whoever wants it and I get that its not aimed at me but the designs remind me why I stick to the colorful yet inconsistent comic designs.

Edited by cosmic

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They did this to differentiate between Mandarin's buggy and Wenwu's buggy, two VERY different vehicles

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, this is the $40 set. 

Even dropping it to $35 would make a huge difference for me. I’m obviously not picking it up but that is not worth $40 imo.

Similar to the Juniors Avengers Tower this past year. How was that $60? Even with the Hulk big fig that build was so small, I swear I can remember a time where the structure alone for that set would cost around $20. Idk why I just remembered that set but wow that was overpriced. The build was tiny thin and lacking detail, fine for a juniors build but there was no substance to justify the price point. How could a big figure cost so much? Why amI I so angry at the cost of a Juniors set. 

23 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

They did this to differentiate between Mandarin's buggy and Wenwu's buggy, two VERY different vehicles

$30 Wenwu's buggy? I'm in.

Fingers crossed that $300 D2C set is Mandarin's buggy.

The dragon build is excellent! Its always nice when the MCU sets come up with something different from the usual random vehicles. Shame the design of the (real) Mandarin looks so boring. That's one character that could really benefit from a comic book variant down the line.

The set looks fantastic! especially for the price.

Also, nice to finally Simu in his costume! Just a shame that they didn’t get to unveil it in their own marketing way, but then again they’ve waited long enough so just like Eternals it’s their fault to me :grin:

With Episode 8 done, we have hints towards what we could get in the potential WandaVision set that CM4Sci teased along with a rough reason of why we have not seen the set prior. Spoiler tagged due to Episode 8 content :tongue:

Spoiler

In terms of figures, If feel these are the most viable:

• Scarlet Witch with her new outfit that will be seen in Episode 9 (CM4Sci teased that we would be getting this figure)
  • Agatha Harkness in her outfit seen at the end of Episode 8
  • White Vision
  • Billy
  • Tommy
  • Quicksilver
  • Vision
  • Monica Rambeau

Reasons why we have not seen the set prior:

• The new costume for Scarlet Witch is not arriving until Episode 9, though it was teased during the Mind Stone scene this episode
  • Agatha Harkness' full costume is only revealed at the ending of Episode 8
  • White Vision is only revealed at the end of Episode 8

If we do get a WandaVision set reveal it could be on March 8th via Marvel Must Haves - so would be sure to keep eyes peeled after Episode 9 airs.

Also, for those wondering about Scarlet Witch's new costume:

Spoiler

bhlj2hvkpsj61.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

I dont know if children can even comprehend this TV show. Why should Lego make sets based on it?

On another note, I like what they did with the other Marvel sets. Also with the Eternals sets the quality of builds is much higher than usual. On the dragon I see a high usage of smooth and round pieces on sides and the bottom.

24 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I dont know if children can even comprehend this TV show. Why should Lego make sets based on it?

On another note, I like what they did with the other Marvel sets. Also with the Eternals sets the quality of builds is much higher than usual. On the dragon I see a high usage of smooth and round pieces on sides and the bottom.

It's not like children fully comprehend other MCU movies. What matters is if the set is good, and if it has colourful minfigures with fun builds.

On a side note, if we don't get Wanda and Agatha in their actual costumes (Wanda's teased suit and Agatha's full-on witch suit) we riot.

Really like the look of this set, it’s got a great figure lineup which is always a huge draw for me. The dragon is really nice looking too, just seeing this image made me a lot more hyped for this film (not that I wasn’t already). This and Eternals are going to be really good, I can feel it