Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just hope we get to see the Shang Chi sets in the coming weeks. I really want to know wether the quality exhibited in the Eternals sets is a one time thing or the new standard for LEGO Marvel. 

Marvel Cinematic Universe sets have always been great imo. Endgame may have been horrendous, but Infinity War, Civil War, GotG 1+2, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther all had good sets. The first Avengers wave was pretty decent, Iron Man 3 had 2 “bad” sets but even then only the smallest was even “bad”. MCU sets have been at a good standard from the jump.

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Iron Man 3 had 2 “bad” sets

Do not disrespect the Mandarin's tank

This is sort of based on @cosmic’s comment, but I feel like Endgame sets are hated on too much—they weren’t movie accurate, but there was not a ton they could have done without spoiling it. Instead, they did a bit of a legacy wave, and it had probably the best Quinjet ever made, the highly requested Hall of Armor, a weird but cool Hulkbuster variant, at least a version of the compound, which could have been used for a great template, although heavily overpriced. I will agree the other two sets are jokes, but they did have nice figures.

Eh I definitely think End Game had the weakest cinematic wave of sets. I personally disliked the Thor Ragnorok sets as well but it was inconsequential since I don’t buy most cinematic sets in the same way most people here avoid comic sets. 

Based on Falcon’s responses, I think there is a renewed potential for the D2C to be MCU. My take away from those exchanges is to not really have any expectations for the D2C. I’m excited to see if all the Avengers sets this wave are “legacy” sets for older movies, and if they are I hope that opens up the possibility for the CMF series to be comic based.

Does anyone else like the color of the lettering for Spider-Man No Way Home? I think It'll look nice once the logo is on some lego boxes. I may actually keep them lol. FFH by far has some of the best movie tie in box art in my opinion 

@Stock223
Sorry to disappoint, but the only sets we are aware of in March at the moment are 76170 and 76175, both of which are already revealed:
76170: Iron Man Vs Thanos $19.99/9.99€ (103 pieces)
76175: Attack on the Spider Lair $69.99/79.99€ (466 pieces)
A list of all Lego Marvel stuff we are aware of for this year can be found here.

While we might get a surprise Disney+ set for WandaVision in March, it really would wind up being a surprise. Though we CM4Sci's comments towards a set including Wanda in a costume she is believed to get near the end of the Disney+ series, so chances are we are getting some form of WandaVision Lego thing - but they are waiting till after the series reveals it or ends to reveal it. So I'd say check back in on March 8th after WandaVision is over and we've had a "Marvel Must Haves" maybe we will have something by then :shrug_oh_well:

It could potentially be 76188: $29.99, which was mentioned by Falcon in the past - but we don't have a release date for that (If it's definitely not a typo anyway)

58 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Eh I definitely think End Game had the weakest cinematic wave of sets. I personally disliked the Thor Ragnorok sets as well but it was inconsequential since I don’t buy most cinematic sets in the same way most people here avoid comic sets. 

Ragnarok had that major flaw of giving the ship in the ultimate battle for Asgard blasters, which always drove me insane...

Endgame was a flop, mainly because there's so much potential for the wave and yet they wasted it. Well, I hope somehow Marvel realize that reason being the Korg leaked heapiece they wanted to give us what we truly deserve.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Does anyone else like the color of the lettering for Spider-Man No Way Home? I think It'll look nice once the logo is on some lego boxes. I may actually keep them lol. FFH by far has some of the best movie tie in box art in my opinion 

I love the colors. Many sets in my collection are sealed so I'll be a happy collector when No Way Home sets come out (which also means I care a lot about box art so I feel you 100%)

Edited by hvader

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

This is sort of based on @cosmic’s comment, but I feel like Endgame sets are hated on too much

Agreed. Considering how tight lipped Marvel were I won't shoot down the wave. Loved the hall of armor and, the Quinjet. Also don't think that the compound was horrendous, considering it was aimed at kids and not AFOLs specifically. It did make a good start for what could easily built into a larger set.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

I personally disliked the Thor Ragnorok sets as well

Yeah, I agree. Ragnarok was probably my least favourite wave overall.

37 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Endgame was a flop, mainly because there's so much potential for the wave and yet they wasted it.

I'm not convinced this was LEGO's fault. Comparing the wave with what we got in Infinity War I'd almost wager that this had more to do with Marvel's secrecy than anything else.

20 minutes ago, hvader said:

Many sets in my collection are sealed

Wish I could keep mine sealed, but a missing piece from one of my Infinity War sets (bought two of them) means that I now have to build each set so that I can be assured that is is complete.

8 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Wish I could keep mine sealed, but a missing piece from one of my Infinity War sets (bought two of them) means that I now have to build each set so that I can be assured that is is complete.

I'm so sorry about what happened :( My sealed collection originally just began as me not having enough time to build sets, but I then developed a sense of enjoyment keeping my sets in a mint and pristine condition, so I just continued. You have to resist the urge to open and build sets (or in your case, check to see if the sets are complete), but after a while, you'll get used to keeping your sets sealed. This may sound a little weird, but looking at my sealed sets collection is one of the happiest moments for me haha.

Back to Marvel, I really hope we get the Spidey red & black suit this time around. 

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Endgame was a flop, mainly because there's so much potential for the wave and yet they wasted it. Well, I hope somehow Marvel realize that reason being the Korg leaked heapiece they wanted to give us what we truly deserve.

personally I love the compound set and the hall of armor set. The rest are lackluster 

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

Marvel Cinematic Universe sets have always been great imo. Endgame may have been horrendous, but Infinity War, Civil War, GotG 1+2, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther all had good sets. The first Avengers wave was pretty decent, Iron Man 3 had 2 “bad” sets but even then only the smallest was even “bad”. MCU sets have been at a good standard from the jump.

I was more referring to the figure quality. So many unique legprints and 4 brand new faces for characters that need it is something we definitely don't see every day.

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

This is sort of based on @cosmic’s comment, but I feel like Endgame sets are hated on too much—they weren’t movie accurate, but there was not a ton they could have done without spoiling it. Instead, they did a bit of a legacy wave, and it had probably the best Quinjet ever made, the highly requested Hall of Armor, a weird but cool Hulkbuster variant, at least a version of the compound, which could have been used for a great template, although heavily overpriced. I will agree the other two sets are jokes, but they did have nice figures.

I agree, it was a pretty good wave if you ignore the Endgame logo. Especially the quinjet is a really solid build imo, love it!

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Ragnarok had that major flaw of giving the ship in the ultimate battle for Asgard blasters, which always drove me insane...

Is it really a major flaw if they are super easy to remove? :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is it really a major flaw if they are super easy to remove? :laugh:

I know, but it is so specific that that ship only has fireworks...it’s kind of funny to ironically rage against.

Edited by Brickroll

Haha @Falconfan1414 just posting the disney+ marvel logos in his instagram story...

hahaha you slay me bud. I mean its not random?!??? Or is it?!? Lets continue this little dance we are doing. 

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I think the brick built wolf is what I didn’t enjoy. The ship design is also ugly in general, and Lego was made to make a toy of an ugly ship. The arena was ok I guess. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was more referring to the figure quality. So many unique legprints and 4 brand new faces for characters that need it is something we definitely don't see every day.

Ah this makes more sense now. Yeah Lego reuses faces a lot and sometimes I think its understandable but its rewarding seeing them make new face prints because they’re not always quick to do so. Normalize leg printing!!  

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Haha @Falconfan1414 just posting the disney+ marvel logos in his instagram story...

hahaha you slay me bud. I mean its not random?!??? Or is it?!? Lets continue this little dance we are doing. 

I am fully convinced if the “Avengers” Summer wave does not end up a Legacy wave it will cover the Disney Plus sets.

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Well, you can make the argument that Endgame sets have nothing to do with the movie for the most part. Quintet while a great build and my favorite version of this vehicle only appeared in 1 scene of the movie. While Avengers compound is kinda accurate it’s really looks like City Police station with huge A on the side. 

Honesty I think the problem most of us have with Endagme sets is minifigs- they suck!!! Why use Quantum suits for all characters when they are only used for time travel scene?! And based on Hasbro and Funko product that were available prior to movie release, toy companies clearly had accurate costume designs for all main characters! LEGO just went easy route and reuse quantum suits for all characters.

So basically LEGO is at fault here, by screwing up Endgame sets so much! They could have put more effort in those sets and we would have had something awesome, but they disappointed fans. So here we are.

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Honesty I think the problem most of us have with Endagme sets is minifigs- they suck!!! Why use Quantum suits for all characters when they are only used for time travel scene?! And based on Hasbro and Funko product that were available prior to movie release, toy companies clearly had accurate costume designs for all main characters! LEGO just went easy route and reuse quantum suits for all characters.

For me the problem with the Advanced Tech figures isn't that they suck but that they were made instead of the normal suits. I finally got Nebula a few weeks ago so I now have the full team in their AT suits, they look fantastic together :laugh:

Why are they releasing a marvel D2C this year? It isn't any kind of anniversary and probably doesn't relate to any movie coming out in the next year.

10 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Why are they releasing a marvel D2C this year? It isn't any kind of anniversary and probably doesn't relate to any movie coming out in the next year.

It's not like previous D2Cs related to any movie that came out that year, nor the anniversary. Maybe Helicarrier in some way.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I am fully convinced if the “Avengers” Summer wave does not end up a Legacy wave it will cover the Disney Plus sets.

Do you really think we'd get 8 Disney+ sets in 2 months time, with one of them being 4+ and another 18+? Right :laugh_hard:

Also, there's one set codenamed Disney+ - why would the rest Disney+ sets be codenamed Avengers?

If these sets aren't MCU based, they are either fully comic or SE based.

I have found three retail sites (1, 2, 3) that list 76187 (Carnage Head Bust). Two of them mention the release date as '2021-04'. It is possible that they are simply outdated, but could mean we get the Head/Bust in April still - keeping the list as May for the moment until we get more info.

3 hours ago, Thieda said:

We got the Helicarrier three years after Avengers 1 and we got the Hulkbuster three years after Avengers 2. It makes sense we'd get something three years after Avengers 3 and if we are insanely lucky we might get a D2C next year as that would be three years after Avengers 4 (Which would also be the 10th anniversary of the Lego Marvel MCU theme)

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Personally I'm leaning towards:

• 76188: $29.99, mentioned once by FalconFan1414. I think this could be a WandaVision Disney+ set. The comments by CM4Sci imply we are getting a version of Wanda based around WandaVision which will feature a new costume with a head piece and generally implied that it would be from WandaVision.
  • 76194: $34.99, releasing in August and the only currently confirmed Disney+ themed set. I think this could be a Loki Disney+ set. Loki will have finished airing about half a month prior to release of this set.

I can see Falcon & Zemo (with his mask) being popular enough to bundle into the CMF series. As far as I can tell Bucky retains his outfit from Avengers Endgame, only with the eventual addition of a white star on his arm for TF&TWS (If they stick to the concept art) so if we get Endgame or generally Avengers MCU Legacy sets this year we could get Bucky via those instead. We don't really know if the series will have enough to justify a set. Admittedly it's also possible they have a Disney+ set that we simply are not aware of.

Spoiler

1407daa0bd0ed4a2889d4cc637c6e163.jpga97eff40-6438-11ea-b4ef-1fd1771d3f27_800

3 hours ago, Thieda said:

I did mention this is Deadpool's 30th, but I seriously doubt Lego would acknowledge that with a D2C.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

I did mention this is Deadpool's 30th, but I seriously doubt Lego would acknowledge that with a D2C.

I mean, they are adapting Carnage into a head/bust... I could potentially see 76191 18+ set being a Deadpool head/bust if they wanted. Though I'm still leaning more towards it being a head/bust for Venom or Spider-man.

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This has nothing to do with LEGO but I found this way too funny not to share: 

Hide contents

20210225_220645.jpg

That would make an amazing end credits scene...