Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do people always need to make some weird theories about obviousl topics?

Why would he do that? Why would he tell us that it's not MCU based when it's MCU based?

that is just the name of the speculation game, especially since FF has made a point to be selectively vague at times. He always has his reasons for how he chooses to deliver info to us 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do people always need to make some weird theories about obviousl topics?

Why would he do that? Why would he tell us that it's not MCU based when it's MCU based?

I’m really just clutching at straws here. I am much more of an MCU fan than a comic fan.

Gasp what if its a comics Asgard? I could see it being the Death of Gwen Stacy with a bridge similar to the 2015 one but bigger and more complete. Galactus makes sense but without the Fantastic Four feels odd. X-Mansion is simultaneously obvious and super unlikely. Do we think an X-Mansion would sell poorly? I hope not but judging by these comments, yes it would fail. Stark Tower or Avengers Mansion maybe. I’m fairly certain it won’t go to the Guardians or Inhumans or F4 or X-Men. Either Avengers or Spidey based. No clue but hopefully its Asgard. I really want a comic accurate Valkyrie and Lego already has a hairpiece perfect for her (see CMF Series 11). 

Edited by cosmic

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the D2C is indeed comic based as Falconfan implies I would be genuinely surprised if it's not Spidey-related. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he simply imply that the set won't be MCU-related? That doesn't necessarily imply it's comic-based since those aren't the only two options after all :grin: $300 Enix set ahoy...

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he simply imply that the set won't be MCU-related? That doesn't necessarily imply it's comic-based since those aren't the only two options after all :grin: $300 Enix set ahoy...

If we get a $300 Enix set I'll be getting my torch and pitchfork out of storage and plan a trip to Billund :devil_laugh:

Edited by Guyon2002

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Giant MODOK head for $300 would be the most beautiful thing ever...

4 letters turns a form upside down lol. All I was saying was people were so sure it’s going to be mcu. If it turns out not to be a good set could be looked out wrong because people went in with expectations it’s not. At the end I think everyone should have a open mind when it comes to the d2c 

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If the D2C is indeed comic based as Falconfan implies I would be genuinely surprised if it's not Spidey-related. 

you said the magic words, I'd drop $300 for a Spider-Man D2C. Thats like my dream for a lego set. Not even lego would make a $300 vehicle that Spider-Man uses for a D2C

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

4 letters turns a form upside down lol. All I was saying was people were so sure it’s going to be mcu. If it turns out not to be a good set could be looked out wrong because people went in with expectations it’s not. At the end I think everyone should have a open mind when it comes to the d2c 

to be fair it was vague, it had double meaning as this discourse over the past hour showed. I would have said this from the start 

Not to interpret too much but I think Falconfan is telling us not to have crazy expectations so we don't get disappointed. In other words I don't think we should think it's 100% NOT MCU but we should also be careful not to expect too much.

If it is comics I would love a Daily Bugle with the comics version of the Sinister Six

Edited by hvader

The 'Well' added doubt, not to the quality of the set, but the set's nature as being a MCU set or not.

Expectations were arguably lowered earlier in the thread, with most expecting Avengers Tower (Myself included) and only getting hyped due to the appearance of Korg's head piece and the later Black Panther teaser which sent us into speculation about Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame. The reason why people's expectations were set on an MCU set was due to it being more likely from all angles of consideration.

It is that aspect of being a potential non-MCU set people are using to judge it, because some simply are not interested in non-MCU sets at all, especially non-MCU $300 sets. We could get a really amazing non-MCU set and honestly, it'd still be something most people here would pass on as they are focused on the MCU and I don't particularly blame them as I'm sure they have individual reasons. Personally I find Lego's comic sets vary so often in tones, styles, etc... that you'd have difficulty expanding a singular particular itteration and you have no confirmation they will return to that specific comic inspired version of the characters to give you the character you wanted.

Hype cannot come without expectations. To lower the expectations would be to abandon a lot of what makes people speculate over the sets in the first place. To acknowledge the concept of them being potential non-MCU sets opens the doors to speculation, but lowers hype for many here due to personal preference. Set's quality is not as much of a factor here, given we have no set description, meaning nothing to determine how well the set is made and we likely won't have that information for another month or so (If it releases in April or May)

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

I bet all my money it will be a great Iron Man glove, from Endgame.  No more than 3 minifigures

Stark Glove would be cool but only 3 minifigures? Nobody is gonna buy that haha

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I bet all my money it will be a great Iron Man glove, from Endgame.  No more than 3 minifigures

Probably not the safest bet :tongue: If we get a Gauntlet the normal one is much more likely.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably not the safest bet :tongue: If we get a Gauntlet the normal one is much more likely.

Iron Man's glove is ... Iron Man's!  This for lego might be more than enough 😋

Just now, Donkeypunch said:

@Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414

can you say whether or not somebody has guessed the D2C on the forum or not? 

I have a feeling that given how many guesses there are, one of them has to be true. 

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

I have a feeling that given how many guesses there are, one of them has to be true. 

I think you’re right

31 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

I think you’re right

they would never tell you. They are sworn to secrecy lol. All joking aside we won't know until whenever they feel an appropriate time to tell everyone is. Most likely a reveal on Instagram in the case of falconfan 

21 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

they would never tell you. They are sworn to secrecy lol. All joking aside we won't know until whenever they feel an appropriate time to tell everyone is. Most likely a reveal on Instagram in the case of falconfan 

True. 
I’m convinced it’s a sanctum sanctorum now or an oscorp 

I feel like playsets other than avengers tower and compound are just wishful thinking. I don't think places like Sanctum sanctorum or oscorp are the most iconic aspects of marvel.

Edit: ok the sanctum is slightly more realistic but oscorp and non-minature rubble-related sets are still wishful thinking

For all we know it could be thor's hammer but still sticking to gauntlet

Edited by thephantasm