Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Spider-man PS4, Spider-verse, Venom: They have popularity but none of them really would warrant spending three years to make a $300 D2C and none of them really offer a potential location or aspect that would be the basis, let alone potential licensing aspects. Most the TV series from around that time were short lived or ending so things like Avengers Assemble or Marvel Future Avengers and Spider-Man (2017 TV series) would not really make sense to adapt into a D2C to be released in 2021. While most the Marvel Animated Features are simply too obscure for a D2C focus.

Big Hero 6 would'nt really work either, cannot imagine them making a $300 set to appeal to the younger audience it was targetted at - though admittedly would be amazing to get a set based on that at some stage. Same goes for Marvel Superhero Adventures which is targetted at an even younger demographic. The Boys would not be touched by Lego for the more obvious reasons of being too adult focused.

Other than that you are really left primarily with the comics... but then you still need something iconic enough to be the D2C.

So I'm back to expecting a D2C Avengers Tower... only this time based on the comics, probably throwing in the Avengers in classic outfits or something. :tongue:

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bad news is I completely lost my interest in the D2C. It could still be a really cool set, but probably not something I'd even consider buying.

I'm still curious about it, but interest has dropped quite a bit if it winds up a non-MCU set, that said reserving judgement till we see the finished set. I suppose it allows for saving towards what could be a Legacy MCU wave in June though.

Edited by Scarilian

6 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

So a possible comic based D2C set? Now you have my attention.

And they've lost mine :tongue: I'm glad this confirms that Korg is in an MCU set this summer, but the prospect of having to buy a $300 comic-based or made-up set doesn't excite me at all 

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bad news is I completely lost my interest in the D2C. It could still be a really cool set, but probably not something I'd even consider buying.

Same, very early on I decided not to buy any comic based sets to keep my spending in check. Regardless of how good/bad this set is I just can't see myself buying it.

5 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Lmao Falconfan says ‘well’ and everyone loses their mind.

Well it's pretty obvious what he meant.

Another day, another Lego Marvel disappointment. Yeah, I just completely lost interest in the D2C. If it's not MCU, X-Men, or F4 I just see no point in getting excited for it. I guess I'll wait till more info come out.

I hope FalconFan meant that D2Cs are not entirely dedicated to the MCU instead of this D2C not being MCU.

Edited by hvader

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same, very early on I decided not to buy any comic based sets to keep my spending in check. Regardless of how good/bad this set is I just can't see myself buying it.

Exactly what I'm doing. 

Even tho I am a Marvel fan as whole, not only MCU, non-MCU based sets are just too inconsistent. MCU movies are so interconnected, that you could display every MCU set since 2012 and it would look great.

Comic sets just change their theme every year, like Ultimate Spider-Man, then regular kinda comic Spider-Man, and then the new version of Spider-Man.

Also, they are usually just lesser in quality.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even tho I am a Marvel fan as whole, not only MCU, non-MCU based sets are just too inconsistent. MCU movies are so interconnected, that you could display every MCU set since 2012 and it would look great.

Agreed. I just don't understand. A $300 MCU set would sell like hot cakes. Why does Lego miss such a fantastic opportunity again and again?

As much as I'd love an MCU based D2C with new minifigures (variants of existing characters or not), the idea of a comic-based D2C sounds very intriguing as well!
So many possibilities, even without X-Men's Xavier Mansion (or whatever it's proper name is).
But I think/agree an Avengers Mansion would be most likely, though I'm sure I'm forgetting other highly possible options!

Regards,
Mitch

If it is comics based, I struggle to see it being anything other than a large scale Avengers Tower or UCS scale Quinjet. 

A non-MCU Marvel D2C could be just about anything. It could be a model of the very first comic appearance of Iron Man for all we know (unlikely). What If . . . will be a cartoon, and because of the nature of the stories, won't be part of the MCU or 616, so the quite low probability of an Uatu build has increased somewhat.

Remember that AFOLs that are also fans of Marvel are just a portion of the overall adult Marvel fan market. To truly have an understanding of what to expect of the Marvel D2Cs we need to understand who the target demographic is. A large portion of the general movie going fanbase are unlikely to purchase a $300 Lego set, even less probable now given current economic conditions and major delays in movie releases. The ideal buyer is someone with a willingness to spend on a Marvel product without the additional promotion that comes with the release of a movie, or other commercial property.

7 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, but why are we assuming Korg comes in an MCU set? 

If the headpiece that leaked truly belongs to Korg it has to be an MCU set. The comic book version of Korg has a different color.

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Generally it's just unlikely they would take the MCU head design and colour scheme and use it for a comic portrayal of the character. It's worth noting the comics depicted Korg as below, so its likely not from the comics Don't ask about the Xenomorph, I have no idea either... :L
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZCgqwNC_w1e1S_QOF_Kc

43 minutes ago, hvader said:

I hope FalconFan meant that D2Cs are not entirely dedicated to the MCU instead of this D2C not being MCU.

This is how I took it. The quote he was responding to was broad, about D2C’s in general going to the MCU. His response was well, implying we could get a comic D2C. Not that this year, we would be getting a comic D2C.

As someone who prefers the comic designs, I don’t want to get my hopes up. And as others have touched on before, the one comic property i would love to have adapted is the X-Mansion. With all the “don’t count on an X-Men set until their introduced to the MCU” replies I’ve gotten over time, I don’t think it’s likely to be that. But it would be the most exciting. Besides that I would honestly like a comics Stark Tower, every Avengers Tower has so far felt a bit too thin and lacking density. I think I would enjoy a comics take on that. Or a comics Avengers Mansion, but the designs for those figs would be more classic and not leaning on late 90’s to modern like the figs for a Stark Tower would. Come to think of it there’s a few ways this won’t be disappointing.

I have to say, a big Infinity Gauntlet would be a let down however, as it would have no play ability and I wouldn’t really care for one as a display piece. 

32 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Why would we assume otherwise?

Not only Korg isn't really a prominent character in Marvel comics, but also: a) he's more orange than grey and b) his head is round, not sharp.

Wait it costs 300?! *huh* Yea comic based or not forget about it,the price is too steep for my budget.So hopefully this set sucks so I wont feel bad for missing out :grin:

I lost my faith for Marvel and DC sets years ago but I'm looking forward to the Shang Chi sets and the cmf series,in regards to the latter no matter which characters are included the printing quality/detail will be top notch.

Edited by LOTR34

Damn, you guys all jumped ship fast just by Falconfan uttering one single word....I'd say we should wait until we even know what this mystery set is lol. Even if it isn't MCU based the build could potentially still be really fun. 

7 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Damn, you guys all jumped ship fast just by Falconfan uttering one single word....I'd say we should wait until we even know what this mystery set is lol. Even if it isn't MCU based the build could potentially still be really fun. 

I would buy a $300 Galactus set haha

13 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I mean it totally makes sense.

FalconFan implied that the D2C is not based on MCU (which based on his previous hints we can take as a confirmation), which resulted in people losing interest in the set.

Sure, I guess all of us still want to see what it is and how it looks, but when it comes to buying the set, whether it's good or not, a lot of us just decided not to.

tenor.gif
An accurate depiction of anyone finding the thread right now :roflmao:

14 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Honestly, scenarios like this are kinda common with the Marvel thread - and this one is honestly fairly tame revolving around the D2C only. Nobody is angry, just confused as to why it is potentially non-MCU when almost any MCU set would sell like hotcakes. Either way it's one set out of an absolute ton of sets which is a rare occurance for Marvel which normally felt shunned. At the very least the theme is getting more focus this time around and if they are adapting a non-MCU set then it demonstrates they have more faith in Marvel Lego sets now and are willing to take more risks (as long as the D2C sells)

Those who are avoiding non-MCU sets may skip the set, but at the same time they may be convinced when we eventually see image leaks or wind up getting more information. For those who only want MCU based sets, maybe we'll be lucky and the summer wave will be a legacy wave of MCU sets so the $300 they saved can be put towards the entire Summer Wave, Shang Chi, Eternals, Spider-man 3 and Disney+ set/sets along with the Advent Calendar and CMF series which all have a chance of encorporating the MCU.

What if FF is trying to throw us off the trail or something? He doesn’t seem like the kind of person to do that, but I’m really hoping that’s what it is. If it’s not MCU, what could it be? The Avengers Mansion? It does not feel quite as iconic as the tower, at least not for most people.

Edited by Brickroll

8 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

What if FF is trying to throw us off the trail or something? He doesn’t seem like the kind of person to do that, but I’m really hoping that’s what it is. If it’s not MCU, what could it be? The Avengers Mansion? It does not feel quite as iconic as the tower, at least not for most people.

Why do people always need to make some weird theories about obviousl topics?

Why would he do that? Why would he tell us that it's not MCU based when it's MCU based?