Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know for a fact that Doc Ock and Electro is not officially confirmed but were discussed by big Hollywood trades so pretty much they're most likely in there, but not Sandman or did I miss something?  

Sandman and Green Goblin were reported by the same people (the versions of those characters are said to be reprised by Thomas Hayden Church and Willem Dafoe)

Edited by TOTDForever

Some of you need to learn the differences between confirmation/rumour/speculation or you will end up getting your hopes up for things that are not happening. So far the only COMFIRMED additions to the usual cast are Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and Benedict Cumberbatch. They've been confirmed by actual Hollywood trades or the actors taking part in the movie themselves. Everything else is speculation or rumour. 

1 minute ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Some of you need to learn the differences between confirmation/rumour/speculation or you will end up getting your hopes up for things that are not happening. So far the only COMFIRMED additions to the usual cast are Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and Benedict Cumberbatch. They've been confirmed by actual Hollywood trades or the actors taking part in the movie themselves. Everything else is speculation or rumour. 

Right^^ This is what I'm trying to say. 

Alfred Molina and Jaime Foxx isn't officially announced by Marvel (but big hollywood trades confirm it) unlike Cumberbatch that was announced by Feige himself.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Alfred Molina and Jaime Foxx isn't officially announced by Marvel (but big hollywood trades confirm it) unlike Cumberbatch that was announced by Feige himself.

And Zendaya has also openly stated she has filmed scenes with Alfred Molina. 

39 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Daniel is the falconfan of movies. He leaks info the same way falconfan does, I trust his info the same way I trust the big lego leakers. But despite that I see your point 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

If we were to listen only to Marvel, we wouldn't know much about movies. It's easier if we compare this to Lego:

Lego officially revealing a set is like Marvel officially announcing something.

Someone leaking official images of Lego sets is like THR or Variety confirming something.

Getting set descriptions / info is like Daniel RPK or other scooper.

Someone has taken photo's of the hot toys Spider-man figures from through the years to give us a hint towards how the three Spider-man might look on-screen together. Images spoilered for space, they are unofficial and not from the film :)

Spoiler

151623423_3430046610454342_7563761429399
150123482_3430047827120887_7350270096639

16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Damn, just thinking about getting Sinister Six minifigs is giving a damn good feeling. We already have Vulture and Mysterio. I wanna get Doc Ock, Electro (confirmed reprising roles) maybe we can get Scorpion (swap to Sandman) and Kraven the Hunter. 

Do you guys think they will give us the OG members or mix of characters? 

I am mostly leaning towards the potential for SM3 to feature as a finale to the MCU Spider-man trilogy, even if we are getting more films it makes sense to wrap up plot points from previous movies and it'd help show how Peter has grown by having him face his former foes again. The set-up of Scorpion & Vulture putting together a team should honestly be paid off in this movie - unless that was set-up for a Sony Sinister Six movie (Vulture's appearance in Morbius hints towards the MCU & Sonyverse potentially sharing a Sinister Six)

If we do get a Sinister Six in SM3, it would be primarily pre-developed characters along with Doctor Octopus and Electro. The other four members would likely be Vulture, Mysterio (or Prowler), Shocker and Scorpion.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First of all, Sinister Six isn't happening in Spider-Man 3. Just because we have multiverse villains, it doesn't mean that they'll all suddenly come together and fight all Spider-Men.

Secondly, considering that we might just get 2 sets (I won't believe 4+ set is related to SM 3 unless proven otherwise), that gives us only 7 minifigures (3 in 20€ and 4 in 40€) - that alone means we won't get Sinister Six.

In regards to the first, we have Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker and Scorpion developed (with Prowler if they want to keep Mysterio 'dead'). With Doctor Octopus and Electro being re-introduced. Granted it does not have to happen, but all the pieces are in play for it to happen and some versions of the Sinister Six have been 'multiversal'.

In regards to the second, Falcon has in the past mentioned that the list of sets we have may not be complete. Personally I would not be surprised if a film such as Spider-man 3 would have additional sets, a minifigure pack or some method of releasing additional figures. Even so, 7 figures would be enough for the 3 different Spider-man, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Doctor Strange and Michelle 'MJ' Jones.

As a sidenote, Far From Home does imply a lot more threats can come after Peter or Spider-man directly now his identity is revealed. It would make the most sense as such for a lot of villains to just show up and go after him immediately, an easy excuse for a Sinister Six.

Edited by Scarilian

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Someone has taken photo's of the hot toys Spider-man figures from through the years to give us a hint towards how the three Spider-man might look on-screen together. Images spoilered for space, they are unofficial and not from the film :)

Hide contents

151623423_3430046610454342_7563761429399
150123482_3430047827120887_7350270096639

I am mostly leaning towards the potential for SM3 to feature as a finale to the MCU Spider-man trilogy, even if we are getting more films it makes sense to wrap up plot points from previous movies and it'd help show how Peter has grown by having him face his former foes again. The set-up of Scorpion & Vulture putting together a team should honestly be paid off in this movie - unless that was set-up for a Sony Sinister Six movie (Vulture's appearance in Morbius hints towards the MCU & Sonyverse potentially sharing a Sinister Six)

If we do get a Sinister Six in SM3, it would be primarily pre-developed characters along with Doctor Octopus and Electro. The other four members would likely be Vulture, Mysterio (or Prowler), Shocker and Scorpion.

In regards to the first, we have Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker and Scorpion developed (with Prowler if they want to keep Mysterio 'dead'). With Doctor Octopus and Electro being re-introduced. Granted it does not have to happen, but all the pieces are in play for it to happen and some versions of the Sinister Six have been 'multiversal'.

In regards to the second, Falcon has in the past mentioned that the list of sets we have may not be complete. Personally I would not be surprised if a film such as Spider-man 3 would have additional sets, a minifigure pack or some method of releasing additional figures. Even so, 7 figures would be enough for the 3 different Spider-man, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Doctor Strange and Michelle 'MJ' Jones.

As a sidenote, Far From Home does imply a lot more threats can come after Peter or Spider-man directly now his identity is revealed. It would make the most sense as such for a lot of villains to just show up and go after him immediately, an easy excuse for a Sinister Six.

I wouldn't mind if they reused Ned in the SM 3 sets from that $14 FFH minifig pack

I was thinking about the Marvel D2C coming and I thought it would be awesome if it was based on the Battle of New York with a big Leviathan, a quintet, some rubble and all six original avengers 

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

I was thinking about the Marvel D2C coming and I thought it would be awesome if it was based on the Battle of New York with a big Leviathan, a quintet, some rubble and all six original avengers 

It would be great if it were.  

4 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Could the D2C be a bigger better sanctum sanctorum. Like not mcu based but comics based and have a battle there? 

Basically D2C sets are dedicated to MCU 

6 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Basically D2C sets are dedicated to MCU 

To be fair they can still do it. 
There’s a load of characters who’ve been in it. 
doctor strange. Wong. Baron Mordo. Kaecilius. The ancient one. Thor (exclusive jacket and umbrella from ragnarok.) Loki (exclusive black suit from ragnarok) Bruce banner. Tony stark (exclusive infinity war tracksuit) 

think of all the decent stuff you can have in there. I think you can get some really impressive designs and moulds. 

47 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Loki (exclusive black suit from ragnarok)

47 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

think of all the decent stuff you can have in there

Yes, Loki in a generic black suit sounds like an amazing figure

We are not really short of figures that could be adapted for any potential D2C - but the issue lies in adapting a potential set that would be marketable or sell.

20 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, Loki in a generic black suit sounds like an amazing figure

To be fair, they claimed it as 'decent stuff' :tongue: As far as I can tell we have not really had a black suit with black underneath before, it'd be something. See the John Wick custom in the tag to get a feel for it:

Spoiler

a21a9a0813a91efac0cb9171f24b1148.jpg

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well

After all this... it's not MCU? D: Can we please get another clue.
I guess Korg is from one of the other sets after all - so Legacy sets confirmed? :p
Edit: Have updated the list, but to summarise for those wanting to speculate.

Current info for the $300 D2C:

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well

That seems very odd.

If its not mcu I'd wager its the infinity gauntlet but I'm not convinced it won't be an mcu set

6 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

That seems very odd.

If its not mcu I'd wager its the infinity gauntlet but I'm not convinced it won't be an mcu set

Falconfan is as reliable as they come so it's definitely not an MCU set. And without that MCU-context I'd say the Infinity Gauntlet is highly unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan is as reliable as they come so it's definitely not an MCU set. And without that MCU-context I'd say the Infinity Gauntlet is highly unlikely. 

Well I mean no offense to falconfan but I think he may have messed up one dc rumor recently so...

Also I would argue that the infinity gauntlet is still iconic without the mcu context but thats just my opinion

Hmm? 

45 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well

I don’t take this as “this particular D2C is not going to the MCU”. The quote he was answering said that D2C’s in general will be MCU based, this could be a correction that no we COULD get a comic based D2C. Maybe he was correcting the broad term @oxy220 used when saying D2C’s are for the MCU, and not talking this years release in specific. 

2 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Also I would argue that the infinity gauntlet is still iconic without the mcu context but thats just my opinion

It's certainly iconic but I wouldn't say it's $300-LEGO-set-iconic, wouldn't even necessarily say that about an MCU Gauntlet. 

39 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

See the John Wick custom in the tag to get a feel for it:

Okay I take it back, I really want this to happen

50 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well

Venomised Spider-copter D2C, let's goooo

Not MCU? That means 2 thing, one of them good, another rather not.

Bad news is I completely lost my interest in the D2C. It could still be a really cool set, but probably not something I'd even consider buying.

Good news? That means Korg appears in June sets, which means that at least one of them is MCU based.