Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Is any of this stuff still about?

just seen some of the pictures. When do you think marvel pics are getting released?

Edited by Donkeypunch

1. The placeholder for the Lego Marvel Superhero sets reveals the set number as '7618...'
  2. The placeholder uses the 'Avengers Endgame' logo
  3. This means it is not for the D2C which is set '76178'

The only potential Avengers '7618...' sets being released around this time are:

• 76186: $39.99 (202 Pieces) Avengers Theme
  • 76188: $29.99?
  • 76189: $9.99 (49 pieces) (4+) Avengers Theme

The Black Panther/T'Challa poster is from promotion for Avengers Infinity War and both Infinity War & Endgame were tagged in the post by lego_fulcrum, so it may not necessarily be based on Endgame - whatever it's about. It's also unclear if it is about the D2C, though many have speculated so.

In terms of figures:

• T'Challa/Black Panther is implied to be in a set thanks to lego_fulcrum
    - The main media he has been in is: Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame
  • Korg is confirmed for a set via leaks
    -
    The main media he has been in is: Thor Ragnarok and Endgame
  • Wanda/Scarlet Witch is implied to be in a set in a new costume thanks to CM4Sci
    - This means the only option is WandaVision or beyond, most likely a WandaVision set
Edited by Scarilian

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  1. The placeholder for the Lego Marvel Superhero sets reveals the set number as '7618...'

The Black Panther/T'Challa poster is from promotion for Avengers Infinity War and both Infinity War & Endgame were tagged in the post by lego_fulcrum, so it may not necessarily be based on Endgame - whatever it's about. It's also unclear if it is about the D2C, though many have speculated so.

In terms of figures:

- The main media he has been in is: Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame
    -
  • Wanda/Scarlet Witch is implied to be in a set in a new costume thanks to CM4Sci
    - This means the only option is WandaVision or beyond, most likely a WandaVision set

I'd love legacy MCU sets, or even sets vaguely based on past MCU movies. So long as the builds are good then I'm up for anything. I hope they give T'Challa a new helmet mold (unlikely but I can dream) I never liked the minifig head + cat ear piece combo that they've been using since 2016 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In terms of figures:

-

This analysis is spot-on. I think we're in for a pretty good chance for either an Endgame D2C, MCU legacy wave, or hopefully both. 

So it’s all but confirmed at this point, the d2c set is Final Battle from Endgame?! If it really happens it will be first d2c/ UCS set I ever get! Curious to see if they will make accurate Thanos bigfig to fit the scene.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:
  1. 76186: $39.99 (202 Pieces) Avengers Theme

200 pieces seems to be quite little, seems only enough for a vehicle or a really small playset

4 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

200 pieces seems to be quite little, seems only enough for a vehicle or a really small playset

My assumption is that a bigfig is included.  Those always seem to drive up the price significantly.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So it’s all but confirmed at this point, the d2c set is Final Battle from Endgame?! If it really happens it will be first d2c/ UCS set I ever get! Curious to see if they will make accurate Thanos bigfig to fit the scene.

If this turns out to be the case, then surely they must include that big ship (forgot it’s name) right? 

Okay this just gets more and more interesting. I hope the sets are MCU Avengers, but I don't want to set myself for disappointing... again.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

No it's not? It's just speculation, it's not even a rumour.

12 hours ago, HRC said:

Also I don’t know what Cm4 science is. I guess it’s a leaker but I haven’t heard about him until now. It would be helpful to link the sources, for accessibility. I do believe you do and I think scalarian does to, even if it may come off as abrasive.

CM4Sci is like @Falconfan1414 or @Guyon2002 but from past. He's as reliable as a leaker can be.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

21 minutes ago, Legopls said:

If this turns out to be the case, then surely they must include that big ship (forgot it’s name) right? 

The ship is the Sanctuary II.  I would definitely be interested in seeing LEGO's take on it, though we still don't have enough information to actually know what we're getting for the set lineup this year.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something interesting!

Sadly no D2C on the 17th, we could still get a teaser this month, but if we do not, here are dates to be aware of for early March regarding potential MCU Lego reveals/teasers

• End of February/March 1st: Reveal of the Lego March 2021 Calendar
  • March 5th: End of WandaVision
  • March 8th: Marvel's Must Haves

@benderisgreat "D2C Endgame confirmed?"

None of the leakers or information we have currently are specific in referring to the $300 D2C. We could possibly attribute Korg or Black Panther to that, but we don't really have the information to confirm if it is based on Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame OR something else from the MCU at this time.

@thephantasm @spiderfan2000 "76186: $39.99 (202 Pieces) Avengers Theme"

Personally, with the reveal of Korg and the potential teaser of it being one of OR the sole Avengers Endgame set (If the 'A' is not a placeholder), I would not be too surprised if it was some adaptation of when Hulk & Rocket met Thor & Korg (Along with Meik) in Endgame. This would give us a chance at an accurate Endgame look for Rocket, a bearded/long haired Thor, Korg and potentially a more accurate Hulk. Could easily just have the setting be a random fishing hut, but they could take some liberties with the design of the set itself. It'd mostly serve as a way to give us figures we are missing from Avengers Endgame.

Admittedly nothing confirms that it'll be an Endgame set, but the inclusion of a bigfig would explain the price/piece difference.

23 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Guys, is there a reference to the boxart that's been talked about lately? 

It's effectively akin to a logo at the top with the same font as Avengers Endgame and a confidential watermark beneath, no image of the set or the boxes given it is in thumbnail format so we don't see the full image. Honestly you are not missing much, it's nothing to really go off and we can't link it here. Just generally hints that one or more of the June Avengers sets will be 'Avengers Endgame' themed in some form, but admittedly that could be a placeholder so it might mean nothing at all :tongue: You can try the usual circles such as 'legoleaks' hashtag on Instagram, but it's not really showing anything so nobody's really bothering to share that around as opposed to Harry Potter or Ninjago images.

Edited by Scarilian

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It's effectively akin to a logo at the top with the same font as Avengers Endgame and a confidential watermark beneath, no image of the set or the boxes given it is in thumbnail format so we don't see the full image. Honestly you are not missing much, it's nothing to really go off and we can't link it here. Just generally hints that one or more of the June Avengers sets will be 'Avengers Endgame' themed in some form, but admittedly that could be a placeholder so it might mean nothing at all :tongue: You can try the usual circles such as 'legoleaks' hashtag on Instagram, but it's not really showing anything so nobody's really bothering to share that around as opposed to Harry Potter or Ninjago images.

What's interesting to me is that if it's just a place holder why use that Logo from Endgame, they could use that SE loosely based logo. So for me, it's a dead giveaway we are somehow getting atleast one Avengers Endgame set.

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

What's interesting to me is that if it's just a place holder why use that Logo from Endgame, they could use that SE loosely based logo. So for me, it's a dead giveaway we are somehow getting atleast one Avengers Endgame set.

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Sadly no D2C on the 17th, we could still get a teaser this month, but if we do not, here are dates to be aware of for early March regarding potential MCU Lego reveals/teasers

• End of February/March 1st: Reveal of the Lego March 2021 Calendar
  • March 5th: End of WandaVision
  • March 8th: Marvel's Must Haves

@benderisgreat "D2C Endgame confirmed?"

None of the leakers or information we have currently are specific in referring to the $300 D2C. We could possibly attribute Korg or Black Panther to that, but we don't really have the information to confirm if it is based on Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame OR something else from the MCU at this time.

@thephantasm @spiderfan2000 "76186: $39.99 (202 Pieces) Avengers Theme"

Personally, with the reveal of Korg and the potential teaser of it being one of OR the sole Avengers Endgame set (If the 'A' is not a placeholder), I would not be too surprised if it was some adaptation of when Hulk & Rocket met Thor & Korg (Along with Meik) in Endgame. This would give us a chance at an accurate Endgame look for Rocket, a bearded/long haired Thor, Korg and potentially a more accurate Hulk. Could easily just have the setting be a random fishing hut, but they could take some liberties with the design of the set itself. It'd mostly serve as a way to give us figures we are missing from Avengers Endgame.

Admittedly nothing confirms that it'll be an Endgame set, but the inclusion of a bigfig would explain the price/piece difference.

I didn’t say confirmed, I said all but confirmed. There’s enough evidence to make assumption it’s something related to Endgame. Could still be something else but unlikely...

34 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

My thoughts exactly!

I didn’t say confirmed, I said all but confirmed. There’s enough evidence to make assumption it’s something related to Endgame. Could still be something else but unlikely...

What evidence? Korg? Black Panther tease? Endgame sets logo on preliminary pictures?

This is no real evidence to be honest, but it gives us hope that it might actually happen.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What evidence? Korg? Black Panther tease? Endgame sets logo on preliminary pictures?

This is no real evidence to be honest, but it gives us hope that it might actually happen.

Those 3 things you have mentioned are exactly evidence that you are looking for. Yes, it might be 3 different things or may not even be in just 1 set. But the fact that we already know that Korg is coming and now have an idea that NOT all the avengers set are comic or game-based, it's enough to say that we pretty much can get another Avengers: Endgame set. At the end of the day, this is a rumor and discussion thread.

I think if you're talking about Endgame, the Avengers sets are going to be a mixture of games on them and comics, as always, but it's only possible that Lego will take some elements from Endgame.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Those 3 things you have mentioned are exactly evidence that you are looking for. Yes, it might be 3 different things or may not even be in just 1 set. But the fact that we already know that Korg is coming and now have an idea that NOT all the avengers set are comic or game-based, it's enough to say that we pretty much can get another Avengers: Endgame set. At the end of the day, this is a rumor and discussion thread.

I have no problem with discussing and speculating about this, hell, I'm even doing it myself.

My point is, writing something like "it's basically confirmed at this point" can not only be very misleading, but also lead to a huge disappointment. 

There is a difference between confirmation, rumour and speculation.

56 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

But all but confirmed would mean it's almost certainly an Endgame set, which is a false statement based on the available info. 

I didn't really think we would get the D2C revealed today, sure, past trends said so but there wasn't a pandemic we were going through and it didn't seem realistic for it to just materialize over night.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have no problem with discussing and speculating about this, hell, I'm even doing it myself.

My point is, writing something like "it's basically confirmed at this point" can not only be very misleading, but also lead to a huge disappointment. 

There is a difference between confirmation, rumour and speculation.

Point taken, I will be just here lurking and will wait for further leaks to come. I hope we're getting there and this is the start of this year's golden era. 

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Point taken, I will be just here lurking and will wait for further leaks to come. I hope we're getting there and this is the start of this year's golden era. 

Yeah! I mean if Endgame sets happen, I will be absolutely astounded, if done right that could be one of Marvel's best waves.

I have trouble imagining the d2c will be avengers compound- the exterior is kinda bland and the building is not as iconic as avengers tower. Also, they are really gonna have to downscale it because it's just so massive with multiple sections. I'm afraid that it will just look too off in terms of proportions. 

I mean, just look at ucs playsets in the past like hoth, endor, the batcave and the deathstar- there's still not enough bricks in those massive sets to build a decently sized avengers compound

I also don't think it will be too much of the rubble/battleground from the final battle, because... its just rubble.

If the set is based of the final battle I'd wager it would just be a miniaturised version of avengers compound + the rubble and portals, like hogwarts and the helicarrier