Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There goes the "leaker" who "has been leaking products of MCU movies all day (wandavision included) and also has been leaking info about WV that came to be true (other marvel movies as well)".

Another day, another false rumour. We really need legit info, don't we?

hey no need for the snobby comment friend, I was just reporting on something I saw on Twitter that was interesting to me. 

8 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

hey no need for the snobby comment friend, I was just reporting on something I saw on Twitter that was interesting to me. 

It's not a "snobby" comment, you made it seem like not only you knew the guy, but like you were also sure about his credibility - where in reality he dropped a false claim and deleted his account.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not a "snobby" comment, you made it seem like not only you knew the guy, but like you were also sure about his credibility - where in reality he dropped a false claim and deleted his account.

you assumed I knew him, I just followed him and his track record up until now seemed good. I know no inside info. Please understand other people's perspective without being so combative.

Man, every time a WandaVision set rumor gets me excited, I find out that the rumor is fake... In all seriousness though I agree that the last 3 episodes will give us a clear sense of what Lego sets are possible. 

There's a lot of hot-headedness going around in this topic, from some members especially, and it needs to stop. Be polite to each other. Don't be snobby and have a go at people.

This is a LEGO forum. It's supposed to be fun. If you find yourself wanting to be rude to someone, take a deep breath and get some perspective. I really don't want to have to take this into "private chat" territory, but staff will if necessary.

I'm so behind on this but I finally took a look at the Eternals sets today and, wow, they're excellent looking things aren't they? When are we expecting them to release? I've lost track of movie dates lol

8 minutes ago, JaHawk2009 said:

I'm so behind on this but I finally took a look at the Eternals sets today and, wow, they're excellent looking things aren't they? When are we expecting them to release? I've lost track of movie dates lol

We expected them two weeks ago. Now it’s a crapshoot. 

30 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

We expected them two weeks ago. Now it’s a crapshoot. 

Sounds about right for the current state of things worldwide!

1 hour ago, JaHawk2009 said:

I don't think we have information on when they are releasing exactly. Implication from other delayed sets is that they were delayed to release closer to the movie, so theory is they are going to release around November given the films current November 5th 2021 release.

1 hour ago, JaHawk2009 said:

I legit forgott about those.

Maybe those are the sets coming out next month?

Twitter-verse strikes again. Yet another reason I'm glad I never bothered with it.

I just checked on something. Lego doesn't do sets based on non-MCU Sony Marvel movies. What they do instead is cartoon/comic Spider-Man sets featuring the characters from that set of franchises. Morbius isn't currently slated to release until 2022, but one of it's previous delay release dates was March 5, this year. Given this, I could see a set based on part of the Morbius storyline (ideally including Blade) having been developed for release this year. This is pure speculation based on no real Lego data, just another plausibility hanging out there because of Falcon's allusion about the upcoming Spider-Man sets.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

"Maybe those are the sets coming out next month?" - Referring to Eternals

I don't personally think the Eternals sets would release in March.

It seems unlikely Lego would delay the sets from presumably November 2020 to January/February 2021 following the original delays of the film...and then proceed to release them in March 2021 when the movie is not out until November 2021. Granted they have advertised the sets, but I think Eternals has been pushed back all the way to November 2021 so that it can release alongside the movie.

Edited by Scarilian

Here’s a bit of baseless speculation. 
The spider lair set has a graphic of the bombastic bag man Spider-Man costume. That means that Lego have an idea of printing for a fantastic 4 torso (I know it’s not that difficult to plan but surely the company doing it means they’ve at least considered it) does that mean that in the near future we can be expecting marvels first family? 
who knows like I said it’s just speculation but its interesting that Lego have at the very least considered the fantastic 4 

I’m not sure if there’s some licensing issue involved but I’m shocked that we haven’t gotten anything Fantastic Four related from Lego beyond that one Doctor Doom figure 8 years ago. At this stage, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait until 2023 to get FF sets/figures based on the upcoming MCU movie.

32 minutes ago, Donkeypunch said:

Here’s a bit of baseless speculation. 
The spider lair set has a graphic of the bombastic bag man Spider-Man costume. That means that Lego have an idea of printing for a fantastic 4 torso (I know it’s not that difficult to plan but surely the company doing it means they’ve at least considered it) does that mean that in the near future we can be expecting marvels first family? 
who knows like I said it’s just speculation but its interesting that Lego have at the very least considered the fantastic 4 

The Sanctum Sanctorum in 2018 had a Daredevil sticker. We're still waiting

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Sanctum Sanctorum in 2018 had a Daredevil sticker. We're still waiting

True but I think we’ll be getting daredevil soon as well 

29 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Does anyone have any predictions for the six Avengers sets this summer?

They're 100% reusing the new Captain America fig

57 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

I predict some of them to have the same builds we've been getting the past few years. Mechs, motorcycles, some weird truck, and one really awesome location build (which I assume will be the $149.99 set) Thats all I ever want from lego tbh is really good location builds 

The $150 set is the biggest mystery. Considering we got Avengers Tower and Helicarrier sets last year, I really don’t know what iconic Marvel playset could justify such a high price/piece count. 

6 hours ago, Bricknee said:

I’m not sure if there’s some licensing issue involved but I’m shocked that we haven’t gotten anything Fantastic Four related from Lego beyond that one Doctor Doom figure 8 years ago. At this stage, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait until 2023 to get FF sets/figures based on the upcoming MCU movie.

I agree. Among many other heroes i catch myself wondering how we haven’t gotten them already. Not sure if popularity is an issue I really think a F4 set would sell well. However I’ve been told we won’t get any F4 or X-Men content until they’re introduced to the MCU and that can take another decade or less but it’s still frustrating. I wish Marvel never sold the X-Men off in the 90’s (I get they were in die financial need) so we could have received more merchandise for them sooner. But yes I believe the paperwork has been done to give the X-Men over to Marvel studios.i may be wrong in that but I’m pretty sure we technically can receive sets, but without a movie or cartoon out its very unlikely. Even though I reason they’re probably popular enough to sell considering they get the printing they need and the builds don’t suck. Sometimes I think (particularly with DC) the sets sell poorly bc they’re just all around unappealing, and then people will blame it on the characters that led the set. Like maybe a good new figure isn’t always enough. 

6 hours ago, Donkeypunch said:

True but I think we’ll be getting daredevil soon as well 

same here, I have a strong feeling he’ll appear in the CMF series. He definitely could have had his own set with Elektra and Kingpin however. And in many ways I still want that.

5 hours ago, Bricknee said:

no idea but I hope they’re comic based. Based on the timing it would make a lot of sense for them to be covering the Disney Plus shows however. If they’re comic based, while not speculation, I’d love for comic versions of Ant-Man and the Wasp to be included. I prefer their newer Marvel Now black and red costumes but their classics would do well too. Also hoping we get a punisher daredevil team up set.