Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Y'all are huge Marvel fans, but keep in mind that most of the audience doesnt really care about a random ship that has 2 minutes of screentime.

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I had to come back here to talk about the Korg piece! I didn’t think we’d be getting a figure of him out of nowhere now. I think it makes sense to be from the D2C, but I can’t see the Statesman being made (especially not at $350) and while I really want it to be the Sanctuary II I think it would be a hard shape to capture in LEGO, we haven’t really seen the interior as someone else pointed out, and again $350 seems a bit big for a ship like that. I also doubt the D2C is Avengers Tower because we just got one (although I’d love a giant one). I guess it could be a proper Avengers HQ, but once again $350 for a location build like that seems insanely high. I really don’t know where else Korg could show up though. I like the Shang-Chi theory but until we find out what the D2C is I’m not ruling anything out. Hopefully we get more info soon! 

Isn't it supposed to be $300??

32 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Y'all are huge Marvel fans, but keep in mind that most of the audience doesnt really care about a random ship that has 2 minutes of screentime.

True, tbh the Korg could just be in a regular set and I could easily see the D2C being another large helicarrier or maybe even a ucs style Milano.

35 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yet all the Star Wars sets sell perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yet all the Star Wars sets sell perfectly fine.

Yes, because ships arent a huge part of Star Wars, right?

Not sure what to expect any more... @Guyon2002 has brought up a good point yesterday, Korg’s head piece could still turn out to be an early leak for the 2HY sets. Leaks this far in advance are rare, but we‘ve seen even more extreme examples before, like Trudgen‘s head piece that leaked in July while the minifig itself wasn‘t released until January, similarly to the Mr Dinkles head piece from the Trolls theme.

I think we have no choice but to wait for additional leaks. However, the most annoying thing about it is that we don‘t know which month the D2C is scheduled for release. If it‘s in May, it‘ll be only one month before the 2HY get released, which means the leaks for both could easily overlap :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, because ships arent a huge part of Star Wars, right?

I don't mean ships as a whole.

I mean ships that appear for 2 minutes of screen time, which of there are loads of in SW sets - Quadjumper is my favourite example, it literally appeared for 2 seconds and got destroyed. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't mean ships as a whole.

I mean ships that appear for 2 minutes of screen time, which of there are loads of in SW sets - Quadjumper is my favourite example, it literally appeared for 2 seconds and got destroyed. 

Apples to oranges.  What UCS set would you compare to whatever-the-ship from Ragnarok? The closest example I would point to is obi’s Jedi star fighter which was half the price and sold poorly.  Sand crawler? Iconic. 

I’m still assuming this is an early leak of an avengers set but if from D2C a play set final battle seems most likely.

Edited by KevinMD

If they make the Statesman, I will eat a Korg headpiece. It's neither iconic or visually interesting. I think the chances of it becoming a set are second to none.

The only possibility of it ever being made in a Lego set is a microscale version with the Sanctuary.

If Korg is indeed from the D2C, it will be something involving the compound battle, or the Sanctuary. Those are the only options that make sense.

27 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Apples to oranges.  What UCS set would you compare to whatever-the-ship from Ragnarok? The closest example I would point to is obi’s Jedi star fighter which was half the price and sold poorly.  Sand crawler? Iconic. 

I’m still assuming this is an early leak of an avengers set but if from D2C a play set final battle seems most likely.

B-Wing, Imperial Shuttle and Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker (the last one isn't technically a UCS set).

Also, you just completely changed what you were on about just to not talk about my argument :laugh_hard:

It could be because I’m a Marvel fan, but who doesn’t like the Sanctuary II? It has so much screen time in two of the highest grossing films of all time and is literally the most prominent villain vehicle in the MCU. I don’t want Statesman unless it’s a micro build to accompany Sanctuary II.

If Korg comes in summer wave that’s even better because it could mean we’re getting more MCU Avengers products

Edited by hvader

They just released a colosseum so I doubt this is even close to likely but a Sakarr arena would go nicely with a Korg minifigure. I’m personally not a fan of the sets with the microscale figures so I’m hoping the D2C isn’t one of those.

I know a lot on here think this is unlikely but I’m still really hoping for a UCS Milano. I think the argument that it only received a small amount of screen time isn’t good enough. TLG most likely made two Milanos because the first one sold like hot cakes. It’s such a cool looking ship, too, that I don’t think just the avid Marvel fan will want it. 

1 hour ago, steveholt said:

I was hoping if we ever got Korg he'd be a bigfig

And I'm really glad he isn't. Korg would look horrendous as a bigfigure. 

1 minute ago, Moon_Knight said:

I know a lot on here think this is unlikely but I’m still really hoping for a UCS Milano. I think the argument that it only received a small amount of screen time isn’t good enough. TLG most likely made two Milanos because the first one sold like hot cakes. It’s such a cool looking ship, too, that I don’t think just the avid Marvel fan will want it. 

Yeah that's not gonna happen.

1. They already made 2 copies of it.
2. It's destroyed and not coming back.
3. The Benatar is the Guardians' new ship, doesn't make sense to draw attention to the old one.
4. It has only been in 2 films, the 2nd of which barely showed it before it's destruction.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m one of the people who’s really glad that Korg is a minifig. He isn’t as huge as Hulk and making him a bigfig would be weird. That said LEGO does need to come up with a middle ground between minifigs and big figs

Edited by hvader

The way I see it, there are four scenarios in total, and they’re all very positive except for one, which isn’t that bad either:

1. Korg is included in the D2C set and the 2HY sets are based on the MCU. Definitely the best-case scenario in my book :thumbup: Sorry, comic purists :tongue:
  2. Korg is in the D2C set and the 2HY sets are based on something else. Less good, but a $300 set that involves Korg has to be worthwhile, given the limited options.
  3. Korg is part of the 2HY sets. Also a good scenario, because that would increase the chances of multiple MCU sets in June. They wouldn’t just release one random MCU “legacy” set that just happens to feature Korg, would they? :shrug_oh_well: The D2C set is very likely to be MCU-inspired anyway, given the theme’s track record.
  4. Worst case: Korg is neither in the D2C set nor the 2HY ones. They could still all be MCU-based, but there wouldn’t be any solid ground for speculation any more. An inclusion in the Shang-Chi sets as some have suggested isn’t impossible, but I doubt they’d give away such a big surprise like that in a toy :tongue: (I know they spoiled Giant-Man in CACW, but Korg would be WAY more out of left field in comparison)

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

I’m one of the people who’s really glad that Korg is a minifig. He isn’t as huge as Hulk and making him a bigfig would be weird. That said LEGO does need to come up with a middle ground between minifigs and big figs

Í'll just add a 1x1 plate to every foot and then I'll be perfectly happy :excited:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The way I see it, there are four scenarios in total, and they’re all very positive except for one, which isn’t that bad either:

1. Korg is included in the D2C set and the 2HY sets are based on the MCU. Definitely the best-case scenario in my book :thumbup: Sorry, comic purists :tongue:
  2. Korg is in the D2C set and the 2HY sets are based on something else. Less good, but a $300 set that involves Korg has to be worthwhile, given the limited options.
  3. Korg is part of the 2HY sets. Also a good scenario, because that would increase the chances of multiple MCU sets in June. They wouldn’t just release one random MCU “legacy” set that just happens to feature Korg, would they? :shrug_oh_well: The D2C set is very likely to be MCU-inspired anyway, given the theme’s track record.
  4. Worst case: Korg is neither in the D2C set nor the 2HY ones. They could still all be MCU-based, but there wouldn’t be any solid ground for speculation any more. An inclusion in the Shang-Chi sets as some have suggested isn’t impossible, but I doubt they’d give away such a big surprise like that in a toy :tongue: (I know they spoiled Giant-Man in CACW, but Korg would be WAY more out of left field in comparison)

Great summary. 1, 2, and 3 would all make me happy, and 4 would make me extremely unhappy

13 minutes ago, hvader said:

I really wish LEGO would make more figures like Axl from Nexo Knights. It's the perfect happy medium between the two and I think that scale would be perfect for Korg. 

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, hvader said:

is literally the most prominent villain vehicle in the MCU

The Mandarin's golf kart sends his regards

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah that's not gonna happen.

1. They already made 2 copies of it.
2. It's destroyed and not coming back.
3. The Benatar is the Guardians' new ship, doesn't make sense to draw attention to the old one.
4. It has only been in 2 films, the 2nd of which barely showed it before it's destruction.

I’m sorry but I still don’t think these arguments are valid, especially with how many versions we’ve gotten of the X-Wing, how many Star Wars ships we’ve gotten that have barely been seen or destroyed in the movies. Now I get that the Milano isn’t as iconic as the X-Wing but it’s definitely the most memorable vehicle/ship in the MCU and it’s a way more popular ship than the Benetar (at least until Guardians 3 comes out).

Edited by Moon_Knight

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

Yeah, I still don’t think these arguments are valid, especially with how many versions we’ve gotten of the X-Wing, how many Star Wars ships we’ve gotten that have barely been seen or destroyed in the movies. Just my two cents. Now I get that the Milano isn’t as iconic as the X-Wing but it’s definitely the most memorable vehicle/ship we’ve gotten in the MCU and it’s a way more popular ship than the Benetar (at least until Guardians 3 comes out).

For me, being it destroyed is enough reason already. It's irrelevant. Benatar is the new vehicle that Guardian's used that's why we got it IW sets. If they want to make a UCS version of Guardians ship it should be Benatar not Milano.