Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

I might’ve missed it but there is no guarantee that Korg is in the D2C, right?

Yeah, speculations as of now. Could be a minifigure pack too lolz

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah, speculations as of now. Could be a minifigure pack too lolz

Minifigure packs don't get new molds.

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just to say it again: the D2C is a 1HY set so it'll release in either Q1 or Q2, we're just not sure yet. 

My point being it is coming out sometime in the beginning part of this year, whether it be q1 or q2

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So if the D2C is the set that includes Korg, that lives us with only 5 possibilities:

Sakaar set (very unlikely)

Asgard set (rather unlikely)

Sanctuary II / Asgardian ship (likely)

New Asgard (very unlikely)

Endgame Final Battle (likely)

As you can see, it's more like 2 possibilities in fact. 

I'd say (old) Asgard is one of the more likely options in my opinion. 

New Asgard wouldn't be the most exciting to look at. Sakaar would be, but it would be an odd choice, same with the refuge ship. 

Endgame final battle is one a lot of people would want, but what would it be? A Hoth UCS type thing? 

Maybe some scenery paired with Sanctuary II could work. 

I'm very excited to see how it turns out, regardless. 

9 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Based on the circumstances, that is pretty much the only option that makes sense. A piece has leaked, so it couldn't be Summer sets, and it has been confirmed to not be from the CMF or Advent Calendar. It couldn't be a polybag because of the new piece, and there are no spring sets where Korg would make sense.

5 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I'd say (old) Asgard is one of the more likely options in my opinion. 

New Asgard wouldn't be the most exciting to look at. Sakaar would be, but it would be an odd choice, same with the refuge ship. 

Endgame final battle is one a lot of people would want, but what would it be? A Hoth UCS type thing? 

I'm very excited to see how it turns out, regardless. 

It would just seem so random to have a D2C based on Thor: Ragnarok.

Endgame final Battle could just be Sanctuary II, Avengers Compound (either destroyed or not), portals and the battleground.

Anyway, the build is not what matters in this set, and not even the minfigures - it's the fact that we'd be getting a set based on the scene that culminates The Infinity Saga, 11 years and 23 movies of MCU.

8 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I know an Endgame battle doesn't seem the most feasible, but I still consider it a possibility. Between Giant-Man, the leviathans, the ape type beasts. Luiz's Van, the Sanctuary, and the compound wreckage, I think something cohesive could be made. Not likely, but not impossible.

So it is the minifig head + a new hat/head mould....the piece in itself looks weird but I have good hopes that the whole figure will look good.

Everyone's talking about Endgame or New Asgard... but what if the set is the statesman?

Wow. I don't own Marvel/Avengers sets though I like to keep myself updated on what's going on outside the themes I collect (SW and HP), but reading what's been cooking here the last few hours and thinking about an Endgame's final battle set... Man, If that's true I might end up spending those extra 300$.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Endgame final Battle could just be Sanctuary II, Avengers Compound (either destroyed or not), portals and the battleground.

Just thinking about this gave me goosebumps! :cry_happy:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It would just seem so random to have a D2C based on Thor: Ragnarok.

Anyway, the build is not what matters in this set, and not even the minfigures - it's the fact that we'd be getting a set based on the scene that culminates The Infinity Saga, 11 years and 23 movies of MCU.

True, but Asgard has been present throughout all three phases so far, so it could take elements from each film it appears in. Kind of like the Death Star. 

And I agree - I was just speculating. I'm glad us Marvel fans are finally get our time in the sun.

7 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I know an Endgame battle doesn't seem the most feasible, but I still consider it a possibility. Between Giant-Man, the leviathans, the ape type beasts. Luiz's Van, the Sanctuary, and the compound wreckage, I think something cohesive could be made. Not likely, but not impossible.

Very true. There is quite a lot of stuff they could build now that you mention it. Again, it would have to be rather Hoth-like, but it could work. 

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man people are really jumping on the d2c train

I see it as it could be a few things:

Another polybag? They usually don’t do two per theme, right?

The D2C

A retail exclusive we don’t know about

Something for the summer that leaked really early.

Something just feels to me like it’s not the D2C, especially given FalconFan’s comment.

My money is on a promotional polybag or standard set.

Edited by Brickroll

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is there any other option on what it could be from with Minifigure Dreams having it this early? I'm honestly curious.

7 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Nope. No new molds for polybags.

The Harry Potter polybag last year was the first use of the owl with spread wings mold, although it came in several sets after that.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The Harry Potter polybag last year was the first use of the owl with spread wings mold, although it came in several sets after that.

That's true but...

1. What D2C would a Korg poly correspond to besides something Endgame?

2. What future sets would Korg be in to justify the piece being used in a poly beforehand?

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Just because polybag came out first, doesn’t mean the piece was designed for it in the first place. I mean Ant-man helmet came in dc set first, but it clearly was designed for ant man in the first place.

4 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

That's true but...

1. What D2C would a Korg poly correspond to besides something Endgame?

2. What future sets would Korg be in to justify the piece being used in a poly beforehand?

The D2C could easily be Endgame, it’s just a polybag would go well with the set but maybe not in the set.

The piece could probably be used on other characters such as when they eventually F4, some in house theme, if Korg comes back to the MCU, etc.

My point is largely that we don’t know if this piece will never be used again.

Edited by Brickroll

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The D2C could easily be Endgame, it’s just a polybag would go well with the set but maybe not in the set.

The piece could probably be used on other characters such as when they eventually F4, some in house theme, if Korg comes back to the MCU, etc.

If it is Endgame, they would just put the figure with the new mold into the set.

Licensed parts are rarely reused for in house if they are distinctly part of a character. The piece is a little too specialized for Thing, and I can't see the F4 coming in the next few years, with the unlikely exception of the CMF.

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Okay a question - do you know which set does Korg come in?

I don't want to know which (you definitely can't or won't tell us), but simply - do YOU know?

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah but it’d be too early for summer sets to leak and given that D2C is 1st half of the year, we’re speculating that it’s most likely for the D2C

Don’t think Statesman is an option. I don’t think many people like that ship too much 

8 minutes ago, hvader said:

Don’t think Statesman is an option. I don’t think many people like that ship too much 

I didn't even know it was called the Statesman until this afternoon. :snicker: