Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Godzilla vs Kong is going to be a good gage on how well a movie does in theaters. Especially since it is only less than a month away until that happens 

(my point being)

if it does well while following safety health guidelines, then maybe other movies will stop getting delayed at such an alarming rate

I am tired of delays lol 

You got a point here, but it's not that easy...

Godzilla vs. Kong is a hybrid release date - that means that the cinema attendance data will be somehow "corrupted". As you know, Disney wants to release all their Marvek movies in theatres, which means that they wont6really know if people are ready to go back to theatres.

What I mean is that a lot of people prefer to watch a  movie in their home - unless they have no other option.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The sets could be a wide variety of avengers stuff

I mean don't we say that every year? 

"Oh yeah, how great would it be if they were MCU based" or "man, we need more Endgame sets". 

The way I see it, there are only 3 options: comicbook sets, loose SE based sets and MCU sets. Now I don't see them making an MCU wave 2 years after Endgame's release. The only one that could be based on MCU is that $70 18+ set (helmet probably) and just maybe the $150 set.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

As far as I can tell the date of May was due to Shang Chi at one point being scheduled for a May 7th 2021 release. If the film keeps its July release date, then maybe I can see the sets being released in May still depending on how spoiler heavy they are.

It’s a new Mandarin, isn’t it?

TIME FOR A NEW “ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN”, BABY! LIGHT THAT GOLF CART!!

• 29th January: 76042: The SHIELD Helicarrier was revealed on this date in 2015
  • 17th February: 76042: The SHIELD Helicarrier was released on this date in 2015. 76105: The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition was revealed on this date in 2018
  • 3rd March: 76105: The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition was released on this date in 2018

Given we have passed 29th January, could we see the Lego Marvel D2C be revealed on the 17th February for a potential March release like the Hulkbuster Ultron Edition? Or are we waiting longer? @Falconfan1414

55 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I still like my hypothesis of one being a fin fang foom build and one being an arena battle for the ten rings 

Leaning towards this also based on rumours about the movie. Hopefully Superbowl will give us a teaser trailer for it.

Just now, ReversibleSedgewick said:

It’s a new Mandarin, isn’t it?

TIME FOR A NEW “ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN”, BABY! LIGHT THAT GOLF CART!!

Mandarin is in the movie... apparently the real one this time so fingers crossed :rofl:

Would be a neat Lego Easter Egg if they include a reference to the previous set somehow.

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  • Would be a neat Lego Easter Egg if they include a reference to the previous set somehow.

Real Mandarin has a newspaper accessory of Trevor on the golf cart

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Godzilla vs Kong is going to be a good gage on how well a movie does in theaters. Especially since it is only less than a month away until that happens 

(my point being)

if it does well while following safety health guidelines, then maybe other movies will stop getting delayed at such an alarming rate

I am tired of delays lol 

Going to a theater right now in America at least is just foolish. It's a small box of constantly circulating air and germs.

Everyone needs to take the next few months to let the vaccine spread and hope for a better summer. Does that mean it will happen? Certainly not.

Disney should do a hybrid release for Black Widow and hopefully we will be in good standing by the time Shang Chi is set to come out. May sets releasing for a July movie seems pretty typical.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Mandarin is in the movie... apparently the real one this time so fingers crossed :rofl:

Would be a neat Lego Easter Egg if they include a reference to the previous set somehow.

Oh not JUST a reference... but the WHOLE BUILD will be flaming golf carts!

7 hours ago, hvader said:

Real Mandarin has a newspaper accessory of Trevor on the golf cart

Or even better, set should have improved golf cart with flamethrower with a sticker on a screen showing old set. That would be best selling Marvel set ever!!!

18 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man everyone really thinks it will be based off the video game 

I was thinking this too. Who's to say all upcoming sets labeled 'Marvel Avengers' will be based off the videogame?
Perhaps LEGO decided to look back and retroactively add some more MCU sets based on Endgame or even Infinity War. Or heck, even the older Avengers movies.
And perhaps they are just comic-inspired, which might also bring some very interesting sets. If they're anything like that Bridge Battle from the Spider-Man subtheme.

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

I was thinking this too. Who's to say all upcoming sets labeled 'Marvel Avengers' will be based off the videogame?
Perhaps LEGO decided to look back and retroactively add some more MCU sets based on Endgame or even Infinity War. Or heck, even the older Avengers movies.
And perhaps they are just comic-inspired, which might also bring some very interesting sets. If they're anything like that Bridge Battle from the Spider-Man subtheme.

Regards,
Mitch

I think it is more than likely that these will not be based on past avengers movies, that is too wish-listy. Trust me, I'd love for that to happen but Lego just doesn't do stuff like that unless it is a D2C (example: for the 80th birthday of batman they release a set based off the 1989 batman movie)

Well, it was just a loose theory, but I still doubt they'll all be based on the Square Enix game.
Which is also still possible of course, but not the only possibility, I believe.

Regards,
Mitch

14 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Well, it was just a loose theory, but I still doubt they'll all be based on the Square Enix game.
Which is also still possible of course, but not the only possibility, I believe.

Regards,
Mitch

Definitely not the only possibility. 

There is so much in the Avengers comic lore that these could be almost anything. Just take a look at the roster on the Marvel site, and see all we could potentially have. And that's not counting all the honorary members, West Coast Avengers, Young Avengers, most of the Dark Reign team, and those with other team affiliations that sometimes fill out the roster. I have found myself spending huge chunks of time just browsing through the Marvel character roster. Just pick one primary Avenger, scroll through their history for a bit, and you'll have fodder for any scale set you want.

I hope they take this as an opportunity to give us some new comic variants. Last years Helicarrier, Hulkbuster, and winter wave sets will still be on shelves this summer, so kids will still have access to comic variants of rescue, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man. I hope we can see Ant-Man, Wasp, Doctor Strange,  Scarlet Witch and Vision in these sets. I’m actually really digging the newer designs for these characters and wouldn’t  mind seeing those over the classics (who I think would be good for the mini figure series). Marvel Now’s design for Ant-Man and the Wasp are just everything. We will have a wide array of characters on shelves by this summer so I hope they take this as more incentive to just give us some new. 

also really hope its for the comics and not revisiting old movies. They can do that but please let this specific wave be for comics, the prices are so appealing. 

even though I typically have a general disinterest in avengers sets, I am intrigued as to what that $149.99 set is specifically. (I don't care what version of the avengers these sets are based on, so long as the builds are cool) It can't be ANOTHER helicarrier or Avengers/Stark tower, I doubt it'll be another hulkbuster, so here are some guesses as to what it could be:

Quinjet (Yawn)

AIM research facility (this may force me to buy it lol)

the Ant Hill (I would love this so much)

Avengers Compound (not movie or video game based, just kinda a hybrid idea; I would love this)

I could be horribly off with my guesses, but anything is better than yet another helicarrier, avengers tower/stark tower, and hulkbuster 

What if the $150 set is another mosaic? I would hate that but it's a possibility given how many pieces there are. 

1 minute ago, hvader said:

What if the $150 set is another mosaic? I would hate that but it's a possibility given how many pieces there are. 

Nope 

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

The Art sets have their own set numbers :tongue:

Are we sure that the other 2 Spiderman sets are priced as $19.99? Just2good said in his recent video that's the price is unknown. Just wanna mention that.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Are we sure that the other 2 Spiderman sets are priced as $19.99? Just2good said in his recent video that's the price is unknown. Just wanna mention that.

he messes up info all the time, plus he has a partnership with lego so if he does have his info right he couldn't report on it

45 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah we are. Prices for those set numbers leaked way before the fact that they are Spidey related leaked.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

welp, we are getting a Shang-Chi movie polybag, I am so hyped 

If accurate then April now seems to be the release date for the Shang Chi sets. A polybag was unexpected, will be interesting to see if it's a variant of Shang Chi or just a repeated version from one of the other sets. The remark 'main character' rather than designating Shang Chi is interesting, but for the moment shall consider it to be Shang Chi rather than one of the other characters. Have updated the list with the polybag and dates.

Lego Ninjago would be our best example of what to expect given the description of 'Main character and dragon' polybag, examples would be akin to 30294, 30422, 30535, etc... Personally I hope they go with a Dragon design like below if it's meant to represent a mini Fin Fang Foom.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Nope 

Oh thank god. I was so scared. 

Also Shang-Chi polybag's build is dragon? Fin Fang Foom????

35 minutes ago, hvader said:

Oh thank god. I was so scared. 

Also Shang-Chi polybag's build is dragon? Fin Fang Foom????

if so then a super tiny one. I still hope we get one that is the same scale as an average ninjago dragon or the giant man brick built fig