Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a bald thanos in the d2c....especially because it would require a brand new mold

D2C's are notorious for giving us new molds (The Upside Down, 1989 Batmobile, The Simpsons House, The Kwik-E-Mart, Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ etc etc) But I do understand that what you're saying is we aren't getting a Thanos new mold specifically 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

The idea of making a gauntlet just seems old at this point tbh

Admittedly, Avengers Tower seems old now also - given it was sold when they moved to the Avengers Compound and it's currently expected to either be Oscorp or the Baxter Building. I still feel Avengers Tower is more likely than a Gauntlet. Chances are Lego would go for the Infinity Gauntlet if we got a Gauntlet, because it is the more iconic Gauntlet appearing in more films and being a key factor in Phase 1-3.

• The Shield Helicarrier released in 2015 based around a 2012 movie (3 years)
  • The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition released in 2018 based around a 2015 movie (3 years)
  • The current D2C releasing in 2021 would be based off 2018 or prior (3 years)

Whatever the set is going to be will likely be based on what is an 'old' thing by current standards given the 3 year delay.

Lego Fulcrum on Instagram just posted a pic saying that Spider-Man 3 will have 5 sets in total. In the caption he said take this with a grain of salt but this is exciting nevertheless. (he is a trustworthy leaker)

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Lego Fulcrum on Instagram just posted a pic saying that Spider-Man 3 will have 5 sets in total. In the caption he said take this with a grain of salt but this is exciting nevertheless. (he is a trustworthy leaker)

I would take what he is saying with a huge grain of salt..especially if he is thinking what I think he is thinking which isn’t true 

39 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would take what he is saying with a huge grain of salt..especially if he is thinking what I think he is thinking which isn’t true 

that's what he said in the caption of the photo, and there is no way to tell what you mean or what he meant regarding the 5 alleged sets. 

On 1/25/2021 at 4:38 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a bald thanos in the d2c....especially because it would require a brand new mold

A mould that could be reused for a lot of characters to be fair. But I doubt they'd do it

The Official Lego account has responded to a grammar correction tweet about the Eternals sets. Dispite the fact they haven't officially revealed these sets yet. :facepalm:

Does this count as an official reveal :rofl:

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

A mould that could be reused for a lot of characters to be fair. But I doubt they'd do it

The Official Lego account has responded to a grammar correction tweet about the Eternals sets. Dispite the fact they haven't officially revealed these sets yet. :facepalm:

Does this count as an official reveal :rofl:

Technically they were "officially revelealed" as soon as that catalogue was sent out. 

Yeah I wouldn't take those 5 sets rumour as something reliable. 

I'm pretty sure he just uses the same theory we use for most of movie based sets - search for a pattern in set numbers that we have. You just search for growing set numbers with growing prices.

76189 - 76193 all have growing prices (from $10 to $150), so I think he just used that theory into those sets.

14 minutes ago, JamPotStudios said:

Anyone know if there are rumblings about when the Eternals sets might actually be out?

No one knows for sure, I don't think even Lego knows for sure.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one knows for sure, I don't think even Lego knows for sure.

No worries, I thought that would still be the case but wanted to check I hadn't overlooked something new. Thanks for responding :) I'm actually really looking forward to those sets.

According to this morning's post on Zusammengebaut, there's going to be a Marvel tower with more than 4 floors.  I dunno if I read that correctly, I'm just relying on Google Translate.

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

Edit, the joke's on me, apparently.  It's not April 1, and Zusammengebaut is usually a trustworthy source.  Sorry about that.

The entire article was a joke by Zusammengebaut, and they admitted as such deep in the comments.  I don't usually read the comments on Zusammengebaut, so I took the article at face value even though it seemed a little strange.  I'm sorry for posting something false.  It was entirely unintentional.  Gosh darnit, the 27th of January is not the 1st of April!

Edited by icm

4 minutes ago, icm said:

According to this morning's post on Zusammengebaut, there's going to be a Marvel tower with more than 4 floors.  I dunno if I read that correctly, I'm just relying on Google Translate.

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-keine-spielwarenmesse-2021-alle-lego-neuheiten-113557/

It's a joke article. According to some German members the humor got lost in translation. 

Rats, that's why I need to learn foreign languages.  It's not April 1 yet!

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah I wouldn't take those 5 sets rumour as something reliable. 

I'm pretty sure he just uses the same theory we use for most of movie based sets - search for a pattern in set numbers that we have. You just search for growing set numbers with growing prices.

76189 - 76193 all have growing prices (from $10 to $150), so I think he just used that theory into those sets.

you normally would be right, but this specific guy is trustworthy. He has gotten things to us from his sources before. And again, I said this 2 times, in the caption of his post he said "take this with a huge grain of salt". He heard rumblings from the source community i suppose and wanted to share it 

39 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

you normally would be right, but this specific guy is trustworthy. He has gotten things to us from his sources before. And again, I said this 2 times, in the caption of his post he said "take this with a huge grain of salt". He heard rumblings from the source community i suppose and wanted to share it 

I wouldn't count on it, especially after what @Falconfan1414 says.

The "rumblings from the source" is most likely a guess I'd say.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't count on it, especially after what @Falconfan1414 says.

The "rumblings from the source" is most likely a guess I'd say.

I say it’s most likely a guess because I have seen a lot of people jump on the idea because of 76189-76193. If there was evidence supporting that I would have jumped on that train. All I am saying here is be cautious. Could the 5 set info be right? Yes but even it if he is right until I see otherwise I would still think of it like a math problem where you get the right answer even tho your work is wrong 

5 hours ago, icm said:

Google Translate states "You can't see LEGO DC, LEGO Marvel. Finally a tower built over four floors! It was about time!"

In essence he is saying that the Lego DC and Lego Marvel sets were not on display/shown. His remark about a tower is referring to a video displaying a 4 floor MOC: "LEGO Store model on Fifth Avenue in New Ukonio City"

Good evening,
May I ask, is this real or a joke? I'm a foreigner, I don't understand, because the Spielwarenmesse has been postponed this year. Your info is very nice, I like Harry Potter and Architecture. elbphilharmonie is very, very beautiful, I want to buy this.

I look forward to your feedback
Thank you

He responds to this remark in the comments claiming that the article is a joke, likely a method of playing around. So yes, none of this information should be taken seriously.

Edited by Scarilian

19 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I say it’s most likely a guess because I have seen a lot of people jump on the idea because of 76189-76193. If there was evidence supporting that I would have jumped on that train. All I am saying here is be cautious. Could the 5 set info be right? Yes but even it if he is right until I see otherwise I would still think of it like a math problem where you get the right answer even tho your work is wrong 

you don't understand what I'm saying lol, I'm saying the guy in question, Lego Fulcrum, said the same exact thing you're saying. He said he doesn't know if it is accurate but was just sharing the rumor so take it with a pinch of salt. Other wannabe leakers would've just ran with the info without any hesitation

he also never said WHICH 5 sets were apart of the SM 3 line, he just shared the rumor that 5 may be the amount we get  

Edited by TOTDForever

Yeah, this is pretty much someone doing the exact same thing I did... which was see a bunch of new sets originally planned for Summer and attribute slightly less than half of them to the only movie remaining in the 2021 schedule.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Yeah, this is pretty much someone doing the exact same thing I did... which was see a bunch of new sets originally planned for Summer and attribute slightly less than half of them to the only movie remaining in the 2021 schedule.

as I said this person isn't just some random wannabe, he has some credit to his name. 

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

as I said this person isn't just some random wannabe, he has some credit to his name. 

Lego_Fulcrum was the source of the age listings for some of the sets in my attempt at cataloguing all info we had on January 19th. I believe they are legitimate and provide or relay information. The trouble is this time they are specifying it as a rumour, and its a rumour that as far as I can tell likely originated here as a result of speculation. Lego_Fulcrum themselves acknowledges this in a reply to an individual stating: "It's just a rumour, I’ve heard it from many people for the past week, still don’t know if it’s true, that’s why I posted it as a rumour". They are not trying to pass this as factual or to misinform, so I do not feel we should treat it as more than a rumour at this time.

That said, lets look into its viability and where a rumour might have stemmed from. At minimum we have 11 unknown sets:

• We remove three sets to cover a potential Disney Plus set for WandaVision, TF&TWS and Loki and we are down to 8.
  • Remove another set for the other 18+ set that is likely a Head/Bust now we are down to 7.
  • Remove the two 4+ sets we know about and we are down to 5.

Granted FalconFan1414 has admitted we should not dismiss the 4+ sets as being Spider-man 3 sets, but I think the above is where and how the rumour was generated and unless we get more information on why this rumour is based on more than the above I don't think we should treat the rumour as a potential source this time.

It may very well be accurate, personally I'm leaning to around 5 or 6 sets also, given I honestly believe this is getting the budget that an Avengers wave would normally get. We just don't have anything really clarifying it and Lego_Fulcrum themselves is acknowledging it as a rumour rather than a source at this time.

Edited by Scarilian

6 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Lego_Fulcrum was the source of the age listings for some of the sets in my attempt at cataloguing all info we had on January 19th. I believe they are legitimate and provide or relay information. The trouble is this time they are specifying it as a rumour, and its a rumour that as far as I can tell likely originated here as a result of speculation. Lego_Fulcrum themselves acknowledges this in a reply to an individual stating: "It's just a rumour, I’ve heard it from many people for the past week, still don’t know if it’s true, that’s why I posted it as a rumour". They are not trying to pass this as factual or to misinform, so I do not feel we should treat it as more than a rumour at this time.

That said, lets look into its viability and where a rumour might have stemmed from. At minimum we have 11 unknown sets:

• We remove three sets to cover a potential Disney Plus set for WandaVision, TF&TWS and Loki and we are down to 8.
  • Remove another set for the other 18+ set that is likely a Head/Bust now we are down to 7.
  • Remove the two 4+ sets we know about and we are down to 5.

Granted FalconFan1414 has admitted we should not dismiss the 4+ sets as being Spider-man 3 sets, but I think the above is where and how the rumour was generated and unless we get more information on why this rumour is based on more than the above I don't think we should treat the rumour as a potential source this time.

It may very well be accurate, personally I'm leaning to around 5 or 6 sets also, given I honestly believe this is getting the budget that an Avengers wave would normally get. We just don't have anything really clarifying it and Lego_Fulcrum themselves is acknowledging it as a rumour rather than a source at this time.

By removing 3 for the Wandavision, the Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki are we assuming we will not be getting sets based off of Hawkeye and Ms Marvel or do we know this? I know you are just theorizing just making sure there wasn't something I was missing. Because in theory those last five sets could be 1 for Hawkeye, 1 for Ms Marvel and 3 for spider-man just like the far from home wave.