Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I think it has no choice as the movie it's based upon hasn't come out yet 

Yeah that set has to be in production as long as Black Widow remains unreleased. It would be kind of scary if this set ended up not selling well, but I'm glad it seems to be the opposite. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t rule out 4+ sets as movie sets 

That'd be a little disappointing, unless the set is a super cheap $5-$10 set with 2 minifigures.

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I don't think any of the superhero D2Cs were comic-based, so we shouldn't expect this one to be different. My money is still on the Endgame compound but I can also see Quinjet, Milano, and Avengers Tower. 

To be honest the compound kind of falls under the wishful thinking category for me. By the time the D2C comes out Endgame will already be 2 years old. Its long enough that the hype for the movie is completely gone yet not long enough that it's able to capitalize on nostalgia either.

Plus as a setting the Avengers Compound really isn't that iconic or memorable, especially compared to the Avengers Tower which is the location associated with the team first and foremost. Its hard for me to imagine it would get picked for a D2C before the tower does.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

To be honest the compound kind of falls under the wishful thinking category for me. By the time the D2C comes out Endgame will already be 2 years old. Its long enough that the hype for the movie is completely gone yet not long enough that it's able to capitalize on nostalgia either.

Plus as a setting the Avengers Compound really isn't that iconic or memorable, especially compared to the Avengers Tower which is the location associated with the team first and foremost. Its hard for me to imagine it would get picked for a D2C before the tower does.

I just pray it isn't another helicarrier. I can see it being the Sanctum Sanctorum, that would be awesome 

Id love to see it be Asgard with the rainbow bridge and heimdall and Odin mini figures. But this D2c is more mysterious than the cmf. 

speaking of which... what is to be expected first? The cmf or the d2c set?

Nevermind I got my answer. I looked back at the previous page

Edited by Leggomyleggo

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I should probably specify that this set has an estimated 1HY release, not necessarily Q1.

Could have sworn someone mentioned it as Q1 :shrug_confused: Guess we really don't nothing much to look forward to anytime soon in regards to releases/reveals then, unless WandaVision gets a set announcement or the D2C is actually first quarter. Barring leaks it'll be pretty quiet until late April/May if the Carnage Bust retains release. Was kinda hoping the D2C would give us something the first quarter of the year.

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I’ll do you one better—no one has any idea why a Uatu is.

This got me more than it should have :laugh:

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I can see it being the Sanctum Sanctorum, that would be awesome 

That would be pretty cool, although I only just finally got the Infinity War one so I rather selfishly hope not! 

I think it's likely to be something Avengers related (because it always is). Alternatively, something from Black Panther just because of how big it was. 

But I've been looking at the Diagon Alley and Ninjago city sets recently; if Marvel could do something like that it would be awesome. Although the problem is a) the buildings in the MCU aren't lined up next to each other and b) are there that many points of interest in New York? (Avengers tower, the Sanctum, digging a little deeper you've got things like Nelson & Murdock Law firm, Alias investigations etc... Anything else?)

Edited by SEmrys

A sanctum sanctorum modular style would be nice of course. Just like the chinese garden to fit with the modular buildings. It wouldn’t be a bad idea, especially since it’s a magic house you can go all places with it. 
btw i think they will put comic Red Scarlet and comic Vision in the cmf

3 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Id love to see it be Asgard with the rainbow bridge and heimdall and Odin mini figures. But this D2c is more mysterious than the cmf.

I too would like to see an Asgard set, as it would look nice at the D2C price point, and there are many characters that could be included as minifigures.  In addition to Heimdall and Odin, others that could appear in such a set could include Frigga, Sif, the Warriors Three, and generic Asgardian warriors, plus new variants of Thor and Loki.   For antagonists, they could go with Laufey/Frost Giants (1st movie), Malekith/Kurse/Dark Elves (2nd movie) or Hela/Skurge/Berserkers/Fenris/Surtur (3rd movie).  A lot of possibilities, only a few of which have been made by LEGO before, and would be unlikely to appear in a CMF for the most part.  Bonus points if such a set featured Odin's vault, with the Tessaract, Casket of Ancient Winters, Eternal Flame, and fake Infinity Gauntlet, with a brick-built Destroyer guarding it.

Alternatively, I would like the D2C to represent the final battle of Endgame in some way, whether it be a bigger Avengers Compound, the Sanctuary II, or even an Assault on Hoth-styled collection of various vehicles and brick-built creatures combined with bits of scenery, I'd be all for it if it meant getting new Endgame minifigures that the 2019 Endgame wave skipped over.

12 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I too would like to see an Asgard set, as it would look nice at the D2C price point, and there are many characters that could be included as minifigures.  In addition to Heimdall and Odin, others that could appear in such a set could include Frigga, Sif, the Warriors Three, and generic Asgardian warriors, plus new variants of Thor and Loki.   For antagonists, they could go with Laufey/Frost Giants (1st movie), Malekith/Kurse/Dark Elves (2nd movie) or Hela/Skurge/Berserkers/Fenris/Surtur (3rd movie).  A lot of possibilities, only a few of which have been made by LEGO before, and would be unlikely to appear in a CMF for the most part.  Bonus points if such a set featured Odin's vault, with the Tessaract, Casket of Ancient Winters, Eternal Flame, and fake Infinity Gauntlet, with a brick-built Destroyer guarding it.

Alternatively, I would like the D2C to represent the final battle of Endgame in some way, whether it be a bigger Avengers Compound, the Sanctuary II, or even an Assault on Hoth-styled collection of various vehicles and brick-built creatures combined with bits of scenery, I'd be all for it if it meant getting new Endgame minifigures that the 2019 Endgame wave skipped over.

Asgard would be awesome, but the Sanctuary II . . honestly, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before but that seems very likely. LEGO loves big spaceships, they haven’t done the Sanctuary II in any capacity, Avengers Tower seems unlikely since they did one just recently, they already did the Sanctum Sanctorum (twice). I think it’s highly likely that the D2C might be the Sanctuary II.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Asgard would be awesome, but the Sanctuary II . . honestly, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before but that seems very likely. LEGO loves big spaceships, they haven’t done the Sanctuary II in any capacity, Avengers Tower seems unlikely since they did one just recently, they already did the Sanctum Sanctorum (twice). I think it’s highly likely that the D2C might be the Sanctuary II.

Sanctuary II isn't really an iconic ship though, which makes me doubt LEGO would put it at a $300 pricepoint. Pretty risky.

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sanctuary II isn't really an iconic ship though, which makes me doubt LEGO would put it at a $300 pricepoint. Pretty risky.

I agree, is sounds too niche for the general consumer. 

This probably won't happen either but someone earlier mentioned a Daily Bugle build, I would love that 

Does the D2C need to be location based? I'm wondering if something like an infinity gauntlet with attachable gems and lights for each of them. That would definitely be iconic.

I don’t think Sanctuary II is too niche of a vehicle for LEGO to make. It’s a ship belonging to Thanos, now one of the most popular cinematic villains of all time. 

Infinity gauntlet would be cool also but I’d prefer something minifig-scaled.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

This probably won't happen either but someone earlier mentioned a Daily Bugle build, I would love that 

Daily Bugle would be cool, but since all the D2Cs seem to be movie sets, it’s also unlikely, unless it’s the one from the Raimi films? 

I still think the most likely builds are Avengers related ones, that is the Quinjet, Tower, Milano, or compound. No way they do another helicarrier. Does anyone think the Hall of Armor/Malibu Mansion may be possibilities?

Edited by hvader

52 minutes ago, hvader said:

I still think the most likely builds are Avengers related ones, that is the Quinjet, Tower, Milano, or compound. No way they do another helicarrier. Does anyone think the Hall of Armor/Malibu Mansion may be possibilities?

Oh God. I'll buy it day one. 

If I were making a wishlist for D2C sets that are highly unlikely I'd put on a Doom Castle, X-Mansion, Fisk Building, scaled up Sentinal/s, Galactus.  However I think The Daily Bugle and Avengers Tower are much more likely.  Whatever it is I certainly hope it is minifig scale.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I don’t think Sanctuary II is too niche of a vehicle for LEGO to make. It’s a ship belonging to Thanos, now one of the most popular cinematic villains of all time. 

Infinity gauntlet would be cool also but I’d prefer something minifig-scaled.

Daily Bugle would be cool, but since all the D2Cs seem to be movie sets, it’s also unlikely, unless it’s the one from the Raimi films? 

if they made a raimi D2C I would buy it in a heartbeat, although it is really unlikely 

You guys are way too focused on minifig-scaled stuff in your predictions :laugh: This could very well be a Hulkbuster-type situation, where everyone was expecting pretty much the same things you are naming now. Maybe it‘s something completely off the wall like a statue of Thanos (though that would require too many new parts in lavender) or a UCS-style Quinjet :shrug_oh_well: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You guys are way too focused on minifig-scaled stuff in your predictions :laugh: This could very well be a Hulkbuster-type situation, where everyone was expecting pretty much the same things you are naming now. Maybe it‘s something completely off the wall like a statue of Thanos (though that would require too many new parts in lavender) or a UCS-style Quinjet :shrug_oh_well: 

Yeah, I feel the same, most 18+ sets so far have been large scale display pieces, and not minifig scale models. In that sense, most of y’all are most likely going to be disappointed. I think that a large scale infinity gauntlet is very possible, just because it’s one of the most iconic things from these movies right now, but who knows.

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

statue of Thanos

I'd totally buy that. Whatever the D2C is, I just hope it gives us a new version of Thanos. I desperately need a Thanos that's not bad.

Edited by hvader

36 minutes ago, hvader said:

I'd totally buy that. Whatever the D2C is, I just hope it gives us a new version of Thanos. I desperately need a Thanos that's not bad.

If a bald Thanos figure would be exclusive to a set like that I'd rather never see that fig being produced at all :tongue: 

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If a bald Thanos figure would be exclusive to a set like that I'd rather never see that fig being produced at all :tongue: 

Haha mood. But since we’re probably all going to sacrifice our wallets to buy that D2C, I’d rather for it to have bald Thanos than not.

”A soul for a soul”

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd love a new updated Daily Bugle set, but I can't imagine them making it massive or D2C, at most I could see it being the same size and price as Avengers Tower

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Haha mood. But since we’re probably all going to sacrifice our wallets to buy that D2C, I’d rather for it to have bald Thanos than not.

”A soul for a soul”

2021 is a very expensive year for the 3 themes I'm into so if the set is crap there's no way I'll drop 300 euro on it :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

2021 is a very expensive year for the 3 themes I'm into so if the set is crap there's no way I'll drop 300 euro on it :laugh_hard:

I feel your pain, lego marvel alone is going to make me file for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2021 lol