Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Just my thoughts on what Falcon & Guyon revealed:

Honestly seems about right. Shang Chi has a rather small main cast.

Reveal hidden contents

I'd guess;
One set would have Shang Chi, Katy and Razorfist. Probably based around some sort of fighting tournament. Maybe a Mandarin footsoldier included.
The other would probably have Shang Chi, Mandarin, Xialing and probably Jon Jon - maybe having a brickbuilt Fin Fang Foom as I doubt they will have The Mandarin as a one and done villain for this film and a big final battle seems likely given the movie is about the Ten Rings which are normally magical/alien in nature.

All of these were stated as not being part of Shang Chi or Eternals. Unless a deal was made where potential Morbius or Venom sets would be part of Lego chances are these are a mixture of Spider-man 3, Comic Inspired and maybe a random MCU flashback style set.

• The lack of piece counts being for the $19.99 sets is interesting, personally I'm leaning towards them being a mini-theme of some sorts, remember the CCBS Superhero line?
  • 76189, $9.99 set, might be comic inspired given the low piece count, similar to 76172. EDIT: It's also possible this might be a minifigure pack similar to last time
  • The D2C is likely to be something Avengers related or generally MCU related. Avengers Helicarrier revamp, Avengers Quinjet, Avengers Base, maybe at a stretch the Sanctum Sanctorum (Given Doctor Strange 2 was originally going to be released in May 2021) though admittedly it'd be more of a general Sanctum Sanctorum rather than specifically focused around Doctor Strange 2 in any form

Just hope the majority are great Spider-man 3 sets. Hopefully we see the D2C soon.

Morbius was recently delayed seven months to October and No Time To Die has been delayed indefinitely. A theatrical launch is not viable and Black Widow needs to be released to explain elements in future Disney+ shows. If they push it back further they risk delaying the entire slate another year so chances are it is moving to Disney+. The lack of a theatrical release after all the delays looks bad for Disney, given they could have released it ages ago and it would have helped encourage the merchandise sales while also seeing if the streaming model worked. Now they potentially need to release Black Widow and maybe Shang Chi on streaming services, after delaying both multiple times. As such the last few days Disney has been pushing out a stream of positive news, tons of rumours about things they plan to do in the future, etc... I'm simply expecting a lot of it to be talk designed to keep people onboard when Disney will now release Black Widow on Disney+ after refusing to do so for a year.

I just would'nt be too trusting of announcements of future potential projects/cameos at this point, until Disney get releases sorted.

I would love a Morbius set.  I am reading the new Morbius comic now although with covid I'm behind and will have to find editions 5 and up.  I really would love a Moon Knight fig too.  As Morbius and Moon Knight are 2 of my favorite comics I'm reading currently.  I just hope all this covid crap is calmed down by the time Terrificon is going on in August so I can take my kids it was such a great time a couple of years ago.  

I don't know if someone already pointed this out, as seen in the given details of the upcoming Marvel CMF wave, it is being tagged as Disney Marvel, so I think that is a dead give away that we won't be getting Classic Comic Style.

It could be DisneyXD show designs that somehow is loosely based in MCU or indeed a solid MCU based (what we missed on the lego sets) minifigures. Just a thought.

45 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't know if someone already pointed this out, as seen in the given details of the upcoming Marvel CMF wave, it is being tagged as Disney Marvel, so I think that is a dead give away that we won't be getting Classic Comic Style.

It could be DisneyXD show designs that somehow is loosely based in MCU or indeed a solid MCU based (what we missed on the lego sets) minifigures. Just a thought.

Granted all sets for marvel were tagged as Disney marvel

Disney owns Marvel I think that is the sole reason for the series being designated as Disney Marvel. Personally I don't see this saying anything about the series in general and what source material they will use.

Any idea when we will start to see leaks/ pics of the Shang-Chi sets as the film is currently due in July and I am really curious to see if we are indeed getting Fin Fang Foom in Lego as he is my all time favorite Marvel character.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Granted all sets for marvel were tagged as Disney marvel

Ugh. Then some of them are comic stuff. Ahhhhh 

Anyways, MCU or comic this is the first time I'll be getting a set of CMF. I'm looking forward to this. Show support for us to warrant another series. 

PS. If this is MCU based it will be mind blowing. Especially if they do missing characters from sets.

Yeah honestly with 12 minfigures the CMF could be based only on Endgame - for example Iron Man (85, but with dual moulding and printing), Captain America (stealth or scaled), Thor (beard with Mjölnir and Stormbreaker), Black Widow (red / blonde hair), Hawkeye (Ronin), Professor Hulk, War Machine (Iron Patriot), Ant-Man (new helmet and printing), Captain Marvel (short hair), Rocket (new suit), Valkyrie and Thanos. 

That would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

Any idea when we will start to see leaks/ pics of the Shang-Chi sets as the film is currently due in July and I am really curious to see if we are indeed getting Fin Fang Foom in Lego as he is my all time favorite Marvel character.

we can only really guess, when they come out it is up to the people who have access to the information/pics

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah honestly with 12 minfigures the CMF could be based only on Endgame - for example Iron Man (85, but with dual moulding and printing), Captain America (stealth or scaled), Thor (beard with Mjölnir and Stormbreaker), Black Widow (red / blonde hair), Hawkeye (Ronin), Professor Hulk, War Machine (Iron Patriot), Ant-Man (new helmet and printing), Captain Marvel (short hair), Rocket (new suit), Valkyrie and Thanos. 

That would be fantastic.

Ant Man and Captain Marvel could probably use new face prints...their heads are not very accurate.

I have many Marvel figures on my wishlist ... but i’m really hoping we get Squirrel Girl! It’d be an ideal way to get her, she’s a fan favourite and at least as left-field and ridiculous as getting Batmite in the DC series ??? ... it’d also be a sweet way to introduce a new squirrel mould as her sidekick.

Edited by williejm
Typo

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be fantastic.

Sounds nice as I would love Endgame version of these characters. Buuut Hulk and Thanos would have to be bigfigs to do them justice, doing them as regular minifigs just won't work.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That would be fantastic.

Interesting list although I'd definetely remove Hulk and Thanos, those 2 just don't work as minifigures. The figure I want most out of a MCU CMF is Peggy Carter. 

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Interesting list although I'd definetely remove Hulk and Thanos, those 2 just don't work as minifigures. The figure I want most out of a MCU CMF is Peggy Carter. 

They need to eventually give us an accurate Thanos but I agree he doesn't seem to fit in a CMF.

No matter what way they go with the cmf. 7 characters you can count on are iron man, captain America, thor, hulk, black widow, Hawkeye, and Spider-Man 

Calling it, we're getting comic Bruce Banner with a regular face and a face that's half green

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Calling it, we're getting comic Bruce Banner with a regular face and a face that's half green

At least a neat Bruce Banner variant would be way better and more usefull than a Hulk minifigure that might as well have come straight from the uncanny valley :laugh_hard:

I really don’t know if Marvel CMF Series would be based on MCU characters when there are 12 figures? Even if it’s pure MCU or pure comic or even mix, it’s still a limited figure selection. 

I would bet on Captian America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc. but not sure Hulk ... it’s only a big guy with a large Boyd mold. 

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least a neat Bruce Banner variant would be way better and more usefull than a Hulk minifigure that might as well have come straight from the uncanny valley :laugh_hard:

I just saw that one! I agreed. 

Okay so now it's confirmed Charlie Cox / Daredevil is indeed in the movie and already wraps shooting. I want a minifigure of him! 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Okay so now it's confirmed Charlie Cox / Daredevil is indeed in the movie and already wraps shooting. I want a minifigure of him! 

I do too but I highly doubt that he'll actually suit up in the film. He'll most likely just appear as Peters lawyer. 

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do too but I highly doubt that he'll actually suit up in the film. He'll most likely just appear as Peters lawyer. 

what if there is a scene where some threat attacks the court room (assuming there is a court room scene) and we get that as a lego set? Then we wouldn't need him to suit up in order for us to get a minifig of him, we can just get a Matt Murdok minifig 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Movie is so jump packed. He better suit up with small fight scenes or in post credit. Lego was not playing when they put the stickers of DD in Sanctum set. Haha

Watching the first 2 episodes of WandaVision makes me want tie-in sets even more.

Whether Daredevil comes in a Spidey 3 set or not will entirely depend on how big of a role he’ll play. For me, I’d be happy if all we get is a Matt Murdock figure.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well I mean I think he could show up

he will in the movie for sure now, lego on the other hand is hard to tell. But if there truly is more than 1 Spider-Man 3 set than our odds are slightly increased