Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

MCU also has more of a expiration date then a comic series. Comic they could come back at any point and do

I would love for Marvel (and DC) to receive more than one series. I figure they’re both popular enough to warrant it. If they did do an MCU series I’d hope they come back and make a comics one. Also Lego should take note from this series and make any future licensed series, especially one as popular as Marvel, bigger. The 12 figure series is such a let down I wish they’d have capitalized on the popularity of this brand and make more figures.

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That won't happen. That's just how minfigures look, and it's a matter of creative choice from Lego.

In German there is a saying: The hope is the last one dying :,D

I am not 100% sure that it will never happen after the bald bandana headgear and some other hairpiecces. To me it seems more like a tactic for saving money... like the orcs without hairpiece or headgear, which looked just terrible next to the ones with ears. There was even a bald hairpiece with pointy ears exclusive to the Goblin king set.

21 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The DC CMF gave basically all their figures arm and leg printing, don't see why Marvel wouldn't have it. Plus we did just get a nice new Spider Man with arm printing (minus dual printed legs, but there were plenty from the 2019-2020 sets). If we got say a first appearance Spidey in the CMF, he'd absolutely have web printing on his legs too

Oh I don´t doubt there will be well-made figures. Every single dc one was really well made into minifigure form. I just doubt there will be a classic spiderman and similar iconic characters/versions. I´d expect stuff like Peter in his wrestling outfit or another not that well known spidermaan suit to be includet, that makes hardcore fans collecting variants cheer up and is "fine/ok" for many average customers... just like it wasn´t classic superman with dual moulded printed legs and a printed cape in the DC wave.

If this CMF is actually based on the MCU (which I think I would actually prefer having thought about it) hopefully that could mean we could finally get Homecoming's home-made Spider-Man suit. 

Also if there was a choice which Endgame Thor would you guys prefer: Fat Thor or the final battle Thor with the braided beard? 

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also if there was a choice which Endgame Thor would you guys prefer: Fat Thor or the final battle Thor with the braided beard? 

I would personally prefer Viking Thor / final battle Thor.

18 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The latter, for me. Both would be very cool to have and both have advantages regarding new minifigure pieces, but the armored version is also more plausible, in spite of Fat Thor's popularity, I believe.

Regards,
Mitch

Both are welcome additions but if I have to choose one, I think final battle Thor is more ideal for general

audience. I cannot imagine a new it without a new mold for Stormbreaker tho. 

A LEGO catalog just got delivered at my house and I'm furious. First of all this really surprised me as the Netherlands usually only get 1HY and 2HY catalogs and you have to pick those up at a store yourself but that's besides the point. 

Dutch/European prices for the Eternals sets: 
- Eternals' Aerial Assault - 10 euro
- Deviant Ambush - 25 euro
- In Arishem's Shadow - 70 euro
- Rise of the Domo - 110 euro

Although Arishem's price is a bit on the high side for what we're used to here the 2 small sets have a great price. The Domo...... is infuriating. I really hope this is just a misprint because 110 euro for a set that costs $90 in the US is just unacceptable! :damn:

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Although Arishem's price is a bit on the high side for what we're used to here the 2 small sets have a great price. The Domo...... is infuriating. I really hope this is just a misprint because 110 euro for a set that costs $90 in the US is just unacceptable! :damn:

Yea that's Europe for you :hmpf:.In the US they have it good when it comes to set prices,here in EU the prices are off the chart.

42 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Yea that's Europe for you :hmpf:.In the US they have it good when it comes to set prices,here in EU the prices are off the chart.

I think that's a bit over-generalized. There are sets that are better priced in Europe/UK and ones that are better in the US (especially once you consider tax)

10 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I think that's a bit over-generalized. There are sets that are better priced in Europe/UK and ones that are better in the US (especially once you consider tax)

I'm not saying in all of EU but in some places the prices are rather steep.

For example 80010 costs 89,99$ in the US,now convert that price in euro and it's 74.The same set here in Greece costs 100 euro,so yea it's rather steep.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I'm not saying in all of EU but in some places the prices are rather steep.

For example 80010 costs 89,99$ in the US,now convert that price in euro and it's 74.The same set here in Greece costs 100 euro,so yea it's rather steep.

I am sorry :( I can understand why that is frustrating. Do sets still release at the same time world wide to compensate?

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am sorry :( I can understand why that is frustrating. Do sets still release at the same time world wide to compensate?

Atleast here in Greece they arrive late by a week or two at best,it's much better nowadays compared to 5 or 6 years ago. 

I remember way back in 2008 when the Power Miners sets released during late November in the US,two months earlier and here in Greece we got them late January 2009.I still remember how jealous I was when watching those reviews on YouTube :grin:

4 hours ago, hvader said:

Could just be a method of distracting from Black Widow getting delayed (or moved to Disney+) along with the potential delay for Shang Chi

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Could just be a method of distracting from Black Widow getting delayed (or moved to Disney+) along with the potential delay for Shang Chi

what do you mean? 

Just my thoughts on what Falcon & Guyon revealed:

• 76176 $30 (Shang Chi)
  • 76177 $40 (Shang Chi)

Honestly seems about right. Shang Chi has a rather small main cast.

Spoiler

I'd guess;
One set would have Shang Chi, Katy and Razorfist. Probably based around some sort of fighting tournament. Maybe a Mandarin footsoldier included.
The other would probably have Shang Chi, Mandarin, Xialing and probably Jon Jon - maybe having a brickbuilt Fin Fang Foom as I doubt they will have The Mandarin as a one and done villain for this film and a big final battle seems likely given the movie is about the Ten Rings which are normally magical/alien in nature.

• 76184: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel) 
  • 76185: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel) 
  • 76186: $39.99 (202 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76189: $9.99 (49 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76190: $39.99 (479 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76191: $69.99 (590 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76192: $69.99 (527 pieces) (marvel) 
  • 76193: $149.99 (1901 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76194: $34.99 (369 pieces) (marvel)
  • 76195: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel)
  • ? $300 (D2C) (Marvel)

All of these were stated as not being part of Shang Chi or Eternals. Unless a deal was made where potential Morbius or Venom sets would be part of Lego chances are these are a mixture of Spider-man 3, Comic Inspired and maybe a random MCU flashback style set.

• The lack of piece counts being for the $19.99 sets is interesting, personally I'm leaning towards them being a mini-theme of some sorts, remember the CCBS Superhero line?
  • 76189, $9.99 set, might be comic inspired given the low piece count, similar to 76172. EDIT: It's also possible this might be a minifigure pack similar to last time
  • The D2C is likely to be something Avengers related or generally MCU related. Avengers Helicarrier revamp, Avengers Quinjet, Avengers Base, maybe at a stretch the Sanctum Sanctorum (Given Doctor Strange 2 was originally going to be released in May 2021) though admittedly it'd be more of a general Sanctum Sanctorum rather than specifically focused around Doctor Strange 2 in any form

Just hope the majority are great Spider-man 3 sets. Hopefully we see the D2C soon.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

what do you mean? 

Morbius was recently delayed seven months to October and No Time To Die has been delayed indefinitely. A theatrical launch is not viable and Black Widow needs to be released to explain elements in future Disney+ shows. If they push it back further they risk delaying the entire slate another year so chances are it is moving to Disney+. The lack of a theatrical release after all the delays looks bad for Disney, given they could have released it ages ago and it would have helped encourage the merchandise sales while also seeing if the streaming model worked. Now they potentially need to release Black Widow and maybe Shang Chi on streaming services, after delaying both multiple times. As such the last few days Disney has been pushing out a stream of positive news, tons of rumours about things they plan to do in the future, etc... I'm simply expecting a lot of it to be talk designed to keep people onboard when Disney will now release Black Widow on Disney+ after refusing to do so for a year.

I just would'nt be too trusting of announcements of future potential projects/cameos at this point, until Disney get releases sorted.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Scarilian said:

Just my thoughts on what Falcon & Guyon revealed:

Honestly seems about right. Shang Chi has a rather small main cast.

Reveal hidden contents

I'd guess;
One set would have Shang Chi, Katy and Razorfist. Probably based around some sort of fighting tournament. Maybe a Mandarin footsoldier included.
The other would probably have Shang Chi, Mandarin, Xialing and probably Jon Jon - maybe having a brickbuilt Fin Fang Foom as I doubt they will have The Mandarin as a one and done villain for this film and a big final battle seems likely given the movie is about the Ten Rings which are normally magical/alien in nature.

All of these were stated as not being part of Shang Chi or Eternals. Unless a deal was made where potential Morbius or Venom sets would be part of Lego chances are these are a mixture of Spider-man 3, Comic Inspired and maybe a random MCU flashback style set.

• The lack of piece counts being for the $19.99 sets is interesting, personally I'm leaning towards them being a mini-theme of some sorts, remember the CCBS Superhero line?
  • 76189, $9.99 set, might be comic inspired given the low piece count, similar to 76172.
  • The D2C is likely to be something Avengers related or generally MCU related. Avengers Helicarrier revamp, Avengers Quinjet, Avengers Base, maybe at a stretch the Sanctum Sanctorum (Given Doctor Strange 2 was originally going to be released in May 2021) though admittedly it'd be more of a general Sanctum Sanctorum rather than specifically focused around Doctor Strange 2 in any form

Just hope the majority are great Spider-man 3 sets. Hopefully we see the D2C soon.

Morbius was recently delayed seven months to October and No Time To Die has been delayed indefinitely. A theatrical launch is not viable and Black Widow needs to be released to explain elements in future Disney+ shows. If they push it back further they risk delaying the entire slate another year so chances are it is moving to Disney+. The lack of a theatrical release after all the delays looks bad for Disney, given they could have released it ages ago and it would have helped encourage the merchandise sales while also seeing if the streaming model worked. Now they potentially need to release Black Widow and maybe Shang Chi on streaming services, after delaying both multiple times. As such the last few days Disney has been pushing out a stream of positive news, tons of rumours about things they plan to do in the future, etc... I'm simply expecting a lot of it to be talk designed to keep people onboard when Disney will now release Black Widow on Disney+ after refusing to do so for a year.

I just would'nt be too trusting of announcements of future potential projects/cameos at this point, until Disney get releases sorted.

I do think a lot of those set numbers are tied to the SM 3 sets. I kinda hope they are released both in theaters and on streaming services

Just now, PGBQW said:

Okay, I'm confused.

So the D2C is Marvel? Is it DC? Are we getting 2?

there is a $299 marvel D2C and a what i assume is another expensive DC D2C (i could be wrong on the DC part though, someone please confirm)

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

My guess is that Black Widow, and probably Shang Chi, will get the same treatment that Mulan got. Released to streaming platforms for purchase access for the length of time the movie would have been in theatres, then gets added to the available movies for regular Disney+ subscribers.

17 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Now they potentially need to release Black Widow and maybe Shang Chi on streaming services, after delaying both multiple times.

Black Widow I can see on Disney+, Shang-Chi will 100% stay theatrical. It's one of the most anticipated movies of the year, and Disney will likely anger a lot of Asian Marvel fans if they make their first Asian superhero film a streaming film (as an Asian person myself, I wouldn't be happy if Shang-Chi becomes a streaming movie). I wouldn't say anything definitive about Black Widow just yet because it comes out in May. I think a Disney+ announcement, if there is any, will likely come closer to that date. 

I don't think the news about Chris Evans returning is a distraction to deal with the delays. His return was inevitable, and they probably revealed it now to make everyone excited about Phase 4 before WandaVision releases tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The D2C is likely to be something Avengers related or generally MCU related. Avengers Helicarrier revamp, Avengers Quinjet, Avengers Base, maybe at a stretch the Sanctum Sanctorum (Given Doctor Strange 2 was originally going to be released in May 2021) though admittedly it'd be more of a general Sanctum Sanctorum rather than specifically focused around Doctor Strange 2 in any form

These are all great ideas! I personally want an Avengers compound because it's such an important MCU location yet we only got 1 set that came with it. 

Edited by hvader

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I do think a lot of those set numbers are tied to the SM 3 sets. I kinda hope they are released both in theaters and on streaming services

I'm leaning towards 76190, 76191, 76192, 76193, 76194 as the potential Spider-man 3 sets. Maybe throw in one of the $19.99 sets also

Just now, PGBQW said:

So the D2C is Marvel? Is it DC? Are we getting 2?

Marvel is getting a $300 D2C according to reports we had a while back, this is apparently a 'First Half Of 2021' set.  The $149.99 set is not the Marvel D2C, but something seperate apparently.
DC is apparently getting a $200 one (though unfamiliar with exact details, just what I read prior from this thread)

12 (?) wave Marvel CMF

I personally could see a mini-wave covering the characters from the Disney+ shows honestly:

1. Wanda, Comic Accurate Outfit (WandaVision)
  2. Vision, Comic Accurate Outfit (WandaVision)
  3. Monica Rambeau (WandaVision)
  4. Falcon, Cap Inspired Outfit (TF&TWS)
  5. Winter Soldier (TF&TWS)
  6. Baron Zemo (TF&TWS)
  7. Loki (Loki)
  8. Hawkeye, Ronin Outfit (Hawkeye)
  9. Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
  10. Kamala Khan/Ms.Marvel (Ms.Marvel)
  11. Uatu/The Watcher (What If)
  12. Stan Lee

27 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'm leaning towards 76190, 76191, 76192, 76193, 76194 as the potential Spider-man 3 sets. Maybe throw in one of the $19.99 sets also

Marvel is getting a $300 D2C according to reports we had a while back, this is apparently a 'First Half Of 2021' set.  The $149.99 set is not the Marvel D2C, but something seperate apparently.
DC is apparently getting a $200 one (though unfamiliar with exact details, just what I read prior from this thread)

I personally could see a mini-wave covering the characters from the Disney+ shows honestly:

1. Wanda, Comic Accurate Outfit (WandaVision)
  2. Vision, Comic Accurate Outfit (WandaVision)
  3. Monica Rambeau (WandaVision)
  4. Falcon, Cap Inspired Outfit (TF&TWS)
  5. Winter Soldier (TF&TWS)
  6. Baron Zemo (TF&TWS)
  7. Loki (Loki)
  8. Hawkeye, Ronin Outfit (Hawkeye)
  9. Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
  10. Kamala Khan/Ms.Marvel (Ms.Marvel)
  11. Uatu/The Watcher (What If)
  12. Stan Lee

After the Eternals sets leaked, I'm surprised no one's put Black Knight on their hypothetical Marvel cmf list.

A Hasbro Titan Hero Series Falcon in his Captain America outfit from F+WS is revealed. I need a LEGO figure of him. 

55 minutes ago, hvader said:

A Hasbro Titan Hero Series Falcon in his Captain America outfit from F+WS is revealed. I need a LEGO figure of him. 

I hope his suit in minifig form is silver in place of the white shown on that figure (i think it would look better)

assuming we get sets that is lol

Edited by TOTDForever