Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Here's hoping the $40 set with 202 pieces is minifig heavy like the Ninjago Gamers Market and not just a terrible ppp ratio.  That would certainly be exciting.

That's probably a good shout. No idea what it could be if it was a figure heavy set though. Maybe a Venomized character pack or an X-Men catch-up set. Or maybe it's a WandaVision set, and all the extra minifigures are the live studio audience :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That's probably a good shout. No idea what it could be if it was a figure heavy set though. Maybe a Venomized character pack or an X-Men catch-up set. Or maybe it's a WandaVision set, and all the extra minifigures are the live studio audience :laugh:

If figure heavy it could be a small arena build for Shang chi and it could have all sorts of marvel characters that are supposed to appear in it including Beatroc the leaper and Omega red or maybe wong

Edited by Noobmaster69

Just now, Noobmaster69 said:

If figure heavy it could be a small arena build for Shang chi and it could have all sorts of marvel characters that are supposed to appear in it including Beatroc the leaper and Omega red or maybe wong

It's not a Shang Chi set.

One of the most wonderful news I have heard in my EB existence. While I love classic comic stuff, I'm leaning towards MCU based CMF or newer iterations from comics that is loosely based on MCU designs. Because that's where the market is. And I also don't think it will include any Xmen characters as they would have to wait to be introduced in MCU before making a set or figures of them again.

Some of these sets have to be D+ based. Lego’s surely had enough time to make merchandise for Wandavision and Falcon/Winter Soldier at least with them getting pushed back an entire year. At least one set for each series would be a dream, but we’ll have to see.

I agree that a few of these are probably based on MCU Spider-Man 3. Even though I think that the film itself is going to get pushed back to 2022, these sets are going to do well whenever they come out because Spidey sells. Perhaps my theory that the Daily Bugle will play a prominent role and be the flagship set for the movie wasn’t too far off? :oh3:

I know this is kinda random but if the series is comic based I would like it to be

comic iron man (either original or full gold suit)

comic cap (with new helmet peice based of endgame helmet except with wings)

comic Thor (with hat hair combo and please a new duel molded hammer)

comic Hawkeye (with cowl)

comic Nick fury (maybe dual molded hair)

comic black widow

comic ant man ( with comic helemet)

comic wasp maybe 

comic vision 

comic scarlet witch (with hat hair combo)

comic spider man

Comic Loki (for this I don’t think we would need a hat hair combo)

I know there’s not a lot of villains but I think this would be a good way to go.

4 hours ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Here's hoping the $40 set with 202 pieces is minifig heavy like the Ninjago Gamers Market and not just a terrible ppp ratio.  That would certainly be exciting.

A tournament set with Shang Chi, Wenwu, Razor Fist, and the other sorcerers and warriors rumored for the movie? That’ll become one of the best selling sets of the year

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

Does anyone have any idea of what the D2C set could be?

My best guess would be something based off of either Avengers: Endgame or Avengers: Infinity War as the last D2C sets were based off of Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Could also be the Milano from GOTG which could be cool and could lead to an ego figure or something

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could be literally anything.

Galactus, Baxter Building, X-Mansion,Avengers Mansion (comics), Stark Tower (MCU or comics) would all be neat.

My two wishes are; make it minifgure scale, I understand sets like the Helicarrier and Hogwarts can’t be reasonably done to figure scale so I would hope they avoid any build that would similarly require micro figures. Even if they include normal figures I want a build they can interact with (think Cloud City). Include a higher dosage of figures, Star Wars sets have gotten 17, can we stop getting 5 max in sets as huge as this? The Batman 89 sets and the Hulkbuster all had weak figure counts. Even if it was relevant to the source material of those sets, give us a set that can produce many figures. 

i’m getting a feeling the summer wave is going to be Disney + sets and Spiderman 3. It’d be pretty amazing if we got an X-Men set, with all those set numbers do you blame me for dreaming? But rumor has it the Spider Copter sold better than the X-Jet so its unlikely.

Edited by cosmic

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

i’m getting a feeling the summer wave is going to be Disney + sets and Spiderman 3. It’d be pretty amazing if we got an X-Men set, with all those set numbers do you blame me for dreaming? But rumor has it the Spider Copter sold better than the X-Jet so its unlikely.

You can keep dreaming if that's what you want but I highly doubt we're gonna see any X-Men or F4 sets before their MCU debut :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You can keep dreaming if that's what you want but I highly doubt we're gonna see any X-Men or F4 sets before their MCU debut :shrug_oh_well:

I think the only way we could see those characters before MCU debut is comic based Marvel CMF series, which is not that likely to begin with.

F4 is most likely a 2023 movie, but we'll have to wait a long time for X-Men unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely agreed. We all want X Men and F4 sets ASAP but we must realize that LEGO likely won’t make them until their MCU movies come out, especially considering how poorly the previous X Men sets have sold.

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I said it was unlikely, perhaps wishing is a more appropriate term over dreaming. 

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the only way we could see those characters before MCU debut is comic based Marvel CMF series, which is not that likely to begin with.

F4 is most likely a 2023 movie, but we'll have to wait a long time for X-Men unfortunately. 

Why is a comic MCU series unlikely? I would like to see more MCU fans making their wishlists bc I can’t envision an enticing series that doesn’t include some of the iconic comic suits we are missing. Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor each have like 3 different comic suits I want to see them in. We are missing comic versions of the Guardians, Inhumans, and heroes like Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Moon Knight. Every MCU list i see is alternate MCU suits to preexisting MCU figures. Some lists don’t even specify the suit of the figure we are missing, simply that they must appear in an MCU variant. I think it should be split to appease both fans, an MCU series sounds so boring and every list I’ve seen made has kinda confirmed that for me. On the bright side I seem to be in the minority since you didn’t even believe a comic series is likely, so obviously the consensus is an MCU series would sell very well and is in higher demand. To each their own I suppose. 

imagine if we get an updated Michelle minifig for the Spider-Man 3 sets, I really disliked her portrayal in the Hydro-Man Attack set. Aunt May would be an awesome fig to have, we need a accurate portrayal of Happy because the FFH one was.....yikes.

I really hope the gimmick of these sets is to collect every version of Spider-Man and all villains/potential members of the Sinister 6 (if that is the route they finally decide to go on).

my thinking is if there are 3 sets in the sm3 wave then each set could have a different Spider-Man tackling a different villain.

Doc Ock for Tobey's

Electro for Andrew's 

Whatever the primary villain is for Tom (someone correct me on who that is please because I swore it was Kraven at one point but now I'm not so sure)

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I said it was unlikely, perhaps wishing is a more appropriate term over dreaming. 

Why is a comic MCU series unlikely? I would like to see more MCU fans making their wishlists bc I can’t envision an enticing series that doesn’t include some of the iconic comic suits we are missing. Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor each have like 3 different comic suits I want to see them in. We are missing comic versions of the Guardians, Inhumans, and heroes like Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Moon Knight. Every MCU list i see is alternate MCU suits to preexisting MCU figures. Some lists don’t even specify the suit of the figure we are missing, simply that they must appear in an MCU variant. I think it should be split to appease both fans, an MCU series sounds so boring and every list I’ve seen made has kinda confirmed that for me. On the bright side I seem to be in the minority since you didn’t even believe a comic series is likely, so obviously the consensus is an MCU series would sell very well and is in higher demand. To each their own I suppose. 

Because MCU is actually more popular than Marvel Comics right now.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

imagine if we get an updated Michelle minifig for the Spider-Man 3 sets, I really disliked her portrayal in the Hydro-Man Attack set. Aunt May would be an awesome fig to have, we need a accurate portrayal of Happy because the FFH one was.....yikes.

I really hope the gimmick of these sets is to collect every version of Spider-Man and all villains/potential members of the Sinister 6 (if that is the route they finally decide to go on).

my thinking is if there are 3 sets in the sm3 wave then each set could have a different Spider-Man tackling a different villain.

Doc Ock for Tobey's

Electro for Andrew's 

Whatever the primary villain is for Tom (someone correct me on who that is please because I swore it was Kraven at one point but now I'm not so sure)

3 is a very light guess

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

3 is a very light guess

If we get more than three, this will be the first standalone movie since Civil War to be a full wave, right?

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

3 is a very light guess

:0 I need these sets like it was yesterday. could most of the marvel set numbers yesterday be for SM 3? 

At most I assumed 5 given your podcast with Golden Ninja, but I didn't think it genuinely possible ? 

Edited by TOTDForever

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

3 is a very light guess

Hopefully its not the entirety of the summer wave. 

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because MCU is actually more popular than Marvel Comics right now.

Okay well I’ve yet to see an MCU wishlist that looks exciting in the slightest sonI encourage the MCU fans to keep making wishlist. Obviously the cinematic universe is more appealing than the comics but you’d be surprised how many normal people began reading comics bc of the MCU. Idk the lists I’ve seen for the MCU are all underwhelming to say the least.

Just now, cosmic said:

Hopefully its not the entirety of the summer wave. 

Okay well I’ve yet to see an MCU wishlist that looks exciting in the slightest sonI encourage the MCU fans to keep making wishlist. Obviously the cinematic universe is more appealing than the comics but you’d be surprised how many normal people began reading comics bc of the MCU. Idk the lists I’ve seen for the MCU are all underwhelming to say the least.

I mean it from a business point of view. I think that a series based on MCU would just sell better.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean it from a business point of view. I think that a series based on MCU would just sell better.

MCU also has more of a expiration date then a comic series. Comic they could come back at any point and do