Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

There is also What If . . . on the horizon, so a huge Uatu build, like The Child from Star Wars, is a distinct possibility. Paired with Stan Lee in the space suit would make it perfect.

My wants if the CMF is comics based:
The Lizard - Either with the faun legs in green and purple, or a new clawed foot add-on mold, the robe piece in white for the lab coat, new head mold
90's Yondu - Robe again, this time red edged in yellow, new large frill piece
Namor - Atlantian battle armor
Silver Samurai - no new molds, but chrome it all except the head
Dr. Druid
Squirrel Girl
Mystique
Madame Web
Mr. Sinister
Eternity
Lilandra Neramani
Dormommu

My wants if the CMF is MCU based:
Fed-Ex Stan Lee
Old Man Steve Rogers
King Laufey
Sif
Kraglin
Malekith
Frigga
Luis (Michael Peña)
Peggy Carter
T'Chaka
Okoye
Zuri

76184: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel) 

76185: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel) 

76186: $39.99 (202 pieces) (marvel) 

76189: $9.99 (49 pieces) (marvel)

76190: $39.99 (479 pieces) (marvel)

76191: $69.99 (590 pieces) (marvel)

76192: $69.99 (527 pieces) (marvel) 

76193: $149.99 (1901 pieces) (marvel)

76194: $34.99 (369 pieces) (marvel)

76195: $19.99 (no piece count) (marvel)

all confirmed to be marvel

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Whoop! also 3 $19.99 sets? Okay some of these have to be SM 3 now (i said that before but since these are all marvel then this maybe solidifies that fact

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

And I thought last summer wave would ruin my bank between the Helicarrier and the Tower. Fingers crossed I can start work again soon to save some money up

I don't really tend to take notice of the set numbers, but do we know what/if any set numbers are for Shang-Chi? Also the hell is in a £40 set with 202 pieces?

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I don't really tend to take notice of the set numbers, but do we know what/if any set numbers are for Shang-Chi? Also the hell is in a £40 set with 202 pieces?

Neither the Shang Chi nor the Eternals sets are part of this list. 

Of course it will all depend on the content, but 2021 is starting to feel like it could be the Lego Marvel comeback we've been wanting so desperately.

As for no $9.99 sets, good. I hope they quit selling the mechs and just give us the figs like they seem to be doing.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

hehehehehe that is reassuring 

1 minute ago, nintendude64 said:

Of course it will all depend on the content, but 2021 is starting to feel like it could be the Lego Marvel comeback we've been wanting so desperately.

As for no $9.99 sets, good. I hope they quit selling the mechs and just give us the figs like they seem to be doing.

Mechs are usually winter stuff 

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The ppp ratio is all over the place. I am particularly curious about 76193 and 78186, as they seem to be the best and worst, but they are drastically different. I’m also interested in 76193 since we haven’t had a set that large in a while. What would be something of that size, and what movie could it be from?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Okay I'm pretty sure now that 76176 ($30) and 76177 ($40) are Shang-Chi sets. Hope you'll be able to confirm that, but that is literally the only logical option as of right now.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay I'm pretty sure now that 76176 ($30) and 76177 ($40) are Shang-Chi sets. Hope you'll be able to confirm that, but that is literally the only logical option as of right now.

Bingo.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is simply not true. Besides the many fan favorite outfits and suits we haven't gotten yet there are still a lot of characters that haven't been made yet. 

Looks like DC is getting a $200+ set as well so the D2C is all but confirmed to be Marvel at this point. 

In reference to the list I was talking to, he had no new characters just new variants of characters we already got. I’ve yet to see an MCU wish list I agree with. But I actually think there’s a greater share of fans who would want or be okay with an entire MCU series. I think comic fans are the minority, not the other way around. 

Silver Samurai, Viper, Squirrel girl, Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger, X-Men (Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Mystique, Pyro, Collosus etc), F4, Valkyrie, Elektra, Daredevil, Gamora, Mantis, Punisher, if a comic inspired series produced these figures I would be happiest as can be. I think a comic roster of characters like this is much more appealing than whatever the MCU is missing. I’ve yet to see an MCU list wow me. 

Also what do we speculate these summer sets to be based on? Call me a wishful thinker but I’d die if they gave us another X-Men set. Many have ruled out the possibility of that happening without a movie but what are the odds? Fingers crossed. Probably most or all Disney + or Spiderman sets. Hope we get a comic property lego hasn’t touched yet (F4...)

21 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Any guess as to what the £150 set will be? 

Very difficult to say, seeing as Avengers Tower and the Helicarrier already just got sets last year, leaving no obvious options for such a large price point.  From the MCU, I would want it to be an Endgame battle or Asgard set, but I would be highly surprised if it were either of those, seeing how LEGO hasn't demonstrated much interest in going back to making new sets for MCU movies after their release.  Maybe it's something for Spider-Man 3?  There's not enough information at the moment to determine what the set could be, and the D2C is an even bigger mystery.

Both Shang-Chi sets are quite small ($30 and $40). My speculation is that the $30 one will be a small shrine or ancient Chinese structure, while the $40 one will be Fin Fang Foom. There's a rumor that Shou-Lao may be in Shang-Chi. I'll be a very happy person if the $30 one turned out to be Fin Fang From and the $40 one is Shou-Lao. 

32 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

My money is on Spider-Man 3. It's most likely a set recreating that film's final battle.

It looks like there are 10 unknown sets not including the D2C, it seems like two of those will be shang chi sets, Im still holding out hope we get at minimum 1 set for WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye since they are all coming out in 2021, and I assume we would get 3 sets for the untitled third spiderman film. I am also praying the cmf is MCU but if I had to put money on it id say it will be comic based idk why just a feeling. The D2C will most likely be MCU based and I bet it will be based off of endgame or infinity war as the lat two marvel D2C were based off of AOU and the first avengers.

Sidenote: Doctor Starnge 2 was originally slated for a May 7 2021 release any shot the sets could be based off of that movie?

18 minutes ago, mgetz said:

It looks like there are 10 unknown sets not including the D2C, it seems like two of those will be shang chi sets, Im still holding out hope we get at minimum 1 set for WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye since they are all coming out in 2021, and I assume we would get 3 sets for the untitled third spiderman film. I am also praying the cmf is MCU but if I had to put money on it id say it will be comic based idk why just a feeling. The D2C will most likely be MCU based and I bet it will be based off of endgame or infinity war as the lat two marvel D2C were based off of AOU and the first avengers.

Sidenote: Doctor Starnge 2 was originally slated for a May 7 2021 release any shot the sets could be based off of that movie?

the film just barely started filming, merchandise is the last thing that would come out for it this year, plus its release date is now 2022. Also that release date was set in 2019 before the pandemic 

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

If it is a movie set.....oh boy ? if not, maybe some comic/loosely game inspired set

Edited by TOTDForever

I hope the cmf is all comic based. I don’t expect it to be, but i hope it. The movies are great to watch of course, but the comic stuff is where it all comes from. They probably choose some variants of the ones they always produce. Therefore i hope for comic accurate Thor with his helmet and wavy hair, comic Electro, comic Wasp. 

10 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The Lizard - Either with the faun legs in green and purple, or a new clawed foot add-on mold, the robe piece in white for the lab coat, new head mold

100%. But, i’d love to see him in a set even better. A sewer set would be cool to have. And add in Vermin and some rats and you have a great playset. 

While I lean towards wanting a comic CMF, I'll be personally happy with either as long as there is at least something new. 

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if the Netflix heroes were mixed in in some form that would make my day. Not because I'm a big fan of those shows necessarily, but because heroes like Daredevil and the Punisher are some of Marvel's most popular and I don't see them popping up anywhere else (although I realise Punisher probably isn't that likely - but hey, we've had Deadpool and Lobo in the past, so who knows?) 

Well... The only thing I hope at least a little bit for in the Marvel cmf is a bald "hairpiece" mould to hide the stud... It would be such a usefull part in pretty much any setting from Dwalin in the Hobbit to any Superhero with a Spiderman-like mask. But I doubt Lego will do "the perfect" classic Spiderman with printed dual moulded arms and legs or similar stuff... Such figures are enough to make some people buy even an in every other aspect terrible 100€ set like the gorgeous Arkham Knight Batman has proven a while ago. 

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Well... The only thing I hope at least a little bit for in the Marvel cmf is a bald "hairpiece" mould to hide the stud... It would be such a usefull part in pretty much any setting from Dwalin in the Hobbit to any Superhero with a Spiderman-like mask. But I doubt Lego will do "the perfect" classic Spiderman with printed dual moulded arms and legs or similar stuff... Such figures are enough to make some people buy even an in every other aspect terrible 100€ set like the gorgeous Arkham Knight Batman has proven a while ago. 

That won't happen. That's just how minfigures look, and it's a matter of creative choice from Lego.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

The DC CMF gave basically all their figures arm and leg printing, don't see why Marvel wouldn't have it. Plus we did just get a nice new Spider Man with arm printing (minus dual printed legs, but there were plenty from the 2019-2020 sets). If we got say a first appearance Spidey in the CMF, he'd absolutely have web printing on his legs too

Here's hoping the $40 set with 202 pieces is minifig heavy like the Ninjago Gamers Market and not just a terrible ppp ratio.  That would certainly be exciting.